Humble Bundle Thread

At least I held out on Guacamelee, but I bought too many of the games early, dammit. Someone told me Antichamber would never be in the bundle, but here it is. A great bundle, though, for people who don't have the games.

Last edited:
This is why I shouldn't buy indie games early.  I'd bit on Guacamelee, Swapper and Giana.  And I haven't even touched Swapper.

Still, bit at $4 BTA.  I wanted the other 3 and have hopes for the future!

Well I already had everything but Monaco, but this is a freaking incredible bundle! I can vouch for all the games being fantastic having actually played and beaten them (well I haven't beaten Antichamber, but that's because I'm not Smarter than a Game Developer). Bought the BTA anyway to send more money to the Dust dev and get the awesome OSTs (so glad I didn't drop $10 on that soundtrack bundle).

If you pass or complain about this bundle you deserve to be slapped with a fish until you come to your senses.
it sucks itfucking indie kiss my ass!!!!!!! this i the worst bundle ever

This is why I shouldn't buy indie games early. I'd bit on Guacamelee, Swapper and Giana. And I haven't even touched Swapper.

Still, bit at $4 BTA. I wanted the other 3 and have hopes for the future!
Monaco and Antichamber are worth it...and I've heard good things about Dust. Those three for four bucks is a steal already...hoping for a decent bonus though

Bought instantly. Glad I held out on Guacamelee and Dust.
Same here.. they were both on my wishlist and I resisted to grab em on the last sale thinking one of em would pop in a Humble Bundle. What a surprise I got today seeing that great bundle.. only game I already had is Giana Sisters and the rest is just great Indie games.. no weakest link in this one so far for me. Insta-Buy !!

Already have Dust on my 360 but havent really played much, but that was the only one I already owned which is rare.  Have been wanting Monaco anyway and Antichamber actually looks pretty cool so I went in for the bta price.  Great bundle as everyone has already stated

It was someone on the Steam forum telling me it would never be in the bundle since it wasn't available for Linux.
Oy.

Games have been in Humbles with Mac or Linux not being available while they're running, but get added later on - at least for the mainline Humbles. Everything else? Good luck getting other platforms...

I agree with Mr. Ninja Squirrel and others; this humble bundle is full of good games.  I already have 3 (Dust, Monaco and Giana Sisters) but still aiming for BTA.  Easily worth BTA for this bundle and even includes some good soundtracks (check out Dust OST for instance).

Regarding Humble Bundle IndieCade sale; anyone think 7 grand steps and or the Bridge worth the $6 BTA price tag?

I think I got most of these during the last seal. Only one I'm missing is *melee but I have it on psn.
worth a buck to have it on steam as well...cards will knock the price down a bit. plus you never know what the bonuses will be, so you can lock a price in. and you can offer the other 3 games up for sale in the trading forums

do it

worth a buck to have it on steam as well...cards will knock the price down a bit. plus you never know what the bonuses will be, so you can lock a price in. and you can offer the other 3 games up for sale in the trading forums

do it
Ill probably wind up getting the BTA and hording the other games. :whee:

Actually not super stoked for this. Not to denigrate the games in question—this is really all me—, but platformers don't do that much for me, Antichamber's first person camera is just going to make me sick (I get horrible nausea from most FPP), and I really just never feel any motivation to play online multiplayer, so I doubt I'll ever even download Monaco.

I'll get the bundle, if for no other reason than to help bring down my horrible average price per game this year (I'm currently at ~$5.23, stupid Drakengard CE), but the question is do I hold out hope for the second week bonuses and BTA, or just drop a buck?

Actually not super stoked for this. Not to denigrate the games in question—this is really all me—, but platformers don't do that much for me, Antichamber's first person camera is just going to make me sick (I get horrible nausea from most FPP), and I really just never feel any motivation to play online multiplayer, so I doubt I'll ever even download Monaco.

I'll get the bundle, if for no other reason than to help bring down my horrible average price per game this year (I'm currently at ~$5.23, stupid Drakengard CE), but the question is do I hold out hope for the second week bonuses and BTA, or just drop a buck?
drop a buck, it locks in the price, so you don't have to decide whether to bta yet. even if you don't like platformers, the swapper, guacamelee, and dust aren't platformers, and are all good games

drop a buck, it locks in the price, so you don't have to decide whether to bta yet. even if you don't like platformers, the swapper, guacamelee, and dust aren't platformers, and are all good games
I know they're not really platformers, but 2D metroidvanias kinda get lumped into the same category by my brain. I'm definitely gonna get those and eventually try them, though. Well, except maybe not Dust. Gave the demo a try on the 360 last year and I just couldn't get into it.

But the BTA will stay locked in no matter what price you pay? Did not know that. That'll definitely be useful info for future bundles.

I know they're not really platformers, but 2D metroidvanias kinda get lumped into the same category by my brain. I'm definitely gonna get those and eventually try them, though. Well, except maybe not Dust. Gave the demo a try on the 360 last year and I just couldn't get into it.

But the BTA will stay locked in no matter what price you pay? Did not know that. That'll definitely be useful info for future bundles.
yup. whatever the price is for bta when you throw down the buck is the total price you ahve to pay to get the bta whenever you decide to get it...definitely useful in case some tasty bonuses show up

Yeah. You can increase your payment up to 30 days from the end of the bundle. I've never done it myself, but if you go to a recently finished bundle it'll still tell you how much you need to pay to unlock the BTA games so you should get them.

Yeah. You can increase your payment up to 30 days from the end of the bundle. I've never done it myself, but if you go to a recently finished bundle it'll still tell you how much you need to pay to unlock the BTA games so you should get them.
whaaaaa

didn't know that you could increase even after the bundle was over

Last edited by a moderator:
Guacamelee is a platformer though. Metroidvanias are a sub-genre of platformers, afaik.

Guacamelee is a platformer though. Metroidvanias are a sub-genre of platformers, afaik.
meh...it has platforming components, but it's definitely not a platformer.

I also definitely wouldn't classify Metroidvanias as a sub-genre of platformers. Really what makes a metroidvania game a metroidvania game (to me, at least) is the nonlinear exploration factor, where new items/abilities allow you to open up new rooms/get powerups previously unattainable. A lot of them having platforming in them, but I wouldn't say it's a necessary component of a metroidvania...

For example, a lot of people consider the batman games to be metroidvanias...they're definitely not platformers.

Well, they're 2D.  I generally interpret platformers to be mostly about navigating obstacles/timing/puzzles like Giana Sisters and Swapper.  Dust and Guacamelee are far more combat focused and are closer to something like Castlevania 2 than Super Meat Boy.

meh...it has platforming components, but it's definitely not a platformer.

I also definitely wouldn't classify Metroidvanias as a sub-genre of platformers. Really what makes a metroidvania game a metroidvania game (to me, at least) is the nonlinear exploration factor, where new items/abilities allow you to open up new rooms/get powerups previously unattainable. A lot of them having platforming in them, but I wouldn't say it's a necessary component of a metroidvania...

For example, a lot of people consider the batman games to be metroidvanias...they're definitely not platformers.
No. You're wrong. All 2D games are platformers. Castlevania is just a cheezy Super Mario Brothers knock-off.

If you can't see how even Burger Time is obviously a platformer, then you're a stupid poopoo-head.

BurgertimeInPlay.png

Anyone able to tell me why there are two links for Giana Sisters DRM free? One says Base Game while the others says Twisted Dreams. What's the difference?
I was wondering this as well.

For the time being, I'm just gonna play it through steam because of the cards. I mean, if I'm gonna bother downloading it there, I might as well play it on steam. But just to prepare myself for the day when society collapses and steam goes tits up, and our only way of playing games is via DRM-Free copies, it sure would be nice to know.

I was wondering this as well.

For the time being, I'm just gonna play it through steam because of the cards. I mean, if I'm gonna bother downloading it there, I might as well play it on steam. But just to prepare myself for the day when society collapses and steam goes tits up, and our only way of playing games is via DRM-Free copies, it sure would be nice to know.
Do you honestly think you'll still be wanting to play this game when/if that time comes?

Guacamelee is a beat-em-up that only has the trappings of a metroidvania. the world is actually small and quite simple and all but one of the 'secrets' to be found are obviously shown on the map

bread's done
Back