Humble Bundle Thread

The most surprising thing to me about the above was the BTA split. I tend to assume that most bundle buyers are non-BTA purchasers; in this case at least, I am clearly wrong. Everything else, though, has pretty much been posited here (and elsewhere, I think) before.
On the weekly I would assume that most are just tossing a buck... on the two week bundles the avg is usually something fairly reasonable so its not really hard to justify beating the avg.

The most surprising thing to me about the above was the BTA split. I tend to assume that most bundle buyers are non-BTA purchasers; in this case at least, I am clearly wrong. Everything else, though, has pretty much been posited here (and elsewhere, I think) before.
You have to remember that a lot of people who don't know squat about digital game bundles (beyond what Steam cobbles together) know about Humble, and to the large majority of them, the BTA almost always seems like a great deal. Add in the charity trappings, the visibility of a price can change anytime (most people don't know that you can lock in a given BTA price), bonus week games that can now only be unlocked via BTA, and the fact that, honestly, it generally actually is a pretty great deal, and you've got a pretty good recipe for maximizing BTA purchases.

2. "Distribution of revenue typically ends up being the default distribution of 65% developers, 20% charity, 15% humble tip." - Most buyers either don't care about the sliders, or don't even know they're there.

3. "With 6 developers, plus the mid-week additions of Fez, Starseed Pilgrim, and BeatBuddy, that’s around 8% per developer." - So the % of the proceeds that go to the devs are split about evenly among them.
I wonder how they figure out how to split money to devs of second week games.

There are times when second week games have been in multiple bundles prior or I'm just not interested in it. I don't think it's fair if my previous dev split is adjust to accommodate the second week games if I have no interest in them/have six copies already.

Sure, if it's default or if it's an even split, maybe that's fine. But for me, there's been certain bundles I've bought for one game (one specifically is the bundle that included Legend of Grimrock) and I've done 100% to that one dev. Seems wrong if Humble will adjust the split without my approval.

I feel they should have a one time slider under that bundles key page where buyers can adjust the split after the second week begins.

Cool on gun slugs. I'll play it and see if it's worth buying on vita (I really would like to play it there of course), the other bonuses look ok. Decent mobile bundle imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
After all the anticipation, the Popcap bundle is really selling like shite isn't it?

S'wierd, cos the $1 tier is excellent.
meh...i thought it was pretty unexciting. peggle is awesome, but i already have it (for xbox, anyway). don't really have interest in any of the other games. pass.

meh...i thought it was pretty unexciting. peggle is awesome, but i already have it (for xbox, anyway). don't really have interest in any of the other games. pass.
Peggle and Bejeweled are two of the best casual games ever. Scoring both those on Steam for a $1 is why I was looking forward to the bundle. The other 3 games are a bonus.

Had never played Peggle until this bundle... frankly I don't get why it is/was so popular.  You just sit there and watch a ball bounce.

I've never seen the appeal of casual games. Clarification...casual video games. If I want to play a casual game, I play cards, board games or tic-tac-toe. None of which I need/want on Steam. I guess I'm too old, but yet too young to appreciate casual games in digital media?

Had never played Peggle until this bundle... frankly I don't get why it is/was so popular. You just sit there and watch a ball bounce.
It's basically Pachinko with a little more control and power-ups, and without the gambling aspect. I get why people like it, but I find it really boring.

If PopCap went to Japan and made a pachinko machine like this, though, they'd have all the moneys. All of them.

After all the anticipation, the Popcap bundle is really selling like shite isn't it?

S'wierd, cos the $1 tier is excellent.
It may just be because everybody and their mum already owns Bejeweled 3 and/or Peggle, the rest of the $1 tier games aren't very good, and the $6 tier doesn't make up for that.

It may just be because everybody and their mum already owns Bejeweled 3 and/or Peggle, the rest of the $1 tier games aren't very good, and the $6 tier doesn't make up for that.
I only have Plants vs Zombies from the bundle. I will grab a full bundle for my wife and I'm trying to decide between $1 and full for myself.

It's basically Pachinko with a little more control and power-ups, and without the gambling aspect. I get why people like it, but I find it really boring.

If PopCap went to Japan and made a pachinko machine like this, though, they'd have all the moneys. All of them.
Mechanical aspect or GTFO (I loved mechanical pachinko machines as a child.)

r.jpg

Plinko or GTFO.

I only have Plants vs Zombies from the bundle. I will grab a full bundle for my wife and I'm trying to decide between $1 and full for myself.
There are demos of both Zuma and Peggle on Steam. Nights is a great version of Peggle, so if you wind up liking it in the demo, and you don't think the base version and demo are enough Peggle, then grab it.

But then Popcap would be opened up to the wrath of PACHINKOHEAD!

MMPR_Pachinkohead.jpg

I guess I'm the only one here, so I'll say it: the Bookworm games are pretty great. Although I think PopCap could have given us Bookworm Adventures 1, at least, instead of the oldest and least well-executed of the batch.

I guess I'm the only one here, so I'll say it: the Bookworm games are pretty great. Although I think PopCap could have given us Bookworm Adventures 1, at least, instead of the oldest and least well-executed of the batch.
Other than PvZ I've spent the most time playing BWA. Very fun if you like word games.

that's actually the only reason i'm debating throwing down a buck, besides the ability to have peggle on pc

Thanks for heads up, mabman.

The Humble Bundle of Love for Brandon Boyer

"Introducing a bundle of love for Brandon Boyer, with more than 30 indie games (and counting) just for you!

Humble Bundle has teamed with independent developers to put together a bundle like no other. To help support this cause, pay at least $25 to receive a ton of games and all proceeds will go directly to the Brandon Boyer Cancer Treatment Relief fund. In addition to Brandon’s medical bills for cancer treatment, the excess funds from this promotion will be donated to a select cancer research organization.

Check back on this post as more games are added to the lineup. This promotion will end on Friday, March 21 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Thanks to everyone for all of your support!"

Brandon Boyer Cancer Treatment Relief: http://www.gofundme.com/brandonnn

Brandon Boyer, founder of Venus Patrol and chairman of the Independent Games Festival (IGF), was recently diagnosed with cancer. Brandon is a beloved member of the indie gaming community whose work with the IGF and Juegos Rancheros has helped to promote and support independent games and developers. Proceeds from this promotion allocated to Brandon's GoFundMe will help to cover the costs of the treatments and surgeries he has received.
  • Actual Sunlight
  • AirMech
  • Auralux
  • Bagfull of Wrong
  • BitTrip Beat Soundtrack
  • BitTrip Fate Soundtrack
  • BitTrip Runner Soundtrack
  • Blocks That Matter + Soundtrack
  • Castles in the Sky + Soundtrack
  • Dynamite Jack
  • Ensnare Soundtrack
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter
  • Fancy Skulls
  • God of Blades + Soundtrack
  • Goscurry + Soundtrack
  • Mazing
  • McPixel + Soundtrack
  • Paragon
  • POP: Methodology Experiment One + Soundtrack
  • Proteus
  • QbQbQb
  • Quixotica Soundtrack
  • Sepulchre
  • Shipwreck
  • Sokobond
  • Stacking + Soundtrack
  • Thomas Was Alone + Soundtrack
  • VVVVVV + Soundtrack
  • Waking Mars + Soundtrack
  • Warp Juggler
  • Wizorb + Soundtrack
  • World of Goo + Soundtrack

Oh holy shit. That new bundle name scared the crap out of me. My brother's name is Brandon Boyer. I was about to make a very uncomfortable phone call. This is an awful coincidence.

I don't understand why a bundle to support a cancer patient would be made to be less desirable than the average Royale at more than thrice their normal prices.

Wouldn't a better goal be to cater to the charitable and people who just want a few good games? This is filled with greenlight rejects and frickin' Mcpixel for godsake.

I don't understand why a bundle to support a cancer patient would be made to be less desirable than the average Royale at more than thrice their normal prices.

Wouldn't a better goal be to cater to the charitable and people who just want a few good games? This is filled with greenlight rejects and frickin' Mcpixel for godsake.
I'm guessing the indie devs got together and did it. Based on my twitter feed last week people really like this guy.

The Devolver Bundle last week launched with his cancer fund so Humble was already involved.

I'm guessing the indie devs got together and did it. Based on my twitter feed last week people really like this guy.

The Devolver Bundle last week launched with his cancer fund so Humble was already involved.
This bundle is the equivalent of people cleaning out their pantry of canned beans for the food drive. "What don't we care about giving away while still feeling like we did some real good in the world?"

bread's done
Back