Humble Bundle Thread

Yay, a new Humble Bundle!

coffee-crystals-chris-farley-o.gif

What's there to predict? Humble has changed in that they've decided to run more bundles even without considering the weekly.
Whether or not they'll drop a PC bundle.

I remember when it was months on end before we would get a bundle. I actually prefer that to what it is now; when they dropped a bundle, you knew it was going to be decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you should have it free on Amazon, I was the one who posted the free deal for The Cave here in the Amazon thread.
Hahaaha thanks! Yeah... seeing my "like" on there, I must have grabbed it. Apparently that's how much I care... I didn't even remember one way or another owning it.

My Amazon AppStore account is really cluttered. I have some good stuff on that but I also have a huge amount of fluff/filler. I'd really like a way to sort it.

Edit: That kind of makes me want to hate-penny this bundle again.

My Amazon AppStore account is really cluttered. I have some good stuff on that but I also have a huge amount of fluff/filler. I'd really like a way to sort it.
I went through and deleted a ton of junk recently and only left a couple of pages worth of stuff I may actually use someday. Their Appstore app redesign which made it take about 3 minutes to refresh my list and get to a point where I could download new apps gotten through the website was a big part of that decision.

Whether or not they'll drop a PC bundle.

I remember when it was months on end before we would get a bundle. I actually prefer that to what it is now; when they dropped a bundle, you knew it was going to be decent.
128664514423998759.jpeg

I went through and deleted a ton of junk recently and only left a couple of pages worth of stuff I may actually use someday. Their Appstore app redesign which made it take about 3 minutes to refresh my list and get to a point where I could download new apps gotten through the website was a big part of that decision.
Yeah, I've really considered doing that. Especially since I rarely mess with the stuff I don't use. I'm never going to get through my library of quality games on android, there's little point to the "maybe someday" stuff.

I bought The Room Two as soon as it was out because the first game was awesome...I really never thought it would get bundled, at least this quickly.  Oh well.

I bought The Room Two as soon as it was out because the first game was awesome...I really never thought it would get bundled, at least this quickly. Oh well.
Really? The first one debuted on android in a Humble Bundle, and the second one had a $.99 sale on iOS within a month of release. I've been putting it off because I was sure it'd be bundled soon.

Still, the developer deserves all the money they can get - I put the full price of the game toward them, and the extra dollar to charity.

I don't understand why people are so down on android bundles in this thread. I think they're great.

I've decided that HB has been asking me to hate-penny them lately... which I've been happy to oblige.

(I'm pretty sure I already have Carcassonne on Android, and honestly I rarely play any games on android. I have no doubt The Cave will the HB'd again.)
Or for a first time, even.

Considering it's a Double Fine game, I'm amazed it hasn't been bundled already. My only guess would be it hasn't for the same reason as Iron Brigade, the publisher (Sega) won't allow it. I'm guessing the Android version sells badly enough for them to allow it in this case, though.
It still hasn't been bundled.

Android-only doesn't count. PC or GTFO.

I don't understand why people are so down on android bundles in this thread. I think they're great.
Because many people NEVER spend money on android apps.

The only app I have ever purchased was Doggcatcher, and even that was "paid" for with Amazon Coins scrounged from FAotDs.

People who use the android app store are cheap....it's pretty obvious. I myself bought dogcatcher, endomondo pro (worth it) and tunein radio pro. Also I think these apps cost me like less than 25 cents each or so, but yeah great apps, but just most people just don't pay. I'm getting this humble mainly for carcassonne. I wish the android got better board game apps like the IOS does.

After seeing the video I really don't feel bad missing it, in fact $1 for just it might be a little steep by CAG standards. Besides it'll make its' bundle that much sweeter (unless it's $6 weekly, in which case sour grapes).
I don't know what they showed in the video, but Velocity Ultra is freaking amazing! It's easily one of the best shmups I've played in a long time, and does some really cool stuff with exploration that makes it feel different from the traditional horizontal/vertical shmups that just have you going up or across the screen. I guess if you aren't a fan of pixel graphics it probably doesn't look like much, but it's very very much worth playing, and certainly worth $1.

People who use the android app store are cheap....it's pretty obvious. I myself bought dogcatcher, endomondo pro (worth it) and tunein radio pro. Also I think these apps cost me like less than 25 cents each or so, but yeah great apps, but just most people just don't pay. I'm getting this humble mainly for carcassonne. I wish the android got better board game apps like the IOS does.
Just wondering what other ones you would be looking for. I think I've picked up most of the ones I've wanted for iOS but it seems to me the only ones I can think of missing on android are the Reiner knizia ones

I don't know what they showed in the video, but Velocity Ultra is freaking amazing! It's easily one of the best shmups I've played in a long time, and does some really cool stuff with exploration that makes it feel different from the traditional horizontal/vertical shmups that just have you going up or across the screen. I guess if you aren't a fan of pixel graphics it probably doesn't look like much, but it's very very much worth playing, and certainly worth $1.
Yeah, that's the impression I got from the reviews when I went to go look, which is why I was gonna pull the trigger despite possible bundle fodder. but Humble decided they didn't want my money. :p

Has it been pouring rain today for anyone else, by the way? I swear it just won't stop.

New Humble Bundle - Humble Mobile Bundle 5:

• Bag It!
  • R-TYPE II
  • Aralon: Sword and Shadow
BTA for:

• The Cave
  • The Room Two
  • Carcassonne
New Humble Store sales:

parted with a shiny copper Lincoln for this. wife actually wanted Bag It, and got tired of waiting for it to be free. #fakecagfamily

I missed the start of today's bundle - what's the price been doing?
increasing

#toomanynoncags

parted with a shiny copper Lincoln for this. wife actually wanted Bag It, and got tired of waiting for it to be free. #fakecagfamily
A penny seems like a small price to pay for a woman who obliges your love of hot chicks.

Besides, she'd get the penny in the divorce proceedings anyways. Unless you're smart like me and converted all of your savings into gold bars shitty indie games and buried it in your backyard under the pear tree Steam backlog. :bouncy:

Well fine. Just go ahead and ruin my day whydoncha?

I think the graphics pay good homage, unlike most of the retro trash "art".

Now excuse me, I have to floss... I've got squirrel gristle in my teeth.

Has it been pouring rain today for anyone else, by the way? I swear it just won't stop.
It was snowing earlier, does that count?

Well fine. Just go ahead and ruin my day whydoncha?

I think the graphics pay good homage, unlike most of the retro trash "art".

Now excuse me, I have to floss... I've got squirrel gristle in my teeth.
I think the graphics are great too, but I know some people have an distaste of pixel graphics and wasn't sure what side you fell on.

And ruining days is part of my profession, so it's good to know I'm doing my job right.

I have a feeling the The Room 2 will end up being a FAOTD on Amazon at some point. The first game was. But then again, it was just the Kindle Tablet Edition.

The Cave was free on Amazon, but from what I read it was a mistake. Missed it when it was free.

Just wondering what other ones you would be looking for. I think I've picked up most of the ones I've wanted for iOS but it seems to me the only ones I can think of missing on android are the Reiner knizia ones
I don't specifically know the board game apps since I rarely ever board game on the phone/tablet. I know I play Androminion like crazy and can't wait for a full Dominion app release for Android. Another main game I want that I don't think is on Android yes is Ascension which had a great IOS version. I'm a huge Reiner Knizia fan (classic Knizia mainly), but yeah which are your favorite board game apps android or IOS doesn't matter.

I usually just play the standards. ticket to ride and catan mostly, with knizia's gangsters thrown in there.  Theres been a ton of sales recently for the ios knizia stuff so I got fully stocked but havent tried most of them.  Ive also been meaning to try small world2 but just havent had the time to get into it

Ive had dominion on my wishlist, Ill have to check out the android version since the ios version got pulled from the store. Also have to check out ascension

That much? Wow, you've been way more impressed with Humble than I have these past several weeks.
I did BTA on Humble Indie 11 back on March 4 give or take a few days... and a 6 dollar on the PopCap weekly. (Which was March 6th to the 13th)

So, yeah, maybe I've been too easy to impress but as someone still fairly new to buying bundles I feel a month layover as being rather perplexing.

So with all the Lego sales this week, does anyone think that maybe we'll get lucky and see...

You know what, never mind, I don't want to Mooby it.

New Humble Weekly - Oh Man, You Should Totally Check That Game Out! Presented By Devolver:

• The Real Texas (DRM-Free) [customspoiler='Greenlit!']The Real Texas has been Greenlit on Steam and purchasers of this bundle will be able to redeem the game when the developer can provide it.[/customspoiler]
  • Cryptic Sea EP (DRM-Free) [customspoiler='includes']Skate or Don't!, Volta, and Touring Car Legend[/customspoiler]
  • Dungeon Hearts (DRM-Free, Steam)
Pay $6 or more for:

• Foul Play (Steam)
  • Legend of Dungeon (DRM-Free, Steam)
  • KRUNCH (Digital Collector's Edition) (DRM-Free, Steam)
Pay $10 or more for:

• Tower of Guns (DRM-Free, Steam)

New Humble Store sales:

There's no mention of Steam keys in the future for The Real Texas, which has been greenlit. It just says they are not provided. Hopefully they clarify.

New Humble Weekly - Oh Man, You Should Totally Check That Game Out Presented By Devolver:

• The Real Texas
  • Cryptic Sea EP
  • Dungeon Hearts
Pay $6 or more for:

• Foul Play
  • Legend of Dungeon
  • KRUNCH
Pay more than $10 for:

• Tower of Guns

New Humble Store sales:

This is bittersweet. I was hoping Foul Play would end up in a bundle so I haven't bought it on PC. But I still bought it on Xbox for $5.At least the double-dip isn't too painful. :p

"The Real Texas has been Greenlit on Steam and purchasers of this bundle will be able to redeem the game when the developer can provide it."

I'm hate-pennying this for DRM-FREE The Real Texas and Touring Car Legend.

Edit: Damn you louie.

Edit2: Nope, not coughing up another 99 cents.

Does anyone have a $1-tier page for the Weekly that had Audiosurf and Beat Hazard Ultra, by the way? There's only 1 or 2 days left to up the order amount and get the keys for the $6 tier and I was wondering if I could Paypal someone the money for the second-tier.

I'll do the right thing and volunteer to break anyone's fingers who pays more than a hate-penny (paypal w/cc)...

The Humble Downward Spiral must be stopped!

bread's done
Back