Humble Bundle Thread

How far back do they go with the availability with Marvel Unlimited?
They go all the way back to Fantastic Four #1.

Keep in mind, it's not their entire catalogue. You will come across some annoying gaps. Overall though, there is a significant amount of content. You can sample every available book for free, to get an idea of what books they offer.

An example: I can go into Marvel's solicitations for April 2008, and usually find 90-95% of the books listed. Unless is Marvel Max or licensed stuff.

They go all the way back to Fantastic Four #1.

Keep in mind, it's not their entire catalogue. You will come across some annoying gaps. Overall though, there is a significant amount of content. You can sample every available book for free, to get an idea of what books they offer.

An example: I can go into Marvel's solicitations for April 2008, and usually find 90-95% of the books listed. Unless is Marvel Max or licensed stuff.
I took a quick look, and non-Superhero content seems very limited. Admittedly there's probably much less call for the comics about humor, western, war, crime and the like, but I've always found those sorts of comics from earlier eras fascinating in what they say about the time they were written.

There have been plenty of times that I thought Humble Bundles "Avg" price was a joke.  

But this one takes the cake.  No way the avg is $9.  The highest donors right now are a couple of guys at $100.  Over 17,000 orders... and I am sure there is a LARGE number of penny buy-in's.  

My guess is that they do not count purchases under a certain price into their avg...  

There have been plenty of times that I thought Humble Bundles "Avg" price was a joke.

But this one takes the cake. No way the avg is $9. The highest donors right now are a couple of guys at $100. Over 17,000 orders... and I am sure there is a LARGE number of penny buy-in's.

My guess is that they do not count purchases under a certain price into their avg...
I think you underestimate Walking Dead. Most people are probably BTA to get Walking Dead, rightfully so, but still ridiculous.

But this one takes the cake. No way the avg is $9. The highest donors right now are a couple of guys at $100. Over 17,000 orders... and I am sure there is a LARGE number of penny buy-in's.

Math isn't your strong suit, is it?

Math isn't your strong suit, is it?
haha, no... it is not.

But 2 people at $100 is not going to pull up 1000 people at a penny.

I don't believe that they have had $171,978.30 in purchases. And I bet I could have tracked that early in the game...

Tracking this - people pay the avg. Last 10 orders were for $10 each.

So... I think that early on, they added an influx of cash to drive the price up. At this point they can just let it ride. Watch it early in the game. I bet you will see something strange with numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you're right, but I wonder what that says about people when the books being offered are volume 1 and volume 20 and nothing in between.

Ugh.
Aside from that people are idiots? That people like posing that they're into something popular when they're not? That people don't mind skipping over 18 volumes so they can participate in the newest discussions with the minimal amount of reading? Definitely a number of possibilities, but I honestly doubt that the majority of people buying the $15-tier are actual fans of the series. :p

Humble has more repeats than Bundlestars.

In for Wanderlust.

Uh, I really want Aces Wild, too, damn it.

Looks like it's the Humble Spoder Weekly this week. :bouncy:

I'd have laughed so hard if Final Exam was the $10-tier game.

Sucks though, seeing as I traded Bardbardian for Sanctum 2 with Mooby the other day. Maybe Mooby can predict Humble Bundles after all.

New Humble Weekly sale - Co-op:

• Awesomenauts
  • Sanctum 2
  • Wanderlust: Rebirth
Pay $6 or more for:

• Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Orcs Must Die! 2 Complete Pack
  • Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action
Pay $10 or more for:

• Risk of Rain
Pay $17 or more for:

• Two Bundles
Pay $30 or more for:

• Four Bundles

New Humble Store sales:

Pay $17 or more

Co-op while you co-op! Pay $17 or more and get two Bundles.
Gift one to spread the Humble Bundle love!

Pay $30 or more

Co-op while you co-op! Pay $30 or more and get four Bundles.
Gift them to spread the Humble Bundle love!

In for happy hour... oops...

Only missing

• Wanderlust: Rebirth
  • Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action
  • Risk of Rain
Not worth $10.

I guess im in for $1 just to get Awesomenauts.
This. These back to back repeats have been great for someone like me who missed the earlier HiBs. I was gonna buy a Humble 8 off SteamTrades for $5, mainly for Awesomenauts. Now I get to reconsider. :mrgreen:

Also, wait, if you pay $30, you get 4 bundles which include Risk of Rain? ($7.50 each). Hmm, $1.50 extra for RoR is pretty good if you plan on going for the $6 tier anyways.

The $6-tier would be a no-brainer for me if I didn't have Rocketbirds already from HiB9.

Anyways, I'll post a list of repeats once again in a minute.

Here's a list of previous bundles these games were in:

Base tier:

Awesomenauts (Humble Indie Bundle 8 Base Tier)

Sanctum 2 (Humble Jumbo Bundle Base Tier)

Wanderlust: Rebirth (Daily Royale, IndieFort)

$6-tier:

Aces Wild: Manic Brawling Action (None)

Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack (Humble Jumbo BTA Tier)

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Humble Indie Bundle 9 BTA Tier)

$10-tier:

Risk of Rain (None)

I missed Humble Jumbo, and have been slowly piecing it together from scraps, and the only games I'm missing from it now are Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete and Serious Sam 3, so this is a good week for me (although it definitely makes me regret trading for Sanctum 2 during the last sale).

Edit: Thank you ashes, added it.

Looks like it's the Humble Spoder Weekly this week. :bouncy:

I'd have laughed so hard if Final Exam was the $10-tier game.

Sucks though, seeing as I traded Bardbardian for Sanctum 2 with Mooby the other day. Maybe Mooby can predict Humble Bundles after all.
I would never have shitty tiers and repeats in my bundle

I need Wanderlust, Aces Wild (looks great!), and Rocketbirds.

Let's see.... $6/3 games = no.

Shoot.
You only need to pay $1 for Wanderlust, and I'll probably have a Rocketbirds to sell you if I end up getting a $7.50 bundle with Risk of Rain.

I would never have shitty tiers and repeats in my bundle
I suppose that's true. Final Exam would take the place of Sanctum 2, right? :p

I was interested in the current bundle..... but The Walking Dead includes Vol 1 and Vol 20?  WTF is with that?  Are they expecting people to just buy Vol 2-19?  lol.

The only solid non-repeat game I've seen in a long while has been Dustforce last week. And I'm talking about all the bundle sites.

Rocketbirds co-op campaign isn't that great, just saying. It's like an abridged version of the singleplayer campaign. Don't know why they put it in a co-op bundle when the singleplayer is better.

From what I read about Wanderlust awile back is that the game is set to a difficulty for 4 players. In single player, you have 3 AI. In multiplayer, you have no AI. So the 2 player mode (which is what I would usually do) and 3 player mode is way harder than it should be.

That's a pretty big oversight IMO.

From what I read about Wanderlust awile back is that the game is set to a difficulty for 4 players. In single player, you have 3 AI. In multiplayer, you have no AI. So the 2 player mode (which is what I would usually do) and 3 player mode is way harder than it should be.

That's a pretty big oversight IMO.
Indie trash

is

trash

Horrible weekly.  Most of that is repackaged and lol @ $10 for Risk of Rain that was just $3ish on Steam.  Wanderlust: Rebirth is 'obsolete' in a manner of speaking as the developers are significantly progressing through a sequel/better version.

bread's done
Back