Humble Bundle Thread

Repeat bundles could be awesome. I missed out on the Zen Pinball bundle a while ago and have been kicking myself since. Though I think I went ahead and bought a bunch of the tables anyway during the winter sale. I suppose it's irrelevant since we (probably) won't see any good bundle repeats.

Sacred Gold is published by Strategy First

Different publisher.
Damn. Thanks. I have it at retail and I'm still waiting for another $1 or lower sale on it for a Steam version.

The only bundle I don't want a repeat of is Telltale since I paid a decent amount for it from a reseller recently, and Serious Sam (unless they include Serious Sam 2 and the DLC for SS3 and SS: TSE HD. Everything else is fair game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good call. But I already have the Deep Silver bundle from last time (my first Humble Bundle, I think). I BTA on it back then too, but I wouldn't mind going in for $1 here for some doubles to give to family/friends.

Also, the average is dropping like a rock, I love it.

Was hoping SRIV or Metro: LL would be included though, Riptide Complete for $9 is bs.

And where the fuck is Sacred 1 Gold? :wall:
Sacred Gold is not by Deep Silver, it is on sale here at $1.49.

Repeat bundles could be awesome. I missed out on the Zen Pinball bundle a while ago and have been kicking myself since. Though I think I went ahead and bought a bunch of the tables anyway during the winter sale. I suppose it's irrelevant since we (probably) won't see any good bundle repeats.
repeats would be awesome if they would run co occurring to a similarly themed bundle...like if the zen pinball was a weekly and ran next to another bundle with all the newer tables in it

hint hint bundle

This isn't a real repeat though is it?  Isn't slightly different?

Edit:

The Full DLC wasn't part of the original Deep Silver bundle.  I might have to track down a key for that in the trade thread.  

This isn't a real repeat though is it? Isn't slightly different?
The reason it looks different is because the second-week bonuses are in the BTA-tier already. Which makes sense as you can only get the bonuses now if you BTA.

Thanks for posting the SteamDB info the other day Madjoki, you and I were right.

The reason it looks different is because the second-week bonuses are in the BTA-tier already. Which makes sense as you can only get the bonuses now if you BTA.

Thanks for posting the SteamDB info the other day Madjoki, you and I were right.
Makes sense. Are the keys separate this time or is it still each tier has one key?

New Flash sales

Saints Row IV - $39.99 $9.99
Saints Row IV: Season Pass - $9.99 $3.33
Those sneaky bastids. Using the bundle to promote the other more expensive offerings instead of shoving them in a bundle. Well played. I expect another flash sale on Metro: LL then.

Makes sense. Are the keys separate this time or is it still each tier has one key?
No clue. Waiting for the BTA to finish dropping before I penny lock.

I'd recommend all of you to only penny lock right now so you can wait and see what other bundles will show up in these next 2 weeks. You can increase your purchase amount for 30 days to unlock keys/more games, so there's no hurry.

525a09475e9b316d8fedbad4abf9dd710af9caaa.png

ae8658b4f8be7dcd4e8047b4b0ec8a64d1486b98.png

If I get the bundle can i give a couple of the games to a friend? I already have saints row 3 and metro. Or are each of the tiers 1 steam key?

And the bundle is far cheaper, Dead Island: Riptide was a $25 tier in the last bundle, now it's a $9 tier. Which is too be expected as it was almost brand new when the last bundle happened.

Honestly, there are worse things that can happen then if this is two weeks of repeats.

Those sneaky bastids. Using the bundle to promote the other more expensive offerings instead of shoving them in a bundle. Well played. I expect another flash sale on Metro: LL then.
Pretty sure it's the other way around, they're using their flash sales to take advantage of the people buying into this rebundling crap.

Still sneaky bastids, but correctly identifying cause and effect is important!

The DLC was included in the BTA tier of the original Deep Silver bundle. The only difference is the added content and lower price of Riptide.
Correct. I redeemed the Full Package DLC from the original Deep Silver bundle way back when and it gave me all the DLC except for the Bloodsucker and the Unlockable packs.

And the bundle is far cheaper, Dead Island: Riptide was a $25 tier in the last bundle, now it's a $9 tier. Which is too be expected as it was almost brand new when the last bundle.
Yeah, that too. Thought Riptide was a rip-off at that price, even way back then.

Pretty sure it's the other way around, they're using their flash sales to take advantage of the people buying into this rebundling crap.

Still sneaky bastids, but correctly identifying cause and effect is important!
Good point.

Double post, but the price seems to be stabilizing around the $5.70 - $5.80 mark (currently $5.73, only going down by a penny or two at a time). Once again, I highly recommend penny locking for the daily bundles this week until they're all revealed. :mrgreen:

Edit: $5.71 now. How low can it go? :p

Average is down to $5.75 and continues to fall.  Honestly at these prices it's going to end up a solid deal for the BTA price if you missed this bundle.

Average is down to $5.75 and continues to fall. Honestly at these prices it's going to end up a solid deal for the BTA price if you missed this bundle.
I think I paid $7ish for the original bundle to BTA and was pretty happy. This is a good deal if you missed that one.

1 key per tier
Thought so. Can't say I'm surprised.

Anyways, at least I was right about the idea that certain devs/publishers wouldn't mind doing a repeat bundle after a long enough period since the last one. I'm still taking credit for these repeats, whether Humble browses these forums for suggestions or not. :bouncy:

Edit: Wow, it is literally the same as last time (probably so they wouldn't have to mess with the SteamDB entries).

I actually agree here. I can't remember who brought up the idea last week of Humble doing a once a month "reboot" bundle just to help keep the strength of their bundles higher, and I thought that was a great suggestion. It keeps the brand strength high, reminding you of their great value, and allowing people who may have missed out for whatever reason to partake.

Even as somebody who already has this bundle and can acknowledge the price isn't as good this time, I STILL think this is a better business strategy and a better PR move than trying to offer some terrible bundle of games that have been cheaper elsewhere. This is at least a legitimately good bundle with games that most other bundle sites can't touch...as opposed to insulting our intelligence with some overpriced crap that nobody wants.

I couldn't justify BTA for SRIII-FP, DI, or the ungodly price of 25 for DI-R then and since I have this bundles Cheapass teir I can't justify 9 dollars now

I already own Dead Island GOTY, there anyway i could buy this but somehow give me friend either my old DI on steam and I use the new code, or use the code for the SR3 dlc but let me friend have the dead island game?  Sorry, pretty new to Steam, HB, and everything.  Thanks for the help guys.

I hope we see a repeat of the weekly Team17 Worms bundle.  I skipped it thinking it was the exact same as the IndieGala Worms bundle but the Humble one had Worms Revolution which has online play whereas the IndieGala one was all single player Worms games.

Edit:  I see Worms in the second picture of that tease, looks like I'm getting my wish.

For those who forget/lazy

The Humble Weekly Sale: Team 17

$1

Worms Armageddon

Worms Blast

Worms Ultimate Mayhem

Worms Pinball

Worms Crazy Golf

Superfrog HD

$6

Alien Breed: Impact

Alien Breed 2: Assault

Alien Breed 3: Descent

Worms Revolution Gold

That is the only Humble bundle to include Worms games to my knowledge so we will be seeing that.  Assuming the pictures are in order that is tomorrows bundle.

I already own Dead Island GOTY, there anyway i could buy this but somehow give me friend either my old DI on steam and I use the new code, or use the code for the SR3 dlc but let me friend have the dead island game? Sorry, pretty new to Steam, HB, and everything. Thanks for the help guys.
Nope. DI GOTY and SR3 DLC can only go to the same account. If either are already on the account they don't do anything.

I actually agree here. I can't remember who brought up the idea last week of Humble doing a once a month "reboot" bundle just to help keep the strength of their bundles higher, and I thought that was a great suggestion. It keeps the brand strength high, reminding you of their great value, and allowing people who may have missed out for whatever reason to partake.

Even as somebody who already has this bundle and can acknowledge the price isn't as good this time, I STILL think this is a better business strategy and a better PR move than trying to offer some terrible bundle of games that have been cheaper elsewhere. This is at least a legitimately good bundle with games that most other bundle sites can't touch...as opposed to insulting our intelligence with some overpriced crap that nobody wants.
That was me. :p Thanks for the compliment. I completely agree and that was my point in bringing it up. I have good ideas.. sometimes.

Clues to 5 more of the daily bundles.

4nWUDA0.png

From the Humble Facebook page via Kiru on NeoGAF.
Ooo, I missed the Worms Weekly Sale one. The only Worms games I have on my account are the spin-offs (Crazy Golf, Pinball, Blast), so I'd definitely be in for one.

I hope we see a repeat of the weekly Team17 Worms bundle. I skipped it thinking it was the exact same as the IndieGala Worms bundle but the Humble one had Worms Revolution which has online play whereas the IndieGala one was all single player Worms games.

Edit: I see Worms in the second picture of that tease, looks like I'm getting my wish.
+1. Also got the Indie Gala one for like $1 from someone here, I think, mainly for Alien Breed.

The best part is that all the keys for the Team 17 Weekly were separate, iirc. :mrgreen:

Guess I get to play your favourite game after all, SecretSquirrel.

Let's say i only wanted Riptide, how much could i reasonably flip the other tiers to offset the $9?
Pray the average flies up? Or pay someone who BTA'd the difference between what they paid and $9? I'd be willing to do that for someone if I end up BTA'ing on this.

Edit: Oh, for anyone who goes in on this bundle for SR3, Playfire is offering rewards for the game until 8 p.m. EST tomorrow. :bouncy:

Clues to 5 more of the daily bundles.

4nWUDA0.png

From the Humble Facebook page via Kiru on NeoGAF.
sweeet banner saga. although you just now that'll be in some bullshit 15 dollar tier or something. the others look like worms, hammerwatch (i think) and galaxy sandbox or whatever the hell that game is called. then also that one after worms which i have no clue.

Pray the average flies up? Or pay someone who BTA'd the difference between what they paid and $9? I'd be willing to do that for someone if I end up BTA'ing on this.

Edit: Oh, for anyone who goes in on this bundle for SR3, Playfire is offering rewards for the game until 8 p.m. EST tomorrow. [smiley abuse]
Even then, it has been cheaper.

Even then, it has been cheaper.
You mean Dead Island: Riptide Complete? I mean, it's only $3 if you BTA at $6. I'm sure someone might want it enough to pay that much.

Also, if they're gonna repeat a Weekly Sale, are they going to have $6 tiers or are they gonna go back to the way it was? :whistle2:k

Edit: Average is creeping back up again. I penny-locked in @ $5.63.

Guess we'll be doing this dance daily for two weeks. That'll be fun.

You mean Dead Island: Riptide Complete? I mean, it's only $3 if you BTA at $6. I'm sure someone might want it enough to pay that much.

Also, if they're gonna repeat a Weekly Sale, are they going to have $6 tiers or are they gonna go back to the way it was? :whistle2:k

Edit: Average is creeping back up again. I penny-locked in @ $5.63.

Guess we'll be doing this dance daily for two weeks. That'll be fun.
Don't penny lock with dailies, just leave browser open!

Oops. (closed/refreshed) wrong tab.

Don't penny lock with dailies, just leave browser open!

Oops. (closed/refreshed) wrong tab.
That spoiler is exactly why I have a system for penny-locking at the best price. :p

I really can't see the average going any significantly lower. If it was a weekly maybe, but the bundle won't be around long enough for a substantial enough dip past the initial rush.

bread's done
Back