Humble Bundle Thread

At least there's only 24 hours between disappointments instead of one or two weeks.
True. I guess they wanted to put their weakest bundle out on Sunday. Looks like Monday's bundle is the mystery game in the banner.

Wonder if they'll make a new promo banner for next week?

Now it is only $1.20 difference between the single copy and the 3-pack. 

Their name being Humble Bundle is now officially ironic, right?

At least there's only 24 hours between disappointments instead of one or two weeks.
Yeah but how it was before I could just have the one disapointment and be done with it for two weeks. Now the disapointment happens every fuck ing day.

$2 one day, $6.25 the next or $2.66 by itself. Obviously the BTA will stay high since no one in their right mind is going to buy one copy for over $6 when 3 is $8 and it was $2 by itself yesterday. The soundtrack and art for the PWYW/$1 tier is a joke. That stuff should be bonuses. That's just their lame excuse to make it a 'tiered bundle'.
Pay what you want to enjoy the game's awesome soundtrack and art pack. Beat the average price and you'll also receive a copy of Hammerwatch.

If you're craving for some co-op action, pay $8 or more to get all of the above as well as three additional copies of the game to give to your friends!
Should be four copies of the game for $8, although Humble seem to be bastardizing "pay what you want" and "bundle" beyond recognition, so I'd wait for independent verification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be four copies of the game for $8, although Humble seem to be bastardizing "pay what you want" and "bundle" beyond recognition, so I'd wait for independent verification.
Dr. Sasquatch confirmed it's a 4-pack. But even then, you have to find 3 other people to buy in with you just so you can get the sale price they had for it yesterday. How annoying.

MAN FUNK DAT, Humble are a bunch of corporate whore San Francisco hipster startup just in it for the venture capital money to live the goodlife C U Next Tuesdays.

$2 one day, $6.25 the next or $2.66 by itself. Obviously the BTA will stay high since no one in their right mind is going to buy one copy for over $6 when 3 is $8 and it was $2 by itself yesterday. The soundtrack and art for the PWYW/$1 tier is a joke. That stuff should be bonuses. That's just their lame excuse to make it a 'tiered bundle'.

If this is what it means to be humble and indie I will take EA and Ubisoft, thanks.
Honestly, I'm starting to think that's the point of these daily bundles. They're dressing it up like it's a show of good will for the customers. But to me, it's looking more and more like test sales to see how they can get the most people to buy into the higher tiers. I'm sure they'll be using the sales figures for this and the Banner Saga bundle and be assessing if it's worth it to use this strategy on future bundles.

Dark days for Humble...for sure. It's really starting to feel like they're trying to squeeze every penny they can get. Nothing really feels genuine anymore. Just my opinion though.

Why not just give away the art/soundtrack and have only the 4 pack for 8 dollars?  It's as if they're trying to look like dicks.

Honestly, I'm starting to think that's the point of these daily bundles. They're dressing it up like it's a show of good will for the customers. But to me, it's looking more and more like test sales to see how they can get the most people to buy into the higher tiers. I'm sure they'll be using the sales figures for this and the Banner Saga bundle and be assessing if it's worth it to use this strategy on future bundles.

Dark days for Humble...for sure. It's really starting to feel like they're trying to squeeze every penny they can get. Nothing really feels genuine anymore. Just my opinion though.
It's been pretty clear for a while now they've been experimenting with ways to manipulate the BTA price so they can get more money and still give the appearance of being 'humble', that it's pay what you want and the average is based on the community.

The whole thing just feels really corporate slimy and disingenuous. They want to give the appearance of letting the community set things but in actuality they are gaming the system which defeats the purpose of pay what you want and beat the average.

Why not just give away the art/soundtrack and have only the 4 pack for 8 dollars?
Because then it wouldn't be a "bundle".

Also the whole thing seems to be in part an experiment to see how using mulit-packs manipulates the BTA price. Clearly it does so in their favor given the results.

I think it's pretty clear that these daily, er, bundles, are a great way to fill in some missed bundles for newer bundle buyers, but that nothing new is going to be offered at anything better than a normal sale price, if that.

No real difference, for me anyway, than if they had taken a two week hiatus.

True. I guess they wanted to put their weakest bundle out on Sunday. Looks like Monday's bundle is the mystery game in the banner.

Wonder if they'll make a new promo banner for next week?
You're wrong, $8 for a four pack isn't nearly as bad as the $15 Banner Saga.

I'd ridicule anyone doing the $15 Banner Saga thing. Hammerwatch 4-pack is decent/solid (80% off), though not a bundle by our standards... But at least you can give it all to devs/charity.

There is now less than a dollar difference between a single copy and the 3-pack.  :wall: 

Since they seem determined to hit a new low every day, I am hoping tomorrow they take a page from IndieGala and make a Voxel-Charity.

I think it's pretty clear that these daily, er, bundles, are a great way to fill in some missed bundles for newer bundle buyers, but that nothing new is going to be offered at anything better than a normal sale price, if that.

No real difference, for me anyway, than if they had taken a two week hiatus.
I would rather have 2 weeks full of daily repeats than some of these shittier bundles though.

I would rather have 2 weeks full of daily repeats than some of these shittier bundles though.
Same. What does it say about Humble when the best bundle they've had is a repeat of one they ran almost a year ago? It sounds retarded...but I would almost rather "give to charity" for a good bundle that I already own than for this crap that is trying to con people.

There is now less than a dollar difference between a single copy and the 3-pack. :wall:

Since they seem determined to hit a new low every day, I am hoping tomorrow they take a page from IndieGala and make a Voxel-Charity.
Maybe second tier will go over $8 and you only get first and third tiers with $8 purchase :D

You're wrong, $8 for a four pack isn't nearly as bad as the $15 Banner Saga.

I'd ridicule anyone doing the $15 Banner Saga thing. Hammerwatch 4-pack is decent/solid (80% off), though not a bundle by our standards... But at least you can give it all to devs/charity.
That's only if you bought in at full price.

Unless you're spending $8+ on this Hammerwatch bundle, you're getting significantly less than you would have with Banner Saga at an equal price aka the $1-tier of Banner Saga at least gave you something that wasn't an artbook/music.

agreed. or even variations where they flipped some of the parts around or put some of the upper tiers into lower tiers, etc. there'd be at least a few games i'd want...but these "bundles" are just stupid.

Wouldn't it be funny if the BTA price ended up exceeding $8?

Edited:  Having said that I can't verbalize why that would actually be funny.  Knee jerk reaction I guess.

That's only if you bought in at full price.

Unless you're spending $8+ on this Hammerwatch bundle, you're getting significantly less than you would have with Banner Saga at an equal price aka the $1-tier of Banner Saga at least gave you something that wasn't an artbook/music.
You're wrong. The $1 Banner Saga tier was miserable if you actually looked into it, so was the BTA tier.

Miserable, but better than the one here. That's my point. The BTA-tiers are about the same levels of bad.
Equally bad at best since I wouldn't buy either $1 or BTA tiers. I kickstarted Banner Saga ($10) for the full and proper game. At the Fixed tier Hammerwatch >> Banner Saga... thus overall Hammerwatch Daily > Banner Saga Daily.

Over 2.5 years since the Humble Voxatron Debut and it's still only in alpha v0.2.11.

fuck that
That was the bundle that taught me not to buy into early access, and this was before early access was really a thing. Fortunately it came with TBoI, so I don't feel like I got cheated too bad, but this was back when I was voluntarily paying up to a couple dollars more than the average "for charity." Bleh.

I am thankful to Humble for at least wising me up to these kinds of scams at relatively low personal cost.

Equally bad at best since I wouldn't buy either $1 or BTA tiers. I really don't care about a starter-pack for a F2P MP-battles only game... I kickstarted ($10) it for the full and proper game. At the Fixed tier Hammerwatch >> Banner Saga... thus overall Hammerwatch Daily > Banner Saga Daily.
u only say that cuz sifu gave u a copy for free

Equally bad at best since I wouldn't buy either $1 or BTA tiers. I really don't care about a starter-pack for a F2P MP-battles only game... I kickstarted ($10) it for the full and proper game. At the Fixed tier Hammerwatch >> Banner Saga... thus overall Hammerwatch Daily > Banner Saga Daily.
I was in agreement with you up until it turned out a better version of the Hammerwatch soundtrack was officially available for free. Now I think it's about even.

That was the bundle that taught me not to buy into early access, and this was before early access was really a thing. Fortunately it came with TBoI, so I don't feel like I got cheated too bad, but this was back when I was voluntarily paying up to a couple dollars more than the average "for charity." Bleh.

I am thankful to Humble for at least wising me up to these kinds of scams at relatively low personal cost.
Yeah, I was skeptical about that one, but decided to buy in for 2nd week additions which paid off nicely. I'm surprised that and established dev with Humble-advertising let it languish.

Over 2.5 years since the Humble Voxatron Debut and it's still only in alpha v0.2.11.

fuck that
Here's an official release regarding Voxatron from it's developers:

Hey guys! Voxatron is coming along great. We're currently chugging along, at alpha v0.2.11 as of the moment. Right now, it looks like we'll be finished (maybe) by 2058. For those of you who aren't dead by then, we think you'll really enjoy the game!

Here's an official release regarding Voxatron from it's developers:

Hey guys! Voxatron is coming along great. We're currently chugging along, at alpha v0.2.11 as of the moment. Right now, it looks like we'll be finished (maybe) by 2058. For those of you who aren't dead by then, we think you'll really enjoy the game!
Seriously though, who would have thought making a Minecraft clone would take this long?

I was worried when they announced these 14 days of bundles that I'd run out of money =/

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

New...Sale:

This one seemed to have popped up around when the Alan Wake deal ended, but it's not actually showing as a Flash Deal.  It might just be bugged, like State of Decay was, so if you're interested, it might be best to try to grab it before 10PM PDT, just in case.

Er... I'm sure someone mentioned it but it's also currently $4 on the Humble Store...
does the selection in humble store come with the incredible soundtrack and art pack that totally make the game worth and extra 3.70? No? I didn't think so.

BEST HUMBLE EVAR BEST DEAL EVAR YOU'RE A MORAN CASE CLOSED

does the selection in humble store come with the incredible soundtrack and art pack that totally make the game worth and extra 3.70? No? I didn't think so.

BEST HUMBLE EVAR BEST DEAL EVAR YOU'RE A MORAN CASE CLOSED
You could buy the game on the store for 4 bucks then put a dollar on the bundle only making it 5 bucks instead of 7.70. There for, I win. #FakeCAG :p

New...Sale:

This one seemed to have popped up around when the Alan Wake deal ended, but it's not actually showing as a Flash Deal. It might just be bugged, like State of Decay was, so if you're interested, it might be best to try to grab it before 10PM PDT, just in case.
They're really just taking the piss now. Right after some people would have paid $5 extra in the Team 17 bundle for Worms Armageddon they sell it separately for $3.74.

Banner Saga will be $9.99 next.

bread's done
Back