Humble Bundle Thread

Do you guys think the 100% to Doctors Without Borders is legitimate, or are they not factoring in some sort of fee or some other bullshit? Is this a tax write-off for Humble?
Humble likes to boast about how much they raise for charity (so do a lot of big corporations).

And it's MSF... only dumbass yankees call it Doctors Without Borders.

I'm really tired of overpriced games that come with the 'think of the children!' crap attached. I'm all for donating to charities (and I do myself sometimes) but people can do that on their own. We don't really need it as an excuse to overpay for games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when you see a 100% for charity claim you can qualify it by the fact that they're getting a tax write-off.  That is, the money isn't going directly from you to the charity, it's going from you to the third party to the charity.  And in the case of a massive lump-sum donation there are definitely financial perks for the donor.

Blizzard does this with the in-game WoW pets/mounts all the time.

Third week in a row without a new Humble Bundle. They really are getting back to the good old days.
Bundles usually pop on Tuesday. So wait until tomorrow, and then you can complain. :)

Edited to layout the schedule:

Tuesday: "Main" Bundles

Wednesday: Book Bundles

Thursday: Weekly Bundles

At least, that's been the pattern for the past few months.

Bundles usually pop on Tuesday. So wait until tomorrow, and then you can complain. :)

Edited to layout the schedule:

Tuesday: "Main" Bundles
Wednesday: Book Bundles
Thursday: Weekly Bundles

At least, that's been the pattern for the past few months.
Wait? It's Monday?

New Humble Store sale:

• Indievision Presented by Devolver Digital - $194.99 $19.99 [customspoiler='includes'] The Quiet Girl's Guide to Violence
    Men With Beards
    Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters
    Cinema Six
    Cryptic Sea EP
    A Virus Named Tom
    Omega Jam documentary
    Minecraft: The Story of Mojang Deluxe Edition
    Serious Sam 3: BFE
    Serious Sam Complete Pack[/customspoiler]

Do you guys think the 100% to Doctors Without Borders is legitimate, or are they not factoring in some sort of fee or some other bullshit? Is this a tax write-off for Humble?
It's legit: Here are the associated Doctors:

McCoy_medical_tunic.jpg
31041-bigthumbnail.jpg
DOOGIE-HOWSER-MD.jpg
tumblr_ldhchbHSbI1qetkr3o1_500.jpg

The 4th picture isn't coming up for me, probably because of work.  If it isn't Dr. Cox, I am severely disappointed.

New Humble Bundle - Music in Schools Bundle:

"Alameda Music Project (AMP) is a tuition-free after school program that provides ensemble music education to children in grades K-5. AMP serves the needs of a multi-ethnic and socio-economically disadvantaged community where access to quality music education is non-existent. Therefore, any child wishing to participate is offered full-tuition scholarships. Thanks to The String Arcade album proceeds and other fundraising efforts, more than 40 elementary school students currently attend choir class twice a week. Money raised with the “Music in Schools” bundle will help fund an intensive, 5-days-per-week program for up to 80 students, launching in September, to include musicianship classes, instrument instruction, a youth orchestra and choir, and support services such as homework help."

Pay $20 or more for:

The String Arcade
A collection of string quartet arrangements of iconic video game themes such as Sonic, Monkey Island, Ecco the Dolphin, Galaga and Zelda, but includes more recent titles such as Minecraft, Plants V. Zombies, FTL and Scurvy Scallywags!

The Residents - “I Murdered Mommy!”
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine -” White People and the Damage Done”
zircon - AntiGravity
Chris Rickwood - Tribes Ascend OST
David Kanaga - Music for Youth Orchestra
Sean Beeson - Mecho Wars HD - Desert Ashes OST
scntfc - Sword and Sworcery - Moon Grotto 7
Ian Stocker - Escape Goat 2 OST
Jessica Curry - Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs OST
Ethan Fenn - Go Home Dinosaurs OST
Disasterpeace & Ian Snyder - The Floor is Jelly OST
Disasterpeace - Fez OST
Ben Prunty - FTL Advance Edition OST
Alexander Brandon - Tyrian OST

Dodger Down (Android)
Circuits (MAC/PC/LINUX)

Pay $50 or more for:

everything above plus 52 music releases and 4 more games

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

This is #FAKECAG, but anyone want to share their thoughts on Ironclad Tactics?  It's against my religion to buy in at the $9 tier, but this game looks like it pertains to my interests.

Is it possible to re-sell an entire humble bundle or are they tied to your account?  I bought the weekly at the $6 price through Amazon payments but it froze up and never sent an email so I purchased again with Google wallet.  Then 3 hours later the amazon payments email finally shows up and now I have 2 x $6 weekly bundle keys.    :wall:

Is it possible to re-sell an entire humble bundle or are they tied to your account? I bought the weekly at the $6 price through Amazon payments but it froze up and never sent an email so I purchased again with Google wallet. Then 3 hours later the amazon payments email finally shows up and now I have 2 x $6 weekly bundle keys. :wall:
Did you claim both bundles? If so, they are now tied to your humble account and you'd need to sell off the individual steam redemption gifts as Mooby suggested. If you didn't claim one or both of them, you can just sell off the entire bundle. Take the link for the bundle that Humble emailed to you and sell that off to somebody. They will be able to claim it on their account even though you bought it.

As a thank you for answering your question, you can send me that Eador GOG key that you weren't gonna be using.

another crap bundle
Ew. Those artists aren't even that good. I think Groupees gave Disasterpeace albums out for $1 minimum in several bundles. They should have at least tried for more or better artists for this charity.

Did you claim both bundles? If so, they are now tied to your humble account and you'd need to sell off the individual steam redemption gifts as Mooby suggested. If you didn't claim one or both of them, you can just sell off the entire bundle. Take the link for the bundle that Humble emailed to you and sell that off to somebody. They will be able to claim it on their account even though you bought it.

As a thank you for answering your question, you can send me that Eador GOG key that you weren't gonna be using.
I was logged in when I purchased them so I think they are both tied to my account now. It seems like the easiest thing to do would be to part out the Steam keys in the trade thread. Thanks!

I was logged in when I purchased them so I think they are both tied to my account now. It seems like the easiest thing to do would be to part out the Steam keys in the trade thread. Thanks!
I'm usually not logged in when I buy, so I don't know how that works. For all I know, you could be right about that. It could get added to your account automatically if you're logged in. It can't hurt to check though.

Click on the bundle links that were emailed to you. Up on the top right hand side of the bundle page there should either be something that says "claim this bundle" or "this bundle is claimed by you". If you see the first option, you can still sell that bundle off and the recipient will get everything in the bundle (including the soundtracks & DRM-Free copies of the games).

I'm usually not logged in when I buy, so I don't know how that works. For all I know, you could be right about that. It could get added to your account automatically if you're logged in. It can't hurt to check though.

Click on the bundle links that were emailed to you. Up on the top right hand side of the bundle page there should either be something that says "claim this bundle" or "this bundle is claimed by you". If you see the first option, you can still sell that bundle off and the recipient will get everything in the bundle (including the soundtracks & DRM-Free copies of the games).
Yep double checked and it was listed as "claimed by you" the first time I clicked on the link to open it.

This is #FAKECAG, but anyone want to share their thoughts on Ironclad Tactics? It's against my religion to buy in at the $9 tier, but this game looks like it pertains to my interests.
It depends a lot on how many other games you have in that bundle. I wanted Unity of Command the most, but got swayed by the good scores and reviews of Ironclad Tactics, so I just bought the whole thing.

It plays like a more advanced version of Plants vs Zombies. You make a deck (like Magic the Gathering) of units to use, and your hand has 5 cards at a time. You gain action points as real time passes, and stronger cards take a few turns of saving up.

It definitely scratches my strategy itch. It's hard in a good way. You play the level, probably lose and realize that you should make a few tweaks to your deck to beat this level. After a few changes (and knowing what the enemy is going to do), you probably win the next time, and it is extremely satisfying.

In summary, if you promise yourself that you'll play it (or any of the other Humble Strategy Bundle games) before next winter steam sale, I think you'll be glad you bought it.

New Humble Books bundle - Dynamite 10th Anniversary:

• My Little Phony: A Brony Adventure
  • The Mocking Dead
  • Vampirella Vs. Fluffy
  • Chaos! #1
  • Amanda Hocking's The Hollows: A Hollowland
  • Cryptozoic Man
  • Sherlock Holmes, Vol. 1 The Trial of Sherlock Holmes
  • Vampirella Masters, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Project Superpowers Vol. 1
Beat the Average for:

• Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: War Cry #1
  • Legendary #1-3
  • Pathfinder: Dark Waters Rising, Vol. 1
  • Red Sonja: Queen of Plagues, Vol. 1
  • Kevin Smith's Green Hornet, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Vampirella Masters, Vol. 4
  • George R. R. Martin's Wild Cards
Pay $15 or more for:

• The Dynamite Art of Alex Ross
  • Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, Vol. 1
Download for free (today only):

• Red Sonja Issue #1

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

What's the lowest BTA anyone has seen for this new Book Bundle?
It was $12.65 for such a long time that I thought it was an arbitrary "average". Looks like it's come down a little now, and I saw it at $10.31 $10.10 before it started to climb again.

It was $12.65 for such a long time that I thought it was an arbitrary "average". Looks like it's come down a little now, and I saw it at $10.31 before it started to climb again.
OK. I didn't catch it at the start and saw it around $10.30. I was thinking I missed the drop earlier.

The BTA is probably staying high on this one because the BTA tier is really good.

For the first couple hundred sales or so, every time you refreshed the page, it went back to 6 sold with average at $12.65. So yea probably not going to drop very far.

Man, Deadly Premonition, $5...

I don't know if I should get it, even at this price. I watched one of the Giant Bomb Endurance Runs and feel that I've seen everything the game has to offer.

Man, Deadly Premonition, $5...

I don't know if I should get it, even at this price. I watched one of the Giant Bomb Endurance Runs and feel that I've seen everything the game has to offer.
It's like 500 points on Tremorgames. Sign up, fudge some surveys, Get the game for free.

51692334.jpg

C'mon gimme Testament Of Sherlock Holmes at a buck.

Last edited:
The Humble Weekly Bundle - Frogwares

Pay What You Want ($1 or more for Steam)
  • Department 42: The Myster of the Nine (DRM-free only)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth (DRM-free only)
  • Journey: The Heart of Gaia (DRM-free only)
  • Dracula: Origin
  • Dracula: Love Kills
  • Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles
  • Sherlock Holmes and The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
Beat the Average for Sherlock Holmes
  • Nemesis
  • The Awakened
  • The Secret of the Silver Earring
  • The Mystery of the Mummy
$9 or more 
  • Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper
  • Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Typical shenanigans of the first three or so buyers making 15.00 "donations". It shot up to almost $7 and has dropped again. 

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Frogwares:

• Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of The Baskervilles
  • The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
  • Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
  • Journey: The Heart of Gala
  • Dracula : Origin
  • Dracula: Love Kills
Beat the Average for:

• Nemesis
  • The Awakened