Humble Bundle Thread

Nice @ 6.66, hehe.

How devilish.
img_9725-version-3.jpg

Huh, I think I'll hard boil some eggs...

The one on the right looks totally fake, but I would definitely grope her in public and then stone her to death for letting a man touch her outside of marriage.
As of today, you can do that to female co-workers for disrespecting your religion. It all comes back to the Middle East!

I really have to hand it to Humble.  After a spring full of complaints they've really managed to turn it around and bring back the good old days.

Yeah, the comics bundle should get second week additions tomorrow.

I'm surprised there wasn't anything today. It's not like there's any competition anywhere right now.

Oh well, new weekly on Thursday it is.
It's been an odd number of weeks since the last main bundle ended, and since main bundles go for two week intervals and have been back to back for so long, I'm guessing that, in general, we're probably going to see any breaks in the foreseeable future last for an even number of weeks.

Can't imagine anything other than HIB 12 for next week.
What's with all the jinxing?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the candidates for a potential HIB 12? Some guesses:

Gone Home

Papers, Please

Spelunky

Gunpoint

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve

Outlast

Gone Home

Papers, Please

Spelunky

Gunpoint

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve

Outlast
All of those are good candidates except for Don't Starve which is getting an MP expansion soon that's going to increase the MSRP.

Gone Home

Papers, Please

Spelunky

Gunpoint

Rogue Legacy

Don't Starve

Outlast
You'll want to put Gone Home and Papers, Please into the top $$ tier since I want those two and own all the rest.

Sounds about right.

I'm betting on an epic Humble Indie X level disappointment next week.

(sorry)
Ffft, I'm still betting it's going to be an Android bundle; though with all the jinxing in this thread, I may be being overly optimistic.

Post Scriptum:
I just thought of something.

If you can lock in a BTA price with a penny, and if you have a month after the bundle ends to raise your price and grab the BTA tier, if a significant number of people who would otherwise be BTA'ing during the bundle's active period instead penny-locked and only BTA after the bundle went down, that would keep the BTA down for everybody, wouldn't it?

I wonder if this is worth pursuing on a large scale, or if Humble would catch on and change their policies.

Kinda underwhelmed by the additional Dynamite books.
Apparently so is everybody else. It's nearly an hour in, and the BTA has only risen 2 cents from the lowest price I've seen after the first day's fluctuations.

I'm not a comic reader (too expensive a habit from what I've seen with friends who are), though I've been kind of interested in picking some up for cheap now that Humble is doing these kinds of bundles. Is there any value to be had in the BTA for somebody who knows next to nothing about most of this stuff, and has certainly never read any of it?

For reference, I read what was in the low tier of the Image Comics bundle and hated almost all of it.

Apparently so is everybody else. It's nearly an hour in, and the BTA has only risen 2 cents from the lowest price I've seen after the first day's fluctuations.
They did things a bit differently this time. They went light on the bonus with a much beefier BTA tier from the start. That kept the BTA high to begin with.

I'm not a comic reader (too expensive a habit from what I've seen with friends who are), though I've been kind of interested in picking some up for cheap now that Humble is doing these kinds of bundles. Is there any value to be had in the BTA for somebody who knows next to nothing about most of this stuff, and has certainly never read any of it?

For reference, I read what was in the low tier of the Image Comics bundle and hated almost all of it.
If I weren't so broke, I'd be in just for the Shadow book, but I'm a sucker for anything with The Shadow.

bread's done
Back