Humble Bundle Thread

My system is I have one tab opened at the lowest point, another tab used for refreshing. Once the refreshed beats my other tab, I close the first tab, and open a new one and go back to refreshing. Pretty handy system.

Sometimes, if I'm paranoid over closing my lowest point tab, I'll even open another tab at the same price, and move it elsewhere.
That's exactly what I do, didn't know there were other ways to do it lol

True CAGliness: refreshing a web page for 10 minutes seeing if the price drops a few cents when it actually costs more to wait due to the influx of new cards lowering the price from 50 cents to 15.

For those in the know, how kid friendly is Cinders? Looks neat but I know nothing about it. I'm guessing its got some dark stuff in it?
I don't recall anything overly violent or scary in my play through. I think it should be fine but there's no voiceovers and a lot of text. Some of the vocabulary may be a little a little out of range for some kids.

Overall I think it should be fine for a preteen and up who likes to read but the amount and level of text wouldn't work for a smaller child not due to content but just a required reading level.

This bundle looks absolutely gorgeous. I guess my wallet and I will be sleeping in separate beds tonight. Oh well.

Does anyone know what kind of art style Raetikon is? I'm absolutely drawn to it (Get it? Drawn!).

Oh man I snoozed on this bundle and it's already at nearly $5.50.  Not sure if I'm willing to bite at that price but I definitely would have at $4.

I love how out of place Mercenary Kings is with the "art games" of the bundle.
/run MysterD.toast

Wait, who said that mercenaries can't be beautiful?

bayonetta-465x308.jpg

{trouser shrugs}

Last edited by a moderator:
They basically just needed to throw something in there to manipulate the bta price. It doesn't even matter what it is. Enough mindless drones and/or noobs who don't know what good deal pricing is for indie games will buy it that it drives the bta up.

#humblesnewnormal

They basically just needed to throw something in there to manipulate the bta price. It doesn't even matter what it is. Enough mindless drones and/or noobs who don't know what good deal pricing is for indie games will buy it that it drives the bta up.

#humblesnewnormal
Which is why I stopped at $5.25. I may be a mindless drone, but I'm not a $12 mindless drone. And also I really wanted Raetikon.

After 40 hours and counting of State of (wait for it) Derpcay and the fact that a new main Humble is MIA; I am now at peace with my purchase during the Steam sale.  The mechanics could stand to be a lot better but it's still a fairly unique experience compared to most other zombie games.

Those Cinders cards tanked pretty quick, huh?

Guess I won't be quitting my day job and setting out as a Steam card salesman (though I hear the commission is great).

Yeah.  I was trying to idle right away and get in first, but I think I didn't take the low level of demand into account enough.  The two cards I saw sell were listed for half of what everyone else's were, and even those I'm pretty sure someone just bought to try and resell.  Impulse resellers were probably the only market until more people got the bundle throughout the day, by which time prices had tanked.

Highly specialized, very situational lesson learned.

Those Cinders cards tanked pretty quick, huh?

Guess I won't be quitting my day job and setting out as a Steam card salesman (though I hear the commission is great).
I ended up getting about a dollar total off of them. I think some of that is due to the automated buying system -- mine pretty much sold instantly.

Probably once those first buy orders got fulfilled, the demand for them was satiated enough to encourage others to drastically drop their prices.

I ended up getting about a dollar total off of them. I think some of that is due to the automated buying system -- mine pretty much sold instantly.

Probably once those first buy orders got fulfilled, the demand for them was satiated enough to encourage others to drastically drop their prices.
I just realized how awful the new commodity system could be for people who neglect to keep up with their bundles. I bet people are going to sell recent bundle games' cards for upwards of .40 cents before their buyers realize that they need to rescind their now high-priced buy orders. This could be fun.

edit: Spoder is gon' be rolling in the gaben bux :headache:

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Eye Candy:

• KAMI
  • Ballpoint Universe - Infinite
Beat the Average for:

• Secrets of Rætikon + Artbook
  • Antichamber
  • Cinders
Pay $12 or more for:

• Mercenary Kings

New Humble Daily Deal:

DRM-Freedom Sale Day 1:

See LouieDog's post here.
2492716_o.gif

Damn beat me by $0.04.
there's something different about you, but I can't seem to put my finger on them it.

photo-thumb-424095.jpg

The other thing is, with some of the other bundles sometimes the card prices eventually rebound a little bit but with Humble they never do. They stay low forever.

If you have a game that you think may end up in a Humble then get rid of those cards well before it gets in that bundle. Of course who ever thought Cinders would be in a Humble Bundle?

I think those of us who got it in the Gamesrage bundle did well because it was obscure enough that we didn't have a ridiculous amount of competition driving the prices down.

I normally don't (intentionally) buy DRM free games in bundles but I made an exception for Cinders because it looked interesting and I really wanted it.

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

DRM-Freedom Deals - Day 2:

Other Humble Store sales:

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

DRM-Freedom Deals - Day 2:

Just so nobody's head explodes over the Dungeon Defenders price, it's the Complete Collection.

Gone Home is a art game isnt it? hehe

Why u guys didnt answer me when i asked u guys if Fist of Awesome was up on greenlight when it was on sale on humble store for a buck. :(

Come to think of it, why are there never ports for Japanese games? It's hard to get a localasation for anything other than AAA games these days. Is there some sort of stigma against PC gaming over there?
PC gaming basically isn't a thing in Japan. Outside of visual novels, it really doesn't occur to most Japanese people that a personal computer can be something that you game on.

It's a cultural thing.

Ugh... I got impatient with Dead Island Riptide (I know it isn't great) after waiting a year or so and bought it during the Steam Summer Sale. It's now cheaper by almost 2 bucks for the complete package. 

Humble Dailies > Steam Summer Sale. It's a thing.

bread's done
Back