Humble Bundle Thread

I really hope Borderlands 1 (GOTY?) is a bonus since I don't have it. Also, even as a newbie, this is the first really good humble that I've seen over the last couple of months I've been checking. Hope this starts a trend!

Only missing Bureau.  I'll buy it for a buck but waiting to see if BTA drops a bit on the off chance the mystery box holds something I don't own (probably not).

Too bad they didn't throw Freedom Force in the $1 tier, would have actually bought it.
It would have been so much better if they'd included both Freedom Force games in the first tier instead of The Bureau. If they'd done that, I'd have bought it and not be bitter about the bundle!

I'm sure Borderlands 1 will be one of the bonuses. 2... maybe. How much were they selling base 2 for during the recent sales? $8 or so? Yeah I could actually see it and triggering people to buy the mountain of DLC.
Well, Borderlands 1 has been Mooby'd jinxed. Any serious guesses now that we've got a solid reference point?

I really hope Borderlands 1 (GOTY?) is a bonus since I don't have it. Also, even as a newbie, this is the first really good humble that I've seen over the last couple of months I've been checking. Hope this starts a trend!
If you have BL2 then BL1 is not really worthwhile.

$5 actually but yea I can see it there as a way to sell DLC. Civ V base game also. The only thing is why leave big names like that for the bonuses. Maybe try to move more bundles at a higher average price? Eh I don't know.
It generates a buzz for the second week. It's already a fairly big splash given it's 2K for the first week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple cars, couple suits.

I have the standard edition on Steam and it doesn't show in my DLC. The Wiki makes it sound as though it's deluxe/collector's edition only.
Eh..... I have the other games in the BTA already. Trying to decide if I should increase my payment to the BTA amount or wait for the deluxe to go on sale eventually. Even if it's only a couple cars and suits, my DLC OCD will destroy me.

Eh, it's like playing Torchlight 1 after Torchlight 2.
I'll be the first to admit that the main story in Borderlands blew chunks, but there were some very memorable characters and moments that make it worth playing. There are areas that you revisit in the sequel and there are allusions to the first as well. Just having access to The Secret Armory of General Knoxx alone is worth the play.

On the other hand you have the Torchlight series that doesn't have very memorable NPCs or story moments. That alone makes them different enough not to lump them together when recommending the older game to someone who just played the sequel.

I dont see nobody giving away the bta tier games away, Neogaf does that in their steam thread. Hell they even give away Witcher 3, they make u guys look like greedy mofos.

200.gif

I dont see nobody giving away the bta tier games away, Neogaf does that in their steam thread. Hell they even give away Witcher 3, they make u guys look like greedy mofos.
1) Give bta stuff away yourself then someone at CAG will have done it.

Or

2) go to GAF and STFU

I'd also point out their site isn't built around being a penny pinching tightwad.

Show us all how it's done and start giving away copies of The Witcher 3 then. I'll even volunteer to be the first lucky winner.

For science.

Last edited:
Greedy? More like Cheap Asses.

Edit: Also a lot of the people here prefer not to give their extras to lurkers who don't contribute nor say thanks. So they do giveaways for regulars only or give the spares to the regs who need them and didn't buy the bundle. People here are quite generous, whether you see it or not.

Greedy? More like Cheap Asses.

Edit: Also a lot of the people here prefer not to give their extras to lurkers who don't contribute nor say thanks. So they do giveaways for regulars only or give the spares to the regs who need them and didn't buy the bundle. People here are quite generous, whether you see it or not.
Of course we're greedy here on CAG - we're CAG's!

We're here to spend VERY little and GET a lot from that.

I don't think many would ever want to even giveaway an expensive game like The Witcher 3.

Yeah - we'd want to buy that for ourselves, if we gonna #FakeCAG it and not worry about the usual "75% off or better" rules.

Of course we're greedy here on CAG - we're CAG's!
We're here to spend VERY little and GET a lot from that.

I don't think many would ever want to even giveaway an expensive game like The Witcher 3.
Yeah - we'd want to buy that for ourselves, if we gonna #FakeCAG it and not worry about the usual "75% off or better" rules.
You know that, I know that, most people on CAG know that. But still there are some who feel CAG isn't generous enough for giving away games that aren't even out yet. If someone could afford to give away copies of Witcher 3 then odds are that person wouldn't need to spend time on CAG looking for deals lol.

People on here are very nice with giveaways....usually extra bundled games but it's nice esp when you only want one game from a bundle. I know I've gotten at least 5+ codes....,but I give away a bunch too. It's just liking the community is all.

Also may just go 1 dollar though the Bureau is not a high want at all. Also don't have the Darkness 2 but played the demo for the PS3 and it seemed fun. 

Well, if borderlands 1 isn't that great, I hope they include an NBA game then.
If you listened to Mooby every time he said a game sucked you wouldn't have any games.

Also he buys more games than he lets on. Otherwise he wouldn't have so much to complain about.

I feel like Mooby needs a warning disclaimer for the noobs.

You know that, I know that, most people on CAG know that. But still there are some who feel CAG isn't generous enough for giving away games that aren't even out yet. If someone could afford to give away copies of Witcher 3 then odds are that person wouldn't need to spend time on CAG looking for deals lol.
I see CAG's constantly giving away extra keys & left-overs from bundles - even if they got them on the "cheap!"

I just don't expect people to giveaway ridiculously expensive games like The Witcher 3 here. I don't think most of us are made of $ here. This is CAG - we want as much as we can get for as little as we can spend.

EDIT:

People on here are very nice with giveaways....usually extra bundled games but it's nice esp when you only want one game from a bundle. I know I've gotten at least 5+ codes....,but I give away a bunch too. It's just liking the community is all.

Also may just go 1 dollar though the Bureau is not a high want at all. Also don't have the Darkness 2 but played the demo for the PS3 and it seemed fun.
THIS!

Agreed.

I've Spoder'd codes for games from giveaways on CAG and/or been given that "one game" in a bundle that I wanted - therefore causing me to skip a bundle, otherwise.

People are nice around these parts - but, we don't have Bill Gates kind of money here to just blow on buying $60 game and just giving them away like it's nothing.

If someone has an extra copy of spec ops the line and they feel like ... uhhh... accidently gifting it to me (lol) that would be awesome! Already have the other games pretty much so can't justify the BTA price this round for myself.

I'll be the first to admit that the main story in Borderlands blew chunks,
wait there was a story in borderlands 1?

Well, if borderlands 1 isn't that great, I hope they include an NBA game then.
borderlands 1 is fine. it's not as good as bl2, but it's definitely worth playing. the gameplay and all is exactly the same as in bl2, so if you played through bl2 and its dlc and are sick of playing through the same missions over and over but want more borderlands...you'll have a whole other game to play.

While playing BL2 I was looking up something from the original game (think it was one of the NPCs I didn't recognize but had an inkling they might be from the first), and found out I'd completely forgotten you were looking for a vault of treasures in BL1. Not kidding either.

Of what I remembered it was looting for better guns, shooting wolf looking creatures (Skags, didn't remember the name though) and shooting Psychos. Oh and remembered Claptrap and Dr. Zed. Granted only got through 6 hours according to Steam so not the best judge I guess, seemed longer then 6 hours though.

While playing BL2 I was looking up something from the original game (think it was one of the NPCs I didn't recognize but had an inkling they might be from the first), and found out I'd completely forgotten you were looking for a vault of treasures in BL1. Not kidding either.

Of what I remembered it was looting for better guns, shooting wolf looking creatures (Skags, didn't remember the name though) and shooting Psychos. Oh and remembered Claptrap and Dr. Zed. Granted only got through 6 hours according to Steam so not the best judge I guess, seemed longer then 6 hours though.
wait you were looking for a vault of treasures? i thought that you were trying to hunt down a giant vagina monster? that's what i remember happening at the end anyway

Giving away copies of The Witcher 3 [customspoiler='here'] in this thread [customspoiler='right here']in 2015 when it hits 5 bucks[/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Giving away copies of The Witcher 3 [customspoiler='here'] in this thread [customspoiler='right here']in 2015 when it hits 5 bucks[/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
I'm calling dibbs on that gift copy. By then I might have finished The Witcher and Witcher 2 ... but I doubt it

See? Greedy mofo =/

I'm going to save this post so when it hits 5 bucks you'll have to give me a copy! ;)

Eh..... I have the other games in the BTA already. Trying to decide if I should increase my payment to the BTA amount or wait for the deluxe to go on sale eventually. Even if it's only a couple cars and suits, my DLC OCD will destroy me.
I feel your pain my friend. It's why I'm really only counting Spec Ops as an incentive to BTA @ ~$5. Hoping BL1 GotY or something else cool will show up, that's not BL2 or XCOM related or Sid Meier related.

If someone has an extra copy of spec ops the line and they feel like ... uhhh... accidently gifting it to me (lol) that would be awesome! Already have the other games pretty much so can't justify the BTA price this round for myself.
Man, this bundle's brought out some begging. Do 2K games make people desperate? :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iEuTuKvdU

I still want THAT game, but I'll take BL1 GOTY instead.
Yeah, too bad Gearbox is a pile of shit and decided to plagiarize someone else's artstyle instead.

Quoted for posterity. I'll eat that rabbit as soon as you give away copies of the Witcher 3 next year. :p

Here's a Desura key for Micy Rolls because some shitty indie game isn't worth the trouble of figuring out Desura:KH0MH-5DC63-QDATC-IDYCC-52D3K Gone

borderlands 1 is fine. it's not as good as bl2, but it's definitely worth playing. the gameplay and all is exactly the same as in bl2, so if you played through bl2 and its dlc and are sick of playing through the same missions over and over but want more borderlands...you'll have a whole other game to play.
is the community still active for BL1 though or everyone has moved on to bl2?

bread's done
Back