Humble Bundle Thread

My guess is the second week bonuses will be some Legacy of Kain games. Maybe the other Battlestations game.

I doubt Squeenix would put Kane & Lynch 1 in there since the game has GFWL and there's no way they'll pay Io to remove that from the game.

My guess is the second week bonuses will be some Legacy of Kain games. Maybe the other Battlestations game.

I doubt Squeenix would put Kane & Lynch 1 in there since the game has GFWL and there's no way they'll pay Io to remove that from the game.
Mortal Kombat Kollection has GFWL and was a bonus in the WB bundle.

I can't fuck ing believe it

Glad I bought Daikatana and anachrawhatever during the sale. In for Ninjas regardless.
fuck, I bought Daikatana during the Summer Sale. Didn't even know it was a Squeenix game.

Aside from that, the only game I have is Thief Gold (which was free), looks like my insanity double-dipping-cheapassness patience paid off.

$15-tier just seems so out of place though, specifically with the first Deus Ex game and Guardian of Light in there.

Funny story, I've had a copy of Sleeping Dogs Complete sitting in my gift inventory for months, waiting for this day (in case of non-separate keys), since it hasn't shown up, I might finally be able to redeem it next week. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only missing The Fall and Battlestations. Unless the BTA somehow ends up around $4 (or the additions are superb), I'll be skipping this.

The BTA and $15 tiers... so so bad.
chris-farley-coffee-crystals-o.gif

Keep in mind Deus Ex: The Fail is a mobile port and crap-tastic.  Invisible War is horrible.  Nosgoth is a F2P PvP shooter in early access.  Midway... who can tell all these WW2 games apart?  Absolution isn't bad but, imo, not worth it -- you're taking a calculated gamble on the bonuses.

You know what's missing here? Square Enix games.

No, seriously - all of this stuff was developed by Western and European devs: Crystal Dynamics, Io interactive, Looking Glass Studios, Ion Storm, Avalanche Interactive, Eidos Montreal, and N-Fusion Interactive. Most of these were published by Eidos.

So Mooby was wrong. This isn't the Humble Square Enix Bundle... but the Humble Eidos Bundle.

Everyone so pumped that it finally arrived, they're not buying in at just the dollar tier to lower the average for everyone else, it appears.

I will also recommend that if you do buy this, put all of your purchase towards Make-A-Wish. They are an outstanding charity that does so much good for children with life-threatening illnesses. I'll be in at the $15 tier once the average starts to leap back up for that reason alone. When that happens, be on the lookout for games since I don't even want/need most of them.
I'll just go ahead and reserve DE:HR DC, then.

:razz:

Kind of wanted the older Dungeon Sieges or The Last Remnant to show up. I guess that F2P pack is a solid consolation prize though.
I really didn't expect them to, but considering that I bought them during the summer sale, I'm also kind of surprised they didn't.

Bonuses prediction:

• Hitman Blood Money and/or Contracts
  • Thief II and/or Deadly Shadows
  • Just Cause
  • Any of the pre-2014 Tomb Raiders
Games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider 2014 would have been in the main bundle, so it's likely going to be older stuff for the bonuses (which is what happened to the 2K bundle too).

Sucks, all I have (and want) from this is Deus Ex, meaning I get to wait another 2 weeks to see if I can finally get my first games bundle in, like, 6 months.

If they were just gonna throw out their Eidos stuff, they could have at least included Startopia. If they are feeling nice, they'll add it next week. If they want to give everyone the finger, they'll add Deathtrap Dungeon.

This bundle is strange. Dollar tier I think is okay, just too bad that Thief Gold was free awhile back, and Mini Ninjas doesn't seem that great. Rest look solid though.

In the BTA tier, you've got Deus Ex:The Fall, a horrible mobile port, Battlestations:Midway , an okay game at best(and one with a sequel to boot), then a pack for the "upcoming free to play" game Nosgoth. This shares space with Hitman Absolution, which is supposed to be pretty good, and Dues Ex:Invisible War, the sequel to Dues Ex, which is in the $15 tier for some reason. 

Speaking of the $15 tier, Just Cuase 2 was $3 on amazon not long ago, Kane and Lynch 2 is terrible, the Lara Croft game doesn't look all that great, and I think has sequels. Deus Ex Complete and Deus Ex Human Revolution don't really seem to justify that much bad to me.

Overall, it looks like Square Enix just went through their back catalogue, picked a bunch, then fired them at random into their tiers. At least with the 2K bundle the Bioshock series was seperated by age, where if you paid more you got mre recent ones, here you pay more for the older titles? 

That said, I might go for BTA next week if bonuses are good enough.

I at least thought I could grab Derpus Ex HR on the cheap since the bandits don't give the Director's cut to people who already owned the original + Missing Link.  RAGE!

Bonuses prediction:

• Hitman Blood Money and/or Contracts
  • Thief II and/or Deadly Shadows
  • Just Cause
  • Any of the pre-2014 Tomb Raiders
Games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider 2014 would have been in the main bundle, so it's likely going to be older stuff for the bonuses (which is what happened to the 2K bundle too).
Tomb Raider: Angel of Derpness

You know what's missing here? Square Enix games.

No, seriously - all of this stuff was developed by Western and European devs: Crystal Dynamics, Io interactive, Looking Glass Studios, Ion Storm, Avalanche Interactive, Eidos Montreal, and N-Fusion Interactive. Most of these were published by Eidos.

So Mooby was wrong. This isn't the Humble Square Enix Bundle... but the Humble Eidos Bundle.
Exactly. Pretty much all the Squeenix items you can buy from the Humble Store (which is the only reason we ever thought a Squeenix bundle could happen) are EIDOS stuff, so this isn't surprising.

Anyways, I hope next week's additions include Thief 2 and Thief 3 and the other Battlestations game, maybe even Just Cause 1 and the other Hitman games. Just anything that isn't Floria's Fruit Farm or Sleeping Dogs. :p

Didn't own a single game in $1 or BTA tier. #TrueCAG

This, young CAGlings, is why you listen to the Golden Calf. Praise Mooby.

:whee:
You mean you didn't get Thief Gold for free? #FakeCAG

In for $1 for now. I only own Thief Gold from that tier. Already have Blood Money from Amazon's Square pack, so now I'll add the other two Hitman games to it.

EDIT: Thanks to Lawyers Guns N Money for the tip about the audio captcha. I used that this time instead of trying to get a readable image.

honestly squeenix bundle would suck for the majority of us no matter what was in it because squeenix basically gives their games away in their standard sales anyway

Exactly. Pretty much all the Squeenix items you can buy from the Humble Store (which is the only reason we ever thought a Squeenix bundle could happen) are EIDOS stuff, so this isn't surprising.

Anyways, I hope next week's additions include Thief 2 and Thief 3 and the other Battlestations game, maybe even Just Cause 1 and the other Hitman games. Just anything that isn't Floria's Fruit Farm or Sleeping Dogs. :p

You mean you didn't get Thief Gold for free? #FakeCAG
Hey, I'm glad to add John Romero's magnum opus to my Steam list. ;)

Never owned that period.

Didn't own most of the Squeenix Bundle on Steam (might've owned it elsewhere) + was nice to get some stuff I never owned period - so it's nice to put a bunch of stuff on Steam. :D

Hey, a real TrueCAG would have picked up Thief Gold for free from Amazon. It's the only thing I have in the first two tiers. :D/
I'm a FakeCag who missed that but fortunately several Thief Gold keys were dumped on Slickdeals a week or so ago and I picked it up there. Now I know why he had so many.

I think what everyone should really celebrate is getting to experience John Romero's magnum opus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8YThhaAxg

(I posted that video seven years ago. Good lord.)

bread's done
Back