Humble Bundle Thread

Also: Kill the Bad Guy is awful. Frustrating controls, confusing level requirements, and music that is so repetitive that you will shut it off after 15 minutes, if you're still playing. It might be the least satisfying game I have ever played, and for a game that revolves around creating satisfying death scenarios, that is a major bummer.

Only buy that if you're a YouTube celebrity.

$1 tier ... I have none of them
tumblr_mv3neqNERA1rlvqceo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Legends of Persia is supposed to be horrifically bad plus if you really must try out the trainwreck you can always buy it plus a bunch of other games in the Groupees bundle from your friendly neighborhood Italian seller for 99 cents.

What the hell is this about anyway? I was thinking about getting the bottom tier of this Transformers bundle but they're deliberately leaving out issues just because Hasbro got its knickers in a twist about something? That's like the Walking Dead bundle where they offered you volume 1-4 and 21-30 (or whatever). Why even bother?
#3 is missing because Spider-Man guest starred. It was a Marvel comic when first published. IDW can't print anything with Spider-man.

Also: Kill the Bad Guy is awful. Frustrating controls, confusing level requirements, and music that is so repetitive that you will shut it off after 15 minutes, if you're still playing. It might be the least satisfying game I have ever played, and for a game that revolves around creating satisfying death scenarios, that is a major bummer.

Only buy that if you're a YouTube celebrity.
according to enhanced Steam, it got a pretty good "thumb up" ratio.. almost 90% of the review were positive last i checked.

I looked at some videos too.. doesn't seem too bad, esp. the one below
http://youtu.be/3oZfNSq2HR4?t=5m21s

#3 is missing because Spider-Man guest starred. It was a Marvel comic when first published. IDW can't print anything with Spider-man.
Well, I figured there was some legal shenanigan behind it, but what the hell was Spider-Man doing with the Transformers anyway? Did Stan Lee have a really good doobie that day and decide, why not get your chocolate in my peanut butter?!

This doesn't explain the missing # 9 unless this was the blowout spectacular annual issue where Wolverine, X-Force, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and the Guardians of the Galaxy team up with the Autobots to take down Megatron once and for all.

F*&# it, I'll just skip this one and wait for the Buffy and The Shadow comics bundles!

It looks like a Looney-Tunes-style murder simulator.

...which honestly is kind of what I'm expecting Saints Row 5 to be at this point.
Isn't that what the entire Saints Row series is already?

This doesn't explain the missing # 9 unless this was the blowout spectacular annual issue where Wolverine, X-Force, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and the Guardians of the Galaxy team up with the Autobots to take down Megatron once and for all.
#9 featured a new character named Circuit Breaker which Marvel used in some other comics, thus making it one of theirs. She also shows up in a handful of issues in the later range which is not (yet) included in this bundle (51-80) so if those do show up they will have gaps too. I'm actually not sure if any of the later issues have been reprinted by this new company or not.

edit: OK, this is getting a bit confusing. According to IDW's web site the newer version of these collections, which use the cover art shows on HB, do contain these missing issues. So is HB's statement that they are missing actually true? Has anyone here purchased this and can confirm if they are missing or not?

New Humble Store Daily Deal:

Other Humble Store sales:

Paradox Weekend Promo:

#9 featured a new character named Circuit Breaker which Marvel used in some other comics, thus making it one of theirs. She also shows up in a handful of issues in the later range which is not (yet) included in this bundle (51-80) so if those do show up they will have gaps too. I'm actually not sure if any of the later issues have been reprinted by this new company or not.

edit: OK, this is getting a bit confusing. According to IDW's web site the newer version of these collections, which use the cover art shows on HB, do contain these missing issues. So is HB's statement that they are missing actually true? Has anyone here purchased this and can confirm if they are missing or not?
Transformers #3 is included and does feature Spider-man in the black costume. #9 with the Circuit Breaker character is included as well.

Any idea whether #9 is in there? Is this just a complete goof-up on Humble's part?
Yeah, both #3 & #9 are there despite what the disclaimer says on the bundle page.

EDIT: I only downloaded the .CBZ file. I assume that it's the same along all the formats. but I can't personally confirm that.

Yeah, both #3 & #9 are there despite what the disclaimer says on the bundle page.

EDIT: I only downloaded the .CBZ file. I assume that it's the same along all the formats. but I can't personally confirm that.
It looks like they are only in the .CBZ file, the other formats don't have these 2 issues. Note that the MOBI format one is missing and instead you get a different vol 1 .CBZ which doesn't have these. So in other words, make sure you get the one with them now before it goes away as it may be a mistake.

I use Moon Reader+. It works with cbr/z, epub, mobi, pdf, etc.

Also, you can just change the extension from cbr to rar and cbz to zip respectively and view them as folders.

bread's done
Back