Humble Bundle Thread

Ask not what your Steam Backlog can do for you -- ask what you can can do for your Steam Backlog.
At an alarming rate, I seem to be adding to my Steam BackLog.

At an alarming rate, I never seem to be doing much for completing my Steam BackLog.

I seem to add a bunch of games, before I even finish w/ one!

I'll never complete my Steam BackLog.

At an alarming rate, I seem to be adding to my Steam BackLog.

At an alarming rate, I never seem to be doing much for completing my Steam BackLog.

I seem to add a bunch of games, before I even finish w/ one!

I'll never complete my Steam BackLog.
In Capitalist Amerika, Steam Backlog finishes you!

To break up the Insurgency posts, going through my Humble Unused Keys.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising Origin Code: 3ZDD-U2B7-LA2B-LQET-J6SX

It raining Insurgencies everywhere!
370px-Counter_Insurgency_Operations%2C_US_Army_Report%2C.jpg

To break up the Insurgency posts, going through my Humble Unused Keys.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising Origin Code: 3ZDD-U2B7-LA2B-LQET-J6SX

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so anyone please tell me when was GRID 2 free? I'm worried I got it but never activated it.. Also, is Saints Row 4 worth going up to the $12 tier?

New Humble Bundle - Jumbo Bundle 3:

• Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
  • Always Sometimes Monsters
  • Insurgency 4 Pack
  • Full Mojo Rampage (Share Insurgency Gift)
Beat the Average for:
  • GRID 2
  • Blackguards
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
Pay $12 or more for:
  • Saints Row IV
Pretty fantastic. I had none of these games and I've been eyeballing Tesla Effect and Blackguards since they were being kickstarted. Blackguards is on my 23-item wishlist. I was also waiting for Always Sometimes Monsters to turn up in a bundle I actually wanted, so score! I BTA'd in at $5.73 (didn't get to check this one until about an hour ago), so now I'm wondering whether it's worth ponying up the extra $6 for Saints Row IV. Has SR 4 been cheaper than this before? My Enhanced Steam cheap-o-vision is telling me that the cheapest it's been is $6.79 at GameStop. Should I pull the trigger on this or wait, given that I haven't touched SRTT yet?

Oh, also, this: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=72y8bfndsReRmaDW

Pretty fantastic. I had none of these games and I've been eyeballing Tesla Effect and Blackguards since they were being kickstarted. Blackguards is on my 23-item wishlist. I was also waiting for Always Sometimes Monsters to turn up in a bundle I actually wanted, so score! I BTA'd in at $5.73 (didn't get to check this one until about an hour ago), so now I'm wondering whether it's worth ponying up the extra $6 for Saints Row IV. Has SR 4 been cheaper than this before? My Enhanced Steam cheap-o-vision is telling me that the cheapest it's been is $6.79 at GameStop. Should I pull the trigger on this or wait, given that I haven't touched SRTT yet?

Oh, also, this: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=72y8bfndsReRmaDW
If you haven't touched SR3 yet, I'd wait. SR4 will hit 5 bucks soon enough.

If you haven't touched SR3 yet, I'd wait. SR4 will hit 5 bucks soon enough.
That was all the convincing I needed. I have a feeling SR 4 will be pretty great, but given that I do have SRTT in the old backlog, I can wait a bit longer for 4.

I've been playing PlayStation games lately, and I can't seem to stop. I recently finished Blood Stone, and I'm about to start The Last of Us. For some reason, I feel burned out on PC games or maybe it's what I'm playing. After my 50+ hours in Two Worlds II, I've put less than an hour into Pirates of the Flying Fortress. I've spent about three hours on The Cat Lady, which I've been taking more or less a chapter at a time because it's SO depressing. And Zoo Park is one of those things you can play while doing other things because you vacillate between periods of actually building out your zoo full of tiny animal sprites, which is mildly interesting but nowhere near as entertaining as an actual Zoo Tycoon game, and periods of just running the simulation at maximum fast-forward, occasionally pausing to cure sick animals, so you can get more money from the rubes to build out your zoo some more.

That was all the convincing I needed. I have a feeling SR 4 will be pretty great, but given that I do have SRTT in the old backlog, I can wait a bit longer for 4.

I've been playing PlayStation games lately, and I can't seem to stop. I recently finished Blood Stone, and I'm about to start The Last of Us. For some reason, I feel burned out on PC games or maybe it's what I'm playing. After my 50+ hours in Two Worlds II, I've put less than an hour into Pirates of the Flying Fortress. I've spent about three hours on The Cat Lady, which I've been taking more or less a chapter at a time because it's SO depressing. And Zoo Park is one of those things you can play while doing other things because you vacillate between periods of actually building out your zoo full of tiny animal sprites, which is mildly interesting but nowhere near as entertaining as an actual Zoo Tycoon game, and periods of just running the simulation at maximum fast-forward, occasionally pausing to cure sick animals, so you can get more money from the rubes to build out your zoo some more.
I rotate games in from my consoles a lot...typically playing two or three PC games per console game, as my PC backlog is much larger than console. What'd you think of Two Worlds 2? A lot of people seem to bash it, but I've been thinking of trying it sooner or later. Probably more soon than later, as Borderlands 2 finally seems to be growing a bit stale on me.

I rotate games in from my consoles a lot...typically playing two or three PC games per console game, as my PC backlog is much larger than console. What'd you think of Two Worlds 2? A lot of people seem to bash it, but I've been thinking of trying it sooner or later. Probably more soon than later, as Borderlands 2 finally seems to be growing a bit stale on me.
It's not as great, IMO, as people seem to think it is, but it improves on the original in most ways and so I can see why it receives such relatively-high praise; it's so different from the original that it almost feels like it was made by a different company. One of the big areas where it's improved is stability: I had maybe one or two CTDs over the course of my entire playthrough, whereas Two Worlds required all kinds of shenanigans (and sometimes blood sacrifices) to get it to run properly. The overall story is, again, a bit generic, but the details make it compelling enough. Magic can be very powerful but very confusing; spells are created by combining effect and modifier cards of several varieties and you need to invest points in several skill trees to create the most powerful spells. Archery builds are okay--this is what I used, and occasionally, you'll find yourself in situations where kiting is not really a very good option due to space restrictions but it's sort-of the only option open to you. The game seems a bit biased toward melee builds, but that's mostly going from what I've read. The one area that some people will say is an improvement and I say is a lame design choice is that TW2 abandoned the fun and easy "upgrade-by-dropping-similar-things-on-top-of-one-another" method of crafting for the more sophisticated types of crafting systems you see in games like Skyrim, where you need to invest skill points in several crafting skills and items can be upgraded using a variety of gems, which can themselves be upgraded. The end of the story seems abrupt and a bit weird, but the quests are mostly interesting and combat is decent. I guess you could think of this as a Skyrim-lite in a similar fashion to the first game being a kind of Euro-Oblivion knockoff, although, unlike in Skyrim, this game is strictly a solo affair and you won't have any companions that join you for more than a couple of quests at the most (some people will like this and some won't--personally I felt that the companions in Skyrim, like NPCs in more traditional RPGs, provided a lot of background and flavor).

I was tempted at $6, but I'd bet the GOTC edition will be $7.50 before too long.

When you've waited this long, you might as well get all the DLC.
That's another reason I held out. Would rather get the GOTC edition so I don't have to buy the dlc at an increased price separately.

[quote name="Mooby" post="12232767" timestamp="1415767326"]You're going to want about a year's break in between SR3 and 4, anyway. Games are extremely similar.[/quote]
I've played SR4 through a steam free weekend. I found the game mechanics VERY different. The engine is the same, but the gameplay is not. SR4 is a better game IMHO, But I'll wait for the complete version to have a good sale

Since a CAG gave me Risk of Rain PM me for a copy. I have 2. They expire Nov. 25th.

Also have one Insurgency PM for a copy only if you are going to redeem.

I've played SR4 through a steam free weekend. I found the game mechanics VERY different. The engine is the same, but the gameplay is not. SR4 is a better game IMHO, But I'll wait for the complete version to have a good sale
Well, they added the super powers which were different. They also added stupid minigames which were different but not in a good way (unless you play Saints Row for its hot platforming and pipe puzzle action). I didn't find them to be all that different though and, where they differed significantly, I preferred SRTT. But then I like driving fast cars madly around the city and shooting bang-bang guns more than super jumping and powering up mah laz0rz so individual preference would vary.

But SRIV wasn't a bad game by any means. Overall I had a lot of fun with it. I thought SRTT was superior though.

New Humble Books Bundle - Scholastic Audiobook Bundle:

• The Hunger Games
  • Spirit Animals Book 1: Wild Born
  • Infinity Ring Book 1: A Mutiny in Time
  • Goosebumps Horrorland #1: Revenge of the Living Dummy
Beat the Average for:

• Catching Fire
  • The Raven Boys: Book 1 of the Raven Cycle
  • The 39 Clues Book One: The Maze of Bones
  • War Horse
Pay $15 or more for:

• Mockingjay

You people are crazy, I love audio books. I can listen to them when I'm driving or playing games. I only wish the books would tie into my audible account.

I've never had too much success with multi-tasking and listening to audio-books/watching movies because I'd end up missing a lot of stuff and having to rewind over and over to remember what the hell is going on. At which point I'd rather just sit down and give the book/movie my full undivided attention.

I like them sometimes for my commute (hour each way) but the down side is that a 22 hour book is like two solid weeks of listening and it's a little hard to stay dedicated like that.

bread's done
Back