Humble Bundle Thread

If this actually happens, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I still have an Elderp Scrolls Anthology Steam key to sell.

EDIT:
In consideration of Mooby's post above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bethesda bundle prediction:

$1 tier

Wolfenstein 3D

Quake II

Final Doom

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

$8 tier

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

$15 tier

Morrowind GOTY

Oblivion GOTY

Rage

Quake IV

$30 tier

Fallout 3 (base)

Doom 3 (not BFG)

Rogue Warrior

$50 tier

Brink (base)

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Fallout: New Vegas (base)

$75 tier

Skyrim (base)

Dishonored (base)

$150 tier

Wolfenstein: The New Order

The Elder Scrolls Online

$200 tier

The Evil Within

Bethesda t-shirt

Actually it makes sense.

I've complained about publishers putting base games in Humbles in hopes of getting more money through DLC sales. And well, Bethesda is a perfect example of a publisher that's all about that...
Humble Bethesderp Bundle incoming. But where's Brink?!!
DLC necessary to fully enjoy Fallout series and Elder Scroll series?

Bethesda bundle prediction:

$1 tier

Wolfenstein 3D

Quake II

Final Doom

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

$8 tier

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

$15 tier

Morrowind GOTY

Oblivion GOTY

Rage

Quake IV

$30 tier

Fallout 3 (base)

Doom 3 (not BFG)

Rogue Warrior

$50 tier

Brink (base)

Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Fallout: New Vegas (base)

$75 tier

Skyrim (base)

Dishonored (base)

$150 tier

Wolfenstein: The New Order

The Elder Scrolls Online

$200 tier

The Evil Within

Bethesda t-shirt
you are being extremely generous and you forgot the Horse Armor DLC :D/

Bethesda Bundle eh?

ri5ffCS.png

Holy shit that was expensive...

You can forget about the Wolfenstein games showing up on a Humble, unless they want to piss people off since Germany can't handle those games.

You can forget about the Wolfenstein games showing up on a Humble, unless they want to piss people off since Germany can't handle those games.
They can replace Wolfenstein with something else for Germany. They've done it before with Typing of the Dead IIRC (replaced with Sonic Racing Transformed).

They can replace Wolfenstein with something else for Germany. They've done it before with Typing of the Dead IIRC (replaced with Sonic Racing Transformed).
Can't go wrong w/ the best RPG of all times!

EDIT:

Well. I was not expecting this to happen. EVER.

https://twitter.com/humble/status/561313798716276736
Rogue Warrior probably will be in the Zenimax Bundle $1 tier.

Good way to make DJ Mickey Rourke proud!

[quote name="MysterD" post="12459506" timestamp="1422734347"]
EDIT:
Rogue Warrior probably will be in the Zenimax Bundle $1 tier.
Good way to make DJ Mickey Rourke proud![/quote]

Finished Rogue Warrior just last week. Mickey/Marchenko rocked the hizzy. Stabinatin' people in the crotch, yo! Short game but fun for what it was.

Cartoon Network Mobile Bundle

Pay What You Want
  • Regular Show: Best Park in the Universe
  • Regular Show: Ghost Toasters
  • Regular Show: Ride 'Em Rigby
  • Adventure Time: Treasure Fetch
Beat the Average
  • Regular Show: The Great Prank War
  • Adventure Time: Jumping Finn Turbo
  • CN Superstar Soccer
  • Ski Safari: Adventure Time
  • More in Week 2
$8 or more
  • Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake
  • Adventure Time: Time Tangle
  • The Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville

The Powerpuff Girls and Monsters ate my Cake games are on Steam, why no Steam key. ;_;
It's a Mobile bundle. For the most part they've done a good job keeping these strictly mobile and not trying to entice PC gamers with Steam keys. I see two good reasons for doing so. One, they have a clear picture of what mobile buyers do and don't want, and what they will and won't pay. Two, they have a chance to do a later bundle with some of these games as Steam keys and possibly get double purchases.

I don't think I've played too many CN games.  If this was an adult swim bundle I'd be all over it though.  That CN soccer game might be cool but I'll just pick it up with Amazon Coins.  

Does anyone know how bad the IAP are on the mobile games?  I was really put off by Card Wars having an energy mechanic in a full-price game.

Cartoon Network Mobile Bundle

Pay What You Want
  • weird bundle
I guess I'm going to lose all my hipster cred with this statement, but the only one of these shows I've ever seen is the PowerPuff Girls, and it wasn't that great. Not that I would ever expect much from a mobile bundle, but. . . why not some Robot Chicken or Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast, or The Brak Show or Moral Orel games? That s*?@ would make some money!

Huh, all this time I thought it was actually [customspoiler=this.]
[/customspoiler]
As The Power Station once declared, Some like it H.O.T.

So I've been mulling the card bundle for a while. I played a little Magic on my iPad mini to get a feel for the rules and whether I would like it. I've also played a little Hearthstone. I've been reading some Magic 2015 reviews. Despite the comments from some of the more experienced CCG hands on the forum, this bundle pretty much boils down to Magic for me, because, honestly, I'm never going to invest a lot of time in a browser-based game let along a DRM-free download card game. My conclusion based on my personal albeit brief experiences with the tablet versions of these games is that Hearthstone is more visually interesting, has more personality, and is easier to understand than Magic. The reviews I've read of the 2015 iteration berate it for dropping features found in the 2013-14 versions and also for locking the deck-building functions behind paywalls or serious grinds. They also appear to agree with my assessment that there isn't much of a reason to prefer Magic over Hearthstone.

So I guess I'll stick with Hearthstone and hope Humble has something non-Moobyish on the horizon for today.

Magic 2015 is a bit boring IMHO. I like how the cards unlock as boosters in different planes and when you get cards you can see what plane they came from and "adventure" there to battle random foes and get more boosters. The theme this year seems to be dual colored decks. I have about 3-4 decks built to match different things, which you'll learn about if you're new to magic. Basically green has big monsters and buffing spells as well as a few tricks, red is usually quicker with damaging spells, small fast creatures and big dragons and monsters for late game. Blue is mainly about controlling the tempo with ways to throw creatures and spells into hands and into the graveyard while building up some harder to block flying forces. White mainly has smaller guys to start with decent abilities and lots of controlling ways and builds up to bigger creatures with good abilities that are usually flying as well. Black is kind of a mish mash of everything with some bigger creatures with drawbacks, small guys, flying creatures, but they also have death and weakining spells that are their specialty. It's not that hard really but I recommend having different decks for different challenges along the way. I started with the blue/white control type deck, but that deck had a hard time versus really quick decks, so I made two red decks with green and black to balance things out. It's fun and all but not very long and a bit hard for newer players to get into. I don't quite see the paywalls but I also don't have to play with 4 of the best cards. It's a very decent play a few matches and leave it for a bit type of game. My 2 cents of course.....been playing Magic since 1994 or so...not competitively just with friends and I've done Friday Night Magic and booster drafts of new sets on releases. It's fun just a money sink and you get to play this money sink for cheap to start in this bundle. I'm a bit tired of the game but I've played the last 2-3 releases so it becomes samey. This one is missing modes like challenges and planechase and such....so that's not as cool but being able to build your decks from any cards in game is fun.

I also feel Hearthstone is a simpler Magic type game....it's fun but I got bored quick with the original cards. I know there is a lot more now...but I really don't feel like grinding or paying for a boost for that at the moment. Still  a fun game of course.

It's fun and all but not very long and a bit hard for newer players to get into. I don't quite see the paywalls but I also don't have to play with 4 of the best cards.
Great post.

What I meant by "paywalls" probably wasn't very clear. There appeared to be a consensus among many of the Metacritic professional reviewers that while the custom decks were a welcome (and long overdue) addition to the featureset for 2015, the fact that the game forced you to use whatever deck you used to beat the tutorial boss throughout the campaign and that it was hard to build up a decent number of cards to use in the deck builder without playing a lot of Explore matches diminished its value somewhat. Of course you could always just pay a few bucks for a premium deck to instantly add cards to your inventory.

It is though, the reason its so immensely popular is because the rules and gameplay have been dumbed down so much even a baby could understand it. Add in the cutesy Blizzard artwork and the fact that you have to buy booster pack with real money if you want to play competitively (or get above level 20) and you got the classic Blizzard cash-cow. I'm not saying any of those are necessarily bad per say, (well, except the pay2win) but let's not kid ourselves and pretend Hearthstone is something that its not.

It is though, the reason its so immensely popular is because the rules and gameplay have been dumbed down so much even a baby could understand it. Add in the cutesy Blizzard artwork and the fact that you have to buy booster pack with real money if you want to play competitively (or get above level 20) and you got the classic Blizzard cash-cow. I'm not saying any of those are necessarily bad per say, (well, except the pay2win) but let's not kid ourselves and pretend Hearthstone is something that its not.
As I said earlier, my personal experience with this whole genre is pretty limited, but from what I've read it is possible to get plenty of cards in Hearthstone just by accumulating and spending in-game money. While I have no doubt that Blizzard wants people to buy cards with real money--and people will spend real money on any game that has a real money store--it seems as though you don't necessarily need to do so to get your no-money's worth.

As I said earlier, my personal experience with this whole genre is pretty limited, but from what I've read it is possible to get plenty of cards in Hearthstone just by accumulating and spending in-game money. While I have no doubt that Blizzard wants people to buy cards with real money--and people will spend real money on any game that has a real money store--it seems as though you don't necessarily need to do so to get your no-money's worth.
And as I said earlier, yes, you can get cards and play just fine if you're a casual and never plan on getting above level 20. At about that point you start getting matched up against players who have obviously bought boosters and have access to way more cards than you. Its the same with the other browser based CCGs in this bundle; yeah, you can play with the "basic deck" and just play casually but the fact that people can pay real money to circumvent the grind means its pay2win.

New Humble Bundle - Star Wars:

• Knights of the Old Republic
  • Jedi Academy
  • Dark Forces
Beat the Average for:

• Battlefront II
  • Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
  • Republic Commando
Pay $12 or more for:

• Empire at War: Gold Pack
  • The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
  • The Force Unleashed II