Humble Bundle Thread

was my frogs comment crossing the line?

im french canadian which is pretty much the lowest of the low....but apparently hating your heritage isn't ok
The French are our friends and gave us the statue of Liberty and fries. We should be kind to them.

And yes, I am no longer allowed to talk about pizza pasta cannoli eaters like Indie Gala, Winter Wolves and Borderland.

Let's practice tolerance. Sharing is caring.

The French are our friends and gave us the statue of Liberty and fries. We should be kind to them.

And yes, I am no longer allowed to talk about pizza pasta cannoli eaters like Indie Gala, Winter Wolves and Borderland.

French Toast is awesome. Am I doing it right?

French Toast is awesome. Am I doing it right?
Ahem, Freedom Toast.

freedom-fries-thumbnail.jpg

If anyone buys it and wants the French Influent DLC...I mistakenly picked the frog language and need Brazilian Portuguese...

send me a PM and we can trade..or ill swallow your soul
Looking to navigate Nuuvem with ease, eh? You sly dog. CAGs will learn another language to save $5.

Each Influence DLC is a Unity package containing around 500 words. DRM-free versions are the same as what Steam installs. Only downside is that they won't get updated by Steam if you add the DRM-free versions.

But I hate caring. I've lived my life with a furiously apathetic outlook.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wanted Startopia from the Squeenix bundle, I'd be willing to trade for Ascendant from IGS (it's $1). Just a heads-up.

I take it that it didn't drop under $3 (or even under $4)?

Also a big "wat?" at it being a single language pack....

I take it that it didn't drop under $3 (or even under $4)?

Also a big "wat?" at it being a single language pack....
Yeah, you pick one with each purchase. But you can penny-in to get the DRM-free installer and install that language pack to the Steam directory.

I played Influent for about an hour earlier tonight. You're tasked with clicking on objects to hear what they are in the language you're currently playing in, then pressing space to save them to your list; you can then study the list and take quizzes to get stars to unlock other parts of speech. Finding all of the objects is really hard; I found only about half of the words I assume are in there (270/500). But I also didn't try unlocking all the adjectives and verbs, either. All languages are taught in the same four-room apartment with the same objects.

It's boring when regarded as a game and too scattered when regarded as a learning tool. If you are using it as a learning aid in conjunction with another, more useful program that teaches pronouns and how to converse instead of the Latin word for "video game console," then it's not bad for $1. (or $1.13 if you pay $1 for the Steam key for the base game and one DLC then penny-in for each subsequent language pack...)

Only after the Egyptians rejected it because the base was not included and they didn't want to pay for it

Anyone played that SRPG Rime Berta? Looks kinda fun. FFT-ish. Not sure if its worth kicking up to the $10 level though

If anyone wanted Startopia from the Squeenix bundle, I'd be willing to trade for Ascendant from IGS (it's $1). Just a heads-up.
wtf is your avatar? Looks like a stuffed animal with boobs?

Is that your YouTube channel, Mooby?
No but if I had one it would be very similar. I wanted to post his 'review' of Sakura (?) Spirit which is EXACTLY how I feel about games like that but the thumbnail was a bit too risque for CAG. Feel free to access it via his videos menu.

Well, I'll just put it under a spoiler tag and mods can feel free to remove it if it's objectionable.

But, yeah, saw another anime Humble weekly and went into a rage.

Edit: I'll just do the time link to his rant which doesn't embed the video.

No new Mobile Bundle until three weeks from now.

No new main page Humble Bundle until two weeks from now (after the Squeenix bundle ends, anyway.)

It's Groupees' time to shine!

This is an outrage.

I am OUTRAGED!!!

If I bluster on with indignation, perhaps no one will notice that I basically did the prognostication equivalent of a belly flop off the high-dive board.

The Humble Card Game bundle ended four weeks ago.  That means that you have until Thursday to increase your bundle purchase amount.  I spent some time today playing Dominion on playdominion.com.  In short, it's solid.  The user interface is clean and easy to understand; I was able to jump right in with no need to read any instructions.  I have played Dominion before, so from the point of view of someone who already knows the game, playdominion.com is intuitive and feels natural.  I did need to turn off the music.  If you haven't played the game it looks like there is some teaching aspects, but I can't really comment on them.  I only played against computer opponents, I haven't tried playing multiplayer.  The AI was competent.  By that I mean I lost some games, and I can't just pin that on being unlucky.

I liked it enough that I'm leaning towards increasing my bundle purchase to get the Dominion expansions.  Any questions?

I was actually thinking about upping my purchase price too but then discovered that I gilbyed that bundle.  I thought I at least put in a penny to hold my spot for further consideration.

I may go to the higher tier...I had a relatively low BTA around 7ish. What is the higher tier price again?
$12. The BTA has a single expansion (which costs $7 on the store). The top tier adds two more expansions (both at $7 as well.) The expansions are available in a super pack on the site. You save a whole $2 by buying everything together. The Humble Bundle is a much better savings.

bread's done
Back