Humble Bundle Thread

Any guesses as to what the weekly Meh Bundle is going to be?  Hopefully its higher quality then the last few weeklies. Besides the main bundles the rest have seem to be alot lower quality compared to the older humble bundles. Not quite indie royale or groupees but humble is certainly trying to catch up.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Surprise Attack:

• Oscura: Lost Light
  • Metrocide
  • OTTTD
Pay $6 or more for:

• A Druid's Duel
  • Particulars
  • Robocraft Pack (Early Access)
Pay $12 or more for:

• Vertiginous Golf
  • Screencheat 2-pack

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's an awesome $1 tier.

*checks OTTTD's page*

Wait you can buy a deluxe edition with extra in-game money? Is this thing F2P?

tempted to go full blown mainly for vertiginous, druids looks interesting, unsure on screen cheat though even though it seems highly rated

In for $1 for sure.

I sorta want to $12 it for charity, but they're really not incentivizing me well... if only the 2-pack was the minigolf game...

Dat DLC....

Buy Vertiginous Golf - Gold Pack - $25

You will receive the following additional items:
- Exclusive avatar clothing (1 gold hat, leather top,leather trousers/skirt and fancy boots)
- Exclusive humming bird
- Exclusive clubs (1 putter and chipper)
- 3 exclusive gold surfaces in the Course Creator
- Exclusive gold metal in Course Creator
- 2 gold statues in Course Creator

header.jpg

Well that's an awesome $1 tier.

*checks OTTTD's page*

Wait you can buy a deluxe edition with extra in-game money? Is this thing F2P?
Yeah.. that's kind of shitty. No upgrade DLCs available either, of course. Frustrating.

Anyways, $1-tier is pretty solid, pretty sure none of these have been bundled before. Way better than the bundle over at BundleStars (though I wish Zombie Tycoon was in the $1-tier here).

$6-tier is weaker because it includes a rebundled game (Particulars) and also a DLC pack for a F2P game (Robocraft), with A Druid's Duel being the main attraction. $12-tier would have been much better with a 4-pack for Screencheat, but the golf game hasn't gone very low, so I guess that's most of the value.

I appreciate the break from F5ing this week, but the strong $1-tier compared to the weaker $6-tier is probably why a BTA wasn't implemented. Maybe Humble's getting smarter about that (considering the incredibly low BTAs from the past few weeks), so we should expect more fixed tiers in the future again.

Dat DLC....

Buy Vertiginous Golf - Gold Pack - $25

You will receive the following additional items:
- Exclusive avatar clothing (1 gold hat, leather top,leather trousers/skirt and fancy boots)
- Exclusive humming bird
- Exclusive clubs (1 putter and chipper)
- 3 exclusive gold surfaces in the Course Creator
- Exclusive gold metal in Course Creator
- 2 gold statues in Course Creator

header.jpg
Wow. Surprise Attack is really terrible about DLC, it seems.

This was an error on their part. It sounds like the $25 dollar price was supposed to be for a pack that included both the game and the DLC. From the forum:

This is a mistake, I'll try get to the bottom of it. Sorry about this.

The $20 DLC is not what we intended at all, we are waiting for Steam to fix this.

The DLC wasn't intended to be free to EA buyers however we are working on something that will allow us to reward our EA buyers for your support.

I haven't heard of any of these games...are they good at all
Particulars was bundled previously, and I have played through some of it. The gameplay is solid; it's kind of a mesh of actiony and puzzly. The story isn't bad. The voice acting is a bit clumsy.

This Surprise Attack Consulting company has two bundles running at the same time. This Humble, and a Bundlestars.

And all they do is "PR". Wonder what they're getting from these two bundles.

Grabbed Vertiginous Golf in the Winter sale.  Controls felt wonky compared to every other golf game I have played.  Physics were bizarre, but that's probably a feature of the goofy holes.  Looked neat, but wasn't much fun to play.  I lasted 36 minutes before bequeathing it to the neverending backlog.

...that's probably a feature of the goofy holes. Looked neat, but wasn't much fun to play. I lasted 36 minutes before bequeathing...
There's a joke in here somewhere.

Or maybe I'm just mentally damaged.

Maybe both?

Grabbed Vertiginous Golf in the Winter sale. Controls felt wonky compared to every other golf game I have played. Physics were bizarre, but that's probably a feature of the goofy holes. Looked neat, but wasn't much fun to play. I lasted 36 minutes before bequeathing it to the neverending backlog.
Thanks for chiming in about it!

I hate you Tremor users. I only get ads that ask me for my cell phone number so the surveys can auto-charge a fee after the trials.
I get those and ones that ask for a credit card. Oh, and ones that sound like the US ones, but have a lower coin count and never actually credit me those coins.

Screencheat is all kinds of awesome.

A little janky/buggy, and the online player base is waaay too small, but the game mechanics are great and the developers are actively tweaking and bug fixing it--they are pretty responsive to player feedback. It makes great couch multiplayer as well as online, and they just added a single player time trials mode.

Its like the the goofier play of TimeSplitters Future Perfect's online community back when people would make up their own game modes while playing.

Screencheat really needs to be in more bundles.

Damn that's a good price on Renegade Ops... it used to be that redeeming a key from anywhere but steam for the base game got you all the DLC.  I suspect that's still true.

Edit: According to Bobby that wasn't the case for him from humble, but his was bundle, not store.

Edit2: Definitely not true for the Humble Store keys, confirmed by Ltrain23.

Damn that's a good price on Renegade Ops... it used to be that redeeming a key from anywhere but steam for the base game got you all the DLC. I suspect that's still true.
Humble might be the exception. I got the game in their Humble Weekly and it did not come with the DLC. But then again, two other games in the bundle had free included DLC issues (Typing of the Dead and Medieval 2).

Bought Renegade Ops, and Steam doesn't show any DLC as owned. Bought it on Mac, so I won't be able to install and run until later to see if that'll change anything, but I doubt it.

Bought Renegade Ops, and Steam doesn't show any DLC as owned. Bought it on Mac, so I won't be able to install and run to see if that'll change anything, but I doubt it.
Thanks for being the guinea pig. Sorry to hear.

... and all are Sega games. Coincidence?
Clearly.

But in all seriousness, having the free Football Manager DLC be missing because I got Typing of the Dead in that Humble was frustrating seeing as you can't get it directly from the store. Of less importance, is the fact that getting Medieval 2 in that specific bundle also deprived you a free DLC in Spiral Knights (also unavailable in the store). Sega is really terrible at making their freebie DLC consistent. I got those two games sorted, but there's yet another freebie DLC I'm missing because I got the Gold version of Total War Shogun 2.

Thanks for being the guinea pig. Sorry to hear.
I already had TotD:O and Binary Domain (the latter from PS+), and Renegade Ops almost made me BTA from that Sega bundle on its own. This price was going to make me bite anyway, but those extra characters and missions would've been nice.

I think Amazon keys all redeemed for the full game. The same thing happened to Supreme Commander redeeming for SC: Gold. Is it ineptitude on the behalf of Amazon or a feature -- you decide!

bread's done
Back