Pay $6 for the above and:
  • Qvadriga
  • Hell
Pay $10 or more for all of the above and:
  • Close Combat: Gateway to Caen

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip.
ToMjGpMhVjTvjX5nLs4.gif

I don't know what this shit is, but I'm buying it at 33 cents per game. You're welcome when it gets rebundled.

yea they are a smaller publisher and basically only doing strategy games. The thing on slitherine is that usually at most they do 50% off sales and usually not that often. So if you have an interest in strategy this is probably the cheapest you'll ever get them
They're the jerk publisher that got into some controversy a few years ago with paradox after they took over the rights of some game due to buying over the developer (Pride of nation from AGEOD i think it was) and then immediately priced it at double the price on their own site and ordered take-downs on other 3rd party sellers selling it a fodder prices coz it was a buggy pos disaster.

In fact, their modus operandi seemed to be buying over established devs in what was already a very niche market (the more hardcore strategy/wargames) and making these games even more niche by pricing it ridiculously (think 10-20 years old games at AAA prices) I think they famously explained that they priced their then-flagship game at like $120+ to "make people value it more coz they paid more for it like a gucci/LV bag" or something along those lines :wall:

I feel sad whenever I look at their catalog and see the remnants of fairly well known names/series in the genre (i.e. Gary Grisby) from 10-20 years ago that haven't moved on from those times and still look like games from the 90s (and priced that way! i.e. boxed set prices).

Them getting some of their titles on humble now must mean they're rethinking that strategy and/or need a cash injection.. but then again, these are probably their fodder ones and not worth your time... but yeah, I blame matrixgames/Slitherine for killing off the wargaming genre.

Them getting some of their titles on humble now must mean they're rethinking that strategy and/or need a cash injection.. but then again, these are probably their fodder ones and not worth your time... but yeah, I blame matrixgames/Slitherine for killing off the wargaming genre.
So you're saying I should adjust my sliders if I grab this one?

I'm surprised everyone here thinks its crap. None of these games have been bundled before, and Slitherine only recently got into the bundle scene.

More importantly, Slitherine did the software for the Deadliest Warrior comparisons so you know every simulation game will end with two guys left, one using a katana and the other with a Tommy gun.

I'm surprised everyone here thinks its crap. None of these games have been bundled before.
My two cents - probably because most here already own a plethora of generic wartime strategy titles (aside from Hell, presumably) that we don't play, and these don't even have cards.

So, you're buying the $10 tier then, right?

Right?
I did. Close Combat is a classic gem and with the most recent entry of Close Combat on tier 3, it shouldn't be missed. Battle Academy is quite accessible, user-friendly for a tactical game from Slitherine. The racing game (can't spell that name) on 2nd tier is quite entertaining.

comparing Slitherine's tactical and strategy game to the bundle fodder wargame (like Fall Weiss or Strategic War in Europe) is like comparing first rate dark chocolate to the piece of steaming ... clay.

p.s. Slitherine sale is very very very few & far in between and then you only see 30-50% off (at most). Their tendency NOT to discount their games is legendary and put Activision to shame (and you guys were bitching about Activision). Getting close combat for $10 alone is a steal in itself

I did. Close Combat is a classic gem and with the most recent entry of Close Combat on tier 3, it shouldn't be missed. Battle Academy is quite accessible, user-friendly for a tactical game from Slitherine. The racing game (can't spell that name) on 2nd tier is quite entertaining.

comparing Slitherine's tactical and strategy game to the bundle fodder wargame (like Fall Weiss or Strategic War in Europe) is like comparing first rate dark chocolate to the piece of steaming ... clay.

p.s. Slitherine sale is very very very few & far in between and then you only see 30-50% off (at most). Their tendency NOT to discount their games is legendary and put Activision to shame (and you guys were bitching about Activision). Getting close combat for $10 alone is a steal in itself
Stop tempting me! Now I want the $10 tier

[quote name="Bruticis" post="12726707" timestamp="1433467248"]CAG hive mind is completely wrong about a bundle? I am totally shocked, most of them have such exquisite taste.[/quote]
Dammit you take that back, Air Control and McPixel are gems, gems I tells ya!

McPixel was ahead of its time. For me, it was really the first utter shit game that took advantage of the huge flaws in the Greenlight system to get itself onto the largest and most high profile PC gaming store in the world instead of remaining in the bowels of the internet where it belonged.

The first of many.

New Humble Store Promotion - Atari Weekend Sale
Warnings:

• Section 8: Prejudice uses GFWL and it'll never be removed.
  • Alone in the Dark (2008) works on 7 and 8, but it's still got Securom and it's got a nasty bug that forces you to play at 1152x648 fullscreen, with no way to change the resolution.
Curiously - Atari 80 Classic Games in One is available here DRM Free, but not on Steam. This used to be on Steam at one point but got yanked years ago.

Oh, and get Ghostbusters The Video Game. It's fun, but it's very poorly optimized so it may stutter a bit. And it's missing the multiplayer and achievements from the console versions. (Don't expect a fix, either, Terminal Reality kicked the bucket some years back.)

I just picked up Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe and Roller Coaster 2: Triple Thrill Pack for under $7 combined. If you get anything from this sale, get RCT2. Great game. 

So I bought the Nindie bundle and have a bunch of codes I don't need. Anyone want these?

I have unused codes for

Mighty Switch Force
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
Olli Olli (3DS)
Sportsball

Gunman Clive
Bit Trip Runner 2

So I bought the Nindie bundle and have a bunch of codes I don't need. Anyone want these?

I have unused codes for

Mighty Switch Force
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
Olli Olli (3DS)
Sportsball

Gunman Clive
Bit Trip Runner 2
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
Olli Olli (3DS)

Wow that would be great

I have unused codes for

Mighty Switch Force
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
Olli Olli (3DS)
Sportsball

Gunman Clive
Bit Trip Runner 2
I would take MSF and Gunman Clive if it's still available. :) ty!

I have unused codes for

Mighty Switch Force
Steamworld Dig (3DS)
Olli Olli (3DS)
Sportsball

Gunman Clive
Bit Trip Runner 2
Sportsball seems like it would be kind of neat if you still have it, thanks for doing this either way though : >

[quote name="ToxicFate" post="12730771" timestamp="1433695616"]Ok all codes have been sent. Still have one for Bit Trip Runner 2 if anyone wants it let me know.[/quote]
Where's LostUnderwear when you need him?

bread's done
Back