Humble Bundle Thread

Metal Slug 3 was in a previous PC & Android bundle (which is how I own it on steam). Is it possible that they just screwed up and re-used the game icon and formats that they used on the old bundle? Because according to that pic, it's also supposed to come with a DRM-Free copy. But there isn't any DRM-Free copy of the game. They promised a DRM-Free version of the game when the PC & Android 10 bundle launched over a year ago, but it's been in a perpetual state of "coming soon" ever since.
Yeah, I think you're right.. plus the bundle page says they're exclusively for android so I doubt they'll give steam keys this time around.

Metal Slug 3 was in a previous PC & Android bundle (which is how I own it on steam). Is it possible that they just screwed up and re-used the game icon and formats that they used on the old bundle? Because according to that pic, it's also supposed to come with a DRM-Free copy. But there isn't any DRM-Free copy of the game. They promised a DRM-Free version of the game when the PC & Android 10 bundle launched over a year ago, but it's been in a perpetual state of "coming soon" ever since.
And you guys wonder why I hate DotEmu so much? They're never going to release that DRM free version. Humble should've forced them to cough one up before letting them show up in another Humble.

Edit: Also remember that one Android bundle that added Steam keys in the second week?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction on the DRM-Free thing. It looks like there is a DRM-Free version for Mac & Linux, but no windows version. Being a Windows user, I never bothered to check the other versions until just now.

But they've been promising the Windows DRM-Free for over a year now.

New Humble Bundle - Jumbo 4:

• Outland Special Edition
  • Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
  • Mercenary Kings
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Endless Space Emperor Edition
  • The Stanley Parable
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
Pay $18 or more for all of the above and:

• Space Engineers (Early Access)
New Humble Store Promotion - Daedalic Bundles

• Mercenary Kings

• The Stanley Parable

only need fallen not sure if worth the buck though

Eh, Van Helsing. Pass on that.

BTA's holding at around 4.50 or so, hope it falls down a bit more.

• Mercenary Kings

• The Stanley Parable

Nice bundle. Still not sure what, if anything, I'll be going in on. Lowest I've seen it so far is $4.42

I think I only owned Endless Space. Wasn't Stanley Parable the one people wrote buying from Chinese panda merchants over the Summer Sale? If so, glad I missed out on it. Down to $4.18 now.

This bundle kicks ass. Anybody who enjoys Civ but doesn't yet owns Endless Space should definitely buy this one.

It, and Endless Legend, is phenomenal. 

Mercenary Kings was the $15 tier in a Humble Bundle.  I bought it standalone during a Steam sale for $6.79 thinking it would likely not be rebundled (or not for a significantly low price).  Now, it's in the $1 tier?  WTF?

The guessing game with Humble on these indie games is getting old.

Missing Van Helsing 2 and Outland....not sure I want both for 2ish bucks each.....Man how much of a CAG I am...
Van Helsing is getting a remake so unless you have part 1, intent to buy part 3 and try that the somewhat sketchy devs will actually give the remake for free to people who own 1 2 and 3 on Steam then you might as well just get Outland and Buy That For A Dollar.

wat. But Outland is in the $1 tier
He's using justification logic that if he does BTA both will average out to $2ish each, but clearly one is worth more than the other with them being in different tiers priced very differently.

This bundle I might BTA on since I have nothing in either of the tiers. Maybe Van Helsing III might get bundled before Van Helsing: Final Cut comes out.

This bundle I might BTA on since I have nothing in either of the tiers. Maybe Van Helsing III might get bundled before Van Helsing: Final Cut comes out.
They'll want people to buy the 3rd one for sure so I doubt they'll bundle it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no sales on it up until the "complete" version comes out.

They'll want people to buy the 3rd one for sure so I doubt they'll bundle it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no sales on it up until the "complete" version comes out.
4real

6wfN8ss.jpg

Hm. I have nothing in the BTA tier, so solid bundle for me.
Same here... in fact, I don't seem to have any of the games in this bundle. IIRC only Mercenary Kings has been bundled before (in a $10 tier), so I'm surprised at the lukewarm response this bundle is getting here.

It wasn't Stanley Parable I was thinking of with the regional resellers last month, it was The Talos Principle.

Although either "The Stanley Parable" or "The Talos Principle" would be a pretty good name for a 1970's prog-art rock band.

Same here... in fact, I don't seem to have any of the games in this bundle. IIRC only Mercenary Kings has been bundled before (in a $10 tier), so I'm surprised at the lukewarm response this bundle is getting here.
Because we buy games during sales. The higher quality/more popular the game, the more likely people will own it.. same applies to the # HBs.

Yeah, I was surprised that 2 got bundled at all. I wasn't expecting that, based on the fact that these games seem to be Neocore's best and most well-received games to date (with the possible exception of Deathtrap, but that's fairly new).

Because we buy games during sales. The higher quality/more popular the game, the more likely people will own it.. same applies to the # HBs.
<smug>

Sure, but that means you're doing it wrong, especially in the case of indies, because bundles. I'm glad I waited on Stanley Parable through its gazillion sales because I was pretty sure it would turn up in a Humble at some point.

</smug>

Same. I don't own any of these games yet.

Just waiting to see if it drops below $4.11.

#TrueCAG

I'm smug that I didn't buy Stanley Parable and still won't BTA for it. For a game that described itself like:

The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end
Whatever. fuck off hipsters.

I bought Endless Space a long time ago and Van Helsing 2 will be obsolete soon enough and the 3rd part likely not bundled to force people to pay full price to get the new game, which I'm still not 100% sure they will do.

Also every time I hear Stanley I think

ZQNumtQ.gif

I think at least for me personally, all these DLC-gorging from games now makes me hesitant to jump in even when they're in a bundle for a few dollars because they're missing DLCs and I rather have the complete versions... (Fallen enchantress/Endless space are both still missing DLCs here after all these time)

And then by the time the complete versions are available for a reasonable price and/or in a bundle a year or two down the road, I'm no longer interested in the game at all and can't be bothered to click a few times and go thru the whole add-to-cart-type-in-payment-details process etc.. Yay to quitting gaming collecting games?!

Yeah... I stopped doing that a couple of years ago. Since then and at least two games I considered (but skipped) end up bundled within a few months.

I'm also quite surprised how low the BTA is (and how stable it has been) since I woke up: I would have thought that The Stanley Parable would have driven the price up slowly, but maybe I severely underestimate the influence that the fixed-price tier usually has.

I stopped worrying about games getting bundled. I just buy frivolously

You should see my kickstarter backer page

I'm also quite surprised how low the BTA is (and how stable it has been) since I woke up: I would have thought that The Stanley Parable would have driven the price up slowly, but maybe I severely underestimate the influence that the fixed-price tier usually has.
Stanley Parable was already in another HB, so most bundlers already have that... that's my theory, anyway. Endless Space also bundled a milion times, feels like, and I'm sure Van Helsing II will be rebundled with DLC by the end of the year. Frankly, they messed up by not putting Mercenary Kings in the 2nd tier, that's the one I really want.

It's $18 for a game that's regular price $25 and $18.75 if you split a 4 pack and that's with no sale at all. Also the game's been Early Access for almost 2 years and has been as low as $9 at one point.

I know people usually buy anything on Humble just because but that tier is a terrible deal. At $12 it might move but $18 is not really the extra expense.

Man I bought Outland for $1.99 during the summer sale.

This is why you dont buy indie games!

I cant believe I'm refunding a $1.99 game just because it's in a humble bundle.

Edit: They didnt give me the refund because it was over 2 weeks ago. I thought Steam was being generous as hell but I guess not.

Honestly I'm kinda glad. Shouldnt be allowed to refund something that late. I'll give outland to a friend

Fallen Enchantress looks good, but I dunno if I'll grab the bundle, as I'm not really interested in anything else, except perhaps Endless Space.

Own none of these games. Win for me! This is why I'm not over 3K games.... *coughmotokicough*
Well I actually played (irk?) Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes and Endless Space a long ass time ago. I don't really give a crap about Stanley Parable and don't see the point in Van Helsing II since it will be obsolete.

I'm fine with $1 for Outlander and Mercenary Kings.

Don't get me wrong, I've definitely had stuff bite me in the ass before (hello Dreamscapes that I bought from GMG a couple of days before that $1.99 BS Grandma bundle) but I don't feel that way with this bundle.

Possibly the worst I ever got bitten by a bundle was buying Scribblenauts Unlimited for 5 bucks, less than a week before it appeared in the WB Humble Bundle.

And as far as games that haven't gotten significantly cheaper since launch, Just Cause 2 comes to mind. I got it for $7.50 during the 2010 Steam Winter sale, and since then, it hasn't really dropped much further, considering how old it is.

Dollar for FE:LH and possibly up it if BTA unlocks have some things I'm interested in (doubting it). If I didn't own any of the BTA, Endless Space or The Stanley Parable would be worth it alone for $4.11-$4.12. 

$3 and some change cheaper then Endless Space: Emperor Edition has been ever (at least according to ITAD). Stanley Parable has been cheaper then BTA before, by about $0.70 but as long as want anything else in the bundle it's a good deal. 

Outland is wonderful; I played it on one of my peasant consoles some time ago, and had the fortune of nabbing it during the last sale. Yippy...

Mercenary Kings... starts off promising, but quickly turns monotonous, with only a handful of maps and a fuck ton of quests asking you to traverse them over, and over, and over, and over, and over. It's fun until you get bored and quit, then you'll never think about it again.

Hey! All these games look pretty good!

I recall saying that to myself when I bought them all a while back.

bread's done
Back