Humble Bundle Thread

jackhu.jpg

Jack cares, Spoder.

Interestingly, if you read the text describing the bundle about midway down the page, among other things, it says this.

"Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Grey Goo Definitive Edition."

I wonder if the Gary Goo tier was supposed to be $15 originally, but then they changed it to $12 sometime before launch, and forgot to change the text. The only other options (that I can think of) is that some idiot intern typed the description and entered the wrong amount, or the upper tier is supposed to be $15, but they somehow allowed the bundle to go live with the incorrect amount.

That last part would be pretty hard to believe, but I just increased my total payment just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, if you read the text describing the bundle about midway down the page, among other things, it says this.

"Pay $15 or more for all of that plus Grey Goo Definitive Edition."

I wonder if the Gary Goo tier was supposed to be $15 originally, but then they changed it to $12 sometime before launch, and forgot to change the text. The only other options (that I can think of) is that some idiot intern typed the description and entered the wrong amount, or the upper tier is supposed to be $15 but they somehow allowed the bundle to go live with the incorrect amount.

That last part would be pretty hard to believe, but I just increased my total payment just in case.
Yeah, I saw that before. It's most likely just a typo.

Anyone have an extra South Park Stick of Truth from the Humble Monthly and is willing to trade for games worth 1300ish Tremor coins?

Nice @ Dreamfall Chapters in BTA Section of this Jumbo 6.

DRM-FREE + Steam! Wo0t!!! :)

Don't have any of that 1st tier either.

Nice.

EDIT 2:

Man the only game I want from the BTA tier is Dreamfall. Not sure I can do an additional $5+ for that game and mystery unlocks
I'd love to see Dreamfall: TLJ2 as an unlock.

Sure, I have it from retail - but I'd love to have it on Steam and/or DRM-FREE.

EDIT 1:

anyone else excited for magicka as a unlock?
Always!

Especially if the unlocks offer-up more DLC's!

Grey Goo looks pretty cool but at $12 I keep asking myself....is this a monthly quality bundle? I can't help but say no.

Whatever....went full $12. 

Dreamfall Chapters is the normal edition. Not Deluxe. There's no upgrade option to Deluxe. Figures.
They include the DLC for Grey Goo, but not Dreamfall? Lame.

:wave:

What are the chances that we'll see Shadowrun Returns in next week's unlocks?
I think it's pretty likely. That, and some form of Magicka (I hope it's the Complete).

I was banking on one of the older Dreamfall games, but as previously mentioned, different publishers.

If they add Shadowrun Returns and Longest Journey, I'd own 0 games out of the bundle so far, so fingers crossed.

What's the deal with the lengths of these audiobooks?  I'm a relatively fast reader, and i'm pretty sure it took me longer than 210 minutes to read each book.

edit: "dramatized versions" nvm

What's the deal with the lengths of these audiobooks? I'm a relatively fast reader, and i'm pretty sure it took me longer than 210 minutes to read each book.

So they're perfect for lostnumberfuckit then.

What's the deal with the lengths of these audiobooks? I'm a relatively fast reader, and i'm pretty sure it took me longer than 210 minutes to read each book.

I suppose they're going to skip all the Bjorn son of Fjorn son of Thorn son of Gorn son of Ford bits. The LOTR books had a fuckton of padding.

I suppose they're going to skip all the Bjorn son of Fjorn son of Thorn son of Gorn son of Ford bits. The LOTR books had a fuckton of padding.
The amazing think is that there are whole books full of that stuff written by Tolkien, and I am crazy enough to have read some of them.

What is most interest to me is the Inklings thing that is 26.5 hours. My wife might be interested in that.

It's not padding. Tolkien's academic tone is an integral part of what those books are.
He spends ages describing something that would be best left to a friggin addendum. I can recognize the man's astounding work at creating a believable universe, but most of that is still boring as fuck.

He spends ages describing something that would be best left to a friggin addendum. I can recognize the man's astounding work at creating a believable universe, but most of that is still boring as fuck.
You think Tolkien spends ages describing stuff? Try The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.

2 different things.  Jordan spends an inordinate amount of time describing how the the lace frills of an outfit his female character is wearing hang, while Tolkien dryly comments on bloodlines no one gives a crap about.

Had to come out of my streak of heinous and malicious FakeCAGginess in order to spit out my coffee at the Pathfinder Comics bundle second week bonuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQWCQ6sing

I'll be disappearing for another couple weeks now. You may now return to your regularly scheduled Tolkien disappointment.

I bought it @ $12 because Grey Goo looked interesting but I wouldn't BTA if Magicka 2 is the standout for you. Can probably $1 it for the coupon then find Magicka 2 on a split.

bread's done
Back