Humble Bundle Thread

OH NOES!!!! Maybe when Apple releases OS XI (Sex Panther), you'll have better luck
I'm trying to help people here, but for some reason you think your entitled to selfishly crap all over what I have to say with some cheap sarcastic remark. You're comments are totally counter-productive and I don't appreciate them.

Think twice the next time you feel compelled to post something this stupid.

I'm trying to help people here, but for some reason you think your entitled to selfishly crap all over what I have to say with some cheap sarcastic remark. You're comments are totally counter-productive and I don't appreciate them.

New in the thread?

We tend to say shit like that in this thread, don't take it personally.

Really though, I was being serious. Telltale will never fix this game to run on modern versions of OS X. They don't give a fuck.

ea9ec629970be80a23db4d21acaf05ce.jpg

I'm trying to help people here, but for some reason you think your entitled to selfishly crap all over what I have to say with some cheap sarcastic remark.
Y Kant Wee Hav Both?

You're comments are totally counter-productive and I don't appreciate them.

I usually think three times before I post something stupid to CAG...apparently that's not working for me...

Also, welcome to Al Gore's Information Superhighway...you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany!

I thought I had dollared in for the Buffy comic bundle, but just checked my purchase page to realize I forgot to order.  It was one of the few comic bundles I was actually looking at to go top tier.  

I am unfamiliar with the newest book bundle; Demon War Saga. Did anyone here read or listen to his before and can share some insight.  Thank you in advance.

Mooby, I realize that it is the CAG way to watch TellTale games i.e. Tales from Borderland on youtube to save money.  However, I tried to watch a couple of streams only to realize that I do not like most of the streamers commenting during the game.  I paid for the TellTale bundle and hoping for either Sam and Max or Monkey Island.  Yes, I realize it will most likely be Bone and Texas Hold Em.

I know I'm not going to change any minds, but here it goes...

You can watch just about any game being played on YouTube. It's just no the same as playing the game, unless the sole mechanic is to click GO and then sit idly until the end. That's just not the case with Telltale games. If you are into the story, then making decisions and reacting at the right time are not the same as watching someone else play.

I'm aware of the criticism that the branching pathways ultimately end up at the same place, for the most part. But it's fun being a part of the story, even if the ending is somewhat pre-determined.

That's just my opinion, of course. If you don't like the story that much or are only interested in the outcome then go ahead and YouTube it up, but don't equate that to actually playing the game however simple it may be.

I know I'm not going to change any minds, but here it goes...

You can watch just about any game being played on YouTube. It's just no the same as playing the game, unless the sole mechanic is to click GO and then sit idly until the end. That's just not the case with Telltale games. If you are into the story, then making decisions and reacting at the right time are not the same as watching someone else play.

I'm aware of the criticism that the branching pathways ultimately end up at the same place, for the most part. But it's fun being a part of the story, even if the ending is somewhat pre-determined.

That's just my opinion, of course. If you don't like the story that much or are only interested in the outcome then go ahead and YouTube it up, but don't equate that to actually playing the game however simple it may be.
Besides, if you're watching someone else play it, it's PIRACY!!!

That's just not the case with Telltale games.
Yeah, it pretty much is... I watched all episodes of Tales from the Borderplands. There's maybe one or two choices per episode that actually makes a difference in the storyline. The other 'interactivity' is limited to QTE button mashing or other silly stuff. That they call them Adventure Games is hilarious when they are, at best, digital novels. And Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books had more choice and consequence.

To say watching doesn't equate to playing a Telltale 'game' is a non-starter. There's nothing to play in the first place. It is a passive experience. Now, if you dare to refute me, sirrah, then you're going to have to list concrete examples of:

1) How many times you're actually given a choice per episode;

2) How many times that choice actually results in a different outcome.

That they charge $30-40 retail for these things is hilarious. I will trash AAA games all day e'rday but at least most of them offer gameplay. Real gameplay not, oooo ooo flip to page 12, daddy, 'dat's mAH CHOICE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I had dollared in for the Buffy comic bundle, but just checked my purchase page to realize I forgot to order. It was one of the few comic bundles I was actually looking at to go top tier.

I am unfamiliar with the newest book bundle; Demon War Saga. Did anyone here read or listen to his before and can share some insight. Thank you in advance.

Mooby, I realize that it is the CAG way to watch TellTale games i.e. Tales from Borderland on youtube to save money. However, I tried to watch a couple of streams only to realize that I do not like most of the streamers commenting during the game. I paid for the TellTale bundle and hoping for either Sam and Max or Monkey Island. Yes, I realize it will most likely be Bone and Texas Hold Em.
Fair enough. Although I tend to watch them on (incoming plug) MKIceandFire which is one of the few YouTube 'personalities' that does walkthroughs without commentary. And I know hal would get frustrated when the guy puts on the green jacket instead of the blue one but that's something I can live with~

(hal will remember that.)

GOT is pretty recent game so it's there on Tier 3. Not sure, wassup with WD Season 2 on the same tier though. Maybe they ran out of premium game to put there
Not really. They have the new and terrible Minecraft game as well as the new Walking Dead game. They're not ready to devalue either of those by bundling it yet. Heck, they could do a season pass for the upcoming Batman game if they wanted to.

I think it's because this one has never dipped below $6.25 and you've got a built-in audience (in some sense) because it's a sequel to the wildly-popular Season 1.

Yeah, it pretty much is... I watched all episodes of Tales from the Borderplands. There's maybe one or two choices per episode that actually makes a difference in the storyline. The other 'interactivity' is limited to QTE button mashing or other silly stuff. That they call them Adventure Games is hilarious when they are, at best, digital novels. And Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books had more choice and consequence.

To say watching doesn't equate to playing a Telltale 'game' is a non-starter. There's nothing to play in the first place. It is a passive experience. Now, if you dare to refute me, sirrah, then you're going to have to list concrete examples of:

1) How many times you're actually given a choice per episode;

2) How many times that choice actually results in a different outcome.

That they charge $30-40 retail for these things is hilarious. I will trash AAA games all day e'rday but at least most of them offer gameplay. Real gameplay not, oooo ooo flip to page 12, daddy, 'dat's mAH CHOICE!!!!

Personally, I have never spent more than $9.99 for any of Telltales games and I own all of them. I got Wolf Among Us on Xbox One for just $7.99 a ways back. Personally, I don't understand why anyone buys games for full retail in this day and age as most games can be found for as much as 40% off in just 4-6 weeks time after launch. If you patient enough, you never have to spend more than $9.99-$19.99.

As for suggesting that watching a Telltale game is the same as playing it....well, I for one couldn't possibly disagree more. And it has nothing to do with how many choices there are or if the choices actually make a difference in the end. Its simply about me actually being a participant, even if it is just for the level of gameplay that you see in Telltale Games, as opposed to just a viewer. I have wacthed games on YouTube and its definitely not for me. I would MUCH rather be on the playing end even if the gameplay is simplistic in nature. It makes all the difference in the world for me. If I want to watch a movie or a TV show, I'll watch a movie or a TV show. If I want to play a videogame, I play a videogame. There is absolutely no part of me whatsoever that wants to watch someone else play a videogame.

So well just agree to disagree. I will happilly continue to buy Telltale's games for roughly $10 bucks a pop and experience the games first hand. Again, there is no part of me whatsoever that has any desire to watch somoene else play a videogame, regardless of what kind of game it is and regardless of the kind of gameplay the game has. If its a videogame, its going to be me behind the controller.

It's perfectly fine to disagree. I mean you're wrong but... hey, free country. Trump hasn't built the wall yet.
Honestly, stating people are right or wrong in regards to subjective matters....well, its definitely not something you want to do if you want to come off as an intelligent person. Then again, some people like to look uneducated or like to play the fool, so to each thier own. Whatever floats your boat.

any thoughts on the sci-fi bundle from sci-fi fans? I'm unsure about many of the authors.
Good $1 tier. (yes you can even pay lower like 25 cents)

If you are going to BTA, look at the top tier to see if worth the extra $5. You can generally find the brief overview on the humble page for each book. Amazon can give you some reviews if that helps. It really depends on; 1) do you have the time to read these and 2) are these books that you could borrow as easily from the library or would rather own (depends on preference).

Thats a pretty amazing $1 level for people that haven't played those games. Actually, thats a great $1 level even for people that have played the games. I am tempted to just buy the $12 level as I am a big fan of Telltale and I always wind up giving like 75% to charity anyways. 

What other games could be coming soon. What else does Telltale have? Jurassic Park is the only one I can think of. Ah, I forgot Tales of Monkey Island & Hector Badge of Carnage. 

Good $1 tier. (yes you can even pay lower like 25 cents)

If you are going to BTA, look at the top tier to see if worth the extra $5. You can generally find the brief overview on the humble page for each book. Amazon can give you some reviews if that helps. It really depends on; 1) do you have the time to read these and 2) are these books that you could borrow as easily from the library or would rather own (depends on preference).
I penny in on every book bundle, no matter what, yes I'm a dirt bag.

Honestly, stating people are right or wrong in regards to subjective matters....well, its definitely not something you want to do if you want to come off as an intelligent person. Then again, some people like to look uneducated or like to play the fool, so to each thier own. Whatever floats your boat.
Everybody plays the fool. There's no exception to the rule.

bread's done
Back