Humble Bundle Thread

A really good monthly honestly. Kentucky Route Zero is supposed to be excellent, Avernum 2 is a high want as is Sattelite Reign. The rest could be alright (Card game i'll try....maybe the computer game as well, likely wont try Hurtworld or The Red Solstice right away.

Next month's early unlock is garbage, but they're trying to get the casuals to get this. If it included the recent DLC map packs I would be OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
The multiplayer starter pack is. Meaning you probably get some maps and weapon skins or something.
I believe it's only missing zombies and the campaign. Along the upgrade is on the steam summer sale for 15, so you can get the full game fow 27, plus whatever else is in the bundle.

Avernum will be rebundled for sure, all of the Avernum games get bundled multiple times. Kentucky Route Zero and Satellite Reign are the only standouts I'm seeing..

A really good monthly honestly. Kentucky Route Zero is supposed to be excellent, Avernum 2 is a high want as is Sattelite Reign. The rest could be alright (Card game i'll try....maybe the computer game as well, likely wont try Hurtworld or The Red Solstice right away.
TIS-100 isn't one I'd heard of before, but it might be the first I end up playing from this monthly. It looks neat.

Red Solstice I'm not sure on, though I suppose it would be a good game for a BroNight.

Avernum will be rebundled for sure, all of the Avernum games get bundled multiple times. Kentucky Route Zero and Satellite Reign are the only standouts I'm seeing..
The Spiderweb games were commonly bundled in the early days of bundles, but not so much lately. The first Avernum hasn't seen a bundle in two years. Avadon 2 was in a single bundle, and that was a year and a half ago. Spiderweb seems to have changed their bundling strategy.

Let's see if the game being included in a bundle encourage them to hurry up, they're way late on their schedule.
So optimistic.

I havent followed that game, but I think it's a dead end at this point.

Grav (another Early Access game) has done nothing since it got humble monthlied.

Not too terrible of a bundle for July, but also not great. Kentucky Route Zero has been on my wishlist for years, I'm happy I never bought it due to it's unfinished state. Satellite Reign, The Red Solstice, Hurtworld seem like the other highlights. Avernum, I'm impassive on this one. TIS-100 might be cool in a very nerdy coding enjoyment kind of way. Cthulhu Realms was just released today? Sure, why not.

Hahaha... the game description for TIS-100 gave me a good sensible chuckle "It's the assembly language programming game you never asked for!"  :D/

I believe it's only missing zombies and the campaign. Along the upgrade is on the steam summer sale for 15, so you can get the full game fow 27, plus whatever else is in the bundle.
Hmmm, if this is true then it'll be enough for me to continue to be an idiot. $2 plus $15 is good for me to get BO3 as long as it includes the zombies and campaign. That's all I play COD games for.

KRZ will get finished at some point. They tweeted this a few weeks back.

https://twitter.com/cardboardcompy/status/731962305840304132

Act 4 probably comes this fall, then just one more to go after that.

Thanks for pointing that out. When I saw the July unlock I unsubscribed but then I saw your post and now I've resubscribed and...you know, I'm actually not sure I should be thanking you after all.

Hmmm, if this is true then it'll be enough for me to continue to be an idiot. $2 plus $15 is good for me to get BO3 as long as it includes the zombies and campaign. That's all I play COD games for.
It doesn't. You need to buy the full game.

Features NOT included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack:

• Zombies game mode
  • Campaign game mode
  • Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
  • Ability to Prestige (your level will be capped at 55 in the Starter Pack)
  • Access to mod tools or modded content (once released)
  • Access to unranked server browser (once released)
  • Ability to Fresh Start your profile
  • The ability to access Dead Ops Arcade II and Nightmares mode

Features NOT included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack:

• Zombies game mode
  • Campaign game mode
I'm stupid, but I think what they're saying is that once you get the MP Starter Pack from the bundle, you can then do the full game upgrade as part of the Summer sale for only $15, which does include zombies and campaign.

• Zombies game mode
  • Campaign game mode
Yeah, but he's saying you can pay $15 to unlock the other features. So it'd be like $17 total for the full game.

KRZ will get finished at some point. They tweeted this a few weeks back.

https://twitter.com/cardboardcompy/status/731962305840304132

Act 4 probably comes this fall, then just one more to go after that.
Right, because they hadn't said it was almost done before or anything.

Here's a link to the upgrade, to make it easier http://store.steampowered.com/app/437351

Thanks for pointing that out. When I saw the July unlock I unsubscribed but then I saw your post and now I've resubscribed and...you know, I'm actually not sure I should be thanking you after all.
You definitely shouldn't. You were going to spend 0, but now you've spent 27 for a game you aren't even going to play! (there's still a very small chance the unlocks could be good, though) :D

Right, because they hadn't said it was almost done before or anything.

FAexCpJ.gif

Here's a link to the upgrade, to make it easier http://store.steampowered.com/app/437351

You definitely shouldn't. You were going to spend 0, but now you've spent 27 for a game you aren't even going to play! (there's still a very small chance the unlocks could be good, though) :D

This is the MP Upgrade http://store.steampowered.com/app/437351

I already own BLOPS3. The next monthly is really unappealing. I mean it is basically a $3 discount on a limited version of a game I already own. I wouldn't even have satisfaction giving away the key because it isn't a full game.

Comes down to a $12 gamble for unknown games.
Okay, why do people keep insisting on saying this costs $12. It is one of 6 games you'll be getting. Even if you distribute the value of the games unevenly, it's not $12.

KRZ has been on my wish list forever. Looking into this...

EDIT: So are games in the Monthly giftable? Asking for a friend (who will hopefully gift me KRZ).

Okay, why do people keep insisting on saying this costs $12. It is one of 6 games you'll be getting. Even if you distribute the value of the games unevenly, it's not $12.
Yea, I more meant that you are paying 27 today, to unlock black ops III today. When the games are revealed I will adjust the price, but for the first month is 27 bucks and you get black ops III and 5~ IOU's.

I'm waffling...I unsubbed, but I think I am kinda hooked on the monthly bundles. They have been good a lot more than they have been bad, so may have to bite the bullet and re-sub... gah.

Information changes a consumer's perceived value of goods. Which is why they aren't each valued at $2, even if that is the end average price paid per game.

You have information on 1/6 of the games, but not the other 5. The information on the game you have will change the value of that game and the needed value from the remaining games to "come out ahead", which is what is expected when gambling.

If the cover game was Dark Souls 3, a game most would probably value at $35+, the remaining 5 games can be worth $0 and you still come out ahead.

If the cover game was Bad Rats, a game most would value at $0, the remaining 5 games must come out to more than $12. And since it is a gamble, not a straight purchase, you likely want to come out significantly ahead and not just break even. That may or may not happen.

BLOPS3:MP is the Bad Rats scenario.

Why does nobody post the list of games included in monthlys? You guys race to make these beautifully formatted posts for Gala and Poopees but for the humble monthlys I have to actually go to the actual site like some kind of fucking pleb.

Not sure how I feel about July unlocks. Decent monthly I guess overall. Went ahead and redeemed hurtworld on the off chance I might play it a bit. 

As far as the preview for August.....ugh. 

Why does nobody post the list of games included in monthlys? You guys race to make these beautifully formatted posts for Gala and Poopees but for the humble monthlys I have to actually go to the actual site like some kind of fucking pleb.
Hey we got an established relationship with Poopees.

You don't see the head of humble coming here and threatening to kick my ass now do you?

You don't see the head of humble coming here and threatening to kick my ass now do you?
Well . . . not yet.

Who knows, maybe he's too busy using $100 bills for toilet paper and taking the occasional bath with Remute.

Damn it! I finally just caved and ended up buying KRZ when the Steam Summer sale started. Guess I'll refund. Act IV is supposedly almost done after all this time.

The indie bundle tracker steam group hasn't posted anything for us to copy/paste yet.

In other news, -3 wishlist. Another solid monthly. Conflicted on what to do for next month though...prepay & buy the upgrade now and then never play BO3 or forget to unsubscribe and regret buying the upgrade later.

The indie bundle tracker steam group hasn't posted anything for us to copy/paste yet.

In other news, -3 wishlist. Another solid monthly. Conflicted on what to do for next month though...prepay & buy the upgrade now and then never play BO3 or forget to unsubscribe and regret buying the upgrade later.
Pretty much no chance you're not gilbying this or, what's the word for when you gilby something but you didn't really want it in the first place? Tebowing? I'm not drunk enough for this thread now. Time to go back to my day job of driving a school bus.

bread's done
Back