Humble Bundle Thread

lol.. so all I really wanted from this bundle was Mafia 2 Deluxe, because I'm missing the Deluxe edition DLC. Bad news, it doesn't come with the deluxe edition DLC, it activates as "Director's Cut". It does come with all of the other available DLC though.

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/COtBUMW

Very misleading. What's worse is according to Madjoki, the Humble version removes old music that was in the game if you activate it, similar to what Rockstar did with GTA.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.. so all I really wanted from this bundle was Mafia 2 Deluxe, because I'm missing the Deluxe edition DLC. Bad news, it doesn't come with the deluxe edition DLC, it activates as "Director's Cut". It does come with all of the other available DLC though.

Very misleading. What's worse is according to Madjoki, the Humble version removes old music that was in the game if you activate it, similar to what Rockstar did with GTA.
What the hell is even in the Mafia II Deluxe Edition DLC that's making you go all Foxhack about wanting it so bad?

*Edited to add: Mafia II is also one of those annoying games where Steam says I don't own some of the DLC even though I do.

bought it since I didn't have any of these games. don't care for nba 2k16 doe so if anyone wants it just quote this and I'll message the code to the first person

I jumped on Battleborn tier and gave all the money to Visiting Nurse Services of NY, they really helped out before my Mom passed away.
Good point. Yet another Humble with the choose-your-own-charity feature. If you tend not to like giving to the usual choices find something good and local to bump that slider for.

That directly contradicts what they are advertising on the bundle page. Sucks, because I'm sort of interested in the Deluxe DLC. Though I'm also missing Betrayal of Jimmy.

That directly contradicts what they are advertising on the bundle page. Sucks, because I'm sort of interested in the Deluxe DLC. Though I'm also missing Betrayal of Jimmy.
Yeah they must've either listed it wrong, or the publisher sent them the wrong keys.

I have NBA 2k13 and 2k14. Is there much reason to want 2k16? Who has played multiple in the series that could opine?
Major graphics improvement, gameplay changes, and roster updates. Download size is very massive however. I just got it and its a 44gb download.

At least with this, you can avoid it by not activating newer codes that has access to NME files too.

None of DLC separately has to NME files, so those are safe, thankfully.

For those who bought the Battleborn $15+ level, are Battleborn and the currency two separate codes?  I'd like to keep the silver and gift someone Battleborn.

I wonder if $15 for Battleborn creates a bump in the Steam player base?  Since this is a 2k bundle, any bets on if some new Evolve skins get added in?

Dbq

For those who bought the Battleborn $15+ level, are Battleborn and the currency two separate codes? I'd like to keep the silver and gift someone Battleborn.

I wonder if $15 for Battleborn creates a bump in the Steam player base? Since this is a 2k bundle, any bets on if some new Evolve skins get added in?

Dbq
Yea they are seperate codes.

I have zero of the Mafia 2 DLC's.

So, what DLC's out of the actual 7 DLC's does this "Director's Cut" give you?

Anyone have any clue if there have been mods to add the old music back into the game?

I have NBA 2k13 and 2k14. Is there much reason to want 2k16? Who has played multiple in the series that could opine?
2K15 was the first "next gen" version to get ported to PC. 16 will look quite a bit different from the ones you have, both in graphical fidelity and user interface. 2K16 is excellent, and absolutely worth a few bucks in a BTA.

If you're into the single player career experience, 2K16 really shines. There is a Spike Lee directed story mode that covers your high school/college/rookie season which is quite hokey and filled with generic sports tropes (and has been the focus of much internet derision), but once you finish that (about a dozen abbreviated games and maybe an hour of cut scenes), you're dumped into the actual career mode which is fully fleshed out. Off day events & practices, lots of customization options, and rock solid gameplay featuring some acceptable opponent/teammate AI.

All the other modes are here as well. The collectible card game that every sports franchise is required to have, a decent franchise mode, play-with-friends blacktop/streetball mode, surprisingly fun all-star skill contests, and multiplayer filled with jerks and cheaters.

I have been playing NBA 2K since the franchise originated on the Dreamcast and this year's offering is easily my favorite in the entire series.

What the hell is even in the Mafia II Deluxe Edition DLC that's making you go all Foxhack about wanting it so bad?

*Edited to add: Mafia II is also one of those annoying games where Steam says I don't own some of the DLC even though I do.
The only bonuses were the music and a digital artbook, I think.

And holy crap at this new key deleting the old music. I'm so glad I already have all the DLC for the game since forever. Can't folks revoke the new key from their settings? It should, in theory, reactivate your older key / edition of the game. Maybe Steam support can help.

And holy crap at this new key deleting the old music. I'm so glad I already have all the DLC for the game since forever. Can't folks revoke the new key from their settings? It should, in theory, reactivate your older key / edition of the game. Maybe Steam support can help.
Why didn't they just create a new game-entry to the Steam database that doesn't have the old music?

Made Man pack, has a couple extra cars and outfits. Probably shitty but I wouldn't mind getting it for around a dollar. Humble has successfully cured my Foxhack disease for this game though.. so uh, thanks Humble?

It's not just music/artbook, it has actual in game DLC, but again I'm sure it's crap. If it were music and an artbook I wouldn't have given a shit to begin with. The only games I'd care about owning a digital OST for are games that have music I really like which is rare and almost never happens.

Hmmmm.... The only game I even remotely interested in is Civilization  V, but I don't know if it's worth the $7.40 it's currently at... Decisions, decisions...

Hmmmm.... The only game I even remotely interested in is Civilization V, but I don't know if it's worth the $7.40 it's currently at... Decisions, decisions...
I suggest waiting for the complete version, but if you can't wait and want the base game I think you'd have no trouble getting it for a dollar or less over in the cesspool or on Group Buys. No one wants it.

Civ V without any of the DLCs is a ripoff. Getting the DLC separately is also really, really expensive. It's a scam, basically, to get people to buy the DLC in bits and pieces instead of going for the complete Civ packs that go on sale every seasonal sale.

It's a scam
url.jpg

I suggest waiting for the complete version, but if you can't wait and want the base game I think you'd have no trouble getting it for a dollar or less over in the cesspool or on Group Buys. No one wants it.
Thanks for the tips! I think I will wait to see what gets revealed next week and if there's nothing else interesting, I will grab it for a dollar or two over there.

[strike]I have copies of Duke Nukem and The Darkness II for the first two people who quote me. Just let me know which one you want (and god have mercy on your soul if you choose Duke Nukem).[/strike]

I have copies of Duke Nukem and The Darkness II for the first two people who quote me. Just let me know which one you want (and god have mercy on your soul if you choose Duke Nukem).
Duke Nukem.

God, help me!

Selling you the base edition of a game so people who don't know better spend $20 to get the DLC, instead of selling them the complete edition of a game for $5 isn't a scam?

Okay then.
Bad deal ≠ scam

The guy doing 3 card monte at the pool hall is running a scam. The chinese dude on ebay trying to sell you genuine name brand luxury goods for 90% off is running a scam. The $2500 truck that is 2 years old on craigslist is a scam. Them selling you the base version of a video game instead of the complete version is not a scam. Especially in the context of a $8ish bundle with a bunch of other stuff.

Bad deal ≠ scam

The guy doing 3 card monte at the pool hall is running a scam. The chinese dude on ebay trying to sell you genuine name brand luxury goods for 90% off is running a scam. The $2500 truck that is 2 years old on craigslist is a scam. Them selling you the base version of a video game instead of the complete version is not a scam. Especially in the context of a $8ish bundle with a bunch of other stuff.
Those aren't scams to foxhack, they are just the way of life in Mexico.

Selling you the base edition of a game so people who don't know better spend $20 to get the DLC, instead of selling them the complete edition of a game for $5 isn't a scam?

Okay then.
You think that's bad? 2K scammed me into buying Civ 5 after letting me try it on a free weekend, and then made me enjoy it so much that I pre-ordered the DLC!

Those goddamned scamming fuck s.

Civ V without any of the DLCs is a ripoff. Getting the DLC separately is also really, really expensive. It's a scam, basically, to get people to buy the DLC in bits and pieces instead of going for the complete Civ packs that go on sale every seasonal sale.
Except they don't have a complete pack anymore. Instead they use Steam's somewhat recent bundle feature for the complete pack, which only charges for the parts you are missing. Even before the change to the bundle feature they sold a gold upgrade that included most of the DLC, though that was a crummy deal if you already had some of the DLC--say if you, like me, bought the GOTY and Gods and Kings.

Even with the bundle, it may not really be all that great a deal to get the base game. That bundle will go on sale during a seasonal sale, and the small extra savings from already having the base game will be quite small.

I think I'll skip this bundle.

And in other news no one cares about, Kentucky Route Zero Act 4 released today apparently.  I'll look forward to playing it when the final act releases in 2020.

Except they don't have a complete pack anymore. Instead they use Steam's somewhat recent bundle feature for the complete pack, which only charges for the parts you are missing. Even before the change to the bundle feature they sold a gold upgrade that included most of the DLC, though that was a crummy deal if you already had some of the DLC--say if you, like me, bought the GOTY and Gods and Kings.

Even with the bundle, it may not really be all that great a deal to get the base game in a bundle. That bundle will go on sale during a seasonal sale, and the small extra savings from already having the base game will be quite small.
You can still get it just not on Steam. If somebody really wants it and somehow hasn't gotten it by now Macgamestore.com (It's Steamplay so you get the PC version too) or DL Gamer both have it for $10 right now.

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3172/Civilization-V-The-Complete-Edition/
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-civilization_5_the_complete-pc_games-p-22569.html

Amazon has a retail edition for $16.99

https://smile.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-Complete-PC/dp/B00HWMP0TU/

Decent probability I'll will buy this bundle even though Battleborn will probably be F2P within another two months.  $7.50ish a piece for it and B'lands TPS is probably as low as they'll get barring F2P since Steam sales are so awful now.  If anyone here has given me stuff in the past (I tend to forget) and wants stuff from this bundle let me know.  That said, I'm still on the fence... mostly because I have zero interest in any of the other games and/or already own them.

You can still get it just not on Steam. If somebody really wants it and somehow hasn't gotten it by now Macgamestore.com (It's Steamplay so you get the PC version too) or DL Gamer both have it for $10 right now.

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3172/Civilization-V-The-Complete-Edition/
http://www.dlgamer.us/download-civilization_5_the_complete-pc_games-p-22569.html

Amazon has a retail edition for $16.99

https://smile.amazon.com/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-Complete-PC/dp/B00HWMP0TU/
Didn't even think about checking for the bundle off of steam--I wonder if that's a single key or a collection of keys.

no Mafia II - Made Man DLC for you though..

My mind is boggled with this kinda crap that 2K pulled. The retail DC version has EVERY DLC included but not the Steam one. For years, they have locked one of the story DLC (Betrayal of Jimmy) to Eastern European until recently.

They have removed all the OST from the game, leaving it barebone..

Now the DC version on Steam is missing the last DLC. (oh btw, this publisher is behind Evolve and Battleborn :drool: which explain their stupidity and retarded direction)

bread's done
Back