Humble Bundle Thread

So I have some suspicions that my Humble Bundle account has been hacked which has led to someone trying to get my Steam account.

About two days ago I got an email from Humble Bundle that someone was trying to access my account from ?, ?.  At the time I tturned two step authentication on Humble Bundle on.

Now today I get an email from Steam:

"This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key."

This is when I started to figure out maybe these two things are connect and get freaked out a bit.  I've changed both my Humble Bundle and my Steam passwords  I was using Steam Guard already.

Is there much else I can really do to help lock things down?  Anyone else have something like this happen?

I wouldn't worry about the cd-key query message from Steam. Anytime you grab a key posted publicly and someone else then tries to activate the same key, they have the option to send a email to the person who activated the key.

I got a query today as well. Only noteworthy in context of this thread.
Add me to the list. Got a few.

No Humble emails though, as I already have 2-factor auth on my account.

If you got an email about a strange sign-in, yeah, jump on that immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one of those today myself, but it's a little odd as I haven't taken a key drop for a while. Maybe it's from gleam sending out dupes or something.

I got a query today as well. Only noteworthy in context of this thread.

Add me to the list. Got a few.

No Humble emails though, as I already have 2-factor auth on my account.

If you got an email about a strange sign-in, yeah, jump on that immediately.
Ok I don't know if this is one of those "you don't talk about fight club" situations, but madjoki made some kind of bot that checks if keys are used by pinging the request access to account button or whatever it's called, which is most likely why you guys are getting emails. Don't quote me on that though, I don't know for sure how it works, but it probably has something to do with the large influx of those emails recently.

Ok I don't know if this is one of those "you don't talk about fight club" situations, but madjoki made some kind of bot that checks if keys are used by pinging the request access to account button or whatever it's called, which is most likely why you guys are getting emails. Don't quote me on that though, I don't know for sure how it works, but it probably has something to do with the large influx of those emails recently.
u selluot go to ur eggo daiper whinping caeg

u selluot go to ur eggo daiper whinping caeg
I think whatever asshole that's sending hundreds if not thousands of pings/requests should go to their whipping cage. Oh, and it's not me. Apparently only a handful of people have access to his bot. I appreciate what madjoki does for us, but it's obvious someone doesn't know how to use that shit responsibly.

Oh got 6 Steam requests yesterday, all at the same time. Didn't bother me, but I'm sure Steam will not appreciate such a heavy load on their servers so someone might want to take that into account.

Oh got 6 Steam requests yesterday, all at the same time. Didn't bother me, but I'm sure Steam will not appreciate such a heavy load on their servers so someone might want to take that into account.
I got 100+ (no joke) yesterday. Thankfully it hasn't happened again today. I agree though, if people abuse this steam may eventually patch this so that bots can't be used anymore. If people are going to use the bot, I suggest using it sparingly.. and not to troll.

I got 100+ (no joke) yesterday. Thankfully it hasn't happened again today. I agree though, if people abuse this steam may eventually patch this so that bots can't be used anymore. If people are going to use the bot, I suggest using it sparingly.. and not to troll.
I got like 250 :(

hit by my own best

Humble Indie Bundle 17

PWYW ($1 for Steam keys) for:

• Lethal League (Steam + DRM Free)
  • The Beginner's Guide (Steam + DRM Free + OST)
  • Galak-Z (Steam + DRM Free)

BTA for:

• Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Steam + DRM Free)
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam + DRM Free + OST)
  • Super Time Force Ultra (Steam + DRM Free)
  • Plus second week bonuses.

$10 for

• Nuclear Throne (Steam + DRM Free)

Octodad looks alright, and as does Beginner's Guide. Interesting how more and more former Humble Monthly games get re-bundled. ARK: Survival Evolved may very well show up in a BTA  tier of a future Humble Bundle, going by Rust's example. Anyone still holding onto a Galak-Z key has lost further resale value. 

Yeah, this is a disappointing bundle for me.  Don't really care about any of these except Lethal League, and I already got that in a different bundle.

Was Nuclear Throne in a previous bundle? I'm guessing they didn't count on a lot of people skipping it, and going for the BTA tier instead since it's tanking.

Kinda weak for me but may still bta. Nuclear Throne seems like a terrible pick for the $10 tier. 

Was Nuclear Throne in a previous bundle? I'm guessing they didn't count on a lot of people skipping it, and going for the BTA tier instead since it's tanking.
It was in a prior monthly. It should have been in the BTA tier instead, or at least they should have thrown something else into the fixed tier. The annoying thing is that at this tier, it keeps reseller prices high. Inb4 3 TF2 keys for Nuclear Throne.

Lowest BTA I have is $5.11.

It was in a monthly.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is designed for local coop so that's a no go for me. BTA is disappointing at the current price.
Week two additions will save the bundle. ;)

FYI: daily deal is psycho nuts.

Probably gonna go $10 on this since I do want NT and I'm all for supporting my local animal shelter. I already have Galak-Z on PS4 and I never want to play it again so if anyone wants it just reply and I'll send you a key later.

Meh, weak third tier BTA game. Nuclear Throne is a $12 so unless you're willing to play it right away, paying $10 to get it is not a great deal.

$1-tier is eh. Lethal League is good even if a repeat, but it was just in a BS bundle. I don't mind the Galak-Z monthly repeat that much, but having 2 monthly repeats in 1 tier hurts. At least they're not in the BTA.

BTA is solid, imo. I actually laughed out loud when I saw the $10-tier.

Meh, weak third tier BTA game. Nuclear Throne is a $12 so unless you're willing to play it right away, paying $10 to get it is not a great deal.
It's more like $5 for Nuclear Throne (difference between BTA and $10), but it's still completely overpriced.

Eh. Dollared in at 5.04. I suspect it'll be much cheaper later on though.

I'm not even going to bother with Nuclear Throne. That game appears to be allergic to discounts.

I've been wanting Lethal League for sometime so this is a good bundle for a $1.

Reminds me of fighting games but with a ball
Give me a hour and i would be playing like a pro where no one wants to bro date this game again

Like I said, give me a hour and I would be playing like a pro where no one wants to bro date this game with me around.
But yes, you have a chance of beating me right now.
I'll take that challenge. I've played a fair amount of it so I'm not terrible at it unlike fighting games. You can play on teams too

FYI: daily deal is psycho nuts.

Probably gonna go $10 on this since I do want NT and I'm all for supporting my local animal shelter. I already have Galak-Z on PS4 and I never want to play it again so if anyone wants it just reply and I'll send you a key later.
If you still have it, I would take that Galak-Z key.

Just pair him up with me if he gets too good. Even it out.
I'll become a two man team, I got 5 fightsticks BEHOLD ULTIMATE PSYCHO POWER
oBsLAMi.jpg

$1-tier is eh. Lethal League is good even if a repeat, but it was just in a BS bundle. I don't mind the Galak-Z monthly repeat that much, but having 2 monthly repeats in 1 tier hurts. At least they're not in the BTA.

BTA is solid, imo. I actually laughed out loud when I saw the $10-tier.

It's more like $5 for Nuclear Throne (difference between BTA and $10), but it's still completely overpriced.
Especially when you taking in consideration that it was a part of a Monthly with South Park, This War of Mine and Renowned Explorers among others.

bread's done
Back