Humble Bundle Thread

You dont go into a Keanu movie expecting quality acting or even deep plot. John Wick is great slick action. Its his second best movie (matrix #1). You need to appreciate him in respect to his physical acting and willingness to do a lot of his own stunts ala tom cruise.
I don't see anyone mentioning the Replacements which I thought was a particularly good Football movie. Didn't hurt that they had other funny people (Favreau, et al.)

Just came here to say;

fuck PAYDAY 2 AND fuck OVERKILLL.

If you want to play a payday game, play Payday: The Heist. I know I've posted my rant here several times so I'll spare you all the wall o' text.

I think this is the first bundle I'm not even dollaring in, just on principle. Even bundles where I own all the games, I'll dollar in so I can give the extra keys away to my (non-existent) friends.

But fuck Payday 2, and fuck Overkill. Seriously.
why the hate? i thought they fixed PD2 since last yr

Oh sure, when I wreck in Vermintide there's no mention of that, but when I suck the most even though we all suck at BF1 then it's all out war on Fox. DON'T TRUST THE BROS! THEY ARE THE OPPOSITION! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT FROM FOX!
Why does Fox using alternative facts not surprise me. The bot was the MVP and you know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Payday 2, which has 38 dlc
tumblr_mtrvjnENhz1rqp2rqo1_250.gif

But L4D is asymmetric PVP...?
True, it has a 4v4 mode. I tend to think of it as players vs environment. Still nothing like DbD's asymmetric system though (4v1, with no way for the 4 to actually kill the 1). And DbD is only the 4v1 system: no bots, no players vs environment, etc.

True, it has a 4v4 mode. I tend to think of it as players vs environment. Still nothing like DbD's asymmetric system though (4v1, with no way for the 4 to actually kill the 1). And DbD is only the 4v1 system: no bots, no players vs environment, etc.
No, L4D Versus mode was 4v[1-4]. It was common back then for 4v2 on so, where they play as that tongue guy and a tank on the infested side.

Basically, 4vTank is probably where the idea of Evolve got the idea from.

Only games I can think of similar to DBD are Friday the 13th (not released yet), and Damned. There may be some other obscure games like it, but only those come to mind.

Are the 38 DLCs worth it to throw down 5x as much?

I am contemplating just throw in a dollar for a Pay Day 2 copy, in case the bro wants to brodate

Are the 38 DLCs worth it to throw down 5x as much?

I am contemplating just throw in a dollar for a Pay Day 2 copy, in case the bro wants to brodate
Unless your actually gonna host and really want the dlc characters and gear then you won't need all the dlc even if you don't own the dlc if the host owns mission dlc you can play the hiest

Okay, I already own Payday 2 base-game + Armored Transport DLC from long ago.

Is it worth picking up for $6 for the other 37 DLC's? Any worthwhile actually maps/missions/content DLC's in there?
If you're serious about spending a decent amount of time with the game and want variety/meta game it'll help. I'd argue that you can barely even play the game effectively without the "gage courier" dlc anyway. The heist dlcs are only required if you plan on hosting your own games with friends or randoms. It's free to join anyone else hosting it, the typical model for that sort of DLC.

That said the developers of the game are pretty bad and like to push out negative changes or ignore many issues with the game partly because they barely understand how to play it properly. Yet they somehow manage to get the game to a "good state" now and then. I can't help but enjoy the music and gunplay enough to not worry about it and have fun. Some people find it a bit repetitive and it's not really a polished game either but the number of heists in the game now offer a lot of play time. Even the intended 15~ DLC is worth $6 if you're definitely sure you want to put money into the game. The DLC is pretty intertwined with the game at this point.

tl;dr Buy it if you're going to play it, don't if you're going to sit on it. Support for the game through DLC and free updates is ending after this year so it's kinda now or never I guess before Payday 3 comes out. Until then you'll have zero trouble finding random players for all the content in the game.

lol holding grudges for someone being in a bad movie is silly, I'd personally rather watch Keanu than Tom Cruise in anything.
Well, I'll give him one point--he's not a Scientologist.

But I'm a man who takes his classic science fiction seriously, so
R3PRn7a.jpg
>>>>>
Xc76fNu.png
I mean, come on. Who cares if Gort is never actually attacking people while holding helpless damsel in his arms in the movie? You tell me that's not an awesome poster. I dare you.

I mean, come on. Who cares if Gort is never actually attacking people while holding helpless damsel in his arms in the movie? You tell me that's not an awesome poster. I dare you.
Wait, this isn't a planet of the apes movie judging by the simian hand holding the earth? Silly old movies.

Also, here: G2IWZ-AIZGG-FALDA

MMORPG is giving away Minion Master keys if anyone missed it.

I gave $6 to the pups for charity on the Payday because I can't resist masks.  FYI one of DLCs you get is a repeat that are already in the GOTY so you get an extra Bomb Heists to give away and/or sell.  

Edited for accuracy.

I gave $6 to the pups for charity on the Payday because I can't resist masks. FYI some of the DLCs you get are repeats that are already in the GOTY so you get an extra Bomb Heists and two of the masks DLC to give away and/or sell.
Which masks are included in the GOTY package? I thought none of them since they were given away in previous Humble Bundles.

Which masks are included in the GOTY package? I thought none of them since they were given away in previous Humble Bundles.
I got Product Already Owned messages for the Lycanwulf and The One masks and one of the second tier masks (not the E3 pack, but don't remember which of the other two it was). One of them showed up as a Humble pack, but the other said product already owned.

I got Product Already Owned messages for the Lycanwulf and The One masks and one of the second tier masks (not the E3 pack, but don't remember which of the other two it was). One of them showed up as a Humble pack, but the other said product already owned.
Maybe you already owned one of those humble mask packs? Because, according to steamdb there are no humble mask packs in the 2015 GOTY package.

I gave $6 to the pups for charity on the Payday because I can't resist masks. FYI one of DLCs you get is a repeat that are already in the GOTY so you get an extra Bomb Heists to give away and/or sell.

Edited for accuracy.
I'm glad you gave it to the puppies I'm pretty damn sure the mask are all dupes for me and I would have just given them to you...

I have Humble Mask Packs 1-5... That's all of them right?

Neat, Humble sent me a coupon for 10% off next month's bundle (XCOM2). So I used it, and then unsubscribed. Maybe they'll send another next month.

got one as well, but already own xcom2. If anyone wants to own xcom2 (but hasnt already subbed for some reason and doesnt want to) for 5$ let me know ;)

Crap.

Is anything super-important that's missing in the new 2016 version?
Lots of DLC that adds options (like weapons and shit) to the game.

I've looked at buying DLC for the game over the course of so many Steam sales that the 6 dollars tier was a great investment IMHO even if i never boot it up... :lol:

Payday 2 involved in some shady shit? Color me surprised.

It's almost like when they promised the game would launch with way more heists than it actually did...

Or that time they made people buy expensive DLC to earn "hype fuel", saying it would "fund further development" and then they sat around and did nothing but make a few new masks over the course of several months.

Or the fact that they despite the game being buggy mess, they instead focus on releasing masks (that nobody asked for) with the excuse that "the art guys don't work on bugfixes!" Yeah, well fucking fire some art guys and hire some programmers, FFS.

Or that time they promised never to add micro-transactions, and then they did in the form of stat-boosting skins.

Or that time everyone complained about said microtransactions, and the devs pulled some "alternative facts" bullshit "Well we can see that most users liked the update!"

Seriously. The top post of all time on the Payday 2 subreddit is " fuck you overkill". Actually all top 5 posts are complaints against the game/dev. Go figure.

Payday 2 involved in some shady shit? Color me surprised.

It's almost like when they promised the game would launch with way more heists than it actually did...

Or that time they made people buy expensive DLC to earn "hype fuel", saying it would "fund further development" and then they sat around and did nothing but make a few new masks over the course of several months.

Or the fact that they despite the game being buggy mess, they instead focus on releasing masks (that nobody asked for) with the excuse that "the art guys don't work on bugfixes!" Yeah, well fucking fire some art guys and hire some programmers, FFS.

Or that time they promised never to add micro-transactions, and then they did in the form of stat-boosting skins.

Or that time everyone complained about said microtransactions, and the devs pulled some "alternative facts" bullshit "Well we can see that most users liked the update!"

Seriously. The top post of all time on the Payday 2 subreddit is " fuck you overkill". Actually all top 5 posts are complaints against the game/dev. Go figure.
Gamers are whiny bitches?

This is completely shocking and news to me!

Think they're losing subscribers? Damnit I could have waited a day and got 10% off and a $5 bonus. 

"Resubscribe to Humble Monthly and unlock XCOM 2. 10% off your first month back."

"$5 special bonus only for resubscribers"

Think they're losing subscribers? Damnit I could have waited a day and got 10% off and a $5 bonus.

"Resubscribe to Humble Monthly and unlock XCOM 2. 10% off your first month back."

"$5 special bonus only for resubscribers"
Where did you see this $5 bonus? I literally bought the monthly yesterday....

I don't get why they're so desperate for subs this month. Maybe to get xcom 2 they had to give the publisher more money than usual so they need more sales to make up for it. I'm tempted even though I own xcom2. I should probably just subscribe and sell it to somebody for $5 or less.

I don't get why they're so desperate for subs this month. Maybe to get xcom 2 they had to give the publisher more money than usual so they need more sales to make up for it. I'm tempted even though I own xcom2. I should probably just subscribe and sell it to somebody for $5 or less.
Can probably sell it for $8 or maybe a bit more after the bundle actually launches. I sold mine for $8 really quick. Don't have it but I still haven't played the first game. Keeping it didn't make sense when it will end up being bundled again before I get around to actually playing it.

bread's done
Back