Humble Bundle Thread

Can probably sell it for $8 or maybe a bit more after the bundle actually launches. I sold mine for $8 really quick. Don't have it but I still haven't played the first game. Keeping it didn't make sense when it will end up being bundled again before I get around to actually playing it.
Yeah, I sold mine for $7 yesterday when I got that surprise we charged you email. Same situation as you, have the first one, never played it.

I had already owned Xcom 2 but decided to buy this bundle anyway since I found a taker of the game for $8. I am sure the rest of the bundle will be worth the $3 difference.

I had already owned Xcom 2 but decided to buy this bundle anyway since I found a taker of the game for $8. I am sure the rest of the bundle will be worth the $3 difference.
That is my thought too. The additions for $3 made a lot more sense than the whole bundle for $11 to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is my thought too. The additions for $3 made a lot more sense than the whole bundle for $11 to me.
Yeah. Even if I own or don't like the rest of the games (very slim chance), usually the 2nd best game in the bundle sells for $3 in the Steam trading thread. So there is no risk involved.

I wonder if we will get Enter the Gungeon this month. Devolver seems to really like putting games in the monthly. Genital Jousting is new but the low MSRP combined with Xcom 2 having a $60 MSRP makes it seem reasonably likely too.

Payday 2 is the biggest disappointment I've had in years and I didn't even stick with it long enough to see all the gay-ass shit Overkill pulled with the expansions/DLC/money-mining wankery. The core game was weak as is. Only person working on that game that wasn't a drooling retard was the music man. Everything else was flatly worse than Payday 1.

Think they're losing subscribers? Damnit I could have waited a day and got 10% off and a $5 bonus.

"Resubscribe to Humble Monthly and unlock XCOM 2. 10% off your first month back."

"$5 special bonus only for resubscribers"
Thanks for this, I subbed for $10.80 and got $5 added to my wallet.

Had the offer in my inbox since yesterday but didn't read it until I saw your post. Also, XCOM 2 keys are back in stock

I think I'll sell my key too, I have no interest in Xcom and I'll just wait until 2K sells the game and season pass together.
Isn't that the already available deluxe edition of the game? The only thing missing from not buying the deluxe is the soundtrack which is not available to buy. Then, you can grab this one and later the season pass at a CAG-ly discount. Strange enough, there's a DLC missing from the deluxe edition :shame:

Wait what? So resubscribes (or those that don't subscribe every month) to the Monthly bundle received a bonus $5 to their Humble Wallet and bought the bundle for $10.80? When those that continue to subscribe each month pay the $12 without getting much of an incentive? That's if you consider getting the 10% off store purchases as a great incentive (all subscribers get it though).

I mean I get it for marketing purposes and for generating more buyers, but I don't necessarily like that kind of a business practice. It's rather discouraging.

I'd say it's encouraging.

For example, I'm encouraged to cancel my subscription immediately after ordering a month at the last possible moment
Exactly.

So there's an incentive to gaming the system by just alternating between two humble accounts with different forms of payment. I mean, is this what you want us to do HUMBLE? IT IS!?

Exactly.

So there's an incentive to gaming the system by just alternating between two humble accounts with different forms of payment. I mean, is this what you want us to do HUMBLE? IT IS!?
Or more than two. I think you can use the same payment method up to 3 times per bundle (not entirely sure if it works the same way with monthlies though). I have an alt account that benefits from the $5 promo as well, it seems like if you haven't resubbed after a certain date they email you with the offer. Out of around 8 alt accounts only 1 of them qualified.

Or more than two. I think you can use the same payment method up to 3 times per bundle (not entirely sure if it works the same way with monthlies though). I have an alt account that benefits from the $5 promo as well, it seems like if you haven't resubbed after a certain date they email you with the offer. Out of around 8 alt accounts only 1 of them qualified.
I got the offer and I sub/unsub each month towards the end of the month if I like the headline game.

Edit: I actually got the unsubscribed email before I got the Welcome email this time... :twoguns:

Does the $5 apply to any other Humble purchase including bundles?  Anyway, if I'm reading this right since I unsubbed prior to the Left4Rats bundle and am inactive I can get the XCom 2 monthly for the $10.whatever and $5 kewwwwwww-pon?  Still I have no interest in X Com 2.

Does the $5 apply to any other Humble purchase including bundles? Anyway, if I'm reading this right since I unsubbed prior to the Left4Rats bundle and am inactive I can get the XCom 2 monthly for the $10.whatever and $5 kewwwwwww-pon? Still I have no interest in X Com 2.
Did you get the email saying that?

So since i found a buddy to split the bundle with, there anything worthwhile in this winter sale if you tack another 10% off
I'm not sure if there's any great deals to be found in the winter encore sale.

However, I did notice that the Humble Store prices now reflect the 10% off for Monthly Humble buyers in the store listed price before adding them to your cart. I think that's new.

I'm not sure if there's any great deals to be found in the winter encore sale.

However, I did notice that the Humble Store prices now reflect the 10% off for Monthly Humble buyers in the store listed price before adding them to your cart. I think that's new.
yea i saw that as i perused, shows up on the games page now

I went through that whole sale once already and didnt find anything, even a second time still nothin

The $5 is added to your Wallet which says it can't be used for bundles "at this time". I'm guessing the wallet funds don't expire, so I'm sure I'll find something eventually worthy of my "free" $5, maybe even a humble bundle if they start allowing you to use the wallet on them.

So anyone know if you still lose your 10% off the moment you unsubscribe? I thought there had been talks that that went away but when I looked at my subscription page it made it sound like I would lose it if I cancelled

Hoping to avoid having to put a reminder on the calendar if i dont have to

^ That.  It stays on until the bundle goes live (bonuses revealed).  So you can buy a bundle then cancel your sub right away and still keep the 10% for the next month-ish.

I've always lost my 10% discount after unsubscribing from the Monthly bundle.

EDIT:

9Kl0q0m.png

I cancelled today with the hopes of getting the 10% off and $5 bonus offer for next month and my discount is already gone.  This after already being charged for February so it seems the discount disappears immediately. 

Looks like you're right.  I don't have it when I put something from the store in my cart.  When I canceled I could have sworn it said by benefits remained until the next cycle though.

Of course, perfectly possible that they SHOULD stay until but they don't.

Thanks for this, I subbed for $10.80 and got $5 added to my wallet.

Had the offer in my inbox since yesterday but didn't read it until I saw your post. Also, XCOM 2 keys are back in stock
Did the same, but haven't received a discount and wallet credit. Great.

I hope, I'll get even more benefits after support ticket.

Did the same, but haven't received a discount and wallet credit. Great.

I hope, I'll get even more benefits after support ticket.
The discount should show up under your coupons, and the wallet credit has to be added from a button on the monthly bundle purchase page. If you didn't get either of those, hopefully support fixes it

The discount should show up under your coupons, and the wallet credit has to be added from a button on the monthly bundle purchase page. If you didn't get either of those, hopefully support fixes it
Thanks! At least got the wallet funds before the sale encore ends.

Thank you so much for posting this. I was wondering where the $5 was! Even posted a support ticket.

Wait wait, if you cancel the monthly, you get five bucks? What?
People who cancelled (I guess after January) got an offer for 10% off and $5 for resubbing for the upcoming Feb bundle.

I cancelled hoping I might get the same offer for March, but downside is no 10% off Humble store if you buy there often.

I suspended my sub for a month instead of outright cancelling, which I now regret even more than purchasing any of these goddamned bundles.   :oldman:

People who cancelled (I guess after January) got an offer for 10% off and $5 for resubbing for the upcoming Feb bundle.

I cancelled hoping I might get the same offer for March, but downside is no 10% off Humble store if you buy there often.
Maybe they'll offer it again if people don't resub? I might actually want next month's headlining game. Seems like a really odd time to make the offer as I'd have thought XCom2 would be a popular title.

I cancelled today with the hopes of getting the 10% off and $5 bonus offer for next month and my discount is already gone. This after already being charged for February so it seems the discount disappears immediately.
If you mouse over the "i" on the Humble Monthly page the fine print reads "This 10% discount is only available to active Humble Monthly subscribers and expires when a user unsubscribes".

So if you want to keep the discount you probably don't want to cancel until a day or two before renewal.

bread's done
Back