Humble Bundle Thread

I haven't played Beyond Good and Evil yet, so I don't know if it's inferior to that or not, but i thought Enslaved was just alright. I finished the game but wasn't particularly impressed. Not a bad game, but not a really good game, either. I had read a lot about it being a really good and underrated game and just didn't feel it lived up to that. Worth a play but I'll never boot it back up

I haven't played Beyond Good and Evil yet, so I don't know if it's inferior to that or not, but i thought Enslaved was just alright. I finished the game but wasn't particularly impressed. Not a bad game, but not a really good game, either. I had read a lot about it being a really good and underrated game and just didn't feel it lived up to that. Worth a play but I'll never boot it back up
Beyond Good and Evil *is* a better all around game than Enslaved. The only place Enslaved might have an edge is in the voice acting and facil animations. But from gameplay to story to "emotion" and especially ending, BG&E is far superior. That being said, I liked Enslaved a lot. The ending is a big FU!, but getting there was interesting. The action/fights were pretty good and the story build-up was well paced. Perhaps if you are familiar with "Journey to the West" stories, it could be considered 'whatever', but I knew nothing about it coming in so it was good to me.

One thing though, there is practically no challenge in the platforming, even less so than Assassin's Creed. You always know exactly where to go as there is a shimmering handhold to guide you. I don't even remember having to activate Detective Mode/Eagle Vision/Listen Mode to make them appear. It's just like there. Still, I enjoyed my time with it. Never played the DLC though.

It was good enough to actually finish, but not really good enough to go back to try to find everything in the levels. I keep meaning to play the DLC.

Someone has to have good taste around here!
Good isn't in your vocabulary, though.

If any of the regulars dollared in early but gave no desire for the BTA I woukd be willung to buy the whole teir off of you. Please let me know via PM.

Edit: Done!

Last edited by a moderator:
BUYING

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - $0.50

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - $0.30

Pac Man 256 - $0.35

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst - $3.50

Tales of Zestiria - $5

Warhammer 40K: Endless Crusade - $1

Project Cars $1.60

Project Cars DLC Pack $3.40

I will buy any amount.

Tremendous. I'll sell you 10,000 copies of Enslaved, Ace Combat and Pac Man 256 at those prices.

I do the best deals. Everyone says so.

I got most of the games from the bundle but I still dipped $8 for it -.- , just for Warhammer, PROJECT CARS and Pac-man l0l

Hopefully the extra games will be worth it...

hoping for at least one of the following....

Tales of Symphonia (since Zestiria is in the bundle)

DragonBall xenoverse (they might as well right since the 2nd one is where people are interested in the most)

The 2nd Naruto game (since the third one is the most recent....) or the first one piece game

:X!

I got most of the games from the bundle but I still dipped $8 for it -.- , just for Warhammer, PROJECT CARS and Pac-man l0l

Hopefully the extra games will be worth it...

hoping for at least one of the following....

Tales of Symphonia (since Zestiria is in the bundle)

DragonBall xenoverse (they might as well right since the 2nd one is where people are interested in the most)

The 2nd Naruto game (since the third one is the most recent....) or the first one piece game

:X!
Love your optimism but the way Humble has been handling bundles lately, it'll probably be a repeat like Pac-Man Championship Edition (good game but a repeat)

OK.  After playing Pac-Man 256 it seems I'll need at least one more copy.  Maybe two.  My wife and son will want to play that one.

Thinking about getting a refund on Little King's Story to buy it on Humble for $8 (That includes the 10% discount and the $5 humble wallet). Will Lord Gaben make a big deal about it if I do that?

Thinking about getting a refund on Little King's Story to buy it on Humble for $8 (That includes the 10% discount and the $5 humble wallet). Will Lord Gaben make a big deal about it if I do that?
The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store.

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Was wondering why anyone would buy buying Little King's Story when it was so broken at launch.. turns out Durante fixed most of the optimization so it runs a lot better now, which I'm guessing is why SmashMan bought it. There are still game breaking bugs, so I think emulating the Wii version on PC is going to be a better experience than the Steam port at this point, but $8's not bad at all even just to support Xseed (although they did a bad job with this port and needed Durante to fix it for them..)

EDIT: Oh Deer is apparently the Humble Original for the new monthly bundle. I remember back when it was on Playstation Mobile, got pretty good reception back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3gB-4Ovi8

Was wondering why anyone would buy buying Little King's Story when it was so broken at launch.. turns out Durante fixed most of the optimization so it runs a lot better now, which I'm guessing is why SmashMan bought it. There are still game breaking bugs, so I think emulating the Wii version on PC is going to be a better experience than the Steam port at this point, but $8's not bad at all even just to support Xseed (although they did a bad job with this port and needed Durante to fix it for them..)

EDIT: Oh Deer is apparently the Humble Original for the new monthly bundle. I remember back when it was on Playstation Mobile, got pretty good reception back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO3gB-4Ovi8
Yea, that's pretty much why I got it. It runs pretty well on my computer with the fix. I would emulate the Wii version, but I hate mapping wiimote controls to an Xbox One controller.

It's always better to try things and not always go by what people say. I actually bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 and they both work fine with no problems except only one controller problem that I fixed.

Edit: I never got Oh Deer because lol PS Mobile, but at least I get to try it now, heard it was one of the best PS Mobile games.

It's always better to try things and not always go by what people say. I actually bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 and they both work fine with no problems except only one controller problem that I fixed.
MUA1 and 2 were BROKEN beyond belief with bugs and missing features upon release. There were a huge community backlash which force Marvel and Activi$ion to get their acts together. You have to thank those "people" for pushing for a game that "work fine with no problems"

Undertale is conveniently under the $5 threshold and the sale expires at 1PM Eastern tomorrow. Now what could Humble have going on at 1PM Eastern on Friday? 

:whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:k

My guess is they add the Arcade Game Series 3-in-1 Pack (Dig Dug, Galaga, and PAC-MAN) and Ms. PAC-MAN. Very rarely are any of the added games the following week of great value. Otherwise they'd be featured when the bundle is first revealed.

I bought those during the Steam Winter sale, you're welcome in advance!

This is my first monthly bundle, once it ends tomorrow will we immediately see what else we're getting for the month?
All of February's Humble Monthly games will be revealed tomorrow and we'll see the headlining game for March's Humble Monthly immediately as well. The rest of March's Monthly will be revealed on March 3rd, the first Friday of the next month.

My guess is they add the Arcade Game Series 3-in-1 Pack (Dig Dug, Galaga, and PAC-MAN) and Ms. PAC-MAN. Very rarely are any of the added games the following week of great value. Otherwise they'd be featured when the bundle is first revealed.

I bought those during the Steam Winter sale, you're welcome in advance!
Usually that's the case, but since the BTA has risen so much it'd be more profitable to reveal a good game, so that everyone who is on the fence has to beat a high average.

Usually that's the case, but since the BTA has risen so much it'd be more profitable to reveal a good game, so that everyone who is on the fence has to beat a high average.
But since people are obviously buying the higher tiers (hence why the BTA is so high) then whatever it is they're doing is already working so they really have no incentive to add anything good because why do that when you could just use that for the next bundle.

But since people are obviously buying the higher tiers (hence why the BTA is so high) then whatever it is they're doing is already working so they really have no incentive to add anything good because why do that when you could just use that for the next bundle.
Aren't the "soon the be revealed" games already pre-determined? Think about it, Humble sometimes makes deals with publishers to make a bundle of games from that publisher's games. The publisher probably says in advance what games it wants in the bundle. I think the week 2 releases are pre-determined.

Bleah.

I guess Ryse and ABZU are objectively okay but I own both so this month was largely a bust for me.

Edit: The other Steam titles seem okay although nothing I would have bought on my own.  Looks like Husk just released today?

Daaaaang, Total War Warhammer.  I already own it but it hasn't seen many discounts at all, picking it up for $12 or like $7 or $8 in the cesspool is a super steal.  I think I spent like $43 on it on release, its a fun game though.  Two great quality headliners in a row.

bread's done
Back