Humble Bundle Thread

FAKE REVIEWS STRIKE AGAIN!!!

3k4m8f3b2qdy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooo. I suddenly want husk. Now that there is a possibility that it'll get removed from the store, that is.

Granted, I haven't played it, but apparently It's like a 2 hour game, does it really have time to get repetitive?
Clearly long enough to lose my attention. So maybe? I dunno. Honestly, maybe it is a "2 hr" game if you swim directly from one room to the next (because that's all it is). But I looked around, checked out some of the fish, rode some of the fish, etc in each room. But either way.

Edit: HAH! Looked it up. 93 minutes played.

Interesting bundle: lots of good stuff... and then there's Husk. Worst Humble Monthly game ever?

I'm actually pretty happy with the bundle. Ryse is the only game I already owned and quite a few were wishlisted games.

So far I've played a bit of:

Okhlos - this is a quality game and I want to like it more than I actually do. Well, let me clarify... I do like it, but I don't think it will hold up well to repeat play, despite the fact that it has some rogue-like elements. The mob mechanic is quite funny and the whole game has a light atmosphere that is humorous without being cheesy. There's lots of stuff to upgrade and tweak, but I got pretty far just mashing buttons and it's a little hard to be precise with a mob. It may grow on me as I play through and it's definitely worth giving a shot.

Project Highrise - I played through the tutorial just to get the gist of the game. As a big fan of SimCity and other building/management games, I was pleasantly surprised. The UI is slick and intuitive (and fairly deep), which is important in this kind of game since you spend so much time with it. It's also easy to accomplish any task you set out to do. The one thing I don't know yet, given my short playtime, is the depth and accuracy of the simulation, but it's definitely not 2 Deep 4 U, if these kinds of games tend to put you off.

Steamworld Heist - I ended up liking this one a lot. I'm only a few levels in, but it's got a lot going for it. There aren't tons of 2D turn-based strategy games, for starters. This one looks very nice and is extremely easy to control. Since I'm just at the beginning of the game, I can't say much about the variety of level construction, but it seems reasonable so far. I've also run into an escape scenario fairly early in, which gives me hope that I won't just be clearing ships the exact same way over and over. If the idea of a 2D XCOM lite sounds good to you, then give it a look. 

Interesting bundle: lots of good stuff... and then there's Husk. Worst Humble Monthly game ever?
Pretty sure that title still belongs to Random Access Murder. That said, both games seem terrible enough that whichever adds cards will be the less terrible game. Humble should stick to debuts for studios they know do decent stuff.

Re: ABZU, I'm about an hour or so into it and I'm still enjoying myself very much. Such a gorgeous, tranquil game. You can also ride dolphins and whales up to the surface and do flips on them, which is kinda great.

Bandai-Namco unlocks are Attractio and ARCADE GAME SERIES 3-in-1 Pack.

Bandai-Namco unlocks are Attractio and ARCADE GAME SERIES 3-in-1 Pack.
Not bad, I was expecting a repeat and am pleastantly surprised to get 2 games not in my backlog

Star Wars bundle is bad though...

Yeah, Star Wars bundle is mostly repeats with some games that were super cheap regional buys last year.

$1.00 Tier
– Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
– Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
– Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter – Balance of Power Campaigns
– Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
– 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers

BTA Tier
– Star Wars Battlefront II
– Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
– Star Wars Starfighter
– Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
– STAR WARS: Rebel Assault I + II

$14.00 Tier
– Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
– Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
– STAR WARS: Rogue Squadron 3D
– Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
– Star Wars Empire At War: Gold Pack

So I never am much interested in gaming shirts or stuff like woot shirts, but that tiefighter vs. Xwing shirt is kinda cool. Cooler than the choices in the different tiers for sure.

I need Battlegrounds from the $1 tier, Rebel Assault from the BTA, and Rogue Squadron / Shadows of the Empire from the $14 tier.

Ugh. :|

At least the Bandai Namco BTA was okay.

I have Attractio from an old Groupees Greenlight.  Not sure the Arcade pack is enough to make it worth upping to BTA.  Guess it depends on how much I want Naruto.

Star Wars is almost all repeats.  Not only almost all repeats, but almost all repeats of stuff I've grabbed extras of already.

If I thought I could actually do a successful split I would buy the star wars bundle. Not sure I want to get stuck with the crap that has been bundled 3x now though.

So I never am much interested in gaming shirts or stuff like woot shirts, but that tiefighter vs. Xwing shirt is kinda cool. Cooler than the choices in the different tiers for sure.
That shirt is really tempting. If it were available separately I'd likely purchase it. Might need to look into a bundle split.

I've got a soft spot for Shadows of the Empire (it was maybe the 2nd or 3rd N64 game I ever owned), but that game was janky as hell even for its time. Not sure I wanna find out how it holds up today.

I somehow only have KOTOR from the first two tiers, so it's an easy BTA for me at $4.53.

And the Bandai Namco additions aren't appealing to me, so I'll stay at the dollar tier there.  If anybody wants to use my BTA, I locked it in at $5.61.

My guess is they add the Arcade Game Series 3-in-1 Pack (Dig Dug, Galaga, and PAC-MAN) and Ms. PAC-MAN.

I bought those during the Steam Winter sale, you're welcome in advance!
Well, I was half right. Too bad Ms. PAC-MAN wasn't thrown in as well, but it'll probably be in the next Bandai Namco bundle sometime in the next 12-15 months.

The first Bandai Namco bundle was back in August 2015 and featured PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition Bundle, Platformines, and DeadCore in the $1 tier. I can't believe it was THAT long ago.

I bought the first SW HB in full and just the $1 tier of the 2nd. I'm missing Rebel Assault I+II, Rogue Squadron 3D, and Shadows of the Empire.

Shadows of the Empire doesn't appear to have a Steam page. In fact I don't think that has been on Steam before (just GOG). ITAD confirms. So it's probably going to be released on Steam very soon.

I have a question about the mobile bundle that suddenly seems a tiny bit more relevant now.  Does anyone know if an entry level Braswell  Chromebook uses more battery playing a Linux port or an Android port?  

I have a feeling it may be a case by case kind of thing, so, more specifically:

Less battery drain with Linux or Android KOTR?  Shadowrun?

Hnnng how does Shadows of the Empire hold up? Tempted with that one.
I thought it was janky and pretty bad back then. Rogue Squadron really was what we wanted from the flying stages. I doubt it holds up, but if anyone plays go ahead and give a more recent opinion.

Hnnng how does Shadows of the Empire hold up? Tempted with that one.
The game runs a lot faster on a modern PC than it ever did back in the day. As a result, Dash moves a lot faster and can fly off ledges while you're trying to walk around. Otherwise, it's fine.

As far as game design goes, the 3D platforming is definitely a product of its time. There are some unforgiving jumps and some tight ones, and it's not always entirely clear where to go. It also has Doom style secret caches all over the place. If that sounds like your kind of thing, you'll probably be okay with it. The vehicle levels are basically the prototype for every flight level in a Star Wars game that came after. Hoth is great, the speeder bikes are okay, and the free-flight portions of the last level are great. Then there are two levels where you're locked in place and have to shoot ships coming in from all directions. They're terrible. The first one is pretty easy, but the second one is a gauntlet.

Personally, I enjoy the story of the game a lot more than the gameplay, but I can also see the reason why Shadows of the Empire is the prototype for all the Star Wars games that came after it. It tried a lot of things, and most of them worked to some degree.

bread's done
Back