Humble Bundle Thread

If anyone is grabbing the top game tier of the Humble and would be willing to help me out on getting that shirt, get in touch.

Also, my high score in Pac-Man 256 is a palindrome.

Send me $21. I'll order a shirt with the same design from a local screen printing place and ship it to you.
I suppose it wouldn't be hard to find a t-shirt printer that doesn't give a shit about IP rights, though that might not extend to wanting to test Disney.

Tremor has absolutely no clue on how to price their games appropriately.  KotOR 1 and 2 at 400 coins each? They could easily bump that to at least 1,000 and still run out in an hour or less.  Their schizophrenic pricing on the rest of the bundle is weird as well.

Humble Bundle Launches Multi-Platform Publishing & Funding Initiative

New initiative brings developers together with Humble’s over 10m customers; Humble will be evaluating games to publish during GDC and PAX East

San Francisco, CA February 9, 2017 – Humble Bundle announced the launch of a multi-platform publishing and funding initiative. The starting lineup includes seven games across a range of genres and styles, for PC, console, and mobile platforms.

A Hat in Time – The perfect ode to old-school 3D platformers, with a hat-swapping spin

HackyZack – A sticker-collecting, precision-platforming, puzzle-stunt game

Ikenfell – A heartwarming turn-based RPG about a school of magic and its troublesome students

Keyboard Sports – A cheeky adventure with Master QWERTY that uses the entire keyboard

No Truce with the Furies – An isometric role playing game that blends cop show antics with a genre busting “fantastic realism” setting, offering absurd new heights of non-combat gameplay for RPG fans

Scorn – Gripping first-person survival horror set in a nightmarish universe

Staxel – Grow your farm, meet the villagers, and join your friends online in building your world

Publishing Lead John Polson says, “Since Humble’s launch in 2010, we have earned the trust of over 10 million customers across our products. In a time when it’s harder than ever for games to find their audience, publishing feels like the next logical step in the services that we can offer to our developer partners.

"All of our games will be ‘presented by Humble Bundle,’ carrying a seal of quality and curation that fans have come to expect. For each aspect of publishing, developers can choose the services they need, making Humble Bundle a truly modern and adaptable publisher.”

Across Humble Bundle’s bundles, Store, Monthly subscription, and other developer services, they offer multiple ways to help devs create buzz and get to market.

Humble Bundle will be evaluating games to publish during GDC and PAX East. Developers can fill out this form if they have a game to present:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd2lIpBwyOuo2zyf3mfOtCQBD5ZGOJN68U0_OtXYXpTNE4kjA/viewform

Humble Freedom Bundle

$30 minimum for:

Games:

• The Witness (Steam or DRM Free)
  • Stardew Valley (Steam)
  • Subnautica (Early Access) (Steam)
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Steam)
  • Overgrowth (Early Access) (Steam)
  • Nuclear Throne (Steam)
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam)
  • Invisible, Inc. (Steam)
  • Super Meat Boy (Steam)
  • World of Goo (Steam)
  • Mushroom 11 (Steam)
  • No Time to Explain Remastered (Steam)
  • The Stanley Parable (Steam)
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (Steam)
  • Super Hexagon (Steam)
  • VVVVVV (Steam)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Steam)
  • The Swapper (Steam)
  • Thirty Flights of Loving (Steam)
  • Spirits (Steam)
  • Human Resource Machine (Steam)
  • ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS (Steam)
  • 2064: Read Only Memories (Steam)
  • A Virus Named TOM (Steam)
  • 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat (Steam)
  • Mini Metro (Steam)
  • Retro Game Crunch (Steam)
  • Tower of Guns (Steam)
  • Waking Mars (Steam)
  • Song of the Deep (Steam)
  • Monster Loves You! (Steam)
  • AI War: Fleet Command (Steam)
  • Sproggiwood (Steam)
  • Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora Deluxe (Steam)
  • Secrets of Rætikon (Steam)
  • Girls Like Robots (Steam)
  • Ellipsis (Steam)
  • Streamline (Early Access) (Steam)
  • Ninja Pizza Girl (Steam)
  • Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball (Steam)
Books:

• Information Doesn't Want To Be Free (Audiobook by Cory Doctorow, Neil Gaiman, Amanda Palmer, read by Wil Wheaton)
  • Walkaway: Chapter One Preview (Audiobook by Cory Doctorow, read by Wil Wheaton)
  • R in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (eBook)
  • The Boys Vol. 1: The Name of the Game (Issues #1-6)
  • A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff
  • The Smart Girl's Guide to Privacy: Practical Tips for Staying Safe Online
  • Violet Blue
  • Any Empire

Many of the games include DRM free versions, but The Swapper is either / or. This bundle will last seven days. I'm very interested in doing a split for this (I want the OSTs so I would rather do the purchase myself.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Freedom Bundle

$30 for many games including The Witness, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, and Invisible, Inc.

zk2w8tb.jpg

edit - Foxhack'd

Loads of good games, but loads of repeats. Stardew and Songs of the Deep are the only two that stand out (as ones I don't already have.)

Posting a trade while in a trading timeout is basically cutting your nose off to spite your face.
It would be nice to know why I'm in a trading timeout. I messaged the mod about it.

Edit: Doh, I messed up and messaged someone whom I thought was a mod. I'm going to have to get an answer as to why, because no reason was given, and I've never had an issue trading. Sucks :(

Some good stuff in this bundle but a lot of meh too, only want like 4 games from the whole thing. If anyone wants to split and doesn't want The Witness let me know!

I don't have Stardew Valley or Overgrowth and Overgrowth is one of those titles that I've had wishlisted forever but never gets a sale to warrant buying it.  So I might do it just to flip the ACLU thirty bucks.

The bundle seems like a terrible deal as a bundle. Most of these things that aren't repeats (and most are) will end up in monthlies at least. The only real reason to get this is for soundtracks (Foxhack) or to give a middle finger to Trump, which appears to be the point of it. 

The bundle seems like a terrible deal as a bundle. Most of these things that aren't repeats (and most are) will end up in monthlies at least. The only real reason to get this is for soundtracks (Foxhack) or to give a middle finger to Trump, which appears to be the point of it.
Agreed. As a bundle it doesn't seem that great but giving $30 to the ACLU seems like a solid idea atm.

Agreed. As a bundle it doesn't seem that great but giving $30 to the ACLU seems like a solid idea atm.
Yeah, this isn't just a middle finger. Right now, this seems like a smart idea.

Note that Humble has already hit their max of $300,000 matching contribution. Lots of people thought this one looked decent for reasons other than the content, I think.

That said, the content makes it a bit interesting. I just started playing Stardew Valley last night, and I was thinking about grabbing a second copy for my wife to play just this morning. Hmmm.

I can't even ME it, the only soundtrack included is for Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery. Though, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof does include a soundtrack via Steam, and it's pretty damn awesome, it still isn't in FLAC format, so poop.

So does being included in this bundle exclude a game from a Humble Monthly?  I want Subnautica and that fighting rabbitman game and The Witness don't seem bad either.  

Not sure how much hassle I want to deal with unloaded the rest of the stuff.  If I could give to regular charity I'd be all over it.  ACLU is cool, but I'm 100% in agreement with all their strategies.  

How do early access DRM free games work on Humble?  Do we get regular updates or the final build once it releases officially?  Tempted to sell both rabbitmanfighter ultra 2020 and The Witness and just playing the DRM Free versions.  But only if I could get a decent amount for each.  

So does being included in this bundle exclude a game from a Humble Monthly? I want Subnautica and that fighting rabbitman game and The Witness don't seem bad either.

Not sure how much hassle I want to deal with unloaded the rest of the stuff. If I could give to regular charity I'd be all over it. ACLU is cool, but I'm 100% in agreement with all their strategies.

How do early access DRM free games work on Humble? Do we get regular updates or the final build once it releases officially? Tempted to sell both rabbitmanfighter ultra 2020 and The Witness and just playing the DRM Free versions. But only if I could get a decent amount for each.
It looks like you could adjust the sliders to Doctor's without borders and/or IRC. The ACLU made more a few weekends ago than the entire year prior, so they are probably set anyway.

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2017/1/30/aclu-raised-6-times-more-money-weekend-they-normally-do-entire-year

So does being included in this bundle exclude a game from a Humble Monthly? I want Subnautica and that fighting rabbitman game and The Witness don't seem bad either.

Not sure how much hassle I want to deal with unloaded the rest of the stuff. If I could give to regular charity I'd be all over it. ACLU is cool, but I'm 100% in agreement with all their strategies.

How do early access DRM free games work on Humble? Do we get regular updates or the final build once it releases officially? Tempted to sell both rabbitmanfighter ultra 2020 and The Witness and just playing the DRM Free versions. But only if I could get a decent amount for each.
You have to choose between a DRM free copy of The Witness or a Steam key.

It looks like you could adjust the sliders to Doctor's without borders and/or IRC. The ACLU made more a few weekends ago than the entire year prior, so they are probably set anyway.

http://www.out.com/news-opinion/2017/1/30/aclu-raised-6-times-more-money-weekend-they-normally-do-entire-year
Yeah, I read about that. Might do the refugee charity if I do it.

You have to choose between a DRM free copy of The Witness or a Steam key.
Good to know! Throws a wrench in my plan, those cheeky bastards.

I'm donating to the ACLU so, when someone decides my Peruvian-born wife doesn't look American enough and asks for her papers, I can leverage the twin pillars of the ACLU and my white-guy status to sue for a million thousand dollars and retire to play my backlog.

bread's done
Back