Humble Bundle Thread

How is Beyond Earth? Kinda tempted to buy the pack for Beyond Earth.... it's been forever since I played a Civ game. Don't even think i picked up BNW for V
I like it so far, but it seems far more difficult to really delve into than Civ or Alpha Centauri (slow as hell start and, IMO, poor documentation on what things do what). But I have read that the DLC is terrific.

Yea, Civ II and Alpha Centauri are probably the best still, but they do have the fault of games taking even longer because of stacked units. Each move is like dozens of battles.
On the other hand, Civ II has the foreign advisor.

Sir, zere iz a technology called 'espionage' -- I zuggest you research eet...

Doesn't look like anything new for me, as most of the civilization games have been given in the previous bundle.

The only ones i've noticed are beyond earth dlc and Discount coupons for some of the civilization games. Woooo. 

If there is anything else that's new, i'd rather buy it on steam rather than buying the whole tier just for it.

Convince me to get humble monthly with my 10% off coupon even though last months grouping of game IMHO were lack luster.
Probably a fools errand. Last month was actually one of their better attempts, so if that struck you as lackluster, you're probably not going to be satisfied with anything that they'd manage to put together.

Convince me to get humble monthly with my 10% off coupon even though last months grouping of game IMHO were lack luster.
You can sell Total War Warhammer for close to full price of the bundle if you don't have much interest in it. It's going for around 6 CSGO keys on steamtrades atm if you find the right person.. probably the highest value monthly headliner yet.

I got in earlier when the BTA was a few dollars lower, so I think I will hold off on beyond earth at $15 given reviews.  Given the humble history, I expect in another 3 years, civ 6 will be the $15 tier and beyond earth will be the BTA, so I will get it all then.  And I can safely bet I will not even have redeemed the keys for these yet by then.

To be fair I'm judging it based off of the fact I don't know most the games maybe I'm wrong and last months was a great deal XCOM 2 and rise seem like the big stand outs although rise was just $5 on bundle stars around the same time I have seen advertisements for abzu but nothing more all the other games are foreign to me. I guess what I'm looking for is are in a typical month the other 8 obscure games overall played and enjoyed by you current subscribers?

To be fair I'm judging it based off of the fact I don't know most the games maybe I'm wrong and last months was a great deal XCOM 2 and rise seem like the big stand outs although rise was just $5 on bundle stars around the same time I have seen advertisements for abzu but nothing more all the other games are foreign to me. I guess what I'm looking for is are in a typical month the other 8 obscure games overall played and enjoyed by you current subscribers?
most people here only subscribe if the revealed game is worth it. usually bundles have 3-4 well known games and a couple hidden gems. last months was one of the better ones with x-com 2 and ryse being triple a games, abzu and steamworld heist are both big name indie games. ohklos project highrise and husk are the lesser known games, of which ive only played ohklos and thought it was meh. the best thing you could do is look at the games in past bundles and decide if the value is there. or if you want the headliner just plop down the $12, usually its a historically low on its own.

Just a heads up (didn't see it mentioned already): If you bought the July Monthly, you should now have a Steam key for the Humble Original game Copoka on your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't know most of those names then you aren't following PC games very closely. Often the games that aren't headliners are very well received and have some buzz behind them already. I try to install a couple out of every monthly and play them, personally.

Out of the last few, I can say some non-headliner highlights for me are::

February:

Steamworld Heist

Project Highrise

January:

Project Cars

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Neon Chrome

December:

Mordheim

The Escapists

November:

Broforce

Styx

In summary, there's good stuff in the bundles beyond the headliner, as long as you don't already own a bunch of them. All of the ones I mentioned are good. The only one of those that was even slightly under the radar for me was Neon Chrome, and I had already wishlisted it... I just didn't realize I'd enjoy it as much as I did.

I remember last month there was some discussion about how when you cancel your Humble Monthly subscription, you immediately lose your 10% Humble Store discount. Thankfully, it looks like this might have been changed.

I bought the March Monthly bundle and unsubbed shortly afterward. Despite this, the 10% discount still shows up when I add a game to my cart:

vuxh0do.png

FcOIJeV.png

There's still the warning on game pages that says you lose your discount when you unsub, so hopefully this isn't just a glitch.

I remember last month there was some discussion about how when you cancel your Humble Monthly subscription, you immediately lose your 10% Humble Store discount. Thankfully, it looks like this might have been changed.

I bought the March Monthly bundle and unsubbed shortly afterward. Despite this, the 10% discount still shows up when I add a game to my cart:

vuxh0do.png

FcOIJeV.png

There's still the warning on game pages that says you lose your discount when you unsub, so hopefully this isn't just a glitch.
I'll be sure to report this to Hamble right away. What's your email?

woa .. nice discount there
I know, right? I needed that extra dollar off to push me over the threshold.

I'll be sure to report this to Hamble right away. What's your email?
Don't worry, I already asked them about it and they confirmed that it's a glitch. Should be fixed by morning. For reporting it they offered me a 5% discount on the "Software for PC Lovers" bundle. Pretty sweet deal.

I know, right? I needed that extra dollar off to push me over the threshold.

Don't worry, I already asked them about it and they confirmed that it's a glitch. Should be fixed by morning. For reporting it they offered me a 5% discount on the "Software for PC Lovers" bundle. Pretty sweet deal.
You're a bad dude. No good, so sad. I'm sending the military to your house to deport you.

Just got a "Last chance to get 10% off March's Humble Monthly!" email. Already paid for it, though.
Got the same email...20 minutes before the autocharge went through.

I know people got some offers to resub last month, but is this a new thing: pay early to save 10%?

I know people got some offers to resub last month, but is this a new thing: pay early to save 10%?
I guess so. I'm not a new subscriber and I've never cancelled. Haven't received any other emails about this coupon.

I got the coupon despite getting last month's bundle and cancelling afterwards. I went ahead and clicked the "use coupon" button and still got charged $12. I entered a support ticket, so let's see how that goes.

Good for you. I got the email 20 minutes *after* the autosub deadline. Indeed, the very next minute, I received the "Payment successful" email.

How long does Humble support usually take? I sent in something a few days ago and have no response.
I sent them a message over a week ago. Still waiting. I got an email a couple of days ago saying all support is busy, which is something I expect to hear after I've been on hold for 15 minutes, not after a week with no email response.

Apparently the "last chance" humble monthly 10% email is a sham.  I haven't bought a monthly in...well...months, went to use the coupon and it still tried to charge me $12.

I want mah $1.20 off!!!

They have Frog Climbers for only three dollars!  And Sim... Iranian... Revolution?

Also, the description for She Remembered Caterpillars contains the phrase "fungipunk aesthetic" which makes me want to drown a bag of kittens.

How is Starpoint Gemini? Looks a little like Star trek tactical assault(?) From the PSP and DS.. It's on sale for under $3, and the sequel is under $7.

How is Starpoint Gemini? Looks a little like Star trek tactical assault(?) From the PSP and DS.. It's on sale for under $3, and the sequel is under $7.
get the 2nd one. The first one is buggy and broken and just plain SUCK!

the 2nd is a vast improvement over the 1st

I got an email offering me to resubscribe but no discount or $5...poo!

When is the last day I can resubscribe?  I still want to buy it and sell off Total Warhammer. 

Humble Arma Bundle

$1 for:

• Arma: Cold War Assault
  • Arma: Gold Edition
  • Arma Tactics
BTA for:

• Arma 2
  • Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Arma 2: British Armed Forces
  • Arma 2: Private Military Company
  • Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic

$15 or more for: