Humble Bundle Thread

Hi all. :D

Question:

If I pay for six months of the Humble Monthly Bundle now, can I immediately set my account to automatically non-renew...?  (I'm not sure where my finances will be in November and I'm concerned I'll forget to formally cancel then.)

I see that I can "cancel" my subscription, but I'm concerned that if I do that I will be effectively ending my membership five months early.  (i.e. paying $70+ for one month)

My thread search for "non-renew" came up empty, so I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. :D

Question:

If I pay for six months of the Humble Monthly Bundle now, can I immediately set my account to automatically non-renew...? (I'm not sure where my finances will be in November and I'm concerned I'll forget to formally cancel then.)

I see that I can "cancel" my subscription, but I'm concerned that if I do that I will be effectively ending my membership five months early. (i.e. paying $70+ for one month)

My thread search for "non-renew" came up empty, so I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks in advance.
In situations like this, I like to put a date on my google calendar that says "CANCEL DAT SHIT" so I don't forget

I'm paranoid about cancelling early too

Until I go full on stupid and buy the $15 tier for that game that looks interesting but will get backlogged like everything else.  Then it will go up a penny.

HIB 18

Quite a few repeats. Owlboy at $13 is a good deal, so expect BTA to be high the entire time.

$1

Ziggurat

Windward

Steamworld Heist

BTA

Kentucky Route Zero - Season Pass Edition - WTF is the season pass edition, what was that shit in the monthly then?

Beholder (lol)

Goat Simulator GOATY (all DLC included)

+ unlocks next week

$13

Owlboy

Hmm I want Owlboy & don't own Goat Sim or Ziggurat. Probably will wait to see what gets added.

ufff, Ziggurat, Beholder, and Owlboy are on the wishlist.  Own everything else.  Probably will have to stupid tier this one anyway.

Really want Owlboy, but the BTA is full of games I either already have (KR0), have played and hated (Goat Simulator), or am simply not interested in (Beholder). It's either a $1 buy or a $13 buy at this point.

Aw.  I missed the low price at opening it seems.

Owlboy is tempting, but not $13 tempting.  Goat Simulator is a want, especially with all the DLC, but the additions next week will need to be fantastic to make the BTA worth it.  I have the other two from the BTA.  (Beholder, BTW, is really worth playing if you haven't yet done so.)

The dollar tier is solid, though, even if I do have Steamworld Heist.  I actually may need to find extra copies of Windward.

The dollar tier is solid, though, even if I do have Steamworld Heist. I actually may need to find extra copies of Windward.
I had lots of fun with Windward, although it can get a bit repetitive, most of the game is sailing back and forth trading so you can make enough to upgrade your ship & advance to the next zone. Multiplayer worked well enough, think our group got bored rather quickly during the bronight event, but i'd be willing to revisit.

Worth it for Owlboy, technically I didn't own any of the games on steam. Also got Little Racers Street for redeeming Ziggurat I think.

By the by, if anyone wants a charity besides EFF and Child's Play, I humbly (no pun intended) offer ACT Today which offers grants for medical and therapeutic services to families with children on the autism spectrum.

Didn't mention it last time because it was St. Jude's but meh to EFF as a charity.

Hmm. The $1 Tier looks good. I'm missing both Windward and Ziggurat.

Not crazy about the BTA tier. I missed the Beholder giveaway and I don't own all of the Goat Sim DLC, but it's still an overpriced tier. Plus banking on a great 2nd week of unlocks is never a sane strategy*.

*Unless you're either new to PC gaming or not a game hoarder.

So activating Ziggurt does in fact give you Little Racers STREET as well, and if you already own it you get a Steam gift added to your inventory. I wonder if that's intentional or not. Both games have the same Developer / Publisher. Most people already own it, but I guess that's cool.

So activating Ziggurt does in fact give you Little Racers STREET as well, and if you already own it you get a Steam gift added to your inventory. I wonder if that's intentional or not. Both games have the same Developer / Publisher. Most people already own it, but I guess that's cool.
It was early access bonus, so they used keys for wrong package.

Got $1 tier -- all of it is games that interest me.  BTA, not so much unless they add something appealing in a week.  Well, Beholder looks kind of neat but 30 minutes of playing Goat Sim on a free weekend was enough to convince me I have zero interest in paying money for it.

Have a $5.88 BTA tab open that I'm not going to use. If anyone wants it at cost (I'd have to gift it to you), PM me.

EDIT: Gone

Bit too many monthly repeats...plus I got Owlboy in sale (yeah really wanted to support the developer). Think I just want Beholder....but own most of the rest. Ziggurat is awesome that I got during the last decent Steam sale (it still had flash sales and votes and such).

I think I've talked about it in the past, but Steamworld Heist is definitely worth a play. It's very much a 2D XCOM type of game, but with a goofy personality all its own. It's not deep at all (read: easy to get into), but it does hit on those same strategy/turn-based notes.

The dollar tier worked for me as both the other two games were on my wishlist. Owlboy looks like it could be fun, but it's a little overpriced considering I own most of the BTA stuff.

I got a Mexico + SA restricted gift.

fuck you, Valve.
trump-laughing.jpg

This wouldn't be horrible if it weren't for the humble monthlys...steamworld heist and krz are repeats. So basically the only games in this bundle i want are ziggurat and owlboy. I guess the good news is I'll either be buying the 13 dollar tier or the 1 dollar so don't need to worry about getting a good price, maybe some decent reveals will make the bundle more interesting. Otherwise probably buy it for a buck and wait for owlboy to be rebundled. 

This wouldn't be horrible if it weren't for the humble monthlys...steamworld heist and krz are repeats. So basically the only games in this bundle i want are ziggurat and owlboy. I guess the good news is I'll either be buying the 13 dollar tier or the 1 dollar so don't need to worry about getting a good price, maybe some decent reveals will make the bundle more interesting. Otherwise probably buy it for a buck and wait for owlboy to be rebundled.
It's a good thing Humble monthlies are invariably bad! Let's me pick and choose the good games in future $1 tiers.

bread's done
Back