Humble Bundle Thread

Thats why I bought it............... does that make me weird?
JQB7k.gif

I keep going back and forth between $15 tier and $1 tier. Guess I will wait till next week and see what they add. As mentioned there really isn't much for them to add other than Colin McCrap Rally, Grid Autosport, and Grid 2 Car Unlock Pack. I was thinking if I could get $5 for Dirt Rally the top tier looks less than terrible. Would probably play F1 for a few hours which is more than I can say about most games I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep going back and forth between $15 tier and $1 tier. Guess I will wait till next week and see what they add. As mentioned there really isn't much for them to add other than Colin McCrap Rally, Grid Autosport, and Grid 2 Car Unlock Pack. I was thinking if I could get $5 for Dirt Rally the top tier looks less than terrible. Would probably play F1 for a few hours which is more than I can say about most games I buy.
Don't let the coupons fool you, they are gonna add F1 2017 and Dirt 4 to the bundle.

Grid Autosport must be what I meant as that is not in this bundle at this time and don't you worry there is a track full of DLC for it too. I honestly would consider this bundle if it actually had Dirt 4 in it instead of a doofy coupon. December 1st is just around the corner and hopefully the December bundle will have something to make up for H1Z1. Granted the August 2016 bundle didn't so who knows at this point. 

Grid Autosport must be what I meant as that is not in this bundle at this time and don't you worry there is a track full of DLC for it too. I honestly would consider this bundle if it actually had Dirt 4 in it instead of a doofy coupon. December 1st is just around the corner and hopefully the December bundle will have something to make up for H1Z1. Granted the August 2016 bundle didn't so who knows at this point.
Well, I think you can reasonably expect Dirt 4 to headline a monthly in the next 6 months or so. It seems to be less liked than Rally was/is.

Well, I think you can reasonably expect Dirt 4 to headline a monthly in the next 6 months or so. It seems to be less liked than Rally was/is.
If you own the rest of the Dirt series you can buy it for less than 20 bucks on Steam right now. They really shouldn't wait too many more month or it won't be a good headliner.

I've been waiting for it to be bundled soon too. There have been a bunch of 60% off sales for it and it wouldnt have surprised me to see it in this bundle but I guess with the coupon it wont be. I'm not sure how much I'd play it over Dirt Rally so Im not in a rush to buy it even at 60% off.

If you own the rest of the Dirt series you can buy it for less than 20 bucks on Steam right now. They really shouldn't wait too many more month or it won't be a good headliner.

$21.59 for me. How is it less than $20?
Not sure if this would work, but if you use the 60% off coupon from Humble Bundle and then stack the 10% off for monthly subscribers, it would be the same price as steam but you'd get 5% humble wallet back.... if anyone needs the coupon for that or F1 2017 let me know as Im sure they will get these discounts again for Winter Sale.

There's gonna be one of those Yogscast bundles starting tomorrow. $35

https://www.reddit.com/r/Yogscast/comments/7gn794/jingle_jam_charity_livestreams_2017_schedule_and/

New games added daily.

First day is shit everyone already has AND SOME UNIQUE Team Fortress 2 BADGES!!

Rust
Garry's Mod
Dungeon of the Endless
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut
Had to look up the 2016 one to see what all the complaining was about as the last time I paid attention to a Humble & Yogscast team up was during the yogscast heart of gold kerfuffle. Redeeming option is being able to buy in at any point during the 30 days despite potential limited keys.

So in the end if you had to choose one to gamble on, would it be three months of Humble Monthly or the 2017 Jingle Jam?

So in the end if you had to choose one to gamble on, would it be three months of Humble Monthly or the 2017 Jingle Jam?
Humble monthly for sure. Yogscast and their bundles are terrible. That didn't stop me from buying the Yogscast Sonic Racing Transformed DLC though.. I mainly use that whenever I want to annoy people.

BTW this might be in the bundle, releases tomorrow.

The Jingle Jams are for fake-gamers who are more into gaming culture than they are into actual quality games.  Looking at the 2016 Jingle Jam I can see maybe one or two games I'd be happy to get in 2016 -- a lot of the titles are around 4+ years old and had already been bundled or sold ludicrously cheap prior to the promotion.  2015 wasn't much better.  If you want to give $30 to charity do it locally and don't give these mopes any additional publicity.

There's a remastered version out called MudRunner, I would have suggested waiting for that to be cheap instead of Spintires.

I think the 50% off loyalty discount for owning the original might still be active too
Aww, looks like I just missed it, but I wouldn't have bought at $15.

I've only been buying bundles here and there for the past couple of years, and it's definitely made bundles like this Codemasters one easier to decide on.

Anywho, I've got a spare Humble gift for F1 2012. If anyone wants it, the first person to quote this gets it.

Yogscast is nothing but a half-assed publicity stunt that Humble elitist pseudo-gamer neckbeards shame others for not buying cuz "MUH y u h8 charity." People who buy it aren't doing it for charity or for actual content, they're doing it for some esoteric status symbol. It's like buying a regular bundle for $300 because you can and because you want your name on the list of top contributors--which most people don't even look at, and if they do, it's to laugh incredulously at how stupid the top contributors are. There are plenty of other ways to promote your internet presence and gain and interact with followers than spending double MSRP on a group of DRM keys you didn't even choose yourself and letting Humble write it off on their taxes.

I hope nobody buys this. You can say "but itz 4 char1ty y do u h8 da orfenz" all you want, but realize that you could've donated anytime to any charity and don't need a third-party service like Humble to make that decision for you. Buying Yogscast is an endorsement of the practice of offering lower quality content under the guise of philanthropy and reduces further potential quality.

And that doesn't even take into account the toxic trend and absolutely shitty marketing tactic of pressuring you into buying early without telling you what's going to be in it because ZOMG KEYZ R LIMITURD.

Yogscast is nothing but a half-assed publicity stunt that Humble elitist pseudo-gamer neckbeards shame others for not buying cuz "MUH y u h8 charity." People who buy it aren't doing it for charity or for actual content, they're doing it for some esoteric status symbol. It's like buying a regular bundle for $300 because you can and because you want your name on the list of top contributors--which most people don't even look at, and if they do, it's to laugh incredulously at how stupid the top contributors are. There are plenty of other ways to promote your internet presence and gain and interact with followers than spending double MSRP on a group of DRM keys you didn't even choose yourself and letting Humble write it off on their taxes.

I hope nobody buys this. You can say "but itz 4 char1ty y do u h8 da orfenz" all you want, but realize that you could've donated anytime to any charity and don't need a third-party service like Humble to make that decision for you. Buying Yogscast is an endorsement of the practice of offering lower quality content under the guise of philanthropy and reduces further potential quality.

And that doesn't even take into account the toxic trend and absolutely shitty marketing tactic of pressuring you into buying early without telling you what's going to be in it because ZOMG KEYZ R LIMITURD.
aRA6HPE_d.jpg

Let's be frank--nobody buys bundles for charidee. People buy bundles for cheap games. At least the vast majority of people who pay any attention to bundles do so for this reason. A few pennies of the payment going to a charity of some sort is more-or-less a happy accident. I don't think the Yogscast bundles are any better or worse than any of the other random $30 bundles in that context.

OTOH, I completely agree with this. If you think your bundle is so good that people should be willing to slap down $20, $30, or $45 for it, then tell people what's in it, and get the same number of keys for all of the games in it to avoid all of this nonsense. Yes, there's a tiny chance I'll buy this bundle, but I suspect the vast majority, including myself, will just watch the trash thread for pieces of the bundle that people are selling off.

Yogscast is garbage and can go pound walnuts. The only positive thing out of the last Yogscast bundle was that I managed to sell one of the DLC mounts on eBay for $20 or $25 and largely make up for the cost of that shit bundle.

"Charity" isn't an excuse for mediocrity. If someone sells you a ticket to a charity ball and it turns out of be bologna sandwiches served in a storage container with a radio playing in the corner, you have a legitimate right to bitch about it despite "...But charity!". If someone charges you $10 for a charity car wash and they pour a Solo cup of water over your hood and move you along, the problem isn't on you for feeling cheated.

I don't think the Yogscast bundles are any better or worse than any of the other random $30 bundles in that context.
Nah, it was garbage. Half the days were F2P shit and the other half were $3.99 games that had been rebundled ten times over. At least one of the days was DLC for a game where you didn't even get the base game. Compare it to the Humble Freedom bundle which gave you The Witness, Stardew Valley, Invisible Inc, etc. Sure, it had filler as well but no insulting F2P packs, badges and crap like that.

Thank goodness this runs until Christmas, because why rip the band-aid off in one swift pull and reveal all the games immediately when you can stretch out the pain and disappointment over 25 days?

Rust is STILL in early access?

Anyway, 20 min to go to the exciting reveals in the monthly and for yet another disappointing early unlock!

And just to keep the running tally for the Jingle Jam:

Rust - 2013 (and still not finished)

Dungeon of the Endless - 2014 (and doesn't include the plethora of DLC)

QUBE - 2014

Garry's Mod - 2006

Didn't one of the DLC items from the last Yogscast bundle wind up having resale value of more than $35 by itself? Not that anyone should buy this one because of that.

And just to keep the running tally for the Jingle Jam:

Rust - 2013 (and still not finished)

Dungeon of the Endless - 2014 (and doesn't include the plethora of DLC)

QUBE - 2014

Garry's Mod - 2006
And these are the "door busters" to entice people to buy the rest blind. This will be the high point of the bundle.

WTF is still playing Rust these days?

Strafe is a pretty good unlock, the rest are meh to me.  On the fence on this month's early unlocks.  Long Dark is interesting but the others are just generic ak-shun trash.

Very meh on this month's unlocks as well. I already own Strafe. I enjoy it honestly and it's better after they patched it up a bit. Sexy Brutale I almost got from Bundlestars...so I can get the mid point of that bundle if I want. The rest.....meh. I get BlazeBlue on Sony Systems, I really don't want a Super Smash Bros inspired game, and other game....eh.

Next months early unlocks are excellent. I've been wanting to play Quantum Break after mysterd raved about it and posted about a billion screenshots from it.

You're welcome:

- I bought Sexy Brutale on Steam during the Black Friday sale. I refunded when the Fanatical Bundle hit, I ended up not buying the high tier of that and its in the Monthly.

- I bought Nex Machina on Steam during the Black Friday sale. I just refunded lol.

Good timing for me, but fuck I gotta stop the impulse purchase :D

I'm trying to get a feel for the gameply of Quantum Break... skipping through a Let's Play and every time I stop it's a cutscene...

bread's done
Back