Humble Bundle Thread

Damn already had Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs but with the 3 early unlocks and the rest it was worth it to me and the Humble Original looks promising

I'm fine with the reveals, but I guess I expected them to be not amazing given the three early unlocks.
I didn't expect them to be great either.. but damn.. Tomb Raider? I didn't expect them to bundle something that was already in a cheap bundle and came out in 2013 and not include the DLC

Last edited by a moderator:
Is civ 6 worth getting, if I already have Civ 5 + all the DLC? Or are they still just pretty similar?
It has some significant differences and I liked it well enough but, like Civ IV and Civ V, probably won't come into its own until it has a few expansions. I'd say the base game is easily worth the $12 but if you're not really going to play it any time in the next year then maybe you should just wait on the inevitable Complete Edition in 2019 (or whenever)

Is civ 6 worth getting, if I already have Civ 5 + all the DLC? Or are they still just pretty similar?
Meh...I'll probably not pause my subscription.....but you know they're gonna come out with 300+DLC for VI...and then there will be a complete VI pack...that will be $7.50 in a year or two....

Even with crap unlocks, the value is still there.

Cursed Castilla is a good get; no wonder it wasn't heavily discounted during winter sale. Mr shifty and Hiveswap ep1 look good, too.

that Tomb Raider and sleepy dogs tho.

I kinda regret not signing up for a year with that deal now, but at the same time I don't have time to play any of these games. Civ 6 is something I'd totally be happy with if I was already signed up, but I haven't really played a Civ game since 2, so I'm fine not signing up for this month.

Meh...I'll probably not pause my subscription.....but you know they're gonna come out with 300+DLC for VI...and then there will be a complete VI pack...that will be $7.50 in a year or two....
The only ones that matter are the major, rule-changing expansions and the new civilizations packs. Does anyone actually play the scenarios or use the DLC maps? I mean, I'm sure someone does, but those were always easy skips for me.

I almost splurged on Hiveswap during the sale.  Looks like a neat adventure game.

Mr Shifty and Cursed Castilla look fun.

I feel people would be happier about this bundle if it only had one early unlock and saved two of them for the reveal.

I'd been skipping the Sleeping Dogs remake myself.  I'd even picked up DLC for the base game after the base game was no longer for sale.  It's a fantastic game, but I don't think I really need the new edition.

Civilization 6 DLC is way overpriced. I almost bought the deluxe version -22% on GMG because it would have costed me more to get them separately even on sale at GMG. The new expansion comes out early February. It's an OK game, but honestly like most vanilla Civilization games gets old fairly fast. I am looking forward to the expansion though. Only game broken beyond belief at the time, that I played, was Civilization 3. It was so hard to expand and the towers of units got old. Still played it to death, with Civilization 4 + expansions being the last one I played a lot of.

The only ones that matter are the major, rule-changing expansions and the new civilizations packs. Does anyone actually play the scenarios or use the DLC maps? I mean, I'm sure someone does, but those were always easy skips for me.
Which is why Im hoping they've changed that with 6

I bought into the deluxe edition on release (had to blow that wallet on something) and havent really touched it. But so far all of the DLC have been new civ packs, not a scenario only one so far save for the vikings which I think was just sort of throwaway they had sitting around, since they havent done another one yet

Hopefully they finally realized no one cares about scenario packs, so if you're going to make a dlc, may as well make it one with a new civ

Which is why Im hoping they've changed that with 6

I bought into the deluxe edition on release (had to blow that wallet on something) and havent really touched it. But so far all of the DLC have been new civ packs, not a single dumb scenario so far

Hopefully they finally realized no one cares about scenario packs, so if you're going to make a dlc, may as well make it one with a new civ
I played a ton of scenarios for Civ 2, both official ones and player-created.

i-dont-know-what-i-expected-gif-10.gif

Second time in three months that they've included two older AAA games from the same publisher (Dead Rising 2 and RE 5 back in November). Get ready for Arkham Origins and Mortal Kombat X in March.

I almost splurged on Hiveswap during the sale. Looks like a neat adventure game.

Mr Shifty and Cursed Castilla look fun.

I feel people would be happier about this bundle if it only had one early unlock and saved two of them for the reveal.

I'd been skipping the Sleeping Dogs remake myself. I'd even picked up DLC for the base game after the base game was no longer for sale. It's a fantastic game, but I don't think I really need the new edition.
Well, I think people would be happier if they hadn't rebundled ancient games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider. Yes, they're both good games but they've been bundled several times already, so it feels like they're just sweeping the basement floor, to steal someone else's simile/metaphor.

I had not upgraded Sleeping Dogs to the newest edition, so that was cool.  I listed Hiveswap as a title that I thought would get bundled soon.  Tomb Raider generic as a monthly unlock is meh but a good game for anyone that has not played it.  Some of the others like fun.  Civ as a headliner - you either like Civ games or not.

SD and TR are disappointing to us for obvious reasons but honestly this is a great monthly for someone newish to PC gaming, so there is that at least.  The other three games were all on my wishlist - after I cut it down to a reasonable size.  So I am pretty happy.  I almost bought Hiveswap and Mr Shifty during the Steam sale.

Cursed Castilla and Mr. Shifty seems like decent unlocks. Hooray for Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs, maybe there will be 1-2 humans left on earth who don't have them and will pay a dollar. 

Civ 6 would be a fantastic early title, but I bought Civ 5 about 4 years ago and have still not played it. 

I already have the DE for Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs, but this still ended up being a solid month for me.

Mr. Shifty was on my waitlist. Plus, quick backlog math says that I might play Quantum Break and The Long Dark for at least 4 minutes within the next 10-20 years.

Been debating buying sleeping dogs definitive for awhile but I have the original plus most of the dlc so I don't know if there is any reason to add the same game to my account twice.

If you count the early unlocks this was a great month and civ vi is a much better unlock than quake champions or h1z1.

I'm content with December's overall bundle value. I kept Quantum Break (wishlist), Mr. Shifty (wishlist), Hiveswap, and Cursed Castilla (I loved playing Ghost 'n Goblins, Wizards and Warriors, etc... on the NES). While I would've preferred to have seen something in place of Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs at least those two won't show up in a Monthly again (Right? Right!?!). I ended up getting the four games I kept for essentially nothing after selling off the rest of the bundle. So I'll chalk this Monthly up to a win.

While I would've preferred to have seen something in place of Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs at least those two won't show up in a Monthly again (Right? Right!?!).
Tomb Raider (vanilla) and Sleeping Dogs DE will show up again - in a Square Humble bundle instead of other titles.

Mr. Shitty, y no free.

Also lol at Tomb Raider 2013 without DLC. If it had DLC, I would've bought just for DLC, so I can buy to Eidos bundle on Steam.

Overall it's an okay bundle.  I actually never got Tomb Raider so for the $5ish I sunk into Long Derp and the fodder after selling off the other two games it's worth a play.  Will dump unwanted keys on Steam feed.

If you're a Civ fan, you'll play it now (and not in 6-12+ months when the new expansion will be 50% off), and you liked civ5, its worth the $12. As others have said, the dlc is civ packs and overpriced. They gotta make extra dlc bucks getting you to buy civs that have been in the earlier games for decades I guess. I'm not a fan of civ5 and I haven't been impressed enough with 6 to spend more than 5 hours with it. Civ4 which I didn't really get into until the gold edition is the last great civ game IMHO.

Maybe I'll roll the dice this month anyway for the dlc. Is it seperate codes? A cheap form of gambling and I'm coming off the high of $12 for 4 games I wanted (dow3 which is worth no more than $12 for so many reasons) or semi wanted aka the other two headliners and sleeping dogs. You'd think I'd have learned over the last year after a few bad burns with games I'd already bought but not played or played much. Civ6 being one of them along with stellaris and tw warhammer.

If you're a Civ fan, you'll play it now (and not in 6-12+ months when the new expansion will be 50% off), and you liked civ5, its worth the $12. As others have said, the dlc is civ packs and overpriced. They gotta make extra dlc bucks getting you to buy civs that have been in the earlier games for decades I guess. I'm not a fan of civ5 and I haven't been impressed enough with 6 to spend more than 5 hours with it. Civ4 which I didn't really get into until the gold edition is the last great civ game IMHO.

Maybe I'll roll the dice this month anyway for the dlc. Is it seperate codes? A cheap form of gambling and I'm coming off the high of $12 for 4 games I wanted (dow3 which is worth no more than $12 for so many reasons) or semi wanted aka the other two headliners and sleeping dogs. You'd think I'd have learned over the last year after a few bad burns with games I'd already bought but not played or played much. Civ6 being one of them along with stellaris and tw warhammer.
Yeah, Civ VI and the two DLC's are 3 separate codes...

They gotta make extra dlc bucks getting you to buy civs that have been in the earlier games for decades I guess.
That's a little unfair. Civilization IV, V & VI all include 18 civilizations in their base game. They stir the pot from title to title by adding or subtracting select nations so each game isn't the same people but they're not holding back.

To finish out the chart, Civilization III had 16 civs, Civ2 has 21 and the original had 14.

In all pleased with what was delivered in the Jan bundle for the price of admission. Yeah yeah everyone has TR-2013 at this point and possibly Sleepy Dogs, but getting the complete addition is a nice bonus over the base. Considering the three early unlocks this was a great bundle for someone building up a new library. Feb early unlock is solid and I had had my eye on that game but also could mean garbage is waiting in the wings. Not sure how HB budgeting works for their monthly bundles but hopefully they are not blowing their budget on the good stuff this first quarter.

Never heard of Cursed Castilla EX until the other week and now I have two copies. One from HB and one from Twitch Prime. Uh... thanks I guess?

Played an hour of Cursed Castilla and yep, this is Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts alright. Not nearly as punishing thanks to a steady framerate, friendlier jumping mechanics and a save system, but everything else is spot on. If you want a modern Super GnG, this is it.

Feb early unlock is solid and I had had my eye on that game but also could mean garbage is waiting in the wings. Not sure how HB budgeting works for their monthly bundles but hopefully they are not blowing their budget on the good stuff this first quarter.
In reviewing the MSRP of the current and past 2 monthly bundles, the range is $150-205. The MSRP of Civ with the DLCs is $70. Yes, solid headliner (if you like Civ games), but the rest of the bundle is always up in the air. This month had some decent unlocks while Nov unlock include Shadow Tactics which several people including myself thought was better than the headliners.

I think a lot of people are concerned about quality decreasing with IGN. The next several bundles will be telling as to the direction that humble is going. Hopefully, the report that IGN wants Humble wants Humble to just remain Humble is what happens.

I've eyeballed Sleepy Dogs DE quite a few times (Yes I y no wen) and I get to knock a couple of games off my wishlist. Tomb Raider is nice for the 1% of the people I know that don't own it. You know damn well though that they didn't feature it for that very reason.

They've effectively slipped a gift-wrapped brick into our piles of Christmas presents.

This month had some decent unlocks while Nov unlock include Shadow Tactics which several people including myself thought was better than the headliners.
Shadow Tactics.

Daaaammmmnnn have I ever enjoyed playing that game! If anyone is remotely interested, drop whatever you're playing and move it on up onto your playlist.

Well, I think people would be happier if they hadn't rebundled ancient games like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider. Yes, they're both good games but they've been bundled several times already, so it feels like they're just sweeping the basement floor, to steal someone else's simile/metaphor.
Sure, I'd be happier with that. Doesn't mean that people wouldn't somehow feel happier with more unlocks even if that meant less early headliners.

In reviewing the MSRP of the current and past 2 monthly bundles, the range is $150-205. The MSRP of Civ with the DLCs is $70. Yes, solid headliner (if you like Civ games), but the rest of the bundle is always up in the air. This month had some decent unlocks while Nov unlock include Shadow Tactics which several people including myself thought was better than the headliners.

I think a lot of people are concerned about quality decreasing with IGN. The next several bundles will be telling as to the direction that humble is going. Hopefully, the report that IGN wants Humble wants Humble to just remain Humble is what happens.
I mean, Humble being Humble has a long history, and there are an awful lot of warts to see. IGN has plenty of room for things we might not like while still having Humble remain Humble.

I'm still stoked about the Humble MangaGamer bundle. The one where I got Higurashi. So happy about that.

You plebs who buy the monthly know better. Seriously. You do know better. And now finally, they have an appropriate game in the bundle called Mr. Shitty. Maybe now you're definitively learn not to buy an unrevealed bundle for $12.

I'm sure Cursed Castilla's good and all, but it was destined to get bundled as soon as it was released on Steam. There was a freeware version of it available for years and then the dev released an "extended" version on steam. I have no idea what features were added, but I never would've bought it even for a dollar.

Mr. Shifty's probably the highlight for me out of the reveals but it's another game I'd never have bought.. cuz of tinyBuild. I bet these were the only devs/publishers that were willing to be included in a January monthly this time around due to the steam refund policy so that could be why the reveals were so disappointing.

I bet these were the only devs/publishers that were willing to be included in a January monthly this time around due to the steam refund policy so that could be why the reveals were so disappointing.
Speak for yourself, I for one was hoping for a second copy of tomb raider

Didn't Foxhack buy Sleeping Dogs Definitive on steam the other day? lol. I got it when it was glitched on the Ubi store. Worst reveals for me in a long time, but I guess this had to happen at some point.
Then's when I also got SD: Definitive.

And I still haven't touched it.

SD (original version) was awesome. Base-game, that is. Didn't have any of the DLC's for the SD Old Version.

Yes, the rock called "I don't buy shitty games but will play them when they come in bundles."
I think the surprise is that Tomb Raider 2013 was bundled before. This reminds me though that I think Square's Last Humble Bundle was Jan 2016. Ok, Square, roll out another HB to have Just Cause 3 (given away basically to Playstation players), Life is Strange, Final Fantasy, Deus Ex MD, etc.

It's been bundled twice before. One of those times it was the GOTY edition. It's a very good game.
I checked when I added it to my account: 2013 - I had Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider and Hitman. It was an Amazon Tony bundle deal. Darn it, I wish Tony was still around to get everyone some great deals again.

bread's done
Back