Humble Bundle Thread

Don't most Rockstar games have eight layers of DRM on top of Steam like SecuRom and Social Club and Pee In This Cup and Fill Out This Form Here for 'Reasons.'

I cannot get excited about a Rockstar bundle, sorry.  For instance, Bully is reported not playable on Windows 10.  Most of us have Max Payne, the older GTAs and LA Noire.  I heard some people like LA Noire VR, but that is niche and I doubt would be in a bundle.  GTA 5 for single player, not bad, but multiplayer is full of criticism about cash grab and cheating/broken.  Yes, extra layer of DRM with having to go through Rockstar Social Club.  RDR coming to PC, I am happy that MysterD is excited, while I will wait to read reviews on how good the port is.

It'll be a Rockstar console bundle probably. =)
tumblr_m7un4r9oIg1rtj2ku.gif

Humble Book Bundle: National Parks (HA YOU THOUGHT I WAS POSTING THE ROCKSTAR BUNDLE)

$1

Lonely Planet's Wild World

Lonely Planet's Beautiful World

A Fork in the Road

Wine Trails

The Big Trip

You Only Live Once

$8

Best Place to be Today (not the US)

Grand Canyon

USA's Best Trips

Banff, Jasper & Glacier National Parks

Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon Natiional Parks

Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks

Zion & Bryce Canyon

$15

The World - Second Edition

The Travel Book - Third Edition

Best in Travel 2018

National Parks of Europe

USA's National Parks

USA Travel Guide

National Parks of America

I cannot get excited about a Rockstar bundle, sorry. For instance, Bully is reported not playable on Windows 10.
Not sure how much this might help, but it could be worth a shot for Bully on W10:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/12200/discussions/0/1617220671496139343/?ctp=2#c1620599015891687183

Most of us have Max Payne, the older GTAs and LA Noire. I heard some people like LA Noire VR, but that is niche and I doubt would be in a bundle. GTA 5 for single player, not bad, but multiplayer is full of criticism about cash grab and cheating/broken. Yes, extra layer of DRM with having to go through Rockstar Social Club. RDR coming to PC, I am happy that MysterD is excited, while I will wait to read reviews on how good the port is.
I would be happy to put Bully, Max Payne series and LA Noire on Steam. Own all of those elsewhere - i.e. Max Payne 1 & 2 from Retail; Bully PC from retail; Max Payne 3 & LA Noire Complete from Amazon DVG (thanks, Amazon Tony!!!).

I already have GTA5 Non-Steam.

I have GTA3, VC, SA from Retail and Steam; and GTA4 & EFLC on Steam.

I really would love to see RDR hitting PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Paradox again

$1

Cities In Motion 2

Magicka 2

Majesty 2

BTA

Crusader Kings II + The Old Gods

Pillars of Eternity

Hearts of Iron III Collection

EU III Complete

$12

Stellaris

So. . . ugh. They could have at least tossed in EUIV. Great deal if you don't already have PoE; otherwise, easy easy pass. 

I love that Europa III Complete isn't complete. You have to buy the collection to actually get all the DLC.
It's because Paradox doesn't know when to stop making DLC. They finally quit making expansions for EUIII when EUIV came out. A new game in the series is pretty much the only thing that puts a damper on the DLC machine that is Paradox; I can imagine someone walking out of a devs' meeting in Stockholm and going to another room to tell three guys, "Hey, quit making that Gulf of Tonkin expansion of EUIV! We're about to announce EUV!"

What definition of "Complete" are they using? Neither of those is complete, they both have other DLC which isn't included.
It's a trick. To get all EUIII DLC, you have to own EUIII Chronicles AND EUIII Complete. But didn't you guys get a copy of EUIII Chronicles at Big Lots for $3 seven years ago?

For the base edition by itself? Not even close to a good deal.
Why is ~$5 not a good deal for Pillars of Eternity? Base game still retails for $30, so it's easily more than 75% off. Yes, it would be nicer to have the entire expansion pass in the bundle, but White March sales have been very stingy to date. The cheapest the pass has been is $15.

The bigger concern should be that IGN has started running these terrible bundles for two weeks at a time with no second-week unlocks.

It's because it's so easy to make DLC for their games. Paint bucket a new color on a uniform, call them a different country name, boom, DLC!
Eh, that's a little unfair. They do make a crap-ton of what are essentially cosmetic DLCs like different nationalities and music scores, but the expansions are usually more significant than that.

I cannot get excited about a Rockstar bundle, sorry. For instance, Bully is reported not playable on Windows 10. Most of us have Max Payne, the older GTAs and LA Noire. I heard some people like LA Noire VR, but that is niche and I doubt would be in a bundle. GTA 5 for single player, not bad, but multiplayer is full of criticism about cash grab and cheating/broken. Yes, extra layer of DRM with having to go through Rockstar Social Club. RDR coming to PC, I am happy that MysterD is excited, while I will wait to read reviews on how good the port is.
The Bully situation is an easy fix. Wine HQ says the steam version is gold. Just install the Windows Linux Subsystem, install wine in that, then steam in wine, and finally install Bully. Easy. :)

For the base edition by itself? Not even close to a good deal.
$5.70 for a good game that will last ~50-60hrs to complete plus 6 other games you may or may not be interested in is a great deal if you are looking to pick up pillars of eternity.

If you are a fan of lengthy well made isometric rpgs I don't understand how $5 for 'only' the base game of PoE can be 'not even close to a good deal', that's like 0.10/hr.

Honestly, the bundle could have been a hell of a lot worse. It could have been filled with games that I just bought during the Winter sale instead of games that I've owned for 3-5 years.

Wouldn't mind if that R* bundle had Bully and the GTA Collection. 

Because at this point, I don't even have a backlog anymore. It's just challenging myself to make my library as obnoxiously long as I can.

Humble Paradox again

$1

Cities In Motion 2

Magicka 2

Majesty 2

BTA

Crusader Kings II + The Old Gods

Pillars of Eternity

Hearts of Iron III Collection

EU III Complete

$12

Stellaris

So. . . ugh. They could have at least tossed in EUIV. Great deal if you don't already have PoE; otherwise, easy easy pass.
Already own PoE (base-game), so....pass.

Heck of a deal for those missing PoE base, though.

EDIT:

$5.70 for a good game that will last ~50-60hrs to complete plus 6 other games you may or may not be interested in is a great deal if you are looking to pick up pillars of eternity.

If you are a fan of lengthy well made isometric rpgs I don't understand how $5 for 'only' the base game of PoE can be 'not even close to a good deal', that's like 0.10/hr.
They should've put the Expansion Pass in the BTA or 1st tier...just so I can complete this PoE game. :p

EDIT 2:

Wouldn't mind if that R* bundle had Bully and the GTA Collection.

Because at this point, I don't even have a backlog anymore. It's just challenging myself to make my library as obnoxiously long as I can.
Already own those from retail - but I'd love to put Bully on Steam.

Same goes for Max Payne 1, 2 & 3 - except for MP3, which I already own from Amazon DVG as the RSSC Version.

Eh, that's a little unfair. They do make a crap-ton of what are essentially cosmetic DLCs like different nationalities and music scores, but the expansions are usually more significant than that.
Actually, quite often the expansions includes "features" that don't do much other than just add yet another tagged on button somewhere in the cluttered UI to press - This button would then add yet another modifier to some stat somewhere (i.e. 0.1% donuts per year increase! yay!) or some increase in yet another "mana" you collect that you'll use to be able to press some other button somewhere else.

(On a related topic, I'm sad that games like the newer Civ etc. have in recent years resorted to collecting such resources instead of actually adding to the gameplay)

The core gameplay is still the same since years and years ago.. i.e. push armies, paint the map while tolerating/waiting on annoying roadblocks (i.e. aggressive expansion, truce timers, random rebel pops)

I'm pretty sure Complete wasn't complete back when I started following bundles more than five years ago.
I learnt my lesson when I bought that Crusader Kings 2 "Complete" from Amazon years ago - it actually looked like a good deal then until they added something like 50 more DLCs after that. Now I won't touch paradox games until they announce a new version.

bread's done
Back