Humble Bundle Thread

I haven't synced up with my Switch yet, but I've been happy with 8bitdo's line of controllers.  There are a couple new ones that support Switch out of the box, and older models should sync with a firmware update.

http://www.8bitdo.com/#Products

No rumble or motion controls, but they're about the best 3rd-party controllers I've found.

Edit: Eh? How'd this end up here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Added or Revealed?
Humble calls it an "Early Reveal", so yeah, we can assume this was a Feb 2nd game that they're just giving out early in order to drive sales a bit. Although when you go to purchase the bundle, it still says that you get six games in addition to Civ VI and Owlboy. So either they added another game to reveal next week or they just haven't updated the text.

They definitely didn't add a game. Funny how out-of-touch this one was; they assumed Civ 6 and DLC would get enough people and were clearly mistaken.

I dunno if I like the idea of secondary reveals. The mystery of all them reveals is what makes it fun. 

Like lootboxes. Yummy, juicy lootboxes.

Nice, figured it was a matter of time before owlboy showed up in one of these. I sold my copy of Civ 6 because I still haven't played the copy of Civ 5 I have, but to get Owlboy/Civ 6 in the same month is a really good bundle even before the rest of the reveals.

Why would you buy it when it was clearly heading for a Humble bundle?
It was already in a Humble. I got it from a split. It's technically a repeat in the monthly, probably doesn't bode well for the rest of the February monthly.

It was already in a Humble. I got it from a split. It's technically a repeat in the monthly, probably doesn't bode well for the rest of the February monthly.
$13 top tier in a bundle where the $1 was great and the BTA tier was really weak.

That doesn't really count in my book.

$13 top tier in a bundle where the $1 was great and the BTA tier was really weak.

That doesn't really count in my book.
Like I said, I got it from a split. I didn't outright buy the bundle, so it counts to me. I'm sure it counted for other people otherwise you wouldn't see everyone and their mother trying to sell it off in the cesspool.

You've also gotta factor in that the MSRP for Owlboy is kind of high ($25) and hasn't really had any good sales. It was selling for $5-7ish in splits/trades back when it was first bundled which wasn't a terrible deal at the time.

Talk about a wacky Humble cooking bundle. Lots of weird recipes from the time of Hamilton and some other weird stuff like recipes of Harry Potter. I would likely use the spiralizer, bento and instant pot ones. I have a lot of bento books, so that helps. Too bad all the good stuff is in the $15 tier. Also Bob's Burgers and Chew comics...wtf?

You can also find takes on most or all of the recipes online from various bloggers and vloggers.

That said, I would have liked to see that cookbook in this bundle. Or maybe not. I tend to prefer physical cookbooks even as I move to ebooks for most everything else.
Yeah, I gave my wife an Instant Pot for Christmas, but I don't think she would go for a digital cookbook. I might still get the dollar, peruse the offerings and print out what looks good.

Cancelled my monthly yesterday, now they add Owlboy.

I take credit for this. They knew that would lure me back
You can buy Owlboy dirt cheap from other people, though. I've seen it as low as $3 today. I get what you mean, but after last months reveal games, I'm never subbing to Monthly again and will just buy the keys I want individually.

Yeah, I gave my wife an Instant Pot for Christmas, but I don't think she would go for a digital cookbook. I might still get the dollar, peruse the offerings and print out what looks good.
I mean, I use plenty of recipes in electronic format, either on my computer or a tablet, but those tend to be from blogs and sites. If I want a cookbook, I want to read a cookbook and look at the pictures. That's more fun with a physical format.

Talk about a wacky Humble cooking bundle. Lots of weird recipes from the time of Hamilton and some other weird stuff like recipes of Harry Potter. I would likely use the spiralizer, bento and instant pot ones. I have a lot of bento books, so that helps. Too bad all the good stuff is in the $15 tier. Also Bob's Burgers and Chew comics...wtf?
Yeah. Unfortunately it seems like the ones I'd care to read and use (air fryer, Instant Pot, bento) are all in the $15 tier. I don't know if I want to spend $15 just for those...

The Warden (aka da wife) actually owns that instant pot cookbook. It's got a wide selection of recipies and allot of stuff I would like to try... the wife's taste buds aren't that brave.

It's just for that Instant Pot though... You'll have no use for it without one.

I think we paid 5 bucks for it when Amazon was ruining Black Friday deals.

Yeah, given that Chew is a comic about a guy who eats parts of dead people, this seems like it would have been a bit more appropriate for the Soylent Green bundle.

The Warden (aka da wife) actually owns that instant pot cookbook. It's got a wide selection of recipies and allot of stuff I would like to try... the wife's taste buds aren't that brave.

It's just for that Instant Pot though... You'll have no use for it without one.

I think we paid 5 bucks for it when Amazon was ruining Black Friday deals.
That sounds promising to me. I'm leaning to the $15 then.

Yeah, given that Chew is a comic about a guy who eats parts of dead people, this seems like it would have been a bit more appropriate for the Soylent Green bundle.
Yeah, I thought that was odd to add to a cooking book bundle. Who wants a comic book, or recipes for zombies? People buying Rainbow Six Siege at $60?

I just got an email for a $20 wallet credit if I sign up for an annual subscription.

I am not sure if this is a solid deal or a desperate plea for subscriptions from a crashing company.

Edit - promo details -

Limited time offer, available for upgrading and new customers for January only. Promotion ends February 2 at 9:59 a.m. Pacific time. $20 USD wallet credit granted after annual plan purchase. Customers who have previously received Humble Wallet funds for subscribing as part of another promotion are ineligible. Wallet credit is only available to customers who purchase an annual subscription between January 26 at 12:00 a.m. to February 2 at 9:59 a.m PT. Promo subject to Humble Bundle Terms of Service. Promo is subject to change.

They've gotten more desperate ever since the IGN acquisition. It's hard to say if Humble will crash after a year, but they aren't Groupees.. they'll probably deliver bundles but the quality may decline.

Would I sign up to an annual subscription from Humble? Hell no, but that's because there's a better shadier way to sub

that 20 credit stacks with -$12 coupon and probably $8 if you refer yourself. still feels too much for whatever.
You just barely beat me on the referring yourself idea.

By $12 coupon, do you just mean the automatic discount you always get for subbing for a year?

You just barely beat me on the referring yourself idea.

By $12 coupon, do you just mean the automatic discount you always get for subbing for a year?
What do you think I was talking about when I said there's a shadier way of subbing? I just didn't want to say it outright.. for obvious reasons lol.

That $8 referral credit has been live for months btw. I don't know when they'll end it but it's not very limited.

Having different monthlies on different accounts is a massive pain in the ass. Of course, when someone I know did it, it was to get the 10% new subscriber discount lol.

Having different monthlies on different accounts is a massive pain in the ass. Of course, when someone I know did it, it was to get the 10% new subscriber discount lol.
The only annoying things are remembering which account has which monthlies (which you could just record so that you don't get confused), or the stupid security check. It's not that much of a hassle.

If I don't have time to play the games in the first place I certainly don't have time/patience to dick around and game the system. Heck I was apparently too lazy to unsub this month since I noticed the charge come through the other day.

bread's done
Back