Humble Bundle Thread

Don't really give a toot for Owlboy but I kind of like the idea of releasing another game in the line-up two weeks after the first game. Not sure if it was due to poor sales or a way for them to entice people for potential future sales. Either way it keeps their name out there vs. here is your game and see you in a month.

Don't really give a toot for Owlboy but I kind of like the idea of releasing another game in the line-up two weeks after the first game. Not sure if it was due to poor sales or a way for them to entice people for potential future sales. Either way it keeps their name out there vs. here is your game and see you in a month.
As long as this doesn't affect the quality of the rest of the lineup I don't mind it.. but it'll be disappointing if it's another Tomb Raider/Sleeping Dogs situation where the rest of the games are undesirable because all of the good shit was revealed early.

You can easily sell the two headliners for more than the bundle is worth (around $13), so I'm not expecting much for the rest of February's games..

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a really good bundle if you’re new to PC gaming and don’t have any of these. The majority of us already have them.

That said I would split a mid tier bundle with someone if they wanted to. I need LA noire and the original mad max games.

It’s a really good bundle if you’re new to PC gaming and don’t have any of these. The majority of us already have them.

That said I would split a mid tier bundle with someone if they wanted to. I need LA noire and the original mad max games.
You mean Max Payne? They're similar characters in some ways, but, uh, yeah.

I guess? I don't have any of these because I'm not interested in most of these. LA Noire plus DLC and Bully are the only things I'm interested, but not at the BTA price and certainly not at the $15 price. Throw one of those in the $1 tier (or Midnight Club 2) and I'd bite on that, but yeesh.

I was hoping for max payne 1/2 in $1 tier....got half of that at least. I really doubt i'll BTA for the sequel unless someone wants to unload a key on me....and i'll gladly take it.

giphy.gif

I wish I could get more excited about the earlier GTA games (III, VC, SA) but they all appear to have issues when it comes to 60 FPS and proper widescreen. Bully is the only game I'd actually want to play but no way I'd BTA just for that.

I wish I could get more excited about the earlier GTA games (III, VC, SA) but they all appear to have issues when it comes to 60 FPS and proper widescreen. Bully is the only game I'd actually want to play but no way I'd BTA just for that.
My problem with all of the GTA games is that I get to a story mission that I find it impossible to complete, probably because I'm an old man and lack the finger-dexterity to pull off what is required. I have no idea what it was for me in GTA III. In Vice CIty, I got stuck on that RC helicopter mission. In San Andreas, I'm pretty sure it was the mission where you're supposed to steal a truck from an Army base. I would enjoy GTA games more if there were branching pathways around some of these missions or at least some way to lower the difficulty substantially after you fail so many times.

I'm only missing Manhunt from this bundle.

I'll keep an eye on the cesspool for it. But if anybody out there has an extra, I'll buy it off you for 35 cents.

No thanks at that BTA.  Might have considered the $6 if I weren't at work and could have gotten it but... eh.  Bully isn't that appealing to me.  Max Payne 2 should be in the $1 tier.  The $15 tier is okay... would have probably jumped on it at $10.  Will $1 -- worth that to replay Max Payne 1 and GTA 3/Vice City.  Well worth it if you've never played those games.

Okay, weird that they show up in search results but cannot be purchased. That's not what I normally think of when something is described as being "removed from the store."
One of the reviews says they don't work on W10 so it might be a case of removing the buy option to avoid headaches.

To be fair I think it's more deactivated than removed (like that RAMBO game, which you can still find in the store but can't buy), but regardless you can't purchase the game anymore.  And it's been that way for years now.

GTA 1 and 2 may have been removed due to issues with Windows 10, both from Steam and the standalone .exe that used to be on Rockstar's website.  You can download both .exe from abandonware's website though.  You'll have to look up workarounds to get them to work on Windows 10 if they don't launch.

I own all of these somewhere (retail, Amazon DVG, and even some on Steam), but do not have all of them on Steam.

I really would like to put Bully; LA Noire base + DLC bundle; and Max Payne 2 & 3 on Steam.

I also never owned MP3 Rockstar Season Pass either.

Gonna $1 in for now, just to put Max Payne 1 and on Manhunt 1 Steam.

I wish Manhunt 2 was on Steam or GOG. Already own that from somewhere digital - maybe it was D2D, since that was rated AO on PC?

Got in the mid-tier, it's been going up since. I never played the DLC for LA Noire or GTA IV, and never played Max Payne 3, so I feel like I should probably jump on the high tier. Heck, all proceeds to charity, right? 

Got in the mid-tier, it's been going up since. I never played the DLC for LA Noire or GTA IV, and never played Max Payne 3, so I feel like I should probably jump on the high tier. Heck, all proceeds to charity, right?
Max Payne 3 is worth the $15, easily. It was worth the $60 when it launched. One of the best action games ever made, as far as I'm concerned.

My problem with all of the GTA games is that I get to a story mission that I find it impossible to complete, probably because I'm an old man and lack the finger-dexterity to pull off what is required. I have no idea what it was for me in GTA III. In Vice CIty, I got stuck on that RC helicopter mission. In San Andreas, I'm pretty sure it was the mission where you're supposed to steal a truck from an Army base. I would enjoy GTA games more if there were branching pathways around some of these missions or at least some way to lower the difficulty substantially after you fail so many times.
My issue is the lack of checkpoints and the random nature of the games. I enjoy them, but it's very difficult for me to motivate myself to come to at the hospital, buy new weapons and armor, drive to the mission start, do the starting part of the mission where you drive to another location, start the mission proper and then risk dying for a random reason and having to start the process all over again. It's simply not worth the repetition and frustration to me, especially when I can play similar games with functioning checkpoints.

Max Payne 3 is an insult to the first two.  Never mind over half of it is cutscenes.  Certainly not worth $15... either based on quality and the fact that's it's been around $3 on multiple occasions for the last several years.

GTA 1 and 2 may have been removed due to issues with Windows 10, both from Steam and the standalone .exe that used to be on Rockstar's website. You can download both .exe from abandonware's website though. You'll have to look up workarounds to get them to work on Windows 10 if they don't launch.
While I'm not arguing the point, it's weird they'd pull those two and not Manhunt, if that's the case. Manhunt has a big warning on the store page about not functioning with Windows 7 and 8; I have to assume that extends to 10 as well.

Was not sure what to expect with the Rockstar bundle. Cannot overly excited but not exactly disappointed either since I don't really care for R* games. At least it was not GTA V at a $40 tier and the rest being variations on shark cards amounts. 

Max Payne 3 is an insult to the first two. Never mind over half of it is cutscenes. Certainly not worth $15... either based on quality and the fact that's it's been around $3 on multiple occasions for the last several years.
It's certainly different than the first two... but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. (Just like Rise of the Tomb Raider vs the original TRs)

My impression is that Max Payne 3 is another garbage cover-based third person shooter. I consider that entire genre an offense to my religion. I could go on for hours discussing why it's a terrible mechanic that needed to die years before it did, but I'm just fucking thankful it's finally dead now. 

Well this is a great deal for anybody new to pc gaming and has none of these games, but unfortunately I (and I expect most people here) already have pretty much all of these (only one i don't have is gta IV which I have no interest in). 

Btw: L.A. Noire isn't really Rockstar's best title, but it's a good game and absolutely worht playing because it's so unique. Max Payne 1/2 I played for the 1st time 2 years ago or so and were awesome.

Max Payne 3 is an insult to the first two. Never mind over half of it is cutscenes. Certainly not worth $15... either based on quality and the fact that's it's been around $3 on multiple occasions for the last several years.
Max Payne 3 is better than 1 & 2 combined. That game is incredible in every facet.

bread's done
Back