Humble Bundle Thread

Lara Goft Go and Outlast II are decent reveals. Laser League being revealed would have me excited, but ironically it being one of the games means no one's playing it

Will probably $1 this guy.  Interested in Tooth and Tail, but that's really all I want above the $1 tier.

Humble Strategy Bundle

$1:

Dungeon of the Endless

Endless Space - Collection

Planetary Annhilation: TITANS

Company of Heroes 2 - Whale and Dolphin Conservation Charity Pattern Pack

BTA:

Empire: Total War Collection

Endless Legend - Classic Edition

Endless Legend - Tempest DLC

66% off Total War: WARHAMMER

$12:
Endless Space 2 - Standard Edition

Tooth and Tail

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really nice $1 tier if you don't own Dungeon and Endless Space somehow. Wouldn't mind owning some of the other stuff but not worth the money. Also, booo to no wallet credit.

Will probably $1 this guy. Interested in Tooth and Tail, but that's really all I want above the $1 tier.

Humble Strategy Bundle

$1:

Dungeon of the Endless

BTA:

$12:

Tooth and Tail
Yeah, Tooth and Tail is the only thing I would play and only because I like animals. But I hate strategy. Not worth it for me.

Sandy Hook happened.

I went ahead and got it. Tooth and Tail is a lot of fun so far. I like being a commander in the game and moving around dodging bullets (a different way to command troops vs traditional strategy games).  I think the bundle is worth it, and I'm also interested to try out Endless Legend. 

Will probably $1 this guy. Interested in Tooth and Tail, but that's really all I want above the $1 tier.

Humble Strategy Bundle

$1:

Dungeon of the Endless

BTA:

$12:

Tooth and Tail
Bah, I'll probably get this for the $12 tier and the EL DLC. The $1 tier is great if you like RTS and 4x but somehow don't have Endless Space and PA. If only ES 1 & 2 didn't have horrible combat systems.

Speaking of tooth and tails
tenor.gif

Wonder if it was selling badly to do that many early reveals. I mean there might be like 1 or 2 more games at most...but dang. Moon Hunters looks OK....the others...eh. Crazy Machines 3 could be cool though, but I haven't been into Incredible Machine like games in ages.

We'll probably get two more games with Steam keys and the Humble Original on May 4th, unless Humble gets desperate and unlocks even more within the next two weeks.

The weird thing is, if a strong set of early unlocks like Ruiner/DR4/Kerbal were selling poorly, is this trio really going to bring in more buyers? It sort of made sense when they added Owlboy a few months back because that's got the name recognition to add more sales. But is there anyone who was on the fence that sees these additions and is pushed to sub?

Wonder if it was selling badly to do that many early reveals. I mean there might be like 1 or 2 more games at most...but dang. Moon Hunters looks OK....the others...eh. Crazy Machines 3 could be cool though, but I haven't been into Incredible Machine like games in ages.
I was seriously considering buying Crazy Machines 3 in this weekend's sale, so I'm rather happy about the timing of the extra reveals.

What's the point of these reveals?  Can we expect there to be anything of note left in the bundle at this point?

Weird.

That being said, I've had interest in Moon Hunters and would play Crazy Machines - but I was already going to get this any way.  These games wouldn't move the needle enough to push me over the edge.  Just weird.

We'll probably get two more games with Steam keys and the Humble Original on May 4th, unless Humble gets desperate and unlocks even more within the next two weeks.

The weird thing is, if a strong set of early unlocks like Ruiner/DR4/Kerbal were selling poorly, is this trio really going to bring in more buyers? It sort of made sense when they added Owlboy a few months back because that's got the name recognition to add more sales. But is there anyone who was on the fence that sees these additions and is pushed to sub?
Ruiner was honestly the strongest out of the three. People are probably sick of Dead Rising, despite it being a big franchise, and Kerbal has been out for a while. Yeah, I highly doubt people saw these other games and said, "Wow, NOW I'm buying." Perhaps a lot of people are canceling and marking the "don't like not knowing what's in the bundle" radio button?

But I'm generally happy that Humble is revealing more games. Knowing what I'm buying is more preferable than being left clueless and getting games I already own.

DR4 might be mediocre to poor but it plus other stuff for $12 is still a good deal.  Will keep it, Ruiner, Moon Hunters, and maybe Jalopy.

Moon Hunters spoilers:

At the end of my second run, right before the final boss, I come across some kid and we have the following exchange:

Kid: "Hey, that big boss dude is up ahead, you gonna beat him with one hand tied behind your back?"

Me (confidently): "Nah, I'm gonna beat him with both hands tied behind my back."

Kid: "Wow, you're amazing! Here's some rope, I'll get you started."

Kid literally ties both of my hands behind my back.

Strength/Endurance/Intelligence drop to 0.

I cannot damage the boss at all. I die.

3RBBjjc.jpg

Moon Hunters spoilers:

At the end of my second run, right before the final boss, I come across some kid and we have the following exchange:

Kid: "Hey, that big boss dude is up ahead, you gonna beat him with one hand tied behind your back?"

Me (confidently): "Nah, I'm gonna beat him with both hands tied behind my back."

Kid: "Wow, you're amazing! Here's some rope, I'll get you started."

Kid literally ties both of my hands behind my back.

Strength/Endurance/Intelligence drop to 0.

I cannot damage the boss at all. I die.

Fun game.
You and your big mouth.

Played Jalopy for about an hour.  Quaint game that's a good bundle filler but nothing you should spend money on separately.  It's like a really really low budget Grand Theft Auto for the Atari 2600 with no npcs.

Played Jalopy for about an hour. Quaint game that's a good bundle filler but nothing you should spend money on separately. It's like a really really low budget Grand Theft Auto for the Atari 2600 with no npcs.
That's about what it looked like, too. I was vaguely excited about it as an addition to the bundle, but the more I read about it, the more I thought, "Why?" The game is basically described as running around and doing things so you can buy stuff to repair your hooptie to keep going somewhere else to do more things to buy more things to repair your hooptie so you can . . . and I think you see where I'm going with this.

The only one of the additions that really interests me is Crazy Machines and that's probably something I like the idea of playing more than I would actually play, sort of like Crayon Physics Deluxe.

Played Jalopy for about an hour. Quaint game that's a good bundle filler but nothing you should spend money on separately. It's like a really really low budget Grand Theft Auto for the Atari 2600 with no npcs.
Also played Jalopy for about 1.4hrs according to GabeN, which makes my opinion better than Moobs....Jalopy was on my wishlist but due to being a CAG, I couldn't bring myself to paying > bundle pennies to get it. So thanks Humble Monthly for helping me scratch that itch.

Jalopy is not like GTA for Atari....it's actually like Far Cry Primal, if you took out outpost liberation, beast mastering, ooga-booga speak, crafting and gave the protagonist a shitty car instead of a Sabretooth lion to ride. Are you hooked yet? No?

Well, my 1.4hrs went something like this:

1. Added parts to my shitbox car (yes this is exciting as it sounds)
2. Proceeded to drive my Uncle from Point A to Point B, because reasons.
3. This car drives like I imagine an aircraft carrier would if you put wheels on it and put it on a road.
4. Uncle directs me to stay at the hotel overnight. Kinda creepy. Can't find hotel due to no localized map so spent a while driving around the non-descript town looking for a non-descript hotel.
5. As I leave Point B to go to Point C the next day, on leaving City 1, I need to give my passport to security checkpoint but I have to roll down my window first otherwise I can't pass the passport to the guard. EXTREME REALISM!!!!!
6. I swear I went from 1/4 tank to 0 in about a minute. Needless to say I ran out of gas and didn't haul extra in my trunk (OH NOES!!!). I would then have to walk back to City 1 to get gas. OH HELL NAWWWWWW!!!!!!
7. Will I play again?? Maybe. Why? I'm not really sure.....5/10........

Far Cry Reviews

Far Cry 3 (ON A 360 CONSOLE!!!!!!!!) - Story Completed. Hate using a controller for this type of game, always feel like I have more control using KB+M. Wacky story, antagonist(s) interesting. I actually like the protagonist progression. I like how the fact he's just a normal college like guy and by the end of the game he's eviscerating people and is covered in a fine red mist and his friends are like "ewwww" and he's like "it's good".
Lessons learned: Having a sound/music track playing while I flamethrow large swaths of land is good. You can never have enough explosive tipped arrows. Don't try to figure out the story, just enjoy the journey and the wacky characters you meet along the way.
8.5/10

Far Cry 1 (PC) - Incomplete. Played this one back in the day, stopped. Got it on Steam, tried to play it again after enjoying FC3 on console....stopped. I make it a bit of the way and then just give up....lot's of shooting random merc #33432 because, they are between me and um...escape or something....I probably will go back to it, it's just today, there are better alternatives....
6/10

Far Cry 4 (PC) - Story Completed. This was the start of my Far Cry (PoopySoft Open World) Binge. What would happen if you lift-and-shift FC3 into a pseudo-Tibet area? This game would happen. Having said that, I once again enjoyed it. Again, I enjoyed the bizarre characters and the uncomfortable feeling of allying myself with people who apparently all have kinda shitty motivations. Like to the point of maybe, I should ally myself with the main villain. I enjoyed the radio DJ and I got to ride an elephant and stomp and throw people, so that's an instant 8/10. I like the feel of Far Cry weapons. I enjoy tooling around in vehicles and hunting animals for "trophies".
8/10

Far Cry Primal (PC) - Story completed. Oh shit, people are ooga-booga talking...I have to read subtitles....am I gonna make it through this???? No vehicles? Crap, what did I get myself into??? Under all of this and the fact that it's another lift-and-shift development (and it really feels that way), it's actually a pretty serviceable game. The whole beastmaster aspect really sold me, I liked training creatures and having them maul other cavemen. Very satisfying. Game was kinda buggy. Would hang on quit many times. I also couldn't get the ending "script/video" to trigger and by then I was tired of Primal so I just Moobied it (watch the ending on YouTube).
7/10

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC) - Story completed. While I liked the '80s vibe regarding audio/visuals and I appreciated some of the '80s humor, alot of it fell kinda flat, which kind of suprised me. I think I spent like 7hrs maybe less getting to the end of the story, and that was enough, I was done.
6.5/10

[Now the Far Cry wanna-bes]
Watch Dongs 1 (PC) - Story Completed. Probably the most meh protagonist ever, Aiden isn't worthy of hatred, nor is he worthy of praise. He exists in the game as a vehicle to showcase the open world and the hacking aspect....He's kinda like a car I find in-game and can steal and drive around for a while...the downside is I can't trade him in. The story is fairly predictable and forgettable at the same time. The open world and hacking held my interest though. I hated the intermingling of online cretins with my single-player experience. Probably a way to turn this off, but I'm old and my Betamax is still blinking 12:00.
7.5/10

Ghost Recon: Wildlands (PC) - Story Completed. Giant open world, Once again, I enjoyed the characters, the story is fairly predictable, but entertaining. The world felt pretty alive and yuuuuge....I enjoyed taking down the cartel factions. Kept the same weapons through most of the games. While I enjoyed the banter of my Ghost Team (AI Players), they were mostly tards. The open world led to some fairly wacky/humorous/frustrating scenarios. Like the time I was pursuing a lieutenant in his Lamborghini, shout out his tires at which points he gets out of his car and cowers and waits for me to interrogate him. Except this time he got out of his car in the middle of the road and a local farmer runs the lieutenant down with his pick-up truck....oops! The free "Year N" updates have been fun spoilers follow:
8.5/10
  • Year 1 - "If it bleeds, we can kill it!" Yes, you face off against the Predator. I found this to be really cool. I thought it was really well done. It's not really deep, but I think they nailed the feeling. Although I have yet to beat him, I suck and he's tough. (9/10)
  • Year 2- Sam Fischer. But wait, MICHAEL fuckING IRONSIDE IS BACK!!!!! There are some cool easter egg(s) in the brief discussion with Sam. Also you get his Splinter Cell goggles...fuckin-a. DAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!!!!! (9/10)

Moving on, I'm now trying to go back to Dragon Age: Origins for the second attempt, but man, I like the story, the combat just kinda sucks.....not sure I'll keep going. Might play Metal Gear Solid 1 on PC and run through the MGS Series on PC.

Can always just lower the difficulty in DA:O to Easy and walk through the combat, playing it just for the story, choices and creepy Uncanny Valley underwear humping with Leliana.

I'm playing through Wildlands and it's best (for me) when played in fairly small chunks.  Knock out a couple rebel missions, get a new gun or medal, do a mission objective and take a break.  I originally detested being saddled with the Three Amigos but they're just competent enough that I can ignore them aside from synch shots (which are fun) and yelling "where the hell are you?" at my screen when I get downed because I'm dumb and they're not right there to revive me.  I also played a little co-op with Fox and that was good times; having real people definitely helps up the enjoyment factor, I think.

Don't know if you have the paid DLC or not, but the Fallen Ghosts DLC unlocks overpowered weapons from the start of the game that pretty much make the rest of your arsenal obsolete.

bread's done
Back