Humble Bundle Thread

That's my issue: I really don't want a gimped version of Destiny 2 when it's going to have half a dozen DLC piled on it by the time I get around to playing.  And the bonuses could be terrible.

I don't even understand the theory of not revealing more games unless they are, in fact, terrible.  The people who are 100% sold on the bundle by virtue of it having Destiny 2 have already bought it.  What do you stand to lose by revealing more games?  Other than potential sales from people who value hypothetical mystery games X, Y, and Z over the actual reveal games which might, in fact, suck.

Cook Serve Delicious 2 is pretty fun. Some people complain about the serving stations, but you get used to it. The structure is a little weird for things sometimes though, as there are different restaurants you can work in different levels. It's a good game for sure.

Well... nevermind... today was the day you had to cancel by so now I'm the proud owner of Destiny 2 and what is sure to be crap.  And those revealed games are crap, imo~

Feel free to make me some Amazon cred offers for 'dis trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not objectively bad, just nothing I'm at all interested in playing.  Selling them off for three buckos make that two buckos for Humble/Steam thread bros! Three for the cess pool.

As someone who adored the original CSD and enjoys narrative-driven P&C games, these are right up my alley. PotE wasn't even on my radar before today but everything I've seen so far indicates it's a well-written adventure game.

They're not objectively bad, just nothing I'm at all interested in playing. Selling them off for three buckos make that two buckos for Humble/Steam thread bros! Three for the cess pool.
As someone who adored the original CSD and enjoys narrative-driven P&C games, these are right up my alley. PotE wasn't even on my radar before today but everything I've seen so far indicates it's a well-written adventure game.
Yeah they're not exactly my cup of tea, but they're good enough reveals that I'm debating keeping them anyway. Will gauge how much they sell for in the cess pool before deciding to add them or not.

I thought that was a joke because I had no clue they made a video game about Pillars. Also, I was charged for the monthly at 6:30 am EST, so there's literally no point in revealing any games. There's a week left and you already charged people, plus the unlocks are esoterica.

I thought that was a joke because I had no clue they made a video game about Pillars. Also, I was charged for the monthly at 6:30 am EST, so there's literally no point in revealing any games. There's a week left and you already charged people, plus the unlocks are esoterica.
My charge went through at like 2:30am! Guess I gotta remind myself to cancel/pause like two weeks in advance.

Oh good.  Another ARMA bundle.  That's just great.

giphy.gif

I forgot to pause my hamble monthly but for some reason it still hadn't charged me so I dodged a bullet!

(CSD2 is good but I think worse than the first because of the holding station stuff, and the Pillars of the Earth game doesn't have Hayley Atwell so what's the point)

Have the $1 tier and don't care about the rest. I was too lazy to even spend an hour refreshing three different tabs and penny-lock a low BTA.

Is ARMA 3 worth playing if you like shooters? I've never played any of them, just always heard of them. I'm assuming they're pretty hardcore to get into?

Meh. Not into extreme military shooters. BTA price = lol.
I actually really like the idea of a military sim but for some reason they all play like fuckING GARBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

just the stiffest movement possible, like you're piloting mechs but worse, and the graphics always look like they're from about a decade before the games were actually made

America's Army is still probably the best, and not that new version.

Turned out to be a decent month.  After selling off Destiny 2 I'm definitely pleased to be left with Styx, Yooka Laylee, and that Ken Follett game.  Not so sure on next month, Blackwake looks like it could be fun and I'm currently watching Black Sails (which is fantastic) so that makes it all the more enticing. Meh on the other 2 games though, not my cup of tea.

Rest of June's unlocks are:

Styx: Shards of Darkness

Yooka Laylee

Bear With Me

Acceleration of Suguri 2

Subserial Network

Early unlocks for July are

Hearts of Iron 4

Blackwake

Portal Knights

I'm extremely happy with the unlocks for today and extremely disappointed with the reveals for next month

Month was okay, but I'm not too upset I skipped it.  Probably would have played Yooka Laylee and Pillars of the Earth, but I didn't want to deal with the trouble of selling off Destiny 2.

Next month's reveals are garbage.

Is it even worth it to buy next month for the sole purpose of selling off the early unlocks to recoup some of the cost? I have zero idea how desirable any of those games are. This might be the first Monthly I've skipped in 2+ years.

Is it even worth it to buy next month for the sole purpose of selling off the early unlocks to recoup some of the cost? I have zero idea how desirable any of those games are. This might be the first Monthly I've skipped in 2+ years.
I'm waiting to see what they go for in the cesspool. I have a year subscription so if I can get 6 bucks back from them I'm banking on 5 bucks worth of value with the rest of the reveals...if there are reveals like Yooka Laylee and Styx next month it'd be worth it. But yeah, horrible early reveals.

Surprised that Just Cause 3 didn't get bundled. And Yooka-Laylee looks like a good  surprise reveal. A Hat in Time will probably be an early unlock in some future monthly.

Depends how much you'll get for HOI. The rest is rather unsellable.

Depends how much you'll get for HOI. The rest is rather unsellable.
Well, paradox games go on sale constantly. I've never bothered charging more than $5-6 for one of the early unlocks to a humble. But aren't you the dude from Codex who somehow finds idiots to pay $15 per early unlock like they don't know the Humble Bundle even exists?

Well, paradox games go on sale constantly. I've never bothered charging more than $5-6 for one of the early unlocks to a humble. But aren't you the dude from Codex who somehow finds idiots to pay $15 per early unlock like they don't know the Humble Bundle even exists?
Nope, I am just sceptical. I'm not sure, if this month will be worth buing when it's possible to recoup only like $3-4. I think the majority of people, who could be interested in HOI, already have it. Those unlocks are really bad.

Surprised that Just Cause 3 didn't get bundled. And Yooka-Laylee looks like a good surprise reveal. A Hat in Time will probably be an early unlock in some future monthly.
I doubt it'll be any time soon. I don't think I've seen it for less than 20% off or so on any system.

They only got me this month because I forgot to cancel before the auto billing date. I could have easily skipped this, Styx is the only saving grace and not much of one. As for next month, HOI4 for $8+? Hah. It'll be $10 on the steam summer sale or in a combo with dlc packs. Anyone who wants to pay to play the paradox dlc game for that would be wise to just buy the bundle and see what else you get.

bread's done
Back