Humble Bundle Thread

Looks like some of you should read "Pounded In The Butt By My Reluctance To Buy A Humble Bundle Featuring Stories With Gay Characters As Though That Has Some Kind Of Bearing On My Own Sexuality Or The Quality Of The Product Then Eventually Realizing It's Pretty Good And I'm Fine"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a part of anyone else's mind that thinks "the early unlocks are shit, so whatever else they reveal tomorrow will actually be the bundle highlights and if I don't go ahead and buy this monthly, I'll have to wade through the cesspool to get the gems"... anyone?

Also, I'm one of the "yearlys" so I'd like to use this up asap since it feels like this shit show is destined for ruination.

Also, I'm one of the "yearlys" so I'd like to use this up asap since it feels like this shit show is destined for ruination.
giphy.gif

I was reading the descriptions on some of those Chuck Tingle books (I know, I know) and the amount of times he uses the word "butt" makes me think he's a 6th grader.

So naturally I look him up on wikipedia, when;

Tingle began his career by writing dinosaur erotica and expanded to stories based on unicorns, Bigfeet, and various anthropomorphized objects and even concepts.
So here are some more of his gems...

• My Billionaire Triceratops Craves Gay Ass
  • Glazed by the Gay Living Donuts
  • Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt"
  • Reamed by My Reaction to the Title of This Book
  • Professor T-Rex Teaches Me Gayness
  • Bigfoot Settlers Claim My Butthole
  • Lonely Author Pounded by Dinosaur Social Media Followers
  • The State of California Stalks My Gay Butthole
  • Oppressed in the Butt by My Inclusive Holiday Coffee Cups
  • Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt'"
  • Pharma Bro Pounded in the Butt by T-Rex Comedian Bill Murky and a Clan of Triceratops Rappers Trying to Get Their Album Back
  • Leonardo Decaprico Finally Wins His Award And It Pounds Him in the Butt
  • Feeling the Bern in My Butt
  • Pounded by the Pound: Turned Gay by the Socioeconomic Implications of Britain Leaving the European Union
  • Slammed in the Butt by Domald Tromp's Attempt to Avoid Accusations of Plagiarism by Removing All Facts or Concrete Plans from His Republican National Convention Speech

Some of these titles are fucking hilarious. There's too many to list, so peruse away. Although it seems he started to run out of steam, because his last 5 books are;
  • Wednesday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Thursday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Friday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Saturday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Sunday Pounds Me in the Butt

Not having a good week, I guess?

Some of these titles are fucking hilarious. There's too many to list, so peruse away. Although it seems he started to run out of steam, because his last 5 books are;

• Wednesday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Thursday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Friday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Saturday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Sunday Pounds Me in the Butt
Not having a good week, I guess?
plot twist: those are his boyfriends' handles :whistle2:

I guess I'll be the one to ask the dumb question. . . are these actual books? If so, are they just gay erotic fiction or . . .  something else? I really don't understand exactly what this is. 

They're short books that actually seem to be gay erotic fiction, but I think the main goal is to satirize current events and be funny instead of heavily erotic. I've only read the excerpts.

I guess I'll be the one to ask the dumb question. . . are these actual books? If so, are they just gay erotic fiction or . . . something else? I really don't understand exactly what this is.
You can look them up on Amazon and use the preview function to read some of the material. I'm mainly aware of them through the blog Worst Things for Sale which has largely stopped featuring them because there's so many that the joke is dead. Sort of like "Grass simulator! Rock simulator! Air simulator! Simulator simulator! Will this ever get old??"

You can look them up on Amazon and use the preview function to read some of the material. I'm mainly aware of them through the blog Worst Things for Sale which has largely stopped featuring them because there's so many that the joke is dead. Sort of like "Grass simulator! Rock simulator! Air simulator! Simulator simulator! Will this ever get old??"
There's also an excerpt PDF of each book on the Humble site if you click the product.

MpFB7no.png

So you're not getting recommendations based on your viewing history of "Bigfoot Pirates Haunt My Balls"...

Probably the worst month of unlocks that we've ever had, for me personally at least. Blackwake is the only wishlister and even that I was only a little bit interested in. 

Uggg....early unlocks for next month seem kind of meh. I already own Hat in Time (did the sacrifice), so yeah not great. I may pause a month.

Man...these unlocks...wow. First time in a long time all of the games are going to be dumped in the cesspool for me.

Hat in Time is a sweet early reveal at least, figured that was due for a Humble Monthly sooner or later. Conan and Escapists are going in the cesspool though.

Yet another 3d platformer gets Monthly'd. A Hat in TIme looks like a strong entrant.

For this month, Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom looks intriguing. 

Next month doesn't look too great to me either. This month would have been slightly better if I hadn't bought Ragnarok recently. Oh well. 

Titan Quest and Ragnarok are great for anyone who hasn't played them yet, but overall these unlocks are really meh.  Shiness is the only one that looks halfway decent and even then I don't know if I'd ever play it over the numerous other rpgs I have. 

Had a friend try to get my to buy escapists 2 during the summer sale for co op so that plus Hat in Time seem decent enough don't think I have the patience for Conan Exiles though.

These past two Humble Monthly months can be summed up with one reaction...

[customspoiler='WOOF!']
Jacquie-Coe-buzz-14.png
[/customspoiler]

Ragnarok is nice for anyone that didn't have the base game already. Only wanted that and Shiness. Bought Shiness from pasports so I'm fine with skipping that terrible monthly.

Ragnarok being a combined key sucks. I just got Hat in TIme via a raincheque for a trade for Yooka-Laylee last month that failed due to a region lock. Will check Tremor to see if Shiness is there at a decent rate or something. 

Glad I didn't pay nearly $20 for a Hat in Time during the Steam summer sale. One of the few games I wanted to buy, but was waiting for a further discount. Now I own it from the bundle. I paused last month though on Humble Bundle, as the early reveals looked terrible to me. Only game I would have wanted is Shiness. Nearly bought that during summer sale as well, but ultimately passed. If anyone has a key they don't want I would be willing to pay to take it off your hands.

Excited for July monthly though, looks good so far.

Wow, July sucked hard.

Happy about August though, I've been holding off on A Hat in Time for a while, and I'm happy to try out Conan Exiles. Also cool to see Covenant House as the charity, did some work with them, great organization.

These past two Humble Monthly months can be summed up with one reaction...
I think June was one of the highest downloaded Humble Monthlies of all time.

Probably the worst month of unlocks that we've ever had, for me personally at least. Blackwake is the only wishlister and even that I was only a little bit interested in.
In hindsight, it was kinda predictable. The July monthly was notably weak in both 2016 and 2017 as well.

I expect the timing of the summer sale has a lot to do with this.

That said, I do want Ragnarok. Forts, Portal Knights, and Shiness look good, too.

Interplanetary (original version, anyway) and Serial Cleaner are both really fun games, but the problem of course is that I already have them.

Wow, July sucked hard.

Happy about August though, I've been holding off on A Hat in Time for a while, and I'm happy to try out Conan Exiles. Also cool to see Covenant House as the charity, did some work with them, great organization.

I think June was one of the highest downloaded Humble Monthlies of all time.
I really like June, myself. I didn't want Destiny 2 at all, but it had a ton of sale value. The reveals were great, though.

In hindsight, it was kinda predictable. The July monthly was notably weak in both 2016 and 2017 as well.

I expect the timing of the summer sale has a lot to do with this.

Yeah the summer monthlies have always seemed kind of weak, lol the year Hurtworld was the headliner followed by the CoD multiplayer pack headlining the bundle.

I disagree 2017 July bundle was weak, though, Dark Souls 2, Galactic Civ 3, and Hyper Light Drifter are all quality games

Yeah the summer monthlies have always seemed kind of weak, lol the year Hurtworld was the headliner followed by the CoD multiplayer pack headlining the bundle.

I disagree 2017 July bundle was weak, though, Dark Souls 2, Galactic Civ 3, and Hyper Light Drifter are all quality games
Dark Souls 2 probably had the weakest sale value of 2017 headliners. And Simpleplanes was a rebundle, which I think was most of the complaint.

I'd sell off all the early reveals for August so, at best, I'd be doing a $4-5ish for random crap trade.  Given the (lack of) quality of these monthly unlocks I really doubt I'd get my money's worth out of the August unlocks.

Based on Barter, Shiness seems to be commanding a decent trading value. Or it just might me some people biting on high ball offers. As for value, Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! was perhaps the lowest value early unlock of all time. 

People who subbed this month:

e7Es0RX.gif
Fast forward and repeat for August. I could give the copy of Conan to have another friend to play it with except that I'm bored with the game now.

Ragnarok is a combined key?
giphy.gif

bread's done
Back