Humble Bundle Thread

Eh. I thought about buying Ragnarok during the sale and I had Shiness on WL so not terrible unlocks for me. Sucks TQ is a combined key though.

These past two Humble Monthly months can be summed up with one reaction...

[customspoiler='WOOF!']
Jacquie-Coe-buzz-14.png
[/customspoiler]
TIL that "woof" is something gay men say to butch men they think are hot. I always thought people were just being rude when they said "woof" and posted doggy emojis and tongues on my selfies. Would be nice if women were into me instead of dudes...

Oh man... so glad I skipped. That's not even a very interesting weekly bundle... let alone a Monthly.

I wouldn't mind to play A Hat in Time, and The Escapists 2 is on my wishlist, but if July is any indication... those may be the highlights. Ugh.

Humble Monthly:

[attachment=30504:1443013012156.jpg]

I'd sell off all the early reveals for August so, at best, I'd be doing a $4-5ish for random crap trade. Given the (lack of) quality of these monthly unlocks I really doubt I'd get my money's worth out of the August unlocks.
edit: nevermind, thanx warreni

Last edited by a moderator:
All I cared about from last month was Serial Cleaner and TQ: Ragnarok.  Someone gave me Serial Cleaner and someone sold me Ragnarok for $2.  Best monthly ever.

If anyone has an extra key for Titan Quest and/or Shiness I have a bunch of unclaimed humble bundle and humble monthly games i'd would love to trade for them. Cheers.

If anyone has a free July or August Humble Monthly they don't want, I'll be happy to take them.

For free, of course... I mean, I wouldn't want to have to un-pause my HB Monthly annual for these stinkers, AMIRITE?!?!?

If anyone has a free July or August Humble Monthly they don't want, I'll be happy to take them.

For free, of course... I mean, I wouldn't want to have to un-pause my HB Monthly annual for these stinkers, AMIRITE?!?!?
July and August are gonna be lit. Trust me, Hamble is my dad.

Haven't bought it. I may reconsider later but I'll let you know if I do end up buying it.
sallright, I got it from warreni. YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE

also the above post is even worse, Thumper rules, Serial Cleaner, uh... decidedly does NOT rule. It's also part of the twitch prime month of games anyway.

I'm late to the scrounger party, but I figured I'd check here if anybody here is willing to sell TQA+Ragnarok for like $2 total before hitting the cesspool. I mean, I'm probably preferable as a customer to THEM, right?

Right?

[/crickets]

also the above post is even worse, Thumper rules, Serial Cleaner, uh... decidedly does NOT rule. It's also part of the twitch prime month of games anyway.
Oh, right, because we're all totally going to play those Twitch games and not at all immediately forget that they exist since they're on some stupid extra client, okay yeah sure...

Oh, right, because we're all totally going to play those Twitch games and not at all immediately forget that they exist since they're on some stupid extra client, okay yeah sure...
once you download them you can just add them to steam as non-steam games, they don't require the client to launch

also Thumper really shines in VR, it's fuckin intense

once you download them you can just add them to steam as non-steam games, they don't require the client to launch
I was being tongue-in-cheek but I know that you can add non-Steam games. I'm saying most people never do it. You get it, you don't download it immediately because you're not planning on playing it immediately and then you never think about it again because it's not staring at you in Steam. Yes, it's entirely avoidable but most people don't avoid it.

Serial Cleaner looks fine, but Thumper looks like Audiosurf, a game I adored and put 80 hours into. I would've preferred Thumper.
Unfortunately, it's not a "play your music" game but a "play our music". Which makes it a lot less interesting to me since I find that the devs and I rarely overlap much in musical tastes (Aaero was the same way)

Apparently Thumper was going to be in this bundle, but replaced by Serial Cleaner, equally awesome game, at last minute.
Damn. Thumper looks fun. Serial Cleaner is excellent, though. Really worth playing if you have it in your backlog (or just got it.)

How long will it just be a stupid extra client, I wonder. With Amazon working with Twitch might we see a real competitor to Steam here?

Extra clients can definitely be a hassle and also quite easy to forget. I just remembered I have stuff on the client formerly known as Impulse. GOG, Battle.net, Uplay, and Origin are all very active and salient. Grabbed Shiness from Tremor the other day, and it was decently priced. Conan Exiles is still available with a good amount of copies, surprisingly. But that is probably due to the 5000 coin cost.

And here is some Gala Gold: ZJHLM-L5I2Y-9HI2H

Extra clients can definitely be a hassle and also quite easy to forget. I just remembered I have stuff on the client formerly known as Impulse. GOG, Battle.net, Uplay, and Origin are all very active and salient. Grabbed Shiness from Tremor the other day, and it was decently priced. Conan Exiles is still available with a good amount of copies, surprisingly. But that is probably due to the 5000 coin cost.

And here is some Gala Gold: ZJHLM-L5I2Y-9HI2H
Sure. GOG Galaxy, Origin, Uplay; none have really been anything more than something to put up with alongside Steam. Battle.net is maybe it's own thing. I think perhaps Twitch has the potential of rising above those options, though.

I think perhaps Twitch has the potential of rising above those options, though.
lolwut

Am I missing something here? Are we not doing yellow comic sans anymore? Which, that's fine, whatever, but if we're doing a new thing and nobody told me, that I'd have a problem with.

lolwut

Am I missing something here? Are we not doing yellow comic sans anymore? Which, that's fine, whatever, but if we're doing a new thing and nobody told me, that I'd have a problem with.
I'm not saying it will surpass Steam, but I could easily see it becoming the default second option most have installed as well.

lolwut

I think we are such a sarcastic lot that we just decided it would just be more efficient to assume everything is sarcasm rill proven otherwise.

I'm not saying it will surpass Steam, but I could easily see it becoming the default second option most have installed as well.
I have Twitch installed because I have 34 free games installed on it. That's entirely the only reason. I've never bought a game from them, in part because I couldn't even figure out how to, and even when I watch streamers I don't do it in the client.

I have Origin, Uplay, and GOG installed basically for the same reason, I would never actually buy anything on them, but I have like four or five free games on each.

Epic and Battle.net I have installed because it's required.

I have Twitch installed because I have 34 free games installed on it. That's entirely the only reason. I've never bought a game from them, in part because I couldn't even figure out how to, and even when I watch streamers I don't do it in the client.
Right. They're giving reasons for people to install the client beyond simply being what one single publisher requires for their own games. Mix that with a built-in pool of potential users due to streaming and support from Amazon?

Nah I could see it becoming popular as well. Twitch streaming is huge, and the client integrates game streaming so easily. Plus, everyone with Prime gets free stuff on it, and I'm sure developers will give even more bonuses as time goes on.

The everyone-has-their-own client thing is the unfortunate future.  And it's not limited to gaming.  With streaming slowly taking over from cable/broadcast television, you are seeing less consolidation (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) and more splinter/niche services that require you to pay a monthly fee.  Lots of stuff that used to be available on Netflix or Amazon now requires separate subs/purchases.

Right. They're giving reasons for people to install the client beyond simply being what one single publisher requires for their own games. Mix that with a built-in pool of potential users due to streaming and support from Amazon?
I don't think they're trying to sell games on it. They have the streaming and that's what they're focused on. I literally can't even figure out how to buy games on Twitch.

The point of offering free games seems to be to get people into the streaming side of their business, not to get them to buy more games through the client.

Of course, in the future they could decide to actually make game sales more feasible on the client, but they could have also done that years ago and they haven't. It seems clear they see their business model entirely in streaming, not as a competitor to Steam.

The streaming culture seems almost the polar opposite of the Steam culture: streamers usually focus on one game, they buy one game and then stream it for months or even years. Steam is the diametrical opposite: it tries to get you to buy thousands of games that you never play.

Anyone get the Chuck Tingle bundle? I've always been fascinated by his stuff but never picked any up. Bundle seems like a good chance to get a lot of them but can't tell if it's actually worth $15. Are they all pretty much the same jokey writing or what's the deal?

I was reading the descriptions on some of those Chuck Tingle books (I know, I know) and the amount of times he uses the word "butt" makes me think he's a 6th grader.

So naturally I look him up on wikipedia, when;

So here are some more of his gems...

• My Billionaire Triceratops Craves Gay Ass
  • Glazed by the Gay Living Donuts
  • Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt"
  • Reamed by My Reaction to the Title of This Book
  • Professor T-Rex Teaches Me Gayness
  • Bigfoot Settlers Claim My Butthole
  • Lonely Author Pounded by Dinosaur Social Media Followers
  • The State of California Stalks My Gay Butthole
  • Oppressed in the Butt by My Inclusive Holiday Coffee Cups
  • Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt'"
  • Pharma Bro Pounded in the Butt by T-Rex Comedian Bill Murky and a Clan of Triceratops Rappers Trying to Get Their Album Back
  • Leonardo Decaprico Finally Wins His Award And It Pounds Him in the Butt
  • Feeling the Bern in My Butt
  • Pounded by the Pound: Turned Gay by the Socioeconomic Implications of Britain Leaving the European Union
  • Slammed in the Butt by Domald Tromp's Attempt to Avoid Accusations of Plagiarism by Removing All Facts or Concrete Plans from His Republican National Convention Speech

Some of these titles are fucking hilarious. There's too many to list, so peruse away. Although it seems he started to run out of steam, because his last 5 books are;
  • Wednesday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Thursday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Friday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Saturday Pounds Me in the Butt
  • Sunday Pounds Me in the Butt

Not having a good week, I guess?
Ahahahahahahaha... hahahahahahahaha... Haaaaaaaaah...

keigo_kurusu_by_clockworkcrooked-d7cc0tx.jpg

I'm not sure I see that happening. Yes, Amazon owns it, but Amazon buys lots of stuff and basically does nothing with it. Sure, I could be wrong, but to me this seems like thinking that Microsoft is suddenly going to start promoting PC gaming in a serious way instead of just giving us XBOX sloppy seconds like it's been doing for years.

he unironically supports Groupees.
I'm sorry--I just can't accept that this is a real thing. I can't wrap my head around it.

So there is a Chuck Tingle bundle, and it includes none of his gay dinosaur erotica? That's a hard pass for me. I was hoping for some of that hot triceratops sex.

Has anyone launched a bundle recently?  Groupees has one that's actually just a build a bundle at regular sale prices..  Fanatical has launched a HOG bundle and nothing else.

Indiegala has been Indiegala-ing, I guess.

bread's done
Back