Humble Bundle Thread

I was trying to say, at first, yes this was true.
I'd say the important word in your statement is "was." I'm also not sure if the publishers were ever all that enthusiastic about potential 1 cent sales, which is why the pure PWYW went away pretty quickly once it was inevitably exploited.

IIRC during the 2011 Steam holiday sale Hamble changed the minimum for keys from one cent to 25 cents, because people were buying bundles by the dozens to use on their alts to farm coal from the achievement hunts or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC during the 2011 Steam holiday sale Hamble changed the minimum for keys from one cent to 25 cents, because people were buying bundles by the dozens to use on their alts to farm coal from the achievement hunts or something like that.
Yes. And later the minimum moved to $1, first for keys, then for most everything. They also added high tiers above the BTA for some bundles and, for book bundles, moved from BTA to fixed tiers.

While one could get mad at Humble for all of those changes, I think one has to be willfully obtuse to think the desires of the content providers didn't have almost everything to do with Humble's need to make changes.

Hey that's where 30 of my alts came from. Pennying in on games to unlock achievements with a hack to get coal to craft into more games, what a time to be alive.

Humble Software Bundle: Computer Care

hMmW0EZ.png

ksS90mC.gif

From r/GameDealsMeta, new Day of the Devs bundle coming soon:

Humble Bundle’s Featured Charity is Crisis Text Line! You can choose however much of your bundle purchase helps us provide free, confidential, 24/7 support to people in crisis. In crisis yourself? You can reach any of our trained volunteers by texting us at 741741.

Here are some of the bundles that are running right now:

Humble Discovery Pack (through 10/23, 11:00 am PST ): Includes War for the Overworld + Heart of Gold DLC, Osiris New Dawn, Kentucky Route Zero, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, Phantom Brave PC, Tricky Towers

Humble Day of the Devs Bundle 2018 (through 11/2, 10:00 am PST: Includes MINIT, Hyper Light Drifter, Day of the Devs VIP Ticket, Rime, Crossing Souls, Yooka Laylee, Full Throttle Remastered, Burly Men at Sea

Plus there are new bundles being added at the end of the month! You guys have probably already tuned in to the recent conversations around creator burnout, so we’re happy to be working with Humble Bundle to address this issue. Everyone deserves to have help with their mental health.
Legitimately great-looking bundle. Already have HLD and YL but everything else is something I'd probably enjoy.

I'm 99% certain that Steam didn't have a Complete-the-Set bundle for 2017, just 2016. I recall hoping that there would be one but it never showed up. Though I suppose if you plan on getting the entire bundle anyways it wouldn't hurt to wait until the last day just to be safe.

I'm 99% certain that Steam didn't have a Complete-the-Set bundle for 2017, just 2016. I recall hoping that there would be one but it never showed up. Though I suppose if you plan on getting the entire bundle anyways it wouldn't hurt to wait until the last day just to be safe.
wat happened to the 1%? I can't remember the 2017 bundle so it must've sucked

They'd have 8 concurrent bundles if they release that today, which is the same as Groupees. Johnny was right!

About half of them are repeats from Humble and Fanatical, though, so I'm gonna pass.

Nobody mentioned the sPoOPy BUNdLe - Humble Book Bundle: Tales of Horror

$1

• Darkness: Two Decades of Modern Horror (George R.R. Martin, Stephen King, Clive Barker, Joyce Carol Oates, etc.)
  • The Uncertain Places
  • The Urban Fantasy Anthology (Neil Gaiman, others I'm not familiar with)
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Ajin: Demi-Human Vol 1-2
  • The Ultimate Undead (Anne Rice, Harlan Ellison, etc.)

$8

• Portable Childhoods
  • After the Fall, Before the Fall, During the Fall
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Vol 1
  • Dragon Head Vol 1-2 (awesome manga, sadly only two out of ten volumes)
  • Locke & Key Vol 1: Welcome to Lovecraft
  • Can You Just Die, My Darling? Vol 1-2
  • Starving Anonymous Vol 1-2
  • Halloween by Jerry Seinfeld (nothx)
  • The Ultimate Werewolf (Harlan Ellison, some others)

$15

• In the Dark: A Horror Anthology
  • The Best of Joe R. Lansdale
  • Led Astray: The Best of Kelley Armstrong
  • PTSD Radio: Vol 1-2
  • Until Your Bones Rot Vol 1-2
  • The Ultimate Witch (Dean Koontz, Ray Bradbury, etc.)
  • Devils' Line Vol 1-2
  • Kasane Vol 1-2
  • Nightmares: A New Decade of Modern Horror (Garth Nix, some others)

$18

• Cold in July
  • Parasyte Vol 1-2
  • The Ultimate Dracula (Anne Rice, Dan Simmons, etc.)
  • From Hell (Alan Moore)
  • Lovecraft's Monsters (Neil Gaiman and more)

I haven't heard of quite a few of these authors, just the classics. Anyone have any opinions on them? The mangas included are good, but it's only the first two volumes of each when most are over 10 volumes long.

I play games so that I don't have to read.

And I backlog games so that I don't have to play.

I just sit in front of my computer with a frozen DiGiorno, winning.

If my calculations are correct, and the leaked Day of the Devs bundle runs through 11/2, and it's a two-week bundle, then the bundle will be launching today.

However, the 2017 bundle launched on a Tuesday while the 2016 bundle launched on a Saturday.

So, what I'm really trying to say is this post is pointless and I know nothing.

That book bundle is surprisingly not as cringy as I was expecting it to be, they even have some Jesse Ventura stuff in there.
That said, some of the included books are still laughable.

Humble WB Games Classics Bundle

I may BTA depending on how low it drops as I somehow avoided all but Shadow of Mordor and Bastion.

$1:

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition

Batman: Arkham Origins

BTA:

Bastion

Mad Max

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

10% off LEGO The Incredibles

$12:

Batman: Arkham Knight

Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass

$2 credit for monthly subscribers

Missing Batman Arkham Origins from the dollar tier, as well as Arkham Knight from the top tier, but have all the rest. Great bundle if you don't have any of these titles. Too bad there's no Scribblenauts Unmasked here. 

I own Bastion, and... that's it. Not that I have a computer that can play most of the rest.

Do I win cheapest ass reward? I've always wanted to be a two bit hooker.

I'm surprised you guys are missing any of these games. All repeats except Arkham Knight for me, and I'll wait to get the GOTY of that for $5. Haven't even played through the last 2 games yet.

Also, they have a LEGO Incredibles? What's next? LEGO Ben 10? LEGO Final Fantasy XV? LEGO Petz Horsez 2?

EDIT: Actually I lied, I also own Arkham Knight. Just not the season pass. I don't even buy games outside of bundles...

bread's done
Back