Humble Bundle Thread

FWIW, I enjoyed HLD a lot. Satisfying combat that looks and feels really damn cool when you string together combos. Fantastic synth soundtrack. Minimalistic story-telling which may or may not be your thing. The atmosphere and overall vibe were right up my alley.

Also played through Minit last night. Should take 1.5-2 hours for a single playthrough (There's also a more challenging NG+ that shortens the timer and re-arranges item placement). The gameplay loop of doing a lot of the same things over and over again works really well in practice since you tend to learn new info and possibly gain new abilities with each run/"life" to help you proceed. That said, I can see how that kind of repetition would wear thin on some. Had a lot of fun with it, personally. Another game with a quality soundtrack and an enjoyable sense of exploration.

For some reason I thought the fanatical bundle was over, and I just beat the average for the Day of the Devs bundle. Now I'm debating on getting the Originsl bundle and giving the extra Rime, Punch Club, and Grey Goo codes to a friend. Doh.

Hamble Halloween Sale

Buy any game during our Halloween Sale and receive Murderous Pursuits for FREE!
x29p6kb.gif

Humble THQNordic Playstation Bundle 2

All PS4 games:

$1:

Lock's Quest

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Director's Cut

BTA:

This is the Police

The Dwarves

Red Faction II

Black Mirror

Destroy All Humans! 2

$15:

Titan Quest

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Sine Mora EX

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

$2 Credit for Monthly Subscribers

Last edited by a moderator:
Port the Destroy All Humans games to the PC already. And don't give me any of that "we lost the source code, so the best we can do is emulate it" bullshit. Find a way.

Are Darksiders and Destroy All Humans 2 the only repeats?

PSA: Single key, can't boost after purchase.

Edit: Red Faction 1 was in the first, not 2.

Are Darksiders and Destroy All Humans 2 the only repeats?

PSA: Single key, can't boost after purchase.

Edit: Red Faction 1 was in the first, not 2.
This is the exact question that I had. Other than those, Giana Sisters was the only one that I already owned, so $15 tier for me. I play my games on whatever format they're cheapest. But I haven't forgotten about my low-end PC!

This is the exact question that I had. Other than those, Giana Sisters was the only one that I already owned, so $15 tier for me. I play my games on whatever format they're cheapest. But I haven't forgotten about my low-end PC!
I'm guessing Darksiders 2 was excluded since it was a PS Plus game a few months ago. I skipped the $15-tier last time, so I only own Giana Sisters and Destroy All Humans 2. Leaves 8 new games BTA and above, and I get the $2 credit from my Humble Monthly sub. Tempting.

I'm guessing Darksiders 2 was excluded since it was a PS Plus game a few months ago. I skipped the $15-tier last time, so I only own Giana Sisters and Destroy All Humans 2. Leaves 8 new games BTA and above, and I get the $2 credit from my Humble Monthly sub. Tempting.
Unless the buyer is destitute, $15 is a great deal for that many PS4 downloads. Even the PS2 ports are decent (Red Faction II and Destroy All Humans 2). Console games rarely hit the lows that PC games get unless you're counting Android games. Hell, I buy 'em there too.

I love when these PS Humble Bundles pop up. I already have the 2 duplicated games, but it is still such a great deal.

All old games.  Not even any animu games, which is the only reason weebs own Playstation systems.

Also, your ability to play any games you "got for free" from PS Plus is revoked once your sub expires. They're rentals.

All digital games outside of GOG are just rentals.
Not true.

Some stores like Direct2Drive & Gamersgate have sold DRM-Free copies of certain games before. Some still do.

Sacred 2 Gold is sold DRM-Free on Gamersgate.

Rainbow Six: Lockdown is sold DRM-Free style on Amazon DVG.

Also, some games on Steam - they are not wrapped w/ DRM around the game's main EXE.

While you do have to download the game via Steam first - once you have the folder and files, you're likely good.

Just keep the game-folders and back 'em up (on another HDD, discs, whatever), if need be. Grab 'em when you need to.

For example - Wizardry 8 and many DOSBox games aren't wrapped w/ DRM on Steam.

Here's some lists of such games.

GOG's List - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/page1

Steam Wiki List - https://steam.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_DRM-free_games

All digital games outside of GOG are just rentals.
You don't pay a subscription fee to use Steam or download and play Steam games, but your PS Plus "free" games are tied to your subscription and your ability to play them expires when that does. What you wrote sounds like rebuttal or justification, but these are different situations. Might as well be saying you're renting tap water.

You don't pay a subscription fee to use Steam or download and play Steam games, but your PS Plus "free" games are tied to your subscription and your ability to play them expires when that does. What you wrote sounds like rebuttal or justification, but these are different situations. Might as well be saying you're renting tap water.
I was being a little facetious, but that's not the same. You have a temporary license on Steam. You can't transfer the license, and they can revoke it at any time. If you get banned, you no longer have all the games you "own." For that reason, it's a rental, even if it's not a periodic subscription.

The water example doesn't work. I can fill my tub with water, and the water utility isn't going to magically take that away if I fail to pay my bills.

DRM-free is obviously different.

I was being a little facetious, but that's not the same. You have a temporary license on Steam. You can't transfer the license, and they can revoke it at any time. If you get banned, you no longer have all the games you "own." For that reason, it's a rental, even if it's not a periodic subscription.
Well, yes, but you can get your money back for them. If they ban you from Steam and you've spent a thousand dollars there, they can't just keep your money and revoke access to your games.

Might as well be saying you're renting tap water.
Well, you drink water from the tap then later deposit it back into the sanitation system, and the cycle repeats. So, in that sense you are just renting water on a regular basis.

If you had your own independent septic system, like in a rural area, then you'd own your tap water.

:p

Well, yes, but you can get your money back for them. If they ban you from Steam and you've spent a thousand dollars there, they can't just keep your money and revoke access to your games.
Actually...

Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that (a) Valve ceases providing such Subscriptions to similarly situated Subscribers generally, or (b) you breach any terms of this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use). In the event that your Account or a particular Subscription is terminated or cancelled by Valve for a violation of this Agreement or improper or illegal activity, no refund, including of any Subscription fees or of any unused funds in your Steam Wallet, will be granted.

The water example doesn't work. I can fill my tub with water, and the water utility isn't going to magically take that away if I fail to pay my bills.

If you have a game that's technically DRM-FREE from Steam (i.e. the EXE isn't wrapped)...just keep the files/folder, throw them in another location, run it, and it still should work....without Steam going.

With Wizardry 8 - it won't run in Steam folder anyways. Won't work w/ Steam overlay. You still need to put in: C:\WIZ8.

With that case - it wouldn't matter if you got Steam banned, game got revoked, or anything.

Problem is: Steam doesn't really publish which games are DRM-FREE publicly. You have to find out from forums or the hard way by checking yourself.

Actually...

Valve may cancel your Account or any particular Subscription(s) at any time in the event that (a) Valve ceases providing such Subscriptions to similarly situated Subscribers generally, or (b) you breach any terms of this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use). In the event that your Account or a particular Subscription is terminated or cancelled by Valve for a violation of this Agreement or improper or illegal activity, no refund, including of any Subscription fees or of any unused funds in your Steam Wallet, will be granted.
I know, but if someone's out a thousand dollars on Steam and they're locked out of their games, they can sue. They can argue that Valve wanted the person to repurchase all their games and I doubt a judge will disagree.

No um.

Yay, internet arguments, what better way to spend my time at 3:00 in the morning. Okay, here we go. . . .

Technically true, but most PS4 owners would argue that being a Plus member is more-or-less an essential component of console ownership instead of an elite snobby add-on, because Sony linked having + to the functionality of online multiplayer. I would venture to say that a plurality if not an outright majority of console owners would not really want a box that does not allow them to utilize the online multiplayer features of many modern games. For this reason, I suspect that a large proportion of PS4 owners are Plus subscribers who are unlikely to allow their subs to lapse for any significant period of time (unless they just can't afford it).

How secure is your house? I can non-magically remove that water in your tub with a few plastic containers and a siphon hose.

Actually...

Well, this. . . plus, if you're like most CAGs, you acquired a lot of that backlog by means of sale purchases or by using card money, so there's a question of relative return on your investment. If Valve were to just hand you a wad of cash that it considered fair market value for your library and revoke your access to your library, you won't be able to go out with said wad and purchase the equivalent games.

Well, you drink water from the tap then later deposit it back into the sanitation system, and the cycle repeats. So, in that sense you are just renting water on a regular basis.

If you had your own independent septic system, like in a rural area, then you'd own your tap water.

:p
Er, look, buddy, I don't know what sort of backwater you live in, but municipalities cannot legally recycle your wastewater as drinking water in most places. At best, recycled wastewater can be utilized for nonpotable purposes, such as flushing toilets or watering non-food crop plants. If you're drinking the same water that's carrying your waste away, I'd strongly consider suing your utility. You'd have a stronger case than guy-who-sues-Valve-for-Steam-game-access, and that's Flint-level malfeasance.

for all you know life after death is just you sit in a room with nothing but you and your video game collection so NuH UhHhHhH
And Hell is where you are in that room and the only thing you can ever do with those video games is to backlog them and never play them, just like here... Er..... Oh.....

And Hell is where you are in that room and the only thing you can ever do with those video games is to backlog them and never play them, just like here... Er..... Oh.....
In hell, there are price glitches, but you never find out about them till after they've been fixed...

...wait.

Uh oh.

Yay, internet arguments, what better way to spend my time at 3:00 in the morning. Okay, here we go. . . .

Technically true, but most PS4 owners would argue that being a Plus member is more-or-less an essential component of console ownership instead of an elite snobby add-on, because Sony linked having + to the functionality of online multiplayer. I would venture to say that a plurality if not an outright majority of console owners would not really want a box that does not allow them to utilize the online multiplayer features of many modern games. For this reason, I suspect that a large proportion of PS4 owners are Plus subscribers who are unlikely to allow their subs to lapse for any significant period of time (unless they just can't afford it).
Yeah, this seems accurate. The PS4 weebs think that not paying to play games on Steam is the same as paying a PS Plus subscription to play "free" games, when it obviously isn't. They even said that having your account terminated on Steam is the same as not renewing your PS Plus subscription, since that's how you lose licensing rights to your games. All we need now is for Steam to block our online gaming access and then charge us a fee to restore it! Gotta fund those servers!

but it's going to evaporate till you have nothing if you dont refill it!

Anyhow, I have no idea what you all are arguing about, or whose side I'm on (if anyone's), but I wanted to toss that out into the nonsensical mess that's this thread is right now.

bread's done
Back