Humble Bundle Thread

Shit... forgot to cancel. :no:
Me too. SAD!
suicide.gif
Non-subscribers and people who paused or canceled be like:

K3JlLzH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I renewed on purpose the other day to save 10% on This is the Police 2.  Spend $12 to save $.375. 

Should I add that I own Metal Gear and Cities: Skyline already?

I got it because Phantom Pain and Cities were games I had wishlisted so ~$6 each for those isn't bad. I'm sure I will be wholly disappointed with the unlocks, though.

So.. this Aspen Comic bundle has caught my interest.  I liked Fathom (back... 25+ years ago now?) so I own the first Soulfire.  It was good so getting all of this... I just have no idea what's good to read first.... 

Anyone know?

Cardlife looks moderately interesting but they'll need a whole lot more to get $35 for this... unfortunately there's a limited amount of keys for Cardlife so by the time they potentially add enough other stuff they'll run out of keys.

Maybe someone can figure out the unannounced games like they have in years past.

Cardlife looks moderately interesting but they'll need a whole lot more to get $35 for this... unfortunately there's a limited amount of keys for Cardlife so by the time they potentially add enough other stuff they'll run out of keys.
Already shows as sold out when I visited the page...

"Hey, so what if we had a very limited game on Day One so anyone who doesn't buy it in the first hour sees 'Haha fuck you, you don't get the full bundle for your $35'?  That would help drive sales, right?"

Yes, it is an annual event that we bemoan every year as the games in the bundles are not worth what we normally consider for a bundle.  The price of admission is too high for CAGs.  I do appreciate that this is for charity and you can adjust to which charities you want.  For instance, if you have already selected a charity from before such as Be the Match, you can give to that or you have divvy it up among several as 100%  goes to charity, not Humble or devs.  Some people like the skins or miscellaneous that this bundle generally brings.  However, if you are looking for value or a game that would headline a monthly (this is basically 3 times the cost of a monthly), this is not for you (most CAGs). 

Half the time, it's not even games but coupons or item bundles for F2P games or once I think it was even a DLC bundle for a paid game where they didn't offer the base game.  I get the "But for charity!" bit but that has limits -- I don't want to buy a spoiled $25 sandwich even if the money is going "to charity".

If someone IS happy with it though, more power to them.

Half the time, it's not even games but coupons or item bundles for F2P games or once I think it was even a DLC bundle for a paid game where they didn't offer the base game. I get the "But for charity!" bit but that has limits -- I don't want to buy a spoiled $25 sandwich even if the money is going "to charity".
I'll sell you a $25 sandwich that's guaranteed to not be spoiled... proceeds go to charity.... Redswallet

you can adjust to which charities you want. For instance, if you have already selected a charity from before such as Be the Match, you can give to that or you have divvy it up among several as 100% goes to charity, not Humble or devs.
Isn't that how every bundle on Humble works, assuming you actually take the time to play with the sliders?

I don't give a fuck about the charity or the pricing - the limited quantity games is why I don't buy this shit.  This just reminds me of the one time I seriously considered it and 5 minutes later Subnautica sold out.  Apparently they will have other limited quantity games on other days and guess what?  You're not guaranteed to get them!  How great is that?  Early buyers get first dibs.  It's a bullshit way to run an event, but apparently these guys have a lot of fanboys willing to eat it all up. 

On the bright side, the one two years ago was trash that was only redeemed because I could sell off some stupid F2P mount. Last year's was even worse. So I've little fear of regrets this time.

Even though I don't think this bundle is for most of us, I do still think it's a cool thing for them to do.

The only downside is that Humble is less likely to have decent other bundles this month since they might not want to compete with their big charity bundle.

The 'for charity' thing is a bit of a misnomer. Yes, the money ultimately goes to charity but typically it goes to charity THROUGH the corporate entity, in this case Humble/IGN. They benefit in the form of tax deductions. Also Yogscast gets publicity for subscribers, etc. So it's not entirely driven by altruism.

As that's the case, it wouldn't kill them to make these $35 bundles at least moderately attractive value-wise. Although, yes, it's not for CAGs but rather hipster 'gamers' who are more into gaming culture than actually playing games.

Well, since they're going hat in hand to the publishers, I guess they get what they get. The flip side to "It's all for charity" is that the publishers give you F2P skins that cost them literally nothing or 10,000 keys because they're not going to risk the cost of having to pony up a hundred thousand copies "for charity"

Mooby mentioned something that is relevant.  We all could give to charity directly and claim it as a tax write off or just give anonymously or give without concern over the tax write out.  Humble/IGN gets the tax write off through bundles like this.  When we CAGs buy bundles, it has to have a benefit or value to buy into the bundle.   We all know people on CAG that are kind and generous.  We all do things in real life that we do not want nor need recognition for such as being on the top donor list.  I believe that we like to do good when we can.

The issue about the first buyers getting the first keys on the other reveals just sucks as mentioned before it can very well mean that if you buy now or before a game is revealed the next day that you may not receive a key.  Hopefully, Humble/IGN/organizers of this event will listen to constructive feedback.

I missed Cardlife, but $35 is barely an hour of work for me. So I bought it just to leave the comment "how about you stock more keys during the first day instead of making people miss out on Cardlife, you douchebags?" $5 tier means they have to give me a shout-out on their stream.

Yeah, my main problem is with the limited keys. Especially when they are so limited they sell out within 30ish minutes of the bundle launching. And, presumably, anything revealed on later dates that also had limited keys will be effectively 'sold out' upon reveal. Get more than 10,000 keys when you're doing a fairly notable promotion.

Yeah, my main problem is with the limited keys. Especially when they are so limited they sell out within 30ish minutes of the bundle launching. And, presumably, anything revealed on later dates that also had limited keys will be effectively 'sold out' upon reveal. Get more than 10,000 keys when you're doing a fairly notable promotion
This is not the first time for Yocast/JingleJam. Anybody with common sense should have looked at past JingleJams and based a limit on that not 10,000. Look at Guilty Gear- 100,000 keys which is more appropriate. To be fair, I think the timing was a horrible way (within first hour of bundle starting) for a game to go out of stock.

This is not the first time for Yocast/JingleJam. Anybody with common sense should have looked at past JingleJams and based a limit on that not 10,000. Look at Guilty Gear- 100,000 keys which is more appropriate. To be fair, I think the timing was a horrible way (within first hour of bundle starting) for a game to go out of stock.
They should have told the publisher "thanks but no thanks" on the amount of keys they were given.

Maybe do something with live streams with given how few the keys they had. Locking out that many possible buyers is just bad for business and is going to hurt the amount earned for charity.

New reveals today are kind of meh in my estimation but at least they're going with volume. I suspect my disdain for anime might be taking Guilty Gear a few notches below what others might rate it. Vermintide 1 is Vermintide 1 -- it's like giving an even more obscure version of L4D1 away. Guns of Icarus is Groupees-tier fodder. Switch>blade looks okay, I guess, but seems geared more towards Twitch gamers/streamers. Although I guess we probably won't see whole lot of single-player type games in this promo.

In the end I'm sure this will be a good value for casual type gamers or people who don't routinely follow sales but for people like us you're probably better off with three months of Humble Monthly.

Separate topic: Played a bit of that Forager game, a 'preview' of it came with the Humble Monthly. It's like a top/down Terraria/Minecraft. Seems more like a mobile game, though.

The Cardlife dev basically admitted that he didn't really care about the charity angle and just needed some people to play his game and try to jumpstart a community.  Thus he gave out 10,000 keys but didn't want to give out any more and risk devaluing the game.

Of course, if I hear that a dev is desperate to get a community for his game then I can feel safe assuming that it'll be bundled again soon enough.  And I guess the population peak last night was around 180 people so, uh, nice jumpstart.

Day Two looks like a bunch of rebundled stuff and these Jingle Jam bundles are front-loaded so I don't imagine anything coming up will make me regret my choice not to buy in.

Ironically, he probably would have done better to save those 10k keys and instead get in on a BTA tier in a traditional bundle.  Would have moved as many keys and gotten paid something for it.

Humble Team17 Bundle

$1+:

Penarium

Worms Clan Wars

Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition

BTA:

The Escapists

The Escapists - Fhurst Peak Correctional Facility

The Escapists - Alcatraz

The Escapists - Escape Team

The Escapists - Duct Tapes are Forever

Overcooked: Gourmet Edition

Sheltered

$10:

Worms W.M.D.

Overcooked 2, Escapists 2, Yoku's Island Express, My Time at Portia, and Mugsters all look pretty neat, but I can't buy them because Team 17 has Humbled literally their entire catalog. Waiting game continues.

I’m actually glad I was on a plane when this dropped. Saved me from being surprised that Humble could still find new ways to disappoint me.

question about the humble monthly if i subscribe to the month to month plan 1 day before the next month is revealed will i get charged automatically when next month early unlock is revealed?  if the answer is "no you won't" what happens if i like the early unlock and want the next month's humble monthly?

bread's done
Back