Humble Bundle Thread

question about the humble monthly if i subscribe to the month to month plan 1 day before the next month is revealed will i get charged automatically when next month early unlock is revealed? if the answer is "no you won't" what happens if i like the early unlock and want the next month's humble monthly?
pretty sure you will be, you get locked in one week before the reveal so what most people do is cancel the thur/fri the week before the unlocks happen to avoid being auto-charged at the end of the month and being locked in

pretty sure you will be, you get locked in one week before the reveal so what most people do is cancel the thur/fri the week before the unlocks happen to avoid being auto-charged at the end of the month and being locked in
yes i know i'll be auto charged on 2018/12/28 (one week before the February's early reveal) but my question is will i be charged tomorrow for January's early reveal if i subscribe today for December's monthly.

yes i know i'll be auto charged on 2018/12/28 (one week before the February's early reveal) but my question is will i be charged tomorrow for January's early reveal if i subscribe today for December's monthly.
No. You won't be auto-charged for the January bundle until December 28 -- the final Friday of the month.

You have the option to go ahead and pay for the January bundle after the early game(s) is/are revealed. Only then will you be given the key for the revealed game(s).

I know it is confusing since the December bundle and the January early reveal occur at the same time. But, if you're on a monthly plan you only get access to keys in this manner:

Early reveal keys - when you are auto-charged (for the January bundle) or you elect to pay early.

Full bundle - when bundle is revealed (first Friday of January)

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you won't, but if you want to get the new games there'll be a big button on the monthly page to pay early to get the unlocks now.

No, you won't, but if you want to get the new games there'll be a big button on the monthly page to pay early to get the unlocks now.

No. You won't be auto-charged for the January bundle until December 28 -- the final Friday of the month.

You have the option to go ahead and pay for the January bundle after the early game(s) is/are revealed. Only then will you be given the key for the revealed game(s).

I know it is confusing since the December bundle and the January early reveal occur at the same time. But, if you're on a monthly plan you only get access to keys in this manner:

Early reveal keys - when you are auto-charged (for the January bundle) or you elect to pay early.

Full bundle - when bundle is revealed (first Friday of January)
thx guys for clearing it up for me

I got an email notice that Humble was having a Microsoft Studio sale.  I saw that they were selling State of Decay.  ok.  Well, it is the vanilla version of State of Decay which you cannot buy anymore as Steam redirects you to buy the YOSE version.  Thanks, but no.

I got an email notice that Humble was having a Microsoft Studio sale. I saw that they were selling State of Decay. ok. Well, it is the vanilla version of State of Decay which you cannot buy anymore as Steam redirects you to buy the YOSE version. Thanks, but no.
Collector's item!

I got an email notice that Humble was having a Microsoft Studio sale. I saw that they were selling State of Decay. ok. Well, it is the vanilla version of State of Decay which you cannot buy anymore as Steam redirects you to buy the YOSE version. Thanks, but no.
And that one comes without the two DLC. One of which, Breakdown, is pretty much the only reason to play as the campaign is just a big tutorial.

I just started wondering how long it'll be until Epic starts paying to have their own game store keys included in bundles instead of Steam keys. But then I realized, nah, Humble can't be bought.

I just started wondering how long it'll be until Epic starts paying to have their own game store keys included in bundles instead of Steam keys. But then I realized, nah, Humble can't be bought.
There could be Epic store keys from humble. We have had bundles that utilized origin keys and uplay keys. Some games such as Far Cry are being issued as Uplay keys. Humble also sells games activated on BattleNet and Bethesda.net . So, why not another such as Epic?

I am wondering if there is any financial incentive for a company to be created that would be akin to moviesanywhere for PC gaming. With all the different companies with various launchers, a valid concern that gamers have is keeping track of where there games are. Log into your pcgamesanywhere account and it would keep track of your games and hopefully have options such as keeping the clients and games up to date.

There could be Epic store keys from humble. We have had bundles that utilized origin keys and uplay keys. Some games such as Far Cry are being issued as Uplay keys. Humble also sells games activated on BattleNet and Bethesda.net . So, why not another such as Epic?

I am wondering if there is any financial incentive for a company to be created that would be akin to moviesanywhere for PC gaming. With all the different companies with various launchers, a valid concern that gamers have is keeping track of where there games are. Log into your pcgamesanywhere account and it would keep track of your games and hopefully have options such as keeping the clients and games up to date.
MysterD, get your lack of sarcasm-comprehension back on your own account.

December's monthly unlocks are: Mega Man Legacy Collection, Zombie Army Trilogy, Immortal Redneck, Purrfect Date -Visual Novel/Dating Simulator, Seven: The Long Days Gone, and NeuroVoider

January's early unlocks are Just Cause 3 XXL Edition, Wizard of Legend, and Project Cars 2.
gG4aS0P.png

December Humble Monthly

Mega Man Legacy Collection

Zombie Army Trilogy

Immortal Redneck

Purrfect Date - Visual Novel/Dating Simulator

Seven: The Days Long Gone

NeuroVoider

January Humble Monthly Early Reveal

Just Cause 3 XXL

Wizard Of Legend

Project Cars 2 

December seems good

January is a pass for me

-------------- edit ----------------------

ninjaed  :booty:

I only owned the Cities base game for December and these unlocks are kind of random, but I'm not disappointed. Mega Man is nice. Seven was the only wishlister for me.

January actually seems really good for me.

Just Cause 3 is finally in a Humble Monthly. Its nice that they've included the complete edition instead of just the base game. Might check it out in the cesspool or Barter.

Unlocks are OK but still a bit disappointing: Zombie Army Trilogy would have made it worth it... if I didn't already own it.

JC3 XXL and Project Cars 2, on the other hand? Now that's more like it.

Looking forward to Wizard of Legend. Can't decide if I want to keep or sell Just Cause and Project Cars. I've already played some JC3 on console and thought it was fine, but not something I would buy normally. I love arcadey racing games, but have never been interested in realistic ones. I really enjoyed the last Forza Horizon, but that's about as realistic as I get. Tempted to try Project Cars, but I'd probably be better off selling it.

Glad I skipped this month. Nothing I particularly want, although a few of the games look decent. 

Nazi Zombie Trilogy is fun if you play through it with friends, pretty boring solo.  Glad I didn't sub for this month as Seven is the only game I'm interested in and was able to get it for $1.  Tempted by mega man but those first few games always frustrate the hell out of me.

Looking forward to Wizard of Legend. Can't decide if I want to keep or sell Just Cause and Project Cars. I've already played some JC3 on console and thought it was fine, but not something I would buy normally. I love arcadey racing games, but have never been interested in realistic ones. I really enjoyed the last Forza Horizon, but that's about as realistic as I get. Tempted to try Project Cars, but I'd probably be better off selling it.

Glad I skipped this month. Nothing I particularly want, although a few of the games look decent.
If you don't like Forza Motorsports I think you'll have a hard time enjoying Project Cars. At least that was my experience with the first. I really enjoy FMS but PC is pretty crazy when it comes to controls without a steering wheel.

Translation: In FMS7 I can do amazing things in a McLaren P1... In PC with the same car/track I struggle to finish a lap. (Note: I've not tried PC2.)

Those are better unlocks than last month (not that that was hard to accomplish), but I'm not upset I skipped.

Haven't played Just Cause 3 so I'm probably in for January.

MMLC, NeuroVoider and Seven all look like solid unlocks. FWIW, Seven has a demo if you want to give it a try before deciding whether or not to buy/sell a copy. The top negative review says the load times are ridiculous but they were only a matter of seconds in the demo. Game itself plays nicely although the stealth mechanics aren't quite as robust as I'd like.

I played Project Cars 1 and it's a good game but it's super simmy and I suck at it just like I suck at all racing sims. I prefer arcade stuff like FH, NFS, Crew, etc.

Had a feeling Mega Man would be in a bundle sooner or later. These are pretty good unlocks, although I'm not personally itnerested in most of them. 

Could've been a worse month. Megaman for a nostalgia trip of frustration. Zombie trilogy and the Seven game were actually on my wishlist. Next month looks okay.

Pretty happy with the unlocks on top of Metal Gear and Cities.  Will stay subbed for JC3 and Wizard of Legend.  No interest in Project Cars, though, if any wants to pick it up from me for a few Amazon gift buckos.

If Mooby is happy with the unlocks you know they aren't terrible. I think they're pretty good. I already have Zombie Army Trilogy but it hasn't been bundled anywhere and maybe I'll find someone to give it to to coop with. Most of the rest are games I've had on my radar but didn't want to buy, so overall its a decent month, not a shitshow like last months unlocks were.

Not a fan of the new headliners except for maybe Project Cars 2. JC3 has been glitched for $2 before so I figure only the dlc is worthwhile.. which I already own.

The fact that I held out on Zombie Trilogy certainly helped.  But the indie game unlocks are all solid... except for degenerate cat-dating sim.

I valued MGSV Complete at $5, so I guess the rest is close enough to $7 worth that I can live with it. ZAT isn't a bad get, was overdue for a bundle but the only other game I care for is Mega Man which I already own on Xbone and PS4, which doesn't make it worth much to me.
Could have been worse like last month though.

I actually like next month's headliners since I haven't bought JC3 yet. Including all the DLC was a nice touch though it's a shame Project Cars 2 didn't.

Pretty excited about Seven. Overall, not bad at all.

I am a bit annoyed about Zombie Trilogy though as it's been 80% off on Steam for the last couple of years anyway. To me, it's like them slipping in Darksiders II, Dead Island, and Resident Evil 6... stuff that's been on sale perennially.

I'd personally rather see a few well-regarded lower-priced off-the-radar games than previously heavily-discounted AAA games.

I valued MGSV Complete at $5, so I guess the rest is close enough to $7 worth that I can live with it. ZAT isn't a bad get, was overdue for a bundle but the only other game I care for is Mega Man which I already own on Xbone and PS4, which doesn't make it worth much to me.
Could have been worse like last month though.

I actually like next month's headliners since I haven't bought JC3 yet. Including all the DLC was a nice touch though it's a shame Project Cars 2 didn't.
They'll probably add the DLC in an upper tier for a normal bundle like they did last time for Project Cars 1.

FYI I was checking my subscription and noticed that they're currently running a year subscription to the monthly for $99. Said it should apply to anyone who doesn't already have more than 20 months of credit built up.

I hate to say but that dating simulator with the cats was on my wish list I believe so that's good. Overall a very good month. Not feeling next month's early unlocks yet, but I do want to play that Wizard game, so that's something.

Anyone point out yet that the 12 month sub is on sale for $99? 

Foreshadowing of continued lower-quality to come? Maybe. But also 30% off is nice. 

Anyone point out yet that the 12 month sub is on sale for $99?

Foreshadowing of continued lower-quality to come? Maybe. But also 30% off is nice.
I'll hold out until after this promotion ends and the next one starts a week later when they offer the annual sub for $90 + 4 free games and $10 Humble store credit. I ain't no sucka!!!

Would be appealing if I were confident the odds of me wanting more than half of the monthlies in that span were any good.
breaking it down it comes out to 8.33 a bundle

if you're willing to cesspool games you don't want you'll actually probably make money

$45 savings over paying the standard $12/month, and I'm 99% sure I'd buy every monthly over the next year anyways, but these year-long subs have never been appealing enough to get me to drop that much money up front. Give me a discount on a 3-month sub, maybe even a 6-month sub, and then I'd consider it.

I'm doing it. I missed out on some decent games that weren't being cesspool'd easily like Hollow Knight and Immortal Redneck.
and i imagine it'll be easy to sell complete bundles for $10.50 for those months with nothing i want

I'm doing it. I missed out on some decent games that weren't being cesspool'd easily like Hollow Knight and Immortal Redneck.
and i imagine it'll be easy to sell complete bundles for $10.50 for those months with nothing i want
Wasn't Hollow Knight an early unlock? (What's it going for in the cesspool anyhow and how much are you willing to pay?)

breaking it down it comes out to 8.33 a bundle

if you're willing to cesspool games you don't want you'll actually probably make money
Probably. But I hate having to cesspool, I usually just ask if someone in this thread wants to buy one of the early reveals for $3-4 which I think is a reasonable price when you split the cost of the bundle. I rarely try to sell the unlocks/late reveals because it's not worth the time for $1 and just end up giving away stuff I don't want.

Also, at least for my tastes, the monthlies have been pretty hit or miss and that's only magnified now that IGN owns it.

Probably. But I hate having to cesspool, I usually just ask if someone in this thread wants to buy one of the early reveals for $3-4 which I think is a reasonable price when you split the cost of the bundle. I rarely try to sell the unlocks/late reveals because it's not worth the time for $1 and just end up giving away stuff I don't want.

Also, at least for my tastes, the monthlies have been pretty hit or miss and that's only magnified now that IGN owns it.
Yeah, I get not wanting to put up with the annoyance of the cesspool. I've had a year long subscription like the last two years now, though, and the majority of bundles after cesspooling I probably wind up spending less than 1-2 dollars on average. So let's say you wind up spending 24 dollars a year after cesspooling, even if you only keep 8 games all year (I probably wind up keeping around 25-30) that's 3 bucks a game, which isn't a bad deal considering the MSRP and quality of some of the headliners.

Basically to me the year long subscription (particularly if you get it during a deal) is an amazing deal if you're willing to cesspool, if not it's probably still one of the cheaper ways out there to get decent games but it's just alright.

New additions to Yogscast are LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias and an exclusive skin for Jurassic Park Evolution, which sits at a hefty $54.99 price tag still.

LostWinds 2 is actually really good, but it's also a game that was released on the original Wii. Good platformer with somewhat dated graphics.

bread's done
Back