Humble Bundle Thread

I haven't bought anything from Humble for a while.  Do they not provide direct downloads for the games that you buy from the bundles anymore?  I noticed that the games in the Caffeine bundle are just Steam keys.  I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm just wondering about the change.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this question.

I haven't bought anything from Humble for a while. Do they not provide direct downloads for the games that you buy from the bundles anymore? I noticed that the games in the Caffeine bundle are just Steam keys. I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm just wondering about the change. Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this question.
Only if they are DRM free

Tyranny was "free" via Twitch / Amazon Prime.

If you already have Gonner, the Blueberry edition DLC is free. Solid $1 tier, especially if you had not already picked up Gonner or Headlander. Treadnauts looks fun and worth $1 by itself.

BTA tier is good as far as the 3 games in it but most of should have them as all previously bundled. My only complaint is why not include the complete version of This War of Mine.

If you want Tyranny on Steam, then the $12 tier is not bad as you can sell Shadow Tactics.
Shadow Tactics was also free with Twitch

Already had all but two, but this is a good bundle if you aren't one that buys bundles often. Will probably see a lot of the higher tier games in monthlies, cuz IGN gonna IGN.

Already had all but two, but this is a good bundle if you aren't one that buys bundles often. Will probably see a lot of the higher tier games in monthlies, cuz IGN gonna IGN.
You don't even have to buy them that often for this to be loaded with dupes. I haven't been buying many bundles for a while and I've still got a bunch of these.

I grabbed the $1 tier of the Deadly Class Image Comics bundle this morning.  I don't even know if I'll like it since I haven't read the comics or seen the Syfy show yet, but 11 comics for a buck is a pretty good deal.  And the $15 tier of the Dynamite Comics bundle looks pretty good.  

Not a double post, but I made what I think was a pretty good purchase from the Humble Winter Sale.  Until now, I'd never bought anything from the Humble Store that wasn't a bundle.  But I only spent $10.81 on everything below.

Balancity

Escape Goat 2

Monday Night Combat

Iron Fisticle

Jet Car Stunts

#KILLALLZOMBIES

Monday Night Combat

Spirits

Tachyon Project

Teslagrad

Tidalis

The Floor is Jelly

Wasteland Angel

Balancity was free after applying 55 cents that I got back in Humble Rewards, and Teslagrad was a free game that they gave me after I spent $5 on the sale.  So, I don't think that I did too badly on this sale.  I went a little bit crazy, but my plan is to cut back considerably on gaming purchases after my birthday that's coming up in March.

Edit: I discovered after that purchasing Iron Fisticle on Humble also gets you the remade/remastered version of the game Iron Crypticle as a separate game.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Every game in this bundle except Dear Esther was given away on twitch prime already. Hard pass.
Damn, I'm looking in my Twitch client and can't find Tyranny ... I can't believe that I missed that, I have literally every other game they gave away during the Twitch Prime month ...

Not a double post, but I made what I think was a pretty good purchase from the Humble Winter Sale. Until now, I'd never bought anything from the Humble Store that wasn't a bundle. But I only spent $10.81 on everything below.

Balancity

Escape Goat 2

Monday Night Combat

Iron Fisticle

Jet Car Stunts

#KILLALLZOMBIES

Monday Night Combat

Spirits

Tachyon Project

Teslagrad

Tidalis

The Floor is Jelly

Wasteland Angel

Balancity was free after applying 55 cents that I got back in Humble Rewards, and Teslagrad was a free game that they gave me after I spent $5 on the sale. So, I don't think that I did too badly on this sale. I went a little bit crazy, but my plan is to cut back considerably on gaming purchases after my birthday that's coming up in March.

Edit: I discovered after that purchasing Iron Fisticle on Humble also gets you the remade/remastered version of the game Iron Crypticle as a separate game.
I was a little sad to see that the sale ended. I have a few bucks of credit expiring in a couple months and there were a few games I was considering including Iron Fisticle (if I had known about the bonus, that would've been enough to get me to go ahead and grab that). They have an encore sale right now, but everything I was watching except Battlechasers is back up to normal price.

Was about to cancel the Monthly, then got the offer for $3 off the normal price. Decisions. I want Yakuza, but it looks like the other two early unlocks are about as popular on here as crotch rot, so it doesn't look like I will be able to drop them for a halfway reasonable price. Do I spent $9 on Yakuza and hope the other unlocks aren't as rotten as The Division and that online only game or proceed with canceling and just get Yakuza down the road on its own on Steam?

I was a little sad to see that the sale ended. I have a few bucks of credit expiring in a couple months and there were a few games I was considering including Iron Fisticle (if I had known about the bonus, that would've been enough to get me to go ahead and grab that). They have an encore sale right now, but everything I was watching except Battlechasers is back up to normal price.
The weird thing about Iron Fisticle is that I can't get the game to change itself out of whatever zoomed-in mode it's in over to full screen, so I was more or less forced to play Iron Crypticle instead since I couldn't play the original on my TV. But I hope you get to play the game at some point. It's actually one of the better twin stick games that I own. In fact, I like it so much that I've triple-dipped on buying it between platforms.

Public Service Announcement: today is the last day to cancel or pause the Humble Monthly.

I actually remembered this time.

Yakuza 0 is the only reveal that looks interesting to me and it looks too similar to sleepy dogs which I've never come close to finishing. Also, it retails for $19.99 -- not exactly an amazing discount if the rest of the bundle is garbage.

Public Service Announcement: today is the last day to cancel or pause the Humble Monthly.

I actually remembered this time.

Yakuza 0 is the only reveal that looks interesting to me and it looks too similar to sleepy dogs which I've never come close to finishing. Also, it retails for $19.99 -- not exactly an amazing discount if the rest of the bundle is garbage.
It's not entirely like Sleeping Dogs.

Sleeping Dogs is more like GTA mixed with Batman: Arkham style fighting. In Sleeping Dogs, you're going to need to drive around to get around (like in GTA) and can actually shoot guns at times in combat (though, not as much as you'd do in GTA). Yakuza 0 doesn't really deal w/ gunplay much at all from your characters, TBH. Most of the time, you're brawling and just walking/running around to get around the game-world.

Combat in Yakuza 0 is quite a bit different than Batman: Arkham games, as it doesn't feel like it's got a heavy emphasis built off of counters. Most of the time, it's combat is very much on the offense. You can learn and do counter moves, but....I'm not using them much TBH. Whereas in Batman: Arkham, you'll counter a lot; it's part of the game's system big time. Also, Yakuza's camera isn't always friendly (it can be stuck in certain places and corners) and both the camera & combat can be a bit wonky - but, there are complexities to the combat system; especially when you learn different styles and can switch them on-the-fly and mix 'em up them up during combat.

Also, in Yakuza 0, there are side quests that could rival many games' main quest-line stuff here. This isn't the UbiSoft type of side-questing of "Kill X guys", "conquer X areas", and other MMO-style padding for grinding. These side-quests often have their own characters, short-stories, motivations, and things of that sort. Also, unlike the main story - many of the quests can be weird, off-the-wall, wacky, funny, hilarious, strange, twisted, serious...and/or who knows what else you'll get - which is a lot of the charm and greatness on the side stuff.

Yakuza 0 also will really take its time w/ story on especially the main stuff, taking even 15-30 minutes at times just for a cut-scene...just to flesh out the story, characters, and whatnot - which I think it does an excellent job at this stuff (the translation to English & Japanese audio is excellent). Main stuff's mostly serious, while who knows what you'll get in the side stuff.

Also, that's not even getting into the mini-games you can get into, too - of playing pool, doing karaoke, playing darts, playing poker, playing roulette, and other stuff...which also feel like they could've been their own games even on their own. These mini-games can be time-sinks themselves.

Sleeping Dogs is a gritty, Hong-Kong hard-boiled style crime-noir GTA clone with more emphasis on beat-em-up and traveling by foot. Yakuza is a weird Japanese style game with Japanese weirdness and sense of humor, character development, lots of minigames and side quests, ridiculous combat, and pizza delivery. The only thing they have in common is the broad strokes umbrella genre they are in, and that they have Asian people in them. Other than that last part you could have named pretty much any other title in the genre (GTA, Mafia III, Lego City Undercover) and you'd get a more accurate comparison to Sleeping Dogs.

Sleeping Dogs has a good amount of character development.  Yakuza has way too much.  Like get the fuck on already I want to beat someone up and do some dumb mini game.  

I found Yakuza story to be pretty good. I feel Yakuza 1 and 2 had a well written story, but I believe they were both written by the same novelist. I didn't enjoy Yakuza 0's story as much mainly cause I knew exactly the events of 1...so this was eventually going to lead into it. I loved the Goro Majima stuff though. The Kiryu part was good too, but the other part did some good fleshing out. Still a good story overall for 0. To this day I still haven't played Yakuza 2....will play the remake. 3 had the watch the story thing though....but yeah I really need to play the game.

So it hasn't changed.
"Compile Heart’s New PS Vita Game Has You Shooting and Peeping on Giant Women"

gun-gun-pixeis-11-07-16-4.jpg

...OK.

So there's a Numenera bundle, eh? Does anyone even play that game? I've never actually heard of people participating in Numenera.
I know of it but in (mumble) years, I've never seen anyone actually playing it. My impression is that it's definitely a "bring your own group" type of game. But I guess enough people play it overall to keep making the books.

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me on Yakuza 0, it sounds like I made a good choice to skip as it's just not my thing, apparently.

Sleeping Dogs is a gritty, Hong-Kong hard-boiled style crime-noir GTA clone with more emphasis on beat-em-up and traveling by foot. Yakuza is a weird Japanese style game with Japanese weirdness and sense of humor, character development, lots of minigames and side quests, ridiculous combat, and pizza delivery.

The only thing they have in common is the broad strokes umbrella genre they are in, and that they have Asian people in them. Other than that last part you could have named pretty much any other title in the genre (GTA, Mafia III, Lego City Undercover) and you'd get a more accurate comparison to Sleeping Dogs.
I loved Sleeping Dogs. That game was awesome. Not only that about the actual game itself...but the voice-acting, character stuff and story was also really good in that game.

Yakuza 0 is also great, from what I've played so far. Not only is the main quest & the story/character stuff excellent so far - but with so much variety in the side-quests and mini-games, this is just really hard to put down b/c it doesn't feel like it has that UbiSoft grinding & repetition.

I don't know how anyone can go wrong with either title, TBH.

EDIT:

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me on Yakuza 0, it sounds like I made a good choice to skip as it's just not my thing, apparently.
giphy.gif

I wont dis either cause I wish we got a Sleeping Dogs 2. Sleeping Dogs was excellent and a really fun game. The side activities were barely there, but otherwise it was an excellent game. I may replay it someday. I'm the biggest Yakuza fanboy, so I don't have much to say, but I find the characters, stories, side-missions and all to be very fun and the only one i struggled with (still haven't played 5 or 6 yet) was 3 cause it had a very slow story and the cut missions sucked. I really hope they decide to release the PS4 remasters in NA (they likely will).

Humble Indie Playstation Bundle 2019

[All on PS4]

$1

Grim Fandango Remastered (w/ Soundtrack)

The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled

InnerSpace (w/ Soundtrack)

BTA

Layers of Fear (w/ Soundtrack)

Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Standard Edition

The Talos Principle

Broken Age (w/ Soundtrack)

$15

Killing Floor 2

Shadow Warrior 2

Notes:

• Single Key for the 3 games on the $1 tier
  • Single Key for the 4 games on the BTA tier
  • Single Key for the 2 games on the $15 tier
  • If you have a game via PS Plus (like Grim Fandango Remastered), you can't actually use this to "buy" a copy of it.
  • PS Plus List:
    Grim Fandango Remastered (Jan 2016)
  • Broken Age (Oct 2015)
  • Killing Floor 2 (Jun 2017)

[All on PS4]

$1

Grim Fandango Remastered

The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarked

InnerSpace

BTA

Layers of Fear

The Talos Principle

Broken Age

$15

Killing Floor 2

Shadow Warrior 2

Note: I'm assuming that if I have a game via PS Plus (like Grim Fandango Remastered), I can't actually use this to "buy" a copy of it. I know that's how it used to work at least.
That's how it just worked for me on Grim Fandango and Broken Age, which was a bummer.

But I wanted Bard's Tale, Wasteland 2, and Talos, and didn't have any of those from prior purchase or PS+, so I'm happy.

Anyone know if each game has it's own key?  I think the last time they did a Playstation bundle, each tier had it's own key instead of each game.

[All on PS4]

$1

InnerSpace (w/ Soundtrack)

BTA

Layers of Fear (w/ Soundtrack)

The Talos Principle

Broken Age (w/ Soundtrack)

$15

Killing Floor 2

Shadow Warrior 2

Notes:

• Single Key for the 3 games on the $1 Tier
  • If you have a game via PS Plus (like Grim Fandango Remastered), you can't actually use this to "buy" a copy of it.
  • PS Plus List:
  • Broken Age (Oct 2015)
Is the $15 tier also one key for both games? Assuming it is since the others all are.

[All on PS4]

$1

InnerSpace (w/ Soundtrack)

BTA

Layers of Fear (w/ Soundtrack)

The Talos Principle

Broken Age (w/ Soundtrack)

$15

Killing Floor 2

Shadow Warrior 2

Notes:

• Single Key for the 3 games on the $1 tier
  • Single Key for the 2 games on the $15 tier
  • PS Plus List:
  • Broken Age (Oct 2015)
3oa6.gif

bread's done
Back