Humble Bundle Thread

Can any nerds confirm whether the miniseries collected in the new Star Trek comics bundle on Humble are the full runs, or just the first issues?
Which ones in particular? I pulled the bundle down most look complete, except Q Conflict but that just released so I'm not surprised that one is 1st.

Looks like Primate Directive, The Space Between, Starfleet Academy, Hive, Intelligence Gathering, Ghosts, Through the Mirror, Succession, Mirror Broken, the Light of Kahless, and City on the Edge of Forever all have multiple issues associated with them, though Humble doesn't make it clear whether you're getting the collections or just the first issues. I would assume the former, but I'd also prefer not to assume when it comes to Humble these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Primate Directive - 134 pages, looks to be trade
The Space Between - 154 pages, looks to be trade
Starfleet Academy - 126 pages, looks to be trade
Hive - 106 pages, looks to be trade
Intelligence Gathering - 126 pages, looks to be trade
Ghosts - 123 pages, looks to be trade
Through the Mirror - 124 pages, looks to be trade
Succession - 148 pages, looks to be trade
Mirror Broken - 140 pages, looks to be trade
The Light of Kahless - 100 pages, looks to be trade
City on the Edge of Forever - 136 pages, looks to be trade

Primate Directive - 134 pages, looks to be trade
The Space Between - 154 pages, looks to be trade
Starfleet Academy - 126 pages, looks to be trade
Hive - 106 pages, looks to be trade
Intelligence Gathering - 126 pages, looks to be trade
Ghosts - 123 pages, looks to be trade
Through the Mirror - 124 pages, looks to be trade
Succession - 148 pages, looks to be trade
Mirror Broken - 140 pages, looks to be trade
The Light of Kahless - 100 pages, looks to be trade
City on the Edge of Forever - 136 pages, looks to be trade
Thanks! That definitely makes the bundle a bit more appealing.

Now here's a CAG I feel I havent seen in years. Welcome back?!
Ha, thanks. I've been around just don't post all that much, just when I can actually answer a question. When GameStop starting actually showing values online that killed most of my noticeable posting. Most of my time and energy goes into expanding my home network and media capabilities and not much of a community for those items here. I kind of lurk around the Humble thread to see if any good comics deals come up as I buy about 80% of the comic bundles that come up. So if anyone has any questions on what is in those at times I'll try to keep a better eye on this thread as I can typically answer any questions on the comic bundles.

Meh. I have Absolver through PS+ and Game Pass, Mutant Year Zero through Game Pass and I've never heard of Northgard. Last month's headliners were better. Here's hoping for good unlocks.

Up to Spawn #57 or so. Been hooked, shame they stopped doing Origins Collections though supposedly they're reprinting them this May so maybe they'll finally make more. Either way, no regrets on my first top-tier purchase of a book bundle.

Here's the recommended reading order list I've been using https://imagecomics.fandom.com/wiki/Spawn_Recommended_Reading_Order

Humble Indie Bundle 20

Pretty underwhelming higher tiers.

I also guess they stopped doing unlocks on these?  Bleh.

PWYW:

The First Tree

Tangledeep

Among the Sleep

BTA:

Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy

Tooth and Tail

Dream Daddy: A Daddy Dating Simulator

$10:
Overgrowth

Going to BTA to get Dream Daddy and Tooth game. Tangledeep is on my wish list so that's something!

Wow, that's awful an awful Indie Bundle.
No it's not. It does have an awfully weak top tier, which is a good thing for those waiting for a nice low BTA.

I just need to decide if I need a second copy of the bundle at the BTA level so my son can have Tooth and Tail and my wife can have Dream Daddy. (No, I can't just give her the Dream Daddy key from the first bundle I buy. That would mean I don't have a copy of Dream Daddy. I need to feature that on my profile right next to Hatoful Boyfriend and that cat dating game.)

Awful.  Question is do I want Tooth and Tail and maybe Tangledeep for $3ish?  Rest I wouldn't even bother with...

Keep in mind this is a 'full-fledged' numbered Humble Bundle.  And it's probably the worst bundle they've put out in a while.

Yeah, I feel like the $1 tier is very appealing...and the BTA is appealing since the average tanked pretty hard.

I don't know who had the idea to put Overgrowth by itself in the $10 tier, but it worked out for me.

No it's not. It does have an awfully weak top tier, which is a good thing for those waiting for a nice low BTA.

I just need to decide if I need a second copy of the bundle at the BTA level so my son can have Tooth and Tail and my wife can have Dream Daddy. (No, I can't just give her the Dream Daddy key from the first bundle I buy. That would mean I don't have a copy of Dream Daddy. I need to feature that on my profile right next to Hatoful Boyfriend and that cat dating game.)
It's an awful Indie Bundle with 'meh' games. Probably the weakest they've ever had.

It's an awful Indie Bundle with 'meh' games. Probably the weakest they've ever had.
Look at the list of games from the last five Humble Indie Bundles. This one doesn't stand out in terms of what it offers, and it's certainly better than some. (I mean, at the very least you seem to have pushed 15 completely from your memory.)

Looking at my own history, I went with BTA on only two of those five, and it looks like I wasn't all that thrilled with going BTA on the two that I did nor all that torn by skipping the BTA on the three I didn't. This bundle I'd likely have grabbed at BTA even if it stayed a bit more expensive than it did, and as is I'm probably grabbing twice.

I will easily grant that this is not in the top tier of Humble Indie Bundles. It's certainly no six or 12.

Look at the list of games from the last five Humble Indie Bundles. This one doesn't stand out in terms of what it offers, and it's certainly better than some. (I mean, at the very least you seem to have pushed 15 completely from your memory.)

Looking at my own history, I went with BTA on only two of those five, and it looks like I wasn't all that thrilled with going BTA on the two that I did nor all that torn by skipping the BTA on the three I didn't. This bundle I'd likely have grabbed at BTA even if it stayed a bit more expensive than it did, and as is I'm probably grabbing twice.

I will easily grant that this is not in the top tier of Humble Indie Bundles. It's certainly no six or 12.
For a numbered bundle, which used to be the flagship of the bundles before monthly bundles became a thing, it's trash-tier.

Dad Dating Simulator is all it needs to sink it to the bottom.
You may find the genre or theme not for you, but it's a well-reviewed indie game that has a Linux version. It would likely be at home in a BTA tier in any era of Humble Indie Bundles, and then show up as a repeat in the $1 tier one or two bundles later.

Apparently the last PC game bundle I bought was in March of last year according to my emails, so while I am not going to say this is a great bundle it is the first one in a year where I am going to actually go in for at least the $1 tier (only one that looks appealing tbh.)

So it's kind of an improvement for me? I guess.

You may find the genre or theme not for you, but it's a well-reviewed indie game that has a Linux version. It would likely be at home in a BTA tier in any era of Humble Indie Bundles, and then show up as a repeat in the $1 tier one or two bundles later.
There are games that are just not for me... and then there are games that... people need to reconsider their life choices if they play them.

I played about 10 or so hours of Tangledeep on my Switch and I think it is a great game, especially for a buck. However for me, it is a type of game I would rather have on the go.

Have a friend who has been beating the drum for Tangledeep, so there is that.

I have an interest in The Last Tree and Tooth and Tail, b that is it.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

I love VNs, but Dream Daddy isn't good enough to be headlining this bundle. One of the weakest main HBs yet.
I'd say Tooth and Tail is headlining. And I'd agree with your rating. One of the weakest.

We haven't seen a main HB that can be considered anywhere close to the top of the list in almost four years.

Tangledeep has never been very cheap and a Steam key for the soundtrack is part of this bundle.  It would have made more sense for it to be in the middle tier, IMHO.  Anywho I already have it but nice to add the soundtrack I suppose.  

Wait, we’re on HIB20? I thought we were still around like 15 or so.
You've blocked out the past four or so years of HiBs. That's a common response to trauma.

Tangledeep has never been very cheap and a Steam key for the soundtrack is part of this bundle. It would have made more sense for it to be in the middle tier, IMHO. Anywho I already have it but nice to add the soundtrack I suppose.
You can possibly say the same for The First Tree. Released last year and never cheaper than 50% off. That's at least consistent for the main HiBs even through to the current era. There are generally one or two games in the $1 tier that you'd think would be in the BTA tier.

Pretty good indie bundle. BTA at least.
I agree. I've wasted $3.72 on a lot more things in my lifetime than I can remember. Looking forward to Tangledeep, The First Tree, and Tooth and Tail. Will probably get a few laughs from Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy. Will never install Dream Daddy.

You can possibly say the same for The First Tree. Released last year and never cheaper than 50% off. That's at least consistent for the main HiBs even through to the current era. There are generally one or two games in the $1 tier that you'd think would be in the BTA tier.
Fair enough. I did have The First Tree wishlisted as well.

Will never install Dream Daddy.
18m9en.jpg

Pretty sure The First Tree is made by a CAG, btw.

And watching the Tooth and Tail trailer to get a sense of what it is. Clicked around the video and it's like the same scene three times. So that'll be a pass.

Dollar tier it is.

Sorry, gilby, but I gotta go with mooby on this one. Even though I'll probably BTA, I just can't add Dream Daddy to my Steam game list. Not even for the +1. The good news is, if you really want another copy of Dream Daddy for your wife, you can have my key. Though I don't understand why you guys don't just share one account.

And wow, aside from the Monthly, there is only one game bundle running currently. Two book bundles, two comic bundles, and a software bundle. I know that's a common complaint, but as someone that pays little attention to Steam bundles in general, this is the first time I've really tried to take notice of Humble's nonsense. IGN really did ruin it. Well, moreso than it was already ruined.

Sorry, gilby, but I gotta go with mooby on this one. Even though I'll probably BTA, I just can't add Dream Daddy to my Steam game list. Not even for the +1. The good news is, if you really want another copy of Dream Daddy for your wife, you can have my key. Though I don't understand why you guys don't just share one account.
We have two PCs to game on. Family Sharing is a pain because if I'm playing anything my entire library is unavailable to anyone I'm sharing with.

Thus the need for an extra copy of Tooth and Tail for my son and Dream Daddy for my wife. I'm sure both will be played.

I really don't have a problem with Dream Daddy on my Steam game list when I already have the likes of the Sakura games.

And watching the Tooth and Tail trailer to get a sense of what it is. Clicked around the video and it's like the same scene three times. So that'll be a pass.
Really? RTS with a revolutionary theme but with animals? I've had it on my wishlist since it was released.

Really? RTS with a revolutionary theme but with animals? I've had it on my wishlist since it was released.
It was more of a comment on the trailer. It's like a 30 second trailer repeated 3 times to make a 90 second trailer. That makes me weary of the game's content.

It was more of a comment on the trailer. It's like a 30 second trailer repeated 3 times to make a 90 second trailer. That makes me weary of the game's content.
What trailer did you watch? Maybe there's an error? The one on Steam is like a 90 second trailer with no repetition.

Edit:

The one on Humble is the same. It's like a little drama and then it builds up to 30 seconds of gameplay at the end. Perfectly fine trailer.

bread's done
Back