Humble Bundle Thread

Actually, it's not.
For some reason they changed it to the 30th.
I thought I was SOL since I accidentally set the reminder for today instead of yesterday but I was able to cancel in time because the 30th was my next bill date.
Mine was today, I don't know how you managed to get billed on a Sunday. I've always been billed on the last Friday of the month.

what? i thought this was a "keep" month. most people i think, me at least didn't have either of the headliners.
I'm highly skeptical, let's say. It's not been going in a positive trajectory. I would love to be wrong since I'm firmly planted on the deck of the SS Humble Monthly. Sink or Swim.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were saying on Twitter this morning that they were having problems with their charging system, which is maybe why they delayed this time around.

It is a pass for me, since I already own Hellblade and no interest in Moonlighter.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Looks like that error worked in my favour.
Mine was today, I don't know how you managed to get billed on a Sunday. I've always been billed on the last Friday of the month.
It usually bills me on the last Friday of the month too but this month it was different. I just assumed they changed it to the end of the month for everyone so people would be less likely to be charged accidentally. Silly me.

Hamble returns!

Humble Indie Playstation REBundle

Well, I guess you can't fail if you don't try...
osaic.gif

I was trying to change my credit card but it wouldn't let me without cancelling my sub to the bundle.  So I did that a week or so ago.  Still debating whether I want to buy into this bundle as I have no interest in Hellblade.

Didn't they do this one for PlayStation before?

Also, if I already "own" Broken Age through PlayStation Plus, will I really "own" it from buying this bundle?

Edit: I already own all these on my PlayStation account. Never mind.
All the games you "own" from Playstation Plus are rental licenses that expire once your Plus membership expires/lapses. The only way to really "own" it is to buy the product license or key.

It didn't help that both games are in that Microsoft game pass for a buck.
Yep. They had pretty awful luck/timing there. When they announced this, it was a bundle people were excited about.
E3 happened and Microsoft launched Game Pass and now people have these and they feel that they paid $1 for them, making the value feel pretty awful.

Yep. They had pretty awful luck/timing there. When they announced this, it was a bundle people were excited about.
E3 happened and Microsoft launched Game Pass and now people have these and they feel that they paid $1 for them, making the value feel pretty awful.
See, I just subscribe to the Mooby Game Pass, so I never have to get excited about anything* anymore.

Disclaimer: Subscribers to the Mooby Game Pass may still get excited about Heroes of the Storm skins.

All the games you "own" from Playstation Plus are rental licenses that expire once your Plus membership expires/lapses. The only way to really "own" it is to buy the product license or key.
But aren't there some issues with actually buying a game that you have the PSN "rental" license for?

But aren't there some issues with actually buying a game that you have the PSN "rental" license for?
yea, the psn store does not allow you to buy a game that you currently "own" through a active ps plus subscription. You'd have to let your subscription end to buy the game. In this case it should work since you are entering a code but I've never done it.

i wonder if game pass will affect the unlocks and headliners going forward. for me at least, im not going to sub to gamepass forever, so if theres a game i want even if its on gamepass, i will still get the monthly, or at least cesspool it 

yea, the psn store does not allow you to buy a game that you currently "own" through a active ps plus subscription. You'd have to let your subscription end to buy the game. In this case it should work since you are entering a code but I've never done it.
I'm pretty sure that if you enter the code while on an active subscription you get all the games added but any that are part of your Plus games aren't... and if you do let your subscription run out you don't have them and your code is already used so you're out those games forever. (Unless you buy it or subscribe again.)

Basically, Sony couldn't come up with a worse way to do this if they tried.

Love is Dead, Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus, 60 Parsecs!, NAIRI: Tower of Shirin, and Road Redemption were the July 2019 unlocks. Kingdom Come Deliverance and Surviving Mars for August.

Interesting how the MSRP total of these bundles keeps dropping month after month since January's Monthly. For August, putting in Kingdom Come seems like a great way to promote the bundle and to push DLC sales. Game seems too hardcore for me but I'm still tempted to try to get it via Barter.

Love is Dead, Warhammer 40K: Mechanicus, 60 Parsecs!, NAIRI: Tower of Shirin, and Road Redemption were the July 2019 unlocks. Kingdom Come Deliverance and Surviving Mars for August.
Better than average unlocks, but I passed because I had no interest in Hellblade. Of the lot I think I'd only play Moonlighter, Road Redemption, and maybe 60 Parsecs. Will wait for inevitable rebundle.

Next month is another split decision for me. Kingdom Come is a no-brainer but Surviving Mars looks like a Paradox DLC-fest.

(Although, looks like Kingdom Scam has a bunch of DLC, too.)

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an amazing game and my GOTY for 2018 (I'm actually doing my second full playthrough right now with all the DLC that's been released).  If you decide to get it, you can buy the DLC as a package from Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/368777/

This bundle contains all the major DLCs and is on sale for $16.99 at the moment.

r u fuck ing kidding me. I knew I should I've waited on Kingdumb Cum. Damn it all to hell, but you're welcome for my overpaid sacrifice

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an amazing game and my GOTY for 2018 (I'm actually doing my second full playthrough right now with all the DLC that's been released). If you decide to get it, you can buy the DLC as a package from Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/368777/

This bundle contains all the major DLCs and is on sale for $16.99 at the moment.
Also seems like all the DLC so far are new additional quests. Sort of like how the Witcher 3 had additional expansions. This is DLC I can get behind. Are these quests something you need to have for a first play through? Or can you pick them up after beating the main game and still go back and play them without being overpowered?

Better than average unlocks, but I passed because I had no interest in Hellblade. Of the lot I think I'd only play Moonlighter, Road Redemption, and maybe 60 Parsecs. Will wait for inevitable rebundle.

Next month is another split decision for me. Kingdom Come is a no-brainer but Surviving Mars looks like a Paradox DLC-fest.

(Although, looks like Kingdom Scam has a bunch of DLC, too.)
I ranted about SM in the Steam thread already but the base game sells for $10 right now and the season pass for year 1 is only $12 if you buy it packaged with the base game.

Jesus, I know my standards are different but this latest bundle might be the best in a year... 4 games off my wish list.

I might pay early so I can get the KC DLC on sale.

Some decent unlocks. Road Redemption I've almost bought before. The rest look OK enough. I don't know about next months unlocks. The deliverance game looks like it could be my style but not sure. Parsecs looks so-so as does the love zombie one. The other one I know nothing about, but I will try it. Overall alright.

Looking at my emails on my phone:

"Get Kingdom Come: Deliverance and ..." *and the DLC package? :D*

*Opens email* "... and Surviving Mars when you subscribe to Humble Monthly" :bs:

Okay, so... not too bad.

Road Redemption - wanted it. Will play. God I loved Road Rash (especially the great 3DO version)

Love is Dead - Zombies. Check! Puzzler. Check! Will play.

Warhammer Mechanicus - I've been wanting to find a new strategy game, will try for sure.

-- 3 games I will play.

Now the bad part:

You could buy all of those games right now on Steam for a total of $67.00. Yeah, there's a sale going on, but Humble is getting cheap on us. And god help me, I'm real tempted to buy in early on Kingdom Come.

To be fair, Humble is probably suffering the same issue Steam is.
Devs/publishers are valuing their games higher the more mainstream Steam/Humble gets.
The prices for the Summer Sale are getting barely better than sales on consoles.

Jesus, I know my standards are different but this latest bundle might be the best in a year... 4 games off my wish list.

I might pay early so I can get the KC DLC on sale.
I already had the two headliners or I'd be more excited, I was happy to see the Warhammer game and Road Redemption though.

To be fair, Humble is probably suffering the same issue Steam is.
Devs/publishers are valuing their games higher the more mainstream Steam/Humble gets.
The prices for the Summer Sale are getting barely better than sales on consoles.
Yeah I noticed that as well. Some titles like .hack and tokyo xanadu are cheaper than they are on psn but not by much.

Am I missing any, or is this seriously the last game bundle we've gotten other than the repeat Playstation bundle from last week?
You are correct. Unless you count the build your own 2k bundle (I don't) then Tiny Build bundle has been the last PC game bundle. Prior to that was the Lego bundle. I was disappointed as I thought with the Steam sale ending that Humble would put out a bundle. The bundle next week will be Epic!

You are correct. Unless you count the build your own 2k bundle (I don't) then Tiny Build bundle has been the last PC game bundle. Prior to that was the Lego bundle. I was disappointed as I thought with the Steam sale ending that Humble would put out a bundle. The bundle next week will be Epic!
Or well, already given away on Epic or part of Xbox/PC Game Pass.

What's the point of posting a Humble Monthly after the fact? I mean I like it that usually in this thread and the Steam thread someone says here are the unlocks since I can look at those after finishing some work. You can't magically unlock them again. I guess someone could keep an active thread with the early unlock games. So few game bundles does make me sad and i'm getting tired of weird programming book bundles, build bundles, and other ones that seem to repeat themselves.

I've had kingdom come deliverance for a while on my wishlist, seeing it on the humble monthly makes me think it will be bundle fodder eventually.  Or is it a mistake to think with that logic?(  I barely buy games anymore, and I don't even always see a humble bundle before it is expired when it would have been a no brainer for me to buy)

bread's done
Back