Humble Bundle Thread

It's not exactly cheap (and I already own BT) but Wingamestore has the Season Pass (2 expansions, with a 3rd due soonish) at the lowest price ever for it.

Slay the Spire wasn't a thrilling headliner for me, at least when it was revealed it wasn't, but people here really talked it up.
It's a good indie game with simple but solid mechanics and good replay value. It was way over-hyped due to Twitch streamers which probably leads to people feeling a bit underwhelmed when they actually play it. I would rank it up there with the original Torchlight on the scale of well-produced and polished indie games.

It's a good indie game with simple but solid mechanics and good replay value. It was way over-hyped due to Twitch streamers which probably leads to people feeling a bit underwhelmed when they actually play it. I would rank it up there with the original Torchlight on the scale of well-produced and polished indie games.
it's a top tier rogue like for me

I can vouch for these opinions, because I bought Slay the Spire on the Switch (which is where I usually play it) after playing many hours on PC and I still love playing it. It's easy to quit and pick up where you stop too. Very fun and very unforgiving at times too. I rarely win usually playing whatever ascension level I've unlocked for the character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slay the Spire is the best standalone game I've played since PUBG and Zelda: BOTW came out 2.5 years ago, but it's also totally my type of game. I will say one thing that surprises me about the hype around it is that I feel that Hearthstone's dominant single player mode for the past 2 years is as good or better than StS and doesn't get much mainstream attention despite it being completely free for the first year they were doing that style. They charge for it now, but it's pretty reasonable. Can't wait for next week when the first 2 chapters of Tombs of Terror launches and 2 months from now for the launch of Legend of Bumbo, which also looks like a similar game.

Also, I guess to put this a bit more on topic, I've been paused since April even though I think there's been some good bundles. The early reveals end up being things I'm not interested in at all or already own or on Game Pass.

April was freaking awesome though. I played through all of MYZ, Minit, and a Short Hike and really enjoyed them. I also played some She Rememberd Caterpillars and would like to try out Steel Rats at some point. I tried Dandara too, but couldn't get into it although I might revisit it later. That was definitely the best month Humble Monthly's ever had for me.

Humble just beat it... At least for subscribers.
Uhhh... according to Humble... it's 37.49 (subs get 3.75 off)... by my math.. that's 33.74 which is MORE than the $33 WinGameStore I mentioned. GameBillet pennied in to get the lowest at 32.99 ever now.

Edit: Though to be fair, I buy from Humble and insta-key. I bought from this WGS and they apparently had someone hand review the order so I didn't get it until the next day... which took away 1/3 of my available game time... for .74.

Uhhh... according to Humble... it's 37.49 (subs get 3.75 off)... by my math.. that's 33.74 which is MORE than the $33 WinGameStore I mentioned. GameBillet pennied in to get the lowest at 32.99 ever now.

Edit: Though to be fair, I buy from Humble and insta-key. I bought from this WGS and they apparently had someone hand review the order so I didn't get it until the next day... which took away 1/3 of my available game time... for .74.
A real CAG would have waited for the GameBillet price to save 75 cents.

CDkeys has the game + season pass + deluxe dlc cheaper than the season pass on Humble or WGS

$24.19. Kind of kills any value it has in the monthly bundle for me.

Edit: Though to be fair, I buy from Humble and insta-key. I bought from this WGS and they apparently had someone
Yeah, sorry all. Seems like it was displaying an extra discount from a coupon.

That said for the bad reviews seen in the season pass stuff I'm thinking even the 24 bucks that Spoder found is too much in my book. (I've had the base game for a long time now.)

CDkeys has the game + season pass + deluxe dlc cheaper than the season pass on Humble or WGS

$24.19. Kind of kills any value it has in the monthly bundle for me.
Further proof that publishers bone early adopters/owners of base game on the season passes/dlc deals. Lowest ever on the season pass alone is $32, not including the deluxe content ($6). Season pass on GoG has usually been around $35-37 at its lowest if I remember right.

Just got a gaming PC. All of the previous Humble Monthly bundles appeal to me since I'm trying to build up my library, just not this month, haha. Guess I will keep watching.

Just got a gaming PC. All of the previous Humble Monthly bundles appeal to me since I'm trying to build up my library, just not this month, haha. Guess I will keep watching.
Don't feel bad. I've never bought a Humble Monthly despite having bought countless bundles from Humble and other sites such as Fanatical and Indiegala. PC games are just like console games. If you wait long enough to play them, the prices will eventually drop.

There was a new Level Up Your Python bundle that came out yesterday. But they also leveled up their content delivery. You literally have to sign up for a different website for each item in the $1 tier. Content creators leveled up their data mining as well...

I can vouch for these opinions, because I bought Slay the Spire on the Switch (which is where I usually play it) after playing many hours on PC and I still love playing it. It's easy to quit and pick up where you stop too. Very fun and very unforgiving at times too. I rarely win usually playing whatever ascension level I've unlocked for the character.
I own Slay the Spire on the Switch and PC, and I also mainly play it on the Switch. However, once the game releases on phones, my Switch version will be rendered obsolete.

There was a new Level Up Your Python bundle that came out yesterday. But they also leveled up their content delivery. You literally have to sign up for a different website for each item in the $1 tier. Content creators leveled up their data mining as well...
Also, in perhaps a very fitting manner for modern Hamble, you can't level up your purchase amount after buying the Level Up bundle.

vYXWc6X.png

PC games are just like console games. If you wait long enough to play them, the prices will eventually drop.
PC games are much better at getting price drops actually. I just paid $11 for a 9-year-old console game.

it's a top tier rogue like for me
Killed the deal. For all of the talk about Slay the Spire--and it's getting as bad as the Final Fantasy talk in the Steam thread--I haven't understood the appeal of these games since I spent an hour playing FTL a few years ago.

Killed the deal. For all of the talk about Slay the Spire--and it's getting as bad as the Final Fantasy talk in the Steam thread--I haven't understood the appeal of these games since I spent an hour playing FTL a few years ago.
Bad, warreni, bad.

For punishment you need to download Angband and play until you've lost ten characters.

We expect your report in fifteen minutes.

PC games are much better at getting price drops actually. I just paid $11 for a 9-year-old console game.
Yes and no. Some games, even old ones are more expensive on PC. Like Skyrim, GTA games, etc. And if we are talking really old games, like prior gen, you can usually get xbox 360 games for super cheap, while it is usually costs more on Steam. I find some games are cheap for a period time on PC, then revert back to a much higher price down the road.

Yes and no. Some games, even old ones are more expensive on PC. Like Skyrim, GTA games, etc. And if we are talking really old games, like prior gen, you can usually get xbox 360 games for super cheap, while it is usually costs more on Steam. I find some games are cheap for a period time on PC, then revert back to a much higher price down the road.
If you've been watching the market long enough, you'll have recognized that, as a rule, PC games get better markdowns than console games do. This is true whether you're looking at physical or digital copies.

Some publishers don't mark down their MSRPs in either market, but even sale prices on PC games are far better than consoles. The game I was alluding to in my other post was Red Dead Redemption 1, which currently has an MSRP of $29.99 for the XBOX 360 version (but it's on sale for $10 + some change this week). Rockstar is particularly notorious for not dropping prices on its current-gen games, but titles like GTA IV have been dirt cheap.

Rockstar has been dropping prices on GTA5 for a couple of years now. PS4 disc version was $30 or less two years ago at bestbuy, then they started throwing in the online cash/boosts along with the base game. Digital versions are about the same if I remember right. PC version has had regular sales on Steam for $15 for over a year. It literally goes on sale every few weeks it seems on the weekend deals.

I'm not usually a fan of rogue-like games but Spire is a nice mix with a card game that just works. Hearthstone being the only other card game I've enjoyed at all as I never got into Magic type games. I liked FTL but I lasted maybe 3-4 hours before getting a cheat engine/trainer to just explore the game and blow stuff up.

Speaking of which, if you liked FTL and want co-op or mmo type FTL, check out Tachyon: https://spektor.itch.io/tachyon

I just went back to look at all my unclaimed keys in my Humble account, and I noticed that three of the Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog comic book collections were sold as a part of the Humble Sonic 25th Anniversary bundle that was offered about a year ago.  I probably would have read these before now if I had known it.

Humble sent me a $3 coupon off for the next Monthly HB.

I was already planning to buy BattleTech Oct. 2019 Monthly Humble Bundle at $12 before the end of this month anyways, but knocking this down to $9 was the thing to "make me jump now"!

Wish they'd send me a coupon for $3.
They sometimes offer you one if you cancel -- rather than pause for a month. I got one that way one time. Anyway, probably pausing for this month since I have no interest in Battletech. Watch the unlocks be stuff I actually want.

They sometimes offer you one if you cancel -- rather than pause for a month. I got one that way one time. Anyway, probably pausing for this month since I have no interest in Battletech. Watch the unlocks be stuff I actually want.
Yep, I did cancel last month on that Slay the Spire/Squad bundle.

When Ski Lifts Go Wrong is a lot of fun if you like physics builders.  I fakey'd it because they had a deep discount first week for owners of their other games and I like to reward companies that are pro consumer, like Epic.  Tricky Towers is also a fun one if you have people to play with.  Not sure how much fun it would be solo.  

Great $1 bundle the rest is crap as always
OK $1 bundle. Two repeats hurt, but Ski Lifts is a big want.

OK BTA tier. Two repeats hurt, but Bridge Constructor Portal is a big want.

Staxel is a repeat making the top tier weak.

Probably only a $1 bundle for me, though I could perhaps use a second copy of both Portal Knights and Staxel.

Bridge Constructor Portal is pretty boring. The rules are too strict, so you don't get the Goat Simulator-like solutions you get from other bridge constructor games.

Portal Knights was in a really bad monthly that I skipped, and Concrete Jungle was in a bad normal humble bundle, so I don't mind these repeats. I don't mind having an extra copy of Tricky Towers either. Might just go for the BTA tier

Went with the beat the average tier because I've had Portal Knights on my wish list and the only game that I owned was SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell which I might be willing to trade.  PC gaming kicks ass!!!

When Ski Lifts Go Wrong is a lot of fun if you like physics builders. I fakey'd it because they had a deep discount first week for owners of their other games and I like to reward companies that are pro consumer, like Epic. Tricky Towers is also a fun one if you have people to play with. Not sure how much fun it would be solo.
The free version on king or pogo is better than the version given tbh but it's not terrible. Has levels like candy crush and such with different requirements in each section. Not sure how many there are though. I dropped it due to poor and clunky controls.

anyone getting some bullshit from humble lately about reviewing orders?

i dollared in on the humble builder bundle like 1 day ago which required my order be reviewed and later approved

now when i tried to add more money to the spooky horror bundle 2019 i get the same review order email but this time it was cancelled

bread's done
Back