Humble Bundle Thread

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Override: Mech City Brawl. We are getting more ASAP. We will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again!

First time I've seen that happen in a monthly bundle.
Mine said that when I looked at my purchase page yesterday, but when I clicked on Reveal Steam Key it was there. No idea why they'd leave it there if the problem was solved. Or maybe they've run out again, lol.

That's a Groupees move right there.

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Override: Mech City Brawl. We are getting more ASAP. We will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again!

First time I've seen that happen in a monthly bundle.
It happened to me on last month's for something. I think Squad.

Is CoD WW2 even active on Steam? I guess it's worth a install at least for the campaign.
The CoD campaigns for the most part have been enjoyable.

Too bad they didn't give out BO3.

am i the crazy one? i stopped playing cod since advanced warfare, and if i wanted to play fucking spyro or crash, i'd pirate them and play them on my playstation classic. easy skip for me.

am i the crazy one? i stopped playing cod since advanced warfare, and if i wanted to play fucking spyro or crash, i'd pirate them and play them on my playstation classic. easy skip for me.
Well, you agree with me on this so maybe you are crazy. Humble is best when it offers high-tier indie games but since IGN has taken over we're seeing more and more console games dominate the offerings. I mean... they had Sonic last month as an early reveal and now they're offer even more old Sega platformers.

Well, you agree with me on this so maybe you are crazy. Humble is best when it offers high-tier indie games but since IGN has taken over we're seeing more and more console games dominate the offerings. I mean... they had Sonic last month as an early reveal and now they're offer even more old Sega platformers.
>sega
Oh, Mooby.
c88.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why wouldn't you just pirate every pc game as well? Heck, why ever buy anything if that's your argument?

yes, you are the crazy one, who buys a playstation classic?
Those who want to mod it up and get better performance out of the PSC.

Plus, it's been $20 in sales before; it's worth that, modded-up or not.

EDIT:

Some solid stuff and classics stuff in that line-up - i.e. Tekken 3, Resident Evil (original), FF7, MGS1.

Plus, the controllers are solid - even w/out the analogs.

I just subbed for the first time to get these games. If I cancel the account right now will I still get the rest of the games for November?
Yea you will get them, you might lose the humble store discount though, so if you're planning on buying other stuff it might be handy to keep around. Just make sure you cancel the thursday before the bundle unlocks, because that friday-ish you wont be able to cancel anymore and will be locked in to the next month

Also about the PS Classic...have you seen those old Spyro/Crash games lately? They still play OK, but yeah I think 60 FPS nice on your eyes PC versions are the way to go.

Yea you will get them, you might lose the humble store discount though, so if you're planning on buying other stuff it might be handy to keep around. Just make sure you cancel the thursday before the bundle unlocks, because that friday-ish you wont be able to cancel anymore and will be locked in to the next month
Correction *TWO* Thursdays, before the bundle unlocks. The bundle always unlocks the first Friday of the month, but you get charged one calendar week before that. So that's not the Thursday one day before, but eight days before.

Correction *TWO* Thursdays, before the bundle unlocks. The bundle always unlocks the first Friday of the month, but you get charged one calendar week before that. So that's not the Thursday one day before, but eight days before.
oh right right, originally wrote that as the week before, then tried to get specific, forgot there was a thursday the day before the unlock :)

Is CoD WW2 even active on Steam?

I guess it's worth a install at least for the campaign (COD WW2).
The CoD campaigns for the most part have been enjoyable.

Too bad they didn't give out BO3.
Yeah, I've enjoyed most of the COD SP campaigns. Bought it for that alone, even if the MP could possibly be dead.

Though, I did like the WW2 MP in its Free Weekends, when Steam had them here & there.

I already have BO3, backlogged.

Anyone know if Hambly sends out those "$3 off if you resub" offers to people who've been unsubbed awhile or just for bundles that aren't selling well/ie meh?

Anyone know if Hambly sends out those "$3 off if you resub" offers to people who've been unsubbed awhile or just for bundles that aren't selling well/ie meh?
Only time I've been offered it is when I was subbed and then cancelled (you have to cancel and not merely pause).

I've gotten the $3 off offer two months in a row.  Passed both times.  Hoping it'll be a third because I want this month.  Usually it doesn't come until the 3rd week. 

Edit:

Came August 16th and September 14th the last two months.

I've gotten the $3 off offer two months in a row. Passed both times. Hoping it'll be a third because I want this month. Usually it doesn't come until the 3rd week.

Edit:

Came August 16th and September 14th the last two months.
Mine came August 21st (and 23rd, and 25th) and September 14th, for what it's worth.

Breh, what's so lucky about being able to buy 20 year old consoles games?
I dunno, Mooby, why do people buy the remakes of Baldur’s Gate or Planescape? Why do they buy Gothic on GOG?

I don’t like Spyro, and I’m not such a huge fan of Crash I need to play those games again, but I get it. I find it difficult to believe you don’t, even if you don’t like late 90s platformers.

Breh, what's so lucky about being able to buy 20 year old consoles games?
It's normally to experience a classic w/ updated graphics, performance, resolution, any other modern bells & whistles added, newer controller support built-in, etc etc.

Also, it could be easier to run the Remaster than the old version...as you might not need to mod the game up to get it to boot. You just...boot the game. No muss or fuss involved.

Also, if a Remaster is bought like hotcakes...this could tell the dev's and/or publishers that maybe they should do a sequel or reboot the series.

EDIT:

I dunno, Mooby, why do people buy the remakes of Baldur’s Gate or Planescape? Why do they buy Gothic on GOG?

I don’t like Spyro, and I’m not such a huge fan of Crash I need to play those games again, but I get it. I find it difficult to believe you don’t, even if you don’t like late 90s platformers.
About classics platformers on modern PC's: makes tons of sense these days.

We're having more console-style games hitting the PC these days.

These days, controllers are also are more commonly supported on PC games, built right into games released on the PC these days. Plus, within Steam, you can use Big Picture mode and set-up controllers for a lot of non-Xbox/non-XInput controllers, if need be.

About PST and BG - I think having high resolution support and not have to mod those games to get them running properly on modern systems will be the big take away for those; especially for those not into the mod scene and/or those new to PC gaming. Those are some of the best CRPG's ever made...and it's nice to see these classics being preserved and kept going, for newcomers and long-time fans.

i love that people are trying to confront mooby/explain to him why they think he's wrong about this like he doesn't just hate 99% of everything or something

I’ve gotten like 20 hours of sleep in the last week, what’s my excuse?

Wait, did I say that wrong?

It's ok Mooby!  I don't care for those games and don't see why they exist.  Spyro was "rebooted" as those silly Skylanders and pretty much ruined in by it.  (if i'm being honest, the first wave or two were pretty alright.. but after that it just got ridiculous)

Hell I never bothered with these games the first time as they weren't anything I play/played.  But I'm sure there's that one dude out there generally excited about this.  

Looking back on it, those games weren't very good and don't hold up that well just with graphical enhancements. The only thing they have going for them is the nostalgia factor, and that works for people like me who grew up playing them on PS1. The first Spyro was the first game I owned on PS1, and I remember the jump from cartridges to discs being important when I was a kid.

So I bought it early. Not that I'll play any of the games anyway, my backlog is almost as yuge as the national debt.

It's normally to experience a classic w/ updated graphics, performance, resolution, any other modern bells & whistles added, newer controller support built-in, etc etc.

Also, it could be easier to run the Remaster than the old version...as you might not need to mod the game up to get it to boot. You just...boot the game. No muss or fuss involved.

Also, if a Remaster is bought like hotcakes...this could tell the dev's and/or publishers that maybe they should do a sequel or reboot the series.

EDIT:
About classics platformers on modern PC's: makes tons of sense these days.

We're having more console-style games hitting the PC these days.

These days, controllers are also are more commonly supported on PC games, built right into games released on the PC these days. Plus, within Steam, you can use Big Picture mode and set-up controllers for a lot of non-Xbox/non-XInput controllers, if need be.

About PST and BG - I think having high resolution support and not have to mod those games to get them running properly on modern systems will be the big take away for those; especially for those not into the mod scene and/or those new to PC gaming. Those are some of the best CRPG's ever made...and it's nice to see these classics being preserved and kept going, for newcomers and long-time fans.
Thanks, MoobyD!

Current bundles on Humble include:
Make Your Card Game! Bundle
Book Bundle: Computer Productivity and Coding
Book Bundle: Linux & Unix
RPG Maker Returns Bundle
Software Bundle: Painter
Unity Bundle 2019

I’ve joked before about Humble being out of indie trash to bundle and needing their audience to make more, but I think they might actually be this time.

Difference is Gothic is good!

Difference is Gothic is good!
Gothic 1 was great, back in the day. With the way it handed NPC's and their scheduling, its unique setting, and making RPG's with third-person action elements in combat, it surely felt ground-breaking when I played it.

And along w/ Risen 1, I think those are PB's best two games.

I think gamers buy from GOG b/c they know, the game should work out-the-box properly, as GOG sold it to them.

It's not like Steam, where say you can flat-out buy Vampire: Bloodlines, but it won't work on modern systems until you apply some mods. Naw, GOG does whatever they can and need to, to normally get stuff going. For example, with Bloodlines, they (GOG) already have Wesp's Unofficial Patch Basic version applied so it'll boot-up right after installing the game.

Another example is SR2 on GOG - without any mods in their version, to keep the game stable, they applied a 30fps cap themselves, which isn't forced in any other version (i.e. Steam version isn't capped).

You can tell when it's dead in here that there's just been a terrible Humble Bundle launched. Terrible bundle.

The price is bricking, then unbricking, then bricking, then unbricking again. It's just so unpredictable. Truly just a bad bundle all round folks. SAD!

Humble Postmodern Bundle

TIER 1: Pay $1 or more to get Beckett, Thomas Was Alone, Rusty Lake Hotel and Yume Nikki

TIER 2: Beat the average price to also get The Stanley Parable, Everything, YUMENIKKI -DREAM DIARY-

TIER 3: Pay $15 or more to also unlock Catherine Classic

Might be good for a dollar, but other than that ... SAD!

You can tell when it's dead in here that there's just been a terrible Humble Bundle launched. Terrible bundle.

The price is bricking, then unbricking, then bricking, then unbricking again. It's just so unpredictable. Truly just a bad bundle all round folks. SAD!

Humble Postmodern Bundle

TIER 1: Pay $1 or more to get Beckett, Thomas Was Alone, Rusty Lake Hotel and Yume Nikki

TIER 2: Beat the average price to also get The Stanley Parable, Everything, YUMENIKKI -DREAM DIARY-

giphy.gif

Humble Postmodern Bundle

I do like the $1 tier. The BTA tier would look better if I hadn't recently gotten Everything free from Epic.

And Catherine Classic is a want, but, well...

sjvA0HZ.gif

bread's done
Back