Humble Bundle Thread

Good lower tier (been wanting to try Frog Detective for a while) and cheap BTA isn't too bad. I have Toejam on Switch so the high tier is a no go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Day of the Devs Bundle 2019

$1+:

The Haunted Island, a Frog Detective Game

ART SQOOL

BTA:

Flipping Death

Battle Chef Brigade

$9+:

Minit

Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove

Kind of want Toejam & Earl, but I'm not too excited for this one.
I already have Battle Chef Brigade and Minit, so I can't see myself buying anything but the dollar tier. I will obsess over it until the day before the bundle ends though. Like always.

So Humble just tweeted (and quickly deleted) the early unlocks for December:

Soul Calibur VI

Yakuza Kiwami

My Time At Portia
I'm new to Humble Monthly, so I have a question. Today is November 1st, so why haven't they unlocked the other five games from the Activision group (Call of Duty, Crash Trilogy, and Spyro Trilogy) yet?

So Humble just tweeted (and quickly deleted) the early unlocks for December:

Soul Calibur VI
Yakuza Kiwami
My Time At Portia
Sorry for the noob question, but when do I have to subscribe to ensure that I get this bundle? Is it likely that the Humble Twitter account is wrong about the December games, or can I just wait until these titles are revealed to buy this bundle?

Sorry for the noob question, but when do I have to subscribe to ensure that I get this bundle? Is it likely that the Humble Twitter account is wrong about the December games, or can I just wait until these titles are revealed to buy this bundle?
Under the old/current model you'd have until Dec 6 to sign up.

With the new 'humble choice' being teased for 2019 everything would be released up front so there's still a bit to figure out there. Guess we'll see when it happens.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I would say that the odds are very good that this was an accurate leak.

Humble November unlocks:

Shenmue I & II
SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising
Evergarden
11-11 Memories Retold

December early unlocks:

Soul Calibur VI
Yakuza Kiwami
My Time at Portia

Pretty decent unlocks. Also the Humble original actually looks like something i'd play. Synthetik was on my wish list. Next month's early unlocks are pretty good. I have been waiting for Portia, though the others I can take it or leave it (have Kiwami on PS4 already). I do love Yakuza though.

So Humble Classic hasn't even started yet, but if you try to cancel your sub you get the following message:

Please note, by canceling your subscription, you will lose your Humble Bundle Classic account status, perks and pricing.
Figured I'd try to cancel and see if they threw a coupon my way first. I don't see why this would be the case since December is still a normal Monthly, but at this point I might as well just start getting into a routine of pausing. Seems like next month will be the start of the new structure.

Some people have reported Graveyard Keeper showing up in place of Soul Calibur VI for next month's unlocks, so that's another sign that choice rolls into effect next month.

December's bundle is the first one in a while I'm interested in, and something for the whole family. (Yakusa for me, SC6 for my son and Portia for my wife.)

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

All things considered, the November Monthly probably goes down as the best yet IMO. I enjoyed all three of the early unlocks and 3/4 of the reveals are keepers (even if I know playing Shenmue today will ruin my nostalgia for it).

Glad I skipped, Synthetik is the only thing that is remotely interesting to me.  Next month's seems okay.  I would much rather Graveyard Keeper than Soulcaliber.

Some breh let us know if you can, in fact, pick GK over SC.

Those unlocks are pretty good and I'm a little bummed I didn't subscribe even though the headliners didn't really appeal to me.

May pick up December's for Yakuza Kiwami.

Not my screenshot, but someone in a Discord I'm in posted this.
Are they in a different region? Im in US and didnt get graveyard or have a choice, but Id wager its a region specific thing where they either dont have region keys for them or aren't allowed to

So Humble Classic hasn't even started yet, but if you try to cancel your sub you get the following message:

Figured I'd try to cancel and see if they threw a coupon my way first. I don't see why this would be the case since December is still a normal Monthly, but at this point I might as well just start getting into a routine of pausing. Seems like next month will be the start of the new structure.
I'd guess they changed the message early, with the assumption that if you cancel now you won't resubscribe before they change the model next month.

are the shenmue games even worth playing at this point if you've never played them
I feel like it's a really hard recommendation to make even if you played those games 19 years ago. There's stuff in Shenmue that was immensely frustrasting and cumbersome even in its day. The controls, the camera, the pacing... the game itself was a technical marvel set in what felt like a living, breathing world, but boy could it be a slog to play. I don't even want to know how it's going to feel after playing the Yakuza games, which themselves play like what I'd want from a modern-day, arcade-y Shenmue.

I kept my copy from the Monthly but I'm in no rush to play it any time soon.

I feel like it's a really hard recommendation to make even if you played those games 19 years ago. There's stuff in Shenmue that was immensely frustrasting and cumbersome even in its day. The controls, the camera, the pacing... the game itself was a technical marvel set in what felt like a living, breathing world, but boy could it be a slog to play. I don't even want to know how it's going to feel after playing the Yakuza games, which themselves play like what I'd want from a modern-day, arcade-y Shenmue.

I kept my copy from the Monthly but I'm in no rush to play it any time soon.
yeah i think i'm probably gonna put them in the cesspool. i can't see myself playing them anytime soon and doubt i would really enjoy them, particularly since w/the december bundle i'll have two yakuza games in my backlog

Pretty decent unlocks. Also the Humble original actually looks like something i'd play. Synthetik was on my wish list. Next month's early unlocks are pretty good. I have been waiting for Portia, though the others I can take it or leave it (have Kiwami on PS4 already). I do love Yakuza though.
I bought Yakuza Zero for cheap on the Humble Store a few days ago, so I will definitely buy the monthly to get the next game in the series.

Choice launches December 6

edit, copypasta

A few common questions for the switch to Choice

How will I know if I’m getting the Classic plan?
Keep your subscription active before December 6 at 10:00 am Pacific time and you will get the Classic plan. We’ll email you before December 6 to confirm you are still eligible for the Classic plan.

How will I get my December Monthly content?
On December 6 at 10:00 am Pacific time, you will receive an email with a link to all of your December Monthly games. You will also receive a link to check out games for Humble Choice’s first month. All games for Choice are revealed upfront!

Are there any changes to billing?
Just like with Humble Monthly, you will be billed on the last Friday of the month. You can also pay early to unlock your games immediately.

Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time.

anyone else get an email with the subject:

Give a friend a one-month free trial of Humble Monthly!
Seems kinda... maybe 'exploitable' is too strong a word and I didn't read the fine print, but I digress. Perhaps this is the new re-sub discount coupon going forward.

Received an email for $3 off if I re-subscribed to the Monthly. Way too busy not watching the witch hunt coverage to play games though. It's a disgrace! No cat president has EVER been treated so badly as I have!

Not a good idea to cancel now.
giphy.gif

Man, Humble’s really pushing to get people subscribed before the shift, I just got a $3 coupon and I haven’t even ever bought a monthly.

Man, Humble’s really pushing to get people subscribed before the shift, I just got a $3 coupon and I haven’t even ever bought a monthly.
Same. Thanks for posting, found it in my junk folder.

So after buying in for one month can I pause until I actually want the featured games again? Forgive me for the basic question - I just haven't followed the changes and all that.

bread's done
Back