Humble Bundle Thread

Anyone who redeemed their Tomb Raider key: Can you go to the store page and see if it gives you the option to buy the Definitive Upgrade? It seems like back when the Definitive Editon was released, Square Enix changed the name of the base game to include "Definitive Editon" even if you only owned the base game. So I'm wondering if this is a case of the game saying you have the complete edition when in reality you don't. Similar to how when I activated a key for Street Fighter IV a few years back it was listed as "Ultra Street Fighter IV" in my library despite the fact that it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who redeemed their Tomb Raider key: Can you go to the store page and see if it gives you the option to buy the Definitive Upgrade? It seems like back when the Definitive Editon was released, Square Enix changed the name of the base game to include "Definitive Editon" even if you only owned the base game. So I'm wondering if this is a case of the game saying you have the complete edition when in reality you don't. Similar to how when I activated a key for Street Fighter IV a few years back it was listed as "Ultra Street Fighter IV" in my library despite the fact that it wasn't.
I guess this is possible, but it's weird, right? I haven't downloaded it, so I can't truly verify it one way or the other, but if Steam says I own the definitive edition and the store page says the definitive edition includes all DLC content, shouldn't I own all DLC content?

I guess this is possible, but it's weird, right? I haven't downloaded it, so I can't truly verify it one way or the other, but if Steam says I own the definitive edition and the store page says the definitive edition includes all DLC content, shouldn't I own all DLC content?
That would be ideal. But the way Square Enix went about wiping away any mention of the base game from virtually every storefront, in combination with Humble's initially poor communication, have made this more of a mess than it needed to be.

That said, apparently Humble has added this disclaimer somewhere on the site. I don't see it anywhere myself, maybe it's when you go to choose SotTR after having already paid?

sVa5Hac.png

That would be ideal. But the way Square Enix went about wiping away any mention of the base game from virtually every storefront, in combination with Humble's initially poor communication, have made this more of a mess than it needed to be.

That said, apparently Humble has added this disclaimer somewhere on the site. I don't see it anywhere myself, maybe it's when you go to choose SotTR after having already paid?

sVa5Hac.png
Good to know. And, yes, definitely ham-handed on Humble's part. I'm assuming Hamble must have been in charge of the Choice rollout. :roll:

EDIT:

ltsTVXi.png

This is what I see on the "choice" page for that game now. It was not there earlier.

Some weak unlocks. I have Chasm for the Switch and honestly couldn't get into it at all. Seemed a bit generic though it was alright. The next month's games are alright. Been wanting Desert Child and Blasphemous and X-Morph Defense so seems good enough to not pause. The cheap Tomb Raider is garbo, but just them being cheap. Everyone should know Humble loves to never give DLC or complete releases until the games are quite a few years old.

This bundle is barely worth the Classic pricing. I can't imagine people not on the Classic plan will bite

Also, can I pause every month? Like buy January, pause every month til something is actually good?

Maybe this is expecting too much from IGN, but I thought they would at least have one good month at launch to draw people in, but I'm disappointed even at classic pricing. Not sure they're going to get enough subscribers at the current pricing model with these sorts of unlocks. I want to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but it's probably going to be cheaper to buy definitive a year from now than upgrading. Hate the DLC shenanigans they pull.

Last edited:
Maybe this is expecting too much from IGN, but I thought they would at least have one good month at launch to draw people in, but I'm disappointed even at classic pricing. I want to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but it's probably going to be cheaper to buy definitive a year from now than upgrading. Hate the DLC shenanigans they pull.
I said before, but I’m pretty sure their main goal was to get as many people attached with these last few monthlies as possible so they would hang on to their subs for the grandfathered pricing, so they probably let the first month slide for quality selection as long as they could cram high profile titles into the recent early reveals.

I'm surprised at the disappointment about January. Yes, it's disappointing (but typical) of Humble to provide a AAA game sans all DLC, but it's a good, not-previously-bundled game. In addition, Phantom Doctrine, Ancestors Legacy, and (arguably) Dead in Vinland are pretty popular indie titles that haven't been bundle-cheap before. Dark Future looks like it has the potential to be a hidden gem. That sounds like it's worth the price of admission to me. IMO, some of the recent monthlies have been much weaker. I'm thinking particularly of September and November, which was so forgettable that I apparently forgot about it completely until I just checked my bundle key spreadsheet. To each his own, I suppose. 

EDIT: I also like that they lost the GMG-style mystery bundle BS. Did anyone actually like waiting 30 days to see what (s)he bought? 

Yeah, it's not a terrible monthly. There's some quality stuff in there. Even if you weren't a Classic subscriber and went with the "3/$15" tier, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Phantom Doctrine and Blasphemous for that price (total combined historical low: $38) is a strong value. Just looks a little weak by comparison to what we've grown accustomed to. And at least in my case, only a couple of those games interest me in the least. I'm content buying Blasphemous for cheap from someone and waiting for SotTR to drop further in price.

Paying for "choice" what we used to pay for top tier weekly bundles.

I will echo the same sentiment about Shadow of the Tomb Raider being a nice game to get but silly with no DLC.  However, not including DLC on such a game is nothing new for Humble or Square.

I am really hoping that Humble is still going to have some weekly bundles. 

EA and Epic for instance could have a bundle each.

I'm with Warreni on this one.  Paying $12 for these unlocks and making a couple bucks back in the cesspool seems worth it based on the overall quality of the games, especially when compared to their recent sale prices.  I am likely biased though because this is one of the few times games from my wishlist have shown up in a monthly.

I might be in the minority but I'm not very fussed over the lack of tomb raider dlc.  Unless I'm loving a game (and depending on the length) when I get to the end I'm generally not super excited to load up some some more content for it, and the reviews of the tomb raider dlc aren't exactly stellar.

Well, December's known unlocks were okay. All games I had some interest in and for $12 I won't complain. The rest though, ugh.

I doubt I'll care too much about non Definitive SoTR unless I really like the game and I have to rebuy it on sale down the road. Phantom, Xforce, and Blasphemous make the Jan. choice monthly decent enough if not earth shattering.

Also, I enjoyed waiting for the monthly unlocks most of the time. Cheap thrill similar to a lotto ticket.

What's the most efficient way to dump excess keys? I have a bunch of stuff on my account but no time to sell them one-by-one. Anyone know of someone who will take them all at once at a discount to what they would otherwise sell for? Surely there have to be people who specialize in flipping for profit.

I will pause for sure if I don't like a monthly. This next one passes my enough wants for the price. The unlocks were a cheap thrill though I honestly dislike mystery games/bundles. There were a few humble months with games I really would never want, already had, or just not interested in enough to play. Of course many bundles offered up games I really wanted. Least we know now though the pricing for new buyers isn't amazing.

Not too fussed about a Tomb Raider game missing DLC. It's all just 10-minute tombs, skins, and fluff. I am, however, really annoyed that they call it the definitive edition (it's not) and then charge extra for something called a definitive upgrade.

Kinda weak December unlocks, though I am now curious about this Fluffy Horde game. I watched the trailer and it looks positively wacky.

Also, I must be the only one interested in X-Morph Defense.

Tomb Raider is a rip.
The actual Definitive Version for console at retail is $40 (and on sale for $30 most places atm) so the digital version is already $20 overpriced.
Additionally, the math of the bundle seems to come out to $27 to upgrade (as opposed to $20 on console). Honestly, I would prefer waiting for the whole package to be $10, especially since the base game is on Game Pass.

Blasphemous and X-Morph are the only games that really appeal to me this month, but fortunately I have a coupon.
I hope next month is better.

Speak for yourself, I'm a big fan of the dev. They made Zombie Driver prior to this which was fun and they were incredibly cool when they responded to an incoming delisting of their game by simply giving codes for it away to people. They even gave me a code for the eventual remaster just because I posted nice words on their Facebook about what they were doing.
Coincidentally, I only just found out about X-Morph during the sale a few days ago and was disappointed it hadn't been bundled yet. Wish they'd kept the sale going a little longer so I could have scooped up the discounted DLC.

I already have Soul Calibur VI on Steam and Xbox One...

now i have an extra SC VI key from Humble Bundle because i wanted that Yakuza hawaii game

Humble choice is less value because now we only get disappointed once a month instead of twice
I usually have to look in a mirror more than once a month.

I might be in the minority but I'm not very fussed over the lack of tomb raider dlc. Unless I'm loving a game (and depending on the length) when I get to the end I'm generally not super excited to load up some some more content for it, and the reviews of the tomb raider dlc aren't exactly stellar.
I have mixed feelings about DLC at this point. Sometimes I feel as though I'm missing out on something significant. Often, and this is why if I buy a season pass or a specific DLC, I try to do it before I start the base-game, once I get to the end of a game, I don't feel like it's worth the time and trouble to go back again months or years later to play a short DLC or two. I also have this general feeling that devs make DLCs for games I don't want them on and don't make them for games I'd like to see them on.

I already have Soul Calibur VI on Steam and Xbox One...
now i have an extra SC VI key from Humble Bundle because i wanted that Yakuza hawaii game
Yep, that's pretty much how bundles work.

So now that this Tomb Raider game is actually just the core game I'm not so sure it's worth me actually doing this month.
I picked up SoTR around black Friday off GMG for $18 for the complete game. I figured if this was also I'd feel like I got a little screwed but could share it with a friend. At $12 and being the only game of interest to me and I already own it means this is looking like an easy pass.

Was going to pause but then they got me with the $2 off thing. I only wanted two of the games but that's more than some months. Off to the cesspool with the rest.

Anyone who picked the new Tomb Raider game how much did it cost to finish out the bundle on Steam?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/750920/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition/
So, it's a little weird, but the definitive "bundle" is $26.97, which is a few dollars cheaper than the definitive "upgrade" ($29.99), and it includes the Croft and Deluxe Edition extras as well as the definitive "upgrade" content. I figured all of it will be on sale for at least 50% off before the year is out, so I'm not sweating it at the moment.

Not too fussed about a Tomb Raider game missing DLC. It's all just 10-minute tombs, skins, and fluff. I am, however, really annoyed that they call it the definitive edition (it's not) and then charge extra for something called a definitive upgrade.

Kinda weak December unlocks, though I am now curious about this Fluffy Horde game. I watched the trailer and it looks positively wacky.

Xmorph is a great game. Has a lot of DLC though so might be a situation where that's where they get you. The have a complete bundle that's gone on sale before.

What's the most efficient way to dump excess keys? I have a bunch of stuff on my account but no time to sell them one-by-one. Anyone know of someone who will take them all at once at a discount to what they would otherwise sell for? Surely there have to be people who specialize in flipping for profit.
I will take it off your hands, PM me.

I have 4 months left on my 6 month sub and I already own the definitive of Tomb Raider on PC. Can I pause for this month and still keep 4 months left on my sub?

Anyone getting this months Choice and doesn't want Blasphemous, Phantom Doctrine, or X-Morph Defense and interested in trading them for some past Humble games, let me know.  Trade/selling thread sucks, bros.

There's actually a new bundle today.

Humble Paradox Management Bundle

$1+:

Prison Architect

Prison Architect - Aficionado

Cities in Motion

Cities in Motion 2

BTA:

Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines - Content Creator Pack: European Suburbia

Cities: Skylines - Green Cities

Cities: Skylines - Synthetic Dawn Radio

Cities in Motion: US Cities

Cities in Motion: Tokyo

Cities in Motion: German Cities

Cities in Motion 2: European Cities

$18+:

Surviving Mars - Deluxe Edition

Cities: Skylines - Industries

Surviving Mars: Space Race

Surviving Mars: Green Planet

Surviving Mars: Project Laika

paradox mgmt bundle already inching towards $8 bta. Is surviving mars worth it for the $18 tier?
Surviving Mars is usually $22 for the full game/season pass during sales. I only have the base game but many have said the season pass stuff improves the game. I'm tempted to get this for SM and the Cities in Motion stuff. Cities Skylines is trade fodder since I own it all.

Anyone know if you get offered a discount automatically if you pause the Monthly?  I have no problem re-upping for December if I don't have to pay full price since I want Horizon Chase Turbo.

Anyone know if you get offered a discount automatically if you pause the Monthly? I have no problem re-upping for December if I don't have to pay full price since I want Horizon Chase Turbo.
It's never a guarantee. Some of it seems to depend on how recently they last gave you a coupon. Also might depend on how healthy the sales are for that particular bundle. In my own experience, I tend to get a coupon every ~7 months. Worst you can do is try to pause and if they don't give you a coupon but you still want the bundle, just unpause.

It's never a guarantee. Some of it seems to depend on how recently they last gave you a coupon. Also might depend on how heablthy the sales are for that particular bundle. In my own experience, I tend to get a coupon every ~7 months. Worst you can do is try to pause and if they don't give you a coupon but you still want the bundle, just unpause.
I just got one last month. I assumed that it sort of worked like a negotiation because I just subscribed back in October for the first time.

bread's done
Back